FREE registration until March 18th, 2013 for the Critical Disability Studies Graduate Student Conference to be held on April 6th,2013

Melissa Graham

Mar 14, 2013, 11:44:38 AM3/14/13
to toronto-disa...@googlegroups.com

People in the Toronto should, if they can, attend this conference.

Terry

Hello,

You are cordially invited to the upcoming Annual Critical Disability Studies Graduate Student Conference to be held at York University, Toronto, Canada, on Saturday, April 6th, 2013.   Please kindly extend this invitation to anyone who may be interested.

Registration is FREE and is open until March 18th, 2013.   (For participants who require disability accommodations, the registration deadline was February 28th, 2013.   Having an earlier registration deadline allowed us to arrange appropriate accommodations in a timely manner.)

To register, please send an email to cds_...@yorku.ca with the following information:

1.  Your name

2.  Your email address

3.  Number of guests you will bring

This year's roster of presenters includes scholars from as far away as Ireland and our topics range from issues related to disability identity formation through the virtual world to challenges to definitions of disability related labels.  We are fortunate to have Ms. Irit Shimrat, a Vancouver based activist and author, as the Keynote Speaker this year.

Moreover, we have art exhibitions and a full program of presentations as well as plans to close the conference with a performance by Ms. Julie Devaney who is a MA alumni in the Critical Disability Studies Graduate Program and the creator of the piece "My Leaky Body" which has enjoyed critical success since its launch.

A tentative agenda for the conference is available at
http://cdssa.wordpress.com/conference-2/agenda/

A list of abstracts will be posted at http://cdssa.wordpress.com/conference-2/abstracts/

A bio of the Keynote Speaker is available at http://cdssa.wordpress.com/conference-2/keynote-speaker/

Directions and Campus Map are available at http://cdssa.wordpress.com/conference-2/maps-directions-and-accommodations/

A poster of the conference is attached for posting or circulation.

We look forward to seeing many of you at this exciting event.

Thank you!

Maya Segal
Conference Organizer

CDSSA_Conference flyer.pdf