Is tithing voluntary or mandatory?

Honney

Sep 7, 2011, 6:15:51 PM9/7/11
to Tithing & Stewardship Group
As we all know, tithing has always been the cause of debate among
Christians. Some follow the Old Testament (Malachi 3:10), some the New
Testament. How about you? Do you believe that tithing is a mandatory
thing? Are we really robbing God if we don't tithe?

A blessed day to all!

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 7, 2011, 9:55:58 PM9/7/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Honney, all I know is I have tithed faithfully for years and I have never seen the pressed down running over thing- matter of fact I have been homeless for 3 years, even living in a tent for a while. I have never been able to meet my needs during this time, my clothes have holes in them, my animals are going without the vaccines and medicines they need, I am doing without dental and medical care- I just don't get it. So now I am thinking I have chosen by tithing to live under the law- and being the imperfect sinner I am, I am experiencing the curse. I am still uncertain about all this- but I know the 'testing me in this' of Malachi has been proved wrong. I have heard a Pastor say that most Christians that tithe are not experiencing prosperity, but he says it is because the Malachi scripture covers tithes and offerings- and without the giving of offerings at Penetcost, Passover and Tabernacles we will never see its fulfillment. What do you think? Kathy

>--
>
>visit the blog
>http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

Annie Johnson

Sep 8, 2011, 12:07:19 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Do I tithed yes I do every time i do iam bless when i don't i do feel like iam r

David James

Sep 8, 2011, 1:40:19 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
The scripture in Malachi 3: 8-10 was directed to the corrupt priests who failed to honor God and tithe from what they had received. It was not directed to the congregation. Read from chapter 1 to understand the true reason.

Sep 8, 2011, 1:49:02 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Right on brother. I believe in the tithe because it is a starting
point. I came out from under the curse when I opened up my wallet.
Giving goes far beyond the tithe. In our country we always look at it
as cash but the Lord looks at our talents also. Who are you serving
for he says you can't serve both.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM, David James <sand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The scripture in Malachi 3: 8-10 was directed to the corrupt priests who
> failed to honor God and tithe from what they had received. It was not
> directed to the congregation. Read from chapter 1 to understand the true
> reason.
>>http://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en
>>
>>visit the blog
>>http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/
>
> --

> tithe+un...@googlegroups.com

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en
>
> visit the blog
> http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/
>

> --

> tithe+un...@googlegroups.com

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en
>
> visit the blog
> http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

--
Rob & Christina Seever
Missionaries to the Philippines

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 2:57:02 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com, robseever...@gmail.com
Hie

Tithing was mandatory before the coming of Jesus.Nehemia 13.For it was necessary to provide food in the house of the Lord for the Priests(Levites)to do sacrifice activities that brought about the remission of sins.

After he died and ressurected,its no longer mandatory.Free will giving is what is now important.

But those who tithe are also not wrong.What is wrong is to apply malaki 3:8 on them because this book, was written around 430BC.It is no longer applicable now.It is just like Numbers which tells us how to do animal sacrifices.WE CANT APPLY THAT NOW.It was written during the time of Nehemia,who personally implemeted and saw the bad effects of not tithing as the priests and the singers,each went to his own field deserting the house of God.

For an insight and for more scriptures,please read the attachment.

Those who tithe are not to be condemned because,one might secretly make a vow with God(Just like JACCOB),having promised God that he will pay a tithe(10%).Not fullfilling the promise will be a sin.

This will just be like freewill giving.That is encouraged,to free us from curses and the influence of the devourer.

Regards

Pastor N Munatsi.

> Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:49:02 -0700

> Subject: Re: [Tithing & Stewardship Group] Is tithing voluntary or mandatory?
TITHING.doc

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 5:37:38 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com, robseever...@gmail.com
Tithing vs Giving.doc
TITHES.doc

sebongile mohapi

Sep 8, 2011, 3:38:17 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com, robseever...@gmail.com
Abraham our father in faith also tithed. That is why we Christians Tithe

From: nmun...@hotmail.com
To: ti...@googlegroups.com; robseever...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:57:02 +0200

Abram Kabelo

Sep 8, 2011, 8:06:59 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Tithe is not something to debate about, it is for us to obey. The bible says " It is holy to the Lord" ( Leviticus 27 verse 30), not only it is holy, it belong to the Lord. If indeed we fear the Lord we were not to judge his word by time,old and new. May God of the bible bless all of us.

visit the blog
http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

--
A.K.Ntsimane

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 8:10:55 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Why did Jesus teach his apostles to tithe.?Why did the apostles not preach about tithe?Why preach about it now?

To: ti...@googlegroups.com; robseever...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:38:17 +0200

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 8:25:53 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Why did Jesus not teach his apostles to tithe.?Why did the apostles not preach about tithe?Why preach about it now?

Why not reach about free will giving which the apostoles preached about?

You want to preach about tithing because you want to find the opportunity to misinterpret malaki 3:8 so that you will scare people with curses for not tithing.

If you say OUR FATHER Abraham tithed then read Heb 7:9-12.It says"And as i may so say,Levi also,who receiveth tithes ,payed tithes in Abraham.For he was yet in the loins of his father,when Melchisedec met him....For the priesthood being changed,there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

With that paragraph one can also say if we are the children of abraham by faith,we did pay the tithe when abraham paid it,just as per Heb 7:9.The issue of tithes has much to do about who is the new priest.The new covenant specifies that the new priest is now Jesus Christ,and he does not need tithes.It is the old priests(levi/Aaron)who wanted tithes.Read Heb:7 and 8.

By paying tithes to the new priesthood of Jesus,you are in fact putting old wine in new wineskins.New covenant for the new priesthood,and old covenant for the old priesthood.

Abram Kabelo

Sep 8, 2011, 8:29:56 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Excuse me,
A.K.Ntsimane

Mzee Dingani (MJ)

Sep 8, 2011, 8:33:28 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com

It is important for every Christian to search the scriptures to see if what is being taught is so-check the brothers of Berea with Paul...Acts 17...

The important perspective to understand this concept, is to first try and find the period contextually, that is, what is the significance of differentiating between the Old Testament and New Testament; between the Mosaic Law and the New Covenant. The other point is to check what was the purpose of tithes-find the types of tithes (hint there is about 3 types of Maser)-contrast them with the nowadays method-you’d find that there was a currency then but they never used it for tithing...(why then did we modify)-they strictly did not use money(cumin;dill in Mat 23)

If during the birth of the church-the apostles were not being given tithes(fact),but instead people were encouraged to give willingly –and the churchthen, equally divide the contributions according to ones needs...

Yes Paul does teach about the rights of the Apostles-but not indirectly imploring for people to comply with the law of tithing .An interesting part is to read how did Christ fulfil the Law-for He is our high priest now, who with His own blood made an ultimate offering for once ,for us all...(Try and find how some of the tithes were being used-sacrifices)

Sep 8, 2011, 8:45:47 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Put your statement clear, are you guys saying we christian we suppose not to tithe. I really want to understand.

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 10:45:43 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
We are not saying dont tithe or you must tithe.What we are saying is Tithing is no longer a law that,it MUST be done.

If you are freely paying a tenth of your salary,honestly knowing that there is no scripture that is forcing you to pay it,knowing that even if you dont pay that 10% you are not cursed,its ok.

The problem that is pushing people away from God is the wrong intrepretation of scriptures,to say if  Lev 2  says we must burn a bull without blemish then we must do it now because it is written in the bible.

There are preachers out there who are preaching that mal 3:8-10 says you are robbing God by not tithing,then the scripture is applying to us bornagain christians.

Thats putting a yoke on the people's necks which our Lord Jesus did not even carry.

The apostles preached about freewill giving and not tithing.

Jesus never tithed.He never told his followers to tithe.He never tell them to preach tithes.

So go through the attached documents to get a thorough analysis with supporting scriptures about tithes.

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 13:45:47 +0100

TITHES.doc
Tithing vs Giving.doc

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 8, 2011, 11:45:09 AM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the information, it is clear to me now that tithing is an option not a law, and if I do not tithe I am not cursed automatically. I don't know if any of you are aware but many of the very respected Christian preachers who have television networks and programs regularly use the 'will you rob God' scripture in their efforts to collect money. Being un-churched they have had a huge impact on my understanding, but now I see clearly that we are free of this law- and I am not under an obligiation to tithe. Thank you very much. Kathy

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 8, 2011, 12:23:08 PM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
HIE KATY

I am happy that you understood the concept.But i want you not to do like what many people do.That after they realised how they were being croocked,they stop giving altogether.Thats wrong.By giving you become blessed.God wants a cheerful giver.

You can give to those in need,even those whom you dont even know.The word of God promotes giving to someone who can not afford paying back,and giving in secret,not to be seen by people.

If you do that ,the word of God says,you will never be in need.You will be thoroughly blessed.

You can give to support the work of God,but all your giving must be from your heart,knowing you came with nothing,you got everything from God,when you die you will go with nothing.

May the Lord almighty remove the guilty that you were feeling in your heart due to the unavoidable skips on the forced-tithe that was being imposed on you.

Now you will realise that the devil will be more afraid of you than ever.

Please take your time to read the attached documents and especially the supporting scriptures.

Help others who are still being tortured by the cursing verse when Jesus plainly says in John3,anyone who received Jesus is not cursed...

The more they skip to tithe ,the more they feel unsecure,and the more they are vulnerable to demonic attack.

But with this truth,there is no more skipping.Because there is nothing to be paid in tithes but in free will giving.

If you decides to give a tithe or more than a tithe,let it be all from your heart not according to any law.

May the almighy God bless you.

Pastor N Munatsi.
0027848278840
South Africa.

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:45:09 -0700
From: jade...@earthlink.net
TITHES.doc
Tithing vs Giving.doc

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 8, 2011, 2:13:31 PM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Hello Nyaradzai, I have never stopped giving to God, and really don't want to stop, but I do enjoy realizing that it is not an obligation. But please don't say that when you give that God automatically blesses you- because that is not always the case, and that is what finally shook me enough to break the yoke of Malachi- to realize that I had put myself under the law- which none of us can fulfill.

God has kept me on a 40 wilderness trip- and has rooted me up regularly, I have never really experienced prosperity, and never have had a secure home- which has been extremely painful to me. It is still a challenge now to allow myself to think that God loves me personally, all those promises that the pastors love to quote from the Bible, do not find manifestation in my life- instead I have been in exile for many years- a wanderer and outcast, like the diaspora. It sounds so dramatic, but it is really just dismal, and I struggle everyday to keep faith. But the Malachi teaching that the pastors love to fill us with has always been a source of real pain and discouragement for me- as I gave and gave my tithes, and yes offerings too even while I was living in a tent, without enough money for bills and food, and 'the prove me in this' part of the scripture-' windows of heaven' opening for me just never happened- so I would think it was me- I was sinful and unloveable- unworthy of consideration, because I kept hearing testimonies of people who began to tithe and like magic their lives came into order and prosperity and they had a way to live. That is what really hurt to realize that I did not ever have a testimony. I thought for years that maybe it is just a delay, that God's plan for me is for later- so I kept on tithing year after year. But I am 61 now and it is time I grew up- it is time to accept the 'tithing' rule as a fairy tale that preachers tell us so that we will support their ministries. And so I will now give when God gives me the resources to do so- that is scriptural also, that he provides the seed for the sower- and my seed bag is full of holes right now. If the good Lord wants me to give then he will provide me with the resource to give out of. I am just sorry I was so guilible for so long. Kathy

joseph donkoh

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:45:09 -0700
From: jade...@earthlink.net
To: ti...@googlegroups.com

[...]

thanks for your piece.
acts 10 ter
acts chapt 10 talks a lot about giving and not tithe.
the widow's mite plz
philipians 4
the church was established by peter, paul etc. which of tthem talked about tithe?

solomon

Sep 8, 2011, 9:44:40 PM9/8/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Those that Tithe, because they fear Malachi verses and the curse. The Lord did not die on the cross, and forgot to also nailed that curse to the cross. In the NT, there is no where said, Christian please tithe or must tithe. Instead it is give as a cheerful giver. Tithe dis-regard you are cheerful or not, you must give. Once you decided to follow it, you need to abide to it, else the curse will come. I urge those tither to think carefully. Tithing dis-regard the church is very rich or very poor. Cheerful giving will be holy spirit motivated giving to the REAL needy and poor.
Remember --Mathew--21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Proverbs22-16 One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth
   and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.

Proverbs 28:27
Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.
Luke 12:33
Sell what you possess and give donations to the poor; provide yourselves with purses and handbags that do not grow old, an unfailing and inexhaustible treasure in the heavens, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
2 Corinthians 9:9
As it is written, He [the benevolent person] scatters abroad; He gives to the poor; His deeds of justice and goodness and kindness and benevolence will go on and endure forever!

That is real giving, tithing is pale is comparison.

Sep 12, 2011, 3:00:18 AM9/12/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hie KATY

I feel sorry for youwhen i read your story.You have been promised according to malaki and have been tithing but your dreams could not come true.You have paid offerings and you also feel that windows of heaven did not open to you.Thats sad.

You wanted a shelter,but you could not get one.You have been an exile for many years..Thats sad too.

Firstly,let me tell you something,the principle of giving and receiving is true and is practical.But the word of God said,He wants a cheerful giver without being forced or compelled to do so.Let it be from your heart.

Was your giving cheerful?Was it from your heart?

Secondly,have you ever counted your blessings?From what you told me i picked up that you are 61 years.Long age is a blessing on its own.You are still alive and are therefore still capable of doing a lot.

Thirdly,let me ask you something,do you have a proffession,the source of revenue?If not what is the work of your hands that you want the LORD to bless you?If you read the parable of talents(Mathew 25:15-20) where 3 people were given talents by their master,the other one was given five,the other one was given two and the other one was given one.These people had to invest these talents and give back when they are many.If you read in the word of God it is clear that the one who did not do anything to increase his investment remained with nothing.Even the little that he had was taken away from him.

Having a chosen proffession and praying that God blesses the work of your hands is a very fundamental step to make ends meet.Even if your business is small,as you give and pray,you find that you will reap more than what you can imagine.

Anyway,i still insists that the word of God is true when the word says try me and see if the windows of heaven will not open.

Free will giving yes,but not to forced tithe.

Regards

Pastor Munatsi.

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:13:31 -0700

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 12, 2011, 1:18:58 PM9/12/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Dear Pastor Munatsi, thank you for your effort to help me understand our Lord. I know my situation does seem odd- I love the Lord, but after all these years I have to say the 'prove me in this' does not apply to Christians- or I should say 'not to all Christians'- because if you listen to the testimony's on television you would think that every person who tithes has an amazing story of provision, protection and productivetity. It is just those testimony's that push me over the edge- when you keep hearing how God miraculously provides bountifully for his children who tithe and you are in dire straits, it makes you question- am I even God's child? Why does He not provide for me? And it is the contrast, that of course is compounded over the years, that causes me such hurt and dejection. I have asked God to show me someone like me- who has a life experience like me- they must be out there- right? But even those who have bad experiences - those appear to be only for a season- and then the Lord leads them into their promised land. Then I think- well maybe I am a 'bad tree' whose fruit falls to ground and rots. And so it goes in my head.

In 1981 I fasted for 5 days to seek God's will for my life. It may not seem like a long fast, but I have hypoglycemia (chronic low blood sugar) so it was very difficult and maybe dangerous. The Lord gave me a Rhema: Jer. 29:10-14. Of course I did not understand it then, but over the years I have come to understand it- I was exiled for past sins (involved in occult and sexually promiscious), that even though you become born again that does not automatically save you from paying for your crimes. The versus 10-13 I have seen become fulfilled, but the 14th? I am still waiting.

In answer to your questions:

1- It was my understanding that tithing was required, but I was cheerful in giving my tithe. It took 7 years of continuous tithing for it to dawn on me that I was not receiving the promise and benefits that everyone else experienced- I hit the wall at that time- left off tithing for several years. But then returned to it. I have also given of time and other resources when I was urged by the Holy Spirit.

2- yes, but difficult- I see God's hand sometimes in my life- or think I do, but I am always disappointed when a preceived blessing turns into a curse instead. Example- at 40 years old after years of prayer and trying to earn enough I was able to purchase a modest home- I was sure it was God's doing and He had finally given me the desire of my heart- which was to have a home. Two months later I lost my job- the company was taken over and they put new management in place and my former boss took my job and laid me off. There was a recession at the time  and I could not find work for 6 months, finally I was able to find a position 250 miles away, and had to take it to save the home. I had to stay at the job site during the week and commute 4 hours on Friday to get home for the weekend- rising at 3 am on Monday morning to drive back to work. It saved the house momentarily, but my career development that was promised in the hiring process was not fulfilled, and 1 1/2 years later I found a job near my home and left. However, that job turned out to be fraudulent and I found another several months later. All this time my mortgage was behind, caught up, behind again, caught up, behind again- all enjoyment and the security I had thought was mine turned into enslavement to keep a house I seldom got to enjoy. Four years later the new company was bought out and I was removed by the new management- I went into business for myself, and that same new boss went behind the scenes to my clients and told them I was dishonest and they stopped giving me contracts. I went under and lost my home. Someone I knew for several years and had done business with had been offering me a job in California (3500 miles away), she kept at it- promising me atleast a year's steady employment, if I would come out and help her get her equine registry office up and running. After losing the home and with no sign of other work I accepted her offer. I borrowed money to move from friends and went out to take the job. Two weeks into the job she fired me- it turned out I was her second choice, and she had recruited 2 of us continually, and she made the promises to me when the other refused. But later the other person decided she would take the job anyway and then with not so much as a final paycheck I was out in the street. I had to go to the labor board to get my paycheck. I can keep going on from horror to horrror- 'storm tossed and not comforted'- another rhema that I got.

3- my profession has been the construction industry, entered in 1979 as a carpenter's apprentice, graduated a journeyman (second in a class of 60) in 1985. Construction sales in 1987, Project Manager in 1990-1992, Insurance Loss project manager for another company 1994-1997, own business 1997-1998, then stint into horse industry in CA, back to carpenter for 1 1/2, then Building Inspector 2000-2005. Sounds okay right? You can see I have skills, I was able to turn my carpenter experience into management and professional positions. But that is only a portion of the story.

 I was one of the first women to enter the trade unions in the US. I was totally unprepared for the rage I encountered. Construction is a brutal industry in its best days- the workers unless unionized have no beneifts or job security- when the job is done so are you. But I was part of a huge social experiment where women were being moved into jobs that had traditionally been held by men only and I was at the front lines. Being fairly young at the time I was unaware of what I was stepping into.  And the experience was pretty violent, cursing, crude and lewd illustration of myself preforming fantastic sexual acts were posted on the latrine wall, my tools were stolen, I was 'accidently' pushed off staging and work areas, I was threatened and harassed continually. Eventually there were even attempts on my life (truck blown up with me in it, heavy tools accidently dropped on me when climbing down a ladder, crane accidents). God must of preserved my life for something! So when I achieved journeyman status- that is completed my education, I moved to other construction jobs as well as I could. My career has been characterized by sudden stops, loss of income and benefits, so very unstable and hard to prosper in, every time I seem to be getting caught up and on the verge of prosperity, I lose my job or income- usually through someone I work with or work for, somehow changing the rules and fixing it behind the scenes so that I am blamed for something. However even with the resistance to my presence on a job, no one has successfully malaigned my job performance as it is usually well above average. So you see, I have God given skills but have lacked the covering to succeed or prosper.

I am retired now (a forced political retirement) and am on a fixed income trying to re-invent myself in the horse breeding industry. I have had a website online since 2003 and occasionally have been able to sell a horse, but since 2005 I have not been able to sell any- the horse industry is in a terrible recession. I am able to publish articles occassionaly in trade journals but they never pay- so it is just a case of paying my dues to establish a name. So here I am stuck with many mouths to feed, and no way to sell them. It is the same basic frame as I am always in- enslaved and empovished, having to spend every cent I have just to feed the livestock, I would shoot them all and burying them- but you can not do that here and it costs @ $500 to put down and dispose of a horse carcess. Not that I want to do this, but to head off you saying why not just get out of it? Right now you can not literally give away a horse. People are abandoning them but I can't and won't do that. And all the while I tithe and give offerings and love the Lord and study to show myself approved.

 Did I mention I have written a book- from 2008 until now and it is ready for publication- and here again I stepped out on faith and researched and wrote it, expecting and believing God to provide a way for me to raise the small amount for publishing when it is done- that is His promise, that He will make a way- He gives us abilities and our gift will make our way- that is what I have been taught. Prosperity comes from God, the Word is clear on this- I have 4 horses up for sale, they are excellent horses, God is who controls these things- and year after year no sale. No provision in sight. I just put one foot in front of the other- one day at a time. I will stop now, I could go on and tell how I married at 51 to a 'great guy', but who wouldn't work once we married, how he inherited a property and how he lost it by not working, how I finally left him after 10 years and miracle of miracle -he decided to get a job then. No living children. Working off my rent at a farm. Just holding on by a thread. Wondering all the while how did I miss it? Why am I not prospering?

You don't have to feel sorry for me, but if you have a reason why all my efforts fail to bring in a harvest, or why the Lord won't bless the work of my hands or if you know of other people who are faithful to the Lord, but are living under the curse it would make me feel better.

Rebecca Brown

Sep 12, 2011, 9:39:55 PM9/12/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katy, Sounds like you have been through an awful lot. I have been
thinking about the things you said about your life, and I really
believe the question of tithing has little to do with the
circumstances of your life. You see, when tithing was instituted in
the Old Testament, under the Law of Moses, it, along with all of the
law, was given to a people who did not yet have a Savior. THey did not
have access to the Holy Spirit living inside of them. So God gave them
a law that would give them a glimpse of his own opinion by the things
He required and the punishment for disobedience. He gave specific
instructions for the care of his ministers of the work of sacrifices
etc. Then after Jesus came and brought redemption and the forgiveness
of sins, sent His Spirit to dwell in his children he set in order a
better way. Now you have never needed any sort of works that would
guarantee you financial blessing or success. What we all need now, is
not to DO a certain deed, but to walk in the Spirit of God and in His
plan for our lives, to know victory and satisfaction. You have spoken
about your career choices, how you were treated out there in a mans
world, where probably more rugged men work with wood and in dust, day
after day and of the many troubles that beset you. My husband was a
carpenter and I have a good idea of what that can involve. I am not
saying that women should not be able to work with wood, but the
reality is what it is. you saw first hand what it is like out there.
There is one thing I have not heard you mention and that is that you
began by focusing on Jesus himself and waiting to see what He wanted
you to do with your life, other than the tithing thing. Many people
look either to preachers, or even to scriptures to see what is right
and wrong and what God requires of them, in an effort to make sure
they are okay with him, not doing something wrong or sinning and then
look for His blessings. Seems logical. But it is only when we are
doing HIS will, when he is in us and His words are abiding in us, or
should I better say, when we are walking in the path He has shined His
light on, that we can expect His approval and help in our endeavours.
We tend to think out, plan and come up with our own choices; the
things that either we greatly desire, for reasons of our own, or what
we think will work out best, then we pray for God's help. Instead we
should seek Him, for the plan HE has for us, walk in His Spirit and
expect His help. Rather than Him help us with our plans, we should
agree with His plans, obey and let Him make it work. You spoke of
marriage to a man who would not work. Did you wait to hear from the
Lord concerning marry this man before doing so? If the answer is yes,
then I would question whether you were in agreement with the Word of
God in divorcing on such grounds. If on the other hand you did not,
then it is no surprise that things did not go well. We have all made
mistakes and I do not mean this in condemnation. I am only saying that
success of any kind, must be considered success, only when the will of
God is being done. if we are in His will and we face hard times, we
can count on Him for strength to make it through, comfort in the
middle of it all, and His love to keep us and warm our hearts. You can
give tithes till dooms day, give free will offerings weekly and in big
amounts, but still not be giving what God is wanting. Romans 12:1 +2
says " I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that
ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this
world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING

Rebecca Brown

Sep 12, 2011, 9:49:09 PM9/12/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and
perfect, WILL OF GOD. Give Jesus your thoughts, your attention, your
heart and seek to see HIm and to listen to Him above all else. He is
the Word of God, so spend time in His Word, not to figure out what to
do, but to get to know HIM better. Grow closer to Him than all else.
All of these things you do to earn an living and to get ahead are time
consuming and mind consuming. But what you need is to be consummed
with Jesus himself. He can make water flow and flowers bloom in a
desert. He can meet your nutritional needs when you have only bread to
eat. He can feed you in a wilderness. He can hold you close when you
are alone. He can give you peace and satisfaction when you own no
earthly thing. Give Him all of you and give him your attention; your
ear. If He wants you to give money or any other thing, at any time, He
can whisper that into your ear, if you are listening. And if He should
even say, "give all that you have" you needn't be afraid. You will
have Him and He is enough.

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 12, 2011, 11:29:40 PM9/12/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Hello Rebecca, thanks for your input, but as far as I was able to decern the will of God at that time I was indeed where he wanted me to be. I certainly would have done something else, and I did seek Him. I used to carry scriptures or psalms in my jeans pocket that I had received in my morning devotions and during the day I would ease it out of my pocket to read - it helped especially when I was scared which was often. I make stupid mistakes every day and I am sure some of the choices I made are not what the Lord had in mind- I just did the best I could. But I have to say that most of the Christians out there have made mistakes in interrupting the will of God in their lives, and have experienced failure and opposition and poverty, but I really would like to hear about someone else who has had similar experiences because none of this explains the 30 plus years of loss and deprevation- none of it. Am I a worse sinner than others- no I am not. I am pretty clear on the tithing thing now, but just remembering some of these experiences in order to answer Pastors questions has put me into a deep depression today- I usually try not to think about the scale of this and the horror of my existence- I just can't live if I keep on remembering, and I see nothing that makes it better for me, just makes me sad that there was never a safe place for me. I know you are trying to be helpful and I appreciate your candidness, but I didn't sin more than others or not pray or not ask God to direct me. And even if I did- would the God you know and love punish me for decades? Isn't the Holy Spirit able to lead us if we seek God? Kathy

Rebecca Brown

Sep 13, 2011, 1:08:52 AM9/13/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Katy I am not suggesting that you sinned more than others. I have
never experienced what you have but I have faced great sorrow, I was
married before I was 18 to the man God created for me. He was ahead of
his age, at age 20, already a self employed carpenter, a man of the
Word and the one who showed me more about the love of God than anyone
I ever knew even to this day. We were married 18 1/2 years, had five
children, two were born at home, with their daddy delivering. We home
schooled them. Dwight and I sang together. He is the only man I have
ever been with. One day in the spring of 1989, we were coming home
from shopping. All seven of us were in the car, when a drunk man left
his lane and drove into us. My husband died. my 4 i/2 year old little
daughter died and the man who ran into us died. At that point in my
life I did not need any man's religion. i needed a real God who could
literally carry me and do it for me. I was a devoted Christian,still I
was in the valley of the shadow of death. My little girl had been a
miracle child who I had been told might be retarded, but who God had
healed. Now she was gone. my husband, the other half of who i was, was
gone. There was a time I thought of suicide, but very shortly. And I
have learned that when we are vulnerable, even if it be because of
sorrow that is justified, that Satan comes along to add his own even
more depressing words to our minds. WHat happened was real. They were
gone. I had a right and a reason to sorrow. But the Lord kept bringing
the words of scripture to me that say His strength (God's) is made
perfect in weakness. When I am weak, He is strong for and in me. It is
okay to be weak, because then I can stop trying to fix it and let Him
do it for me. What else could I do except to despair? If during the
darkest times we can remember that Christ is there and that we are in
His hands, (if indeed we have put ourselves there), then we have
reason to smile. There is an old song I used to sing that says "God
walks the dark hills" He is there with us and will carry us if we let
Him. If you could look back and see that He was there and did not let
you be destroyed, you can be thankful. I have been through many very
hard times. At one point, after my kids were older the enemy came in
like a flood trying to destroy us and I felt like He was trying to
make me lose my mind. Thank God I learned to take authority over the
enemy and to lean on God. God showed me how I had feared losing my
children and the Bible says 1 John 4:18 ... fear hath torment. I began
to see that my fear had given the enemy permission to do what he had
done, because I had believed it could be. I had faith in the thing I
feared or I would not have feared. As Jesus had said to the blind men
- Matthew 9:29...According to your faith be it unto you. And so it
had been. But rather than be condemned, I was thankful to God for
showing me my fear so I could give it to Him and He could heal me. I
have suffered but I have also seen many miracles, still I know I need
to practice all the more, being aware of the Lord and keeping my mind
on Him. Cares of this world, choke out the Word. (Matt. 13:22) No
matter how good we try to live, it is easy to let this happen. It is
more important to focus on Jesus, being close to him and listening to
his still small voice than it is to try and figure everything out. I
want to encourage you not to let Satan get you down over the past or
the future and certainly not the present. Jesus wants our attention.
Give him the difficulties and tell Him you are trusting Him to work
them out, to get rid of them or to give you peace, security and
provision in the midst of them. In the name of Jesus begin to take
authority over the enemy and forbid him to have his way in your life.
DO not give him an inch. James 4:7+8 Submit yourselves therefore to
God. RESIST the devil, and he will FLEE from you. 8 DRAW NIGH to God,
and he WILL draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; purify
your hearts, ye double minded. Do not worry or fret about the past.
Think of it only if God is showing you something for a better future,
or if there is anything to repent of.First we let Him cleanse us and
submit to Him, then He will work on our behalf. I ask his forgiveness
often. It is a habit of mine, because I want to stay pure, holy, and
to be ready when He comes or I go to Him. All have sinned, yet we
still need to remind each other to always submit totally to God, even
daily and moment by moment. The devil loves getting us depressed. But
we have the power in Jesus name to kick him and his voice out of our
lives. You don't know what you are going to do with your horses you
say, and maybe you don't know how you are going to make all ends meet.
But God knows. He can show you what to do, or simply provide your
needs. Heb. 13:5 ... be content with such things as ye have: for he
hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. If you have
shelter, some food in your stomach, you then have a place to sit back
in the presence of the Lord and enjoy His company, His love and
affection and a place from which to watch Him work on your behalf. I
am presently unemployed. I worked 3 years for Head Start, then my son
began talking about having me move closer to my kids. So I told the
director of this possibility, but that if it were to happen I would
tell her. She said she would pray for me. Then evidently she forgot or
misunderstood and thinking i was leaving, she replaced me. My
unemployment is only $194 per week. I do not know what is ahead, but
I know i will go there in the arms of Jesus and I will have a
testimony of his love and care. Lift your head and begin to praise and
thank the Lord for all he has done for you, all he wants to do for
you, all he will do for you and ask him to stop the enemy from
defeating you, then begin praising him that he is going to do that
too! Remember that in all of your troubles you were not allowed to
die. You are still here and can still see God work in your life. He
still can do great things in you! Believe him to do miracles in your
life. I think one of the greatest miracles is when we have little of
this worlds goods, but still have contentment, peace of mind and
heart, and the joy of the Lord, plus the pleasure of His sweet
company! I now love seeing how God works things out and right on time
in ways I couldn't have seen coming. This is the day to be thankful!
This is the day to believe. This is the day to NOT give the enemy any
place in your life or any credit. This is the day to see ans
acknowledge God in every part of your life and to praise him in faith
. Romans 5:1-6 Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have PEACE with
God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By who we also have access BY FAITH
into his grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in HOPE of the glory of
God. And not only so, BUT WE GLORY IN TRIBULATIONS also: knowing that
tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience, and
experience, HOPE: And HOPE MAKETH NOT ASHAMED; because the LOVE OF GOD
is she abroad in our hearts by the HOLY GHOSt which is given unto us.
For when we were YET WITHOUT STRENGTH, in due time Christ died for the
ungodly.

Rebecca Brown

Sep 13, 2011, 1:40:11 AM9/13/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
PS I want to add that the Lord reminded me that Dwight and my little
girl (named Hope) are only asleep in Jesus. They are not just a part
of my past but a part of my future; my forever! Praise God! 1 Cor.
15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men
most miserable.

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Sep 13, 2011, 5:57:00 AM9/13/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hie

Uum Kathy,your encounters were so unbearable.I read Rabbeca's contribution,she too faced real predicaments that if you are not strong in the faith you would say 'the Lord has rejected me'

I need to comment on both issues.

The two cases brought by you two people(Rabbeca and Kathy are different and yet the same)

The accident that claimed Rebecca's husband and other children was a devilish attack on the people of God.To me it resembles what happened to Job.It did not happen because Jod sinned,but God allowed it to happen anyway for the reasons bestly known to him.
One can even ask to say'why did God allow stephen to be stoned to death.'In the scriptures you see the word of God saying stephen also did not pray for protection,but he said'God in your hands i lay my spirit'.He confirmed where he was going by stating that 'i could see the heavens open,and the son of man seated on the right hand of God'.It explains that THERE ARE THINGS WHICH WE CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HERE UNLESS IF THE LORD OPENS IT TO US'.Why God would let the rightious die sometimes in scaring circumstances,why God would want a very busy and instrumental person in the Gospel like ELIJA to come to heaven with a pillar of fire on a chariot of heavenly horses.It just explains why it happens.HE HAS USE OF HIS RIGHTIOUS PEOPLE THERE IN HEAVEN.If your loved one is instrumental to God,its a treasure to die in Christ.It is a pain yes,but the more you understand scriptures the more you know we dont belong here.Philipans 3:20(We are citizens of Heaven).So you can not be sad if your husband was only going home where he belongs.

But the death through accidents is usually caused by the devil.What we call an attack.

Sorry for the statement that i am about to write it might not go well with you(Rabecca):THE WORD of God says we must pray without ceasing.The moment you relax a bit,the devil can steal from you sametime.I am not implying that you had relaxed a bit,but i am saying sometimes it happens...

Secondly,on your issue Kathy.As i am currently writing,i am feeling the presence of the Lord in my body and am stopping here and there to pray.In other words i seem to be touching on the sensitive part of the enemy(devil) and as the enemy shrieks in worry and pain,the Lord Jesus is protecting me,then i feel His presence.

Your predicament is typical of a curse.What ever you do seem to be bound by a curse.This can be as a result of your past relationship with the devil when you were in ocult and in promiscuity.Ocult involve selling your soul to the devil.Technically you will be practically a candidate of hell,and thus you experience real hell on earth.Read 1 John 5:17-19.The devil will not touch the children of God...,meaning to say the devil can only touch his(devil )own children,not of God.Normally your activities in Ocult involve insulting the Holyspirit and insulting God and Worshiping the devil.Now it depends on how you joined.Whether you were tricked into joining or else it was explained nicely upon joining,how it works(while you were still sober and unpossesed) and you made your own decision to join.If you were tricked,and then later realised that you have joined what you did not comprehend and then you left,your issue is understandable.

But if everything was clear and well decided,there is a risk that your sins might fall within the unforgivable sins mentioned by Jesus.But since he is our only hope,just be baptised and seek his mercy from the bottom of your heart.The word of God says even if your sins are as crimson red,they will be made as clean and as white as snow.

You know what happened.How did you join ocult activities and for what benefit?

Ocult things need real proper deliverance.The way you explain seems to indicate that,those satanic demons are the ones which are still torturing and haunting you.If you are not careful,you might still be in the ocult field without yourself knowing it.The activities of tampering with the soul are very dangerous in that God 's promises about your life are all on your soul.The devil will take everything.The good thing about our Lord is that he says in his word(Joel) that he will restore everything stolen by the devil,when you give yourself to God.

MAY YOU PLEASE READ THIS.IT IS A PRAYER.TRUST THAT THE LORD IS HEARING YOU AS YOU PRAY.LET IT COME FROM YOUR HEART.ITS A PRAYER OF DELIVERANCE FROM DEMONIC BONDAGE.

"LORD JESUS,THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD,I THANK YOU THAT YOU ARE MY LORD.I KNOW THAT YOU ARE MERCIFUL.FATHER I BEG FOR YOUR MERCY.FORGIVE ME.I SINNED BEFORE YOU.MAY YOU WASH ME BY YOUR BLOOD.WASH MY WHOLE BODY AND I WILL BE CLEAN.RESTORE WHAT IS MEANT FOR ME IN THIS LIFE.IN THE NAME OF YOU MY LORD JESUS CHRIST,I SUBMIT MYSELF BEFORE YOU.YOU KNOW MY PAST AND I REGRET HAVING DONE WHAT I DID(you mention what you did).I BELIEVE THROUGH YOU MY LORD JESUS I WILL BE RESTORED.I DO ACCEPT YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR.YOU DIED ON THE CROSS,YOU WERE BURIED BUT YOU AROSE ON THE THIRD DAY,YOU ASCENDED TO HEAVEN,YOU ARE SEATED ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.I PRAY FOR DELIVERANCE FROM THE POWERS OF DARKNESS.IN THE NAME OF JESUS I AM FREE.I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN WHEN I PHYSICALLY DIE.LORD JESUS,BE MY LORD FROM TODAY UP TO ETERNITY.IN THE NAME OF JESUS,I THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYER.IN THE NAME OF JESUS.AMEN.

When you pray this prayer from your heart,something must happen.You must feel something.Because as i am writing this i am feeling something.

May the Lord Jesus help you to get restoration and receive liberty.I need to break for now to pray....

Pastor Munatsi.

> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:29:40 -0700
> From: jade...@earthlink.net
> To: ti...@googlegroups.com

jade...@earthlink.net

Sep 13, 2011, 11:28:08 AM9/13/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rebecca for sharing with me those painful and ultimately triumphant trials in your life. Our God is great, and I too believe. The only child I had died inside of me- he was an ectopic pregnancy and caused hemoraging in me so that I had to be rushed to the hospital and be operated on to stop the bleeding and yes, they removed my child. The father had already abandoned me, and without my good friend Lynn I would have bled to death, because when you lose alot of blood you are pretty peaceful and just want to lie down and sleep. She found me and then wouldn't let me sleep and brought me to the emergency room. Do you think she was sent by God at that time to find me? I do. I knew in the spirit my child was a boy and his name is Matthew and I will see him soon also. Did you read the new book "Heaven is for Real"? It is lovely and very comforting to us who have loved ones in heaven. I have two brothers and a sister there- all tragedically removed from life too early- 2 by murder and one by Lou Gehrigs, so I know what you are talking about. I got into this whole discussion not because I do not believe and love the Lord, I do. My question is why I do not receive the benefits promised in the scriptures- I understand now the "test me in this" and the "pressed down- running over" promises are the old testiment covenant and that I am not under the law and do not have to religously tithe, but only do as the Holy Spirit prompts me. But I still am puzzled about the continual loss and deprivation. I know trials will come, and I know I have to have my share of them, but my situation is a pattern- it is pretty much now a given- that I will rise to a height where it is time for promotion or increase and then wham it is taken and given to another. So all the pat Christian answers still do not fit- not after this many years. You expect trials for a season, but then to have seasons of refreshing and increase also. I had a sense this morning as I awoke that God was sharpening me - that I was a sword that He was stropping back and forth to sharpen. My question to God is How sharp do I have to be and for what reason? Thank you for sharing with me. Kathy

Dear Pastor, I am not still under the devil's control- but thanks for worrying and being candid. I was a young person in the drug culture of the 1960s, was alcoholic also and being of an analytical mind I was attracted to astrology, and that is what I was involved in. I wrote charts and even gave some seminars! When I was born again I threw away all my books, ephemeris and what not, any occult things I have possession of and turned fully to God. Is the sin of astrology a greater sin then that of murder which both Moses and David - both beloved of God committed? Is the blood of Jesus not able to cleanse me from all that? We all have a tendency to sin that we get from our sin natures- generational sins, mine were of an intellectual nature, as well as the alcoholism that runs in my family (generational sins). The Lord took care of both of those. If I pick up the drink, drug or think I can figure out the future without the Holy Spirit's help (astrology) will the sin come back and find residence in me?- yes it will. But is my sin greater than a homosexual who turns from their sin and is cleansed by God? Am I damned eternally because of the sins of my youth? I don't think so. That is not what my Bible says. I am sure by this time you have read my response to Rebecca so I will not go on with more of this. I don't think any of us have the answers to why some Christians have cursed lives with multiple tragedies and losses. And with all this imput from all of you who are obviously scripturally affluent, but who don't have the answer either, I will just have to let it go. I have got my head straight on the tithing thing, and that had become a legialistic practice without me realizing it I think. Now I am free from that guilt and false sense of duty, to give freely as the Holy Spirit directs and provides. I thank you all for your help with that. Kathy