Make Art and send a message to the Ontario Government: “We need a stronger Social Safety Net!”

Melissa Graham

Apr 17, 2013, 10:55:51 AM4/17/13
to toronto-disa...@googlegroups.com

Make Art and send a message to the Ontario Government:
“We need a stronger Social Safety Net!”

You May Want to Come out to this Workshop in Scarborough:

    Stitching our Own Social Safety Net

                Date: Friday April 26th    Time: 2 – 4pm

        Site: Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre
                93 Birchmount Rd (at Kingston Rd)

This is a new provincial advocacy campaign organized by HOUSELINK and The DREAM TEAM

Many residents are concerned about the unraveling of our social safety net.  There have been recent cuts to many provincial social programs, including:  social assistance, housing, health care and education.  We will use cloth, paint and markers to portray the key government services that need protecting.

Our art work will be added to other similar pieces from people from all over Ontario.
The ‘social safety net’ we create will be presented to the Ontario Government in the coming months.

EVERYONE WELCOME            No Cost          Snacks and TTC tokens available.

To RSVP for this workshop, contact David Meyers at 416 396-7606. For more info on the project, contact Naomi from Houselink at: 416 516 1422 ext. 250