Tithe

julias khristy

Feb 22, 2012, 11:14:24 AM2/22/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I believe tithe is very much for believers. According to Malachi 3:10
God bless all who tithe. I have number of testimonies where people are
blessed.
julias khristy

Rob Seever

Feb 22, 2012, 7:49:38 PM2/22/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I've been blessed because I tithe. He also said test Me in these
things, which I have and He wins.

--
Rob & Christina Seever
Missionaries to the Philippines

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Feb 23, 2012, 12:31:14 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hie

I believe that tithing brings blessings and protection from by God.Why did Abraham tithe to Melchizedeck?Why did Jacob tithe to God when his vow was made?

Both these two tithed,even before the law of Moses was there.

Heb7:5 states that it is according to the law to tithe.

Gal 5:4 states that those who opt to live according to the law have fallen from the grace of Christ.

So this implies that tithing as per the law is wrong.

You can pay your tithe as and when the spirit allows.

The law-induced tithing is the one which is now abolished by the death and ressurrection of Jesus Christ as per Heb:7.

But the tithe which Abraham did(Only once)and the tithe which Jacob did(Only recorded once,were not regular and were not according to the law,but were a way of worship to the Lord.He is still God and must be worshipped.It is spirit led tithing,irregular and is not compulsorily forced on people,but it is important for personal edification and a relationship with God.

Regards

Pastor Bruce.

> Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:49:38 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Tithing & Stewardship Group] Tithe
> From: robseever...@gmail.com
> To: ti...@googlegroups.com

David James

Feb 23, 2012, 1:43:11 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
A right relationship with God is to obey His Son Jesus Christ (Deut 18: 15-19; Matt 17:4-6; John 14:15-26; Luke 10:25-37). That is why we are called Christians. Are we saying that those who have enough to tithe will be blessed and those who do not have (making a decision between basic bills) will be cursed? Then the rich will live and the poor will die.

Rob Seever

Feb 23, 2012, 5:08:19 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Very well said. Praise God!

Nyaradzai Munatsi

Feb 23, 2012, 7:01:53 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
HIE

Nowadays people preach that if u dont tithe you will be cursed.But according to John 3:18 anyone who believes in Jesus is not cursed.

Malaki 3:8-10 only applies to the law induced tithing which is no longer binding now after the death and resurrection of our Lord.

Spirit led tithing-Yes ,as per Abraham and Jacob tithing.
Compulsory tithing-No.Its no longer applicable now for it is against the Christian law of liberty in Gal 5:1-10.

Pastor Munatsi

> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:08:19 -0800

tw...@ulwazinetworks.co.za

Feb 23, 2012, 2:59:54 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Good day

If tithe open doors for blessings why are not all people who tithe blessed?

Why is it put as though it blesses me(the tither) but when I don't do it the pastors starts to have atitude towards those that are not tithers?

From: Nyaradzai Munatsi <nmun...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:31:14 +0200
Subject: RE: [Tithing & Stewardship Group] Tithe

Mzee Dingani (MJ)

Feb 23, 2012, 8:37:50 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Gentiles are exempted from the Law, Book of Acts(apostles and the Holy
Spirit in Jerusalem).Jesus does acknowledge that tithing is the
Law(Mathew 23)-or at least is regarded as the Law-remember adding or
subtracting anything from the word of God is prohibited.
Abraham tithe not out of faith- but as an obedience to a culture of
Babylonian Kings...Social obligation...
If we are to allow tithing, we should do it under the Law-for that is
what it is...
In the bible, there are three(3)types of tithes(Maser)-if the church
insist on the tithes, we should do all three -
Remember Levites are a wave offering to God(their blood gives them
this)Num 8:13-14

They earn their inheritance by virtue of their genealogy-but Christ
out of an Oath(everlasting)

This e-mail is subject to the Telkom SA electronic communication legal notice, available at :
http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF

Kevin Mitchell

Feb 23, 2012, 9:14:48 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Tithing is is not New Testament! If u are born again u are not a gentile.Know your history in the WORD

--- On Thu, 2/23/12, Mzee Dingani (MJ) <Ding...@telkom.co.za> wrote:

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en
>> >
>> > visit the blog
>> > http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/
>> >

>> --
>> Rob & Christina Seever
>> Missionaries to the Philippines
>> http://robseeverministries.blogspot.com
>>
>> --
>>
>> visit the blog
>> http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/
>

> --
>
> visit the blog
> http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

--
Rob & Christina Seever
Missionaries to the Philippines
http://robseeverministries.blogspot.com

visit the blog
http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

Kevin Mitchell

Feb 23, 2012, 9:17:04 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Have u ever read "Pagan Christianity"? Try it

Feb 23, 2012, 9:18:59 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Because they need your income.Please read "Pagan Christianity"

From: Nyaradzai Munatsi <nmun...@hotmail.com>
To: ti...@googlegroups.com

Shumani Mushavhela (Shumani.Mushavhela@absa.co.za)

Feb 23, 2012, 8:50:02 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Whoa are Gentiles

Important Notice:

Absa is an Authorised Financial Services Provider and Registered Credit Provider,
registration number: NCRCP7.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Please note that there are terms and conditions and some important restrictions,
qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that apply to this email. To read this
click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:

http://www.absa.co.za/disclaimer

The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of
section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions
Act, 25 of 2002.

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail
to discl...@absa.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.

Kiat Voritskul

Feb 23, 2012, 11:47:51 AM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com, ti...@googlegroups.com
Our God is no respecter of persons. He loved the poor widow in the New Testament as much
as he loved King David in the Old Testament because both of them first gave their heart and soul to God.

It's all right if you want to offer to God 10%, as long as it's out of your heart and soul, not grudgingly, or out of sense of duty,
or feel that you are still living under the laws.
We can never be justified by tithing, giving or doing anything to deserve our salvation except by believing in Jesus Christ as our Savior.

Do not turn away from the truly poor and needy because God can see our every move and motive.

Kiat Voritskul

Feb 23, 2012, 1:32:21 PM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
You are right.It must never be as per the law.It must not be expected monthly by the Pastors.It must be a thing between each individual and God.

Abraham tithed after God helped him to rescue Lot and after he was given bread and wine by Melchizedeck.

Jacob tithed after God met the conditions that Jacob set.That is to provide for him and to protect him while he was away from home until he reaches safe home.

A form of prayer and worship.But the question is..Why 10% and not 11% or 9%.

You know,some numbers represent something in the Kingdom of God.

As an example,Jesus stayed in the grave for three days and ressurected on the third day,and like wise Jonah stayed in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights.He was vomitted on the third day.

There is therefore something sinister about these three days.

Another example is on the 40 days that our Lord Jesus Fasted.Likewise Moses also was in the mountain with God for the same period.Same applies to Elija after eating the cake brought to him by the angel of God ,he travelled for 40 days and 40 nights.

Dont take these things lightly.

There is a blessing in paying a 10% to God.Of course not to be a continuous thing as what some Pastors say.But here and there to achieve total liberation from the devourer.

The apostles never preached about tithing(NOT EVEN A SINGLE VERSE).They preached about free will giving.WHY?

Regards

Pastor Munatsi.

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:47:51 -0800
From: ki...@voritskul.net
To: ti...@googlegroups.com
CC: ti...@googlegroups.com

vi...@lavello.net

Feb 23, 2012, 2:56:01 PM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Just don't pretend to offer more like Annanias!

From: "Kiat Voritskul" <ki...@voritskul.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:47:51 -0800

Mzee Dingani (MJ)

Feb 23, 2012, 3:17:05 PM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com

A gentile according to the bible is/was a non jew

David James

Feb 23, 2012, 11:06:23 PM2/23/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Tithing was instituted to care for the Levites, widows, orphans and others that were in need. Not to build a family heirloom, supply private planes, luxury cars, RVs, helicopters and mansions, while some tithers and members struggle to keep their lights on. Jesus said that we must love our neighbors as ourselves if we desire to go to heaven. It means that whatever I desire for myself, I should desire for my neighbors (those who are not like me). This is where true giving is manifested. The rich young ruler could not comply. We are called Christians because we pattern our lives after Jesus Christ and not Moses, Elijah, David, Melchizedek, or Abraham. They lived according to how God  had led them. We are to follow the teachings of Jesus and will be accountable to Him by the words He spoke ( Deut 18:15-19).
God destroyed Sodom because their pride, sexual sins, and lack of compassion for the poor. In other words, God could not find any righteous persons in Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot and his family were spared because of the plea and righteousness of Abraham. They were not doing what was right in the sight of God.

Ezekiel 16:48-50 (Jerusalem vs Sodom)
As I live, says the Lord GOD, neither your sister Sodom nor her daughters have done as you and your daughters have done. Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: They had pride, fullness of food, abundance of idleness; neither did they strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. They were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.
Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
John 12:48
He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day
John 15:12
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you
John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
Luke 6:46
But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?
James 1:26-27
26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Acts 4: 31-35
31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. 32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
Christianity is not about if and how much a person tithes; or bragging about how much a person is blessed and protected because he tithes. Malachi was written to address the Levites that were robbing God.
Christianity is about obeying God through the commands of Jesus Christ; sharing the gospel and bringing deliverance to all those in need of such. Can we really handle this tpye of Christian giving and lifestyle?  Hmmm
> [...]

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the GoogleTithing & Stewardship group. To unsubscribe from this group, send email totithe+un...@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en visit the bloghttp://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

flog...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2012, 12:37:02 AM2/24/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I pray one day the body of Christ, will get this....well said..it is indeed TRUTH!!

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the GoogleTithing & Stewardship group. To unsubscribe from this group, send email totithe+u...@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en visit the bloghttp://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Tithing & Stewardship group.   To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tithe+un...@googlegroups.com   For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tithe?hl=en   visit the blog http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

visit the blog
http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

Michael Reynolds

Feb 24, 2012, 1:43:42 AM2/24/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Wow that was a Blessing!
Friends please study to show
Yourselves approved by Jesus
Like our friend who quoted so well
That the least should be the greatest
In such great thought! The book of Jerimiah is the longest book in the
Bible but so few Christians are
Familiar with it. Jesus I the God of near
and far and he will judge the shepherds  who eat and shear
the Fathers sheep! Jerimiah 23:23

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin Mitchell

Feb 24, 2012, 12:25:13 PM2/24/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
If u are born again then u are a spiritual JEW. Paul says it look it up.

Mzee Dingani (MJ)

Feb 24, 2012, 12:58:19 PM2/24/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Kevin-I will look up-did not know that...

Michael Reynolds

Feb 25, 2012, 1:46:34 AM2/25/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Pagan Christianity is a revolutionary book.
So many Evangelical traditions are unquestioned by us Evangelicals. The book was disturbing to me and just about everyone who reads it? I do not agree with the entire book but Wow it has influenced my thinking of what and who are the Body of Christ? How
Can we fault Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians for there often harmful traditions if we do not examine our own? Jesus calls us to examine our hearts and our daily walk. He is our Master and we are his slaves he bought with his blood. Our lives are subject to be scrutinized by the Body of Christ and the World to whom we witness Jesus. Why not ask what do I believe and is this a man made tradition? The most hard headed people act like proclaim to hold to zero religious Traditions. However even Atheist have many religious traditions. If we think hard it becomes clear that Everyone has some shaky doctrines customs, notions, practices, ideologies,traditions that are
Beyond the Bible and traditions we would have a hard time justifying as legitimate Christian teaching and practice.
Christ in Us Christians be an every moment Slave for Christ!

Sent from my iPhone

Mike and Debra Copeland

Feb 25, 2012, 10:51:13 AM2/25/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
One of the biggest contributors to so-called religious traditions such as the Tithe and Seed Giving is the Trinity Broadcasting Network: in a recent post I said:
"God has been speaking for a long time now to stop promoting TBN and it's minister's. Now there is one out of 4 lawsuits filed by Crouch's granddaughter with an update in this report as recent as Feb 23, 2012. If we give our money supporting this sham in the name of Christianity we will be held accountable as an accomplice. We can't plead ignorance any longer."

You're all invited to come by www.saltandfire.com and check out our short video "Spirit-Led Giving" by clicking on our Prophetic Parables, Commentaries and Testimonies Video Link not to mention our recent video's on the home page such as the compelling "The Three Towers". Good points Mr Reynolds!
Sincerely, Mike and Debra Copeland
saltandfire

David James

Feb 25, 2012, 7:08:34 PM2/25/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
According to the 1998 United Nations Census on Religions, there were at that time, 23,000 Christian denominations in the world
and they all somewhat differ. The Bible states that there is only one doctrine, one Lord, one faith, one baptism. (John 7:15-17; Ephesians 4:5, 2John 1:8-10). “A house that is divided will not stand”.
2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who discreetly shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their malicious ways; by reason of which the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with pretentious (showy) words make merchandise (exploit) of you: whose judgment now of a long time will not be delayed, and their damnation is soon coming”.
1Timothy 6:3-9
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.  6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
It is time to wake up. Christ is coming soon. Let us be ready.

Feb 26, 2012, 10:36:35 AM2/26/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Beloved in the Lord,

There is one thing I know. If anything about the body of Christ disturbs you, do this. Instead of spending this much time trying
to figure it out all by yourself, why not just trust the word of God.  In any topic, tithes, doctrine or anything else. If you really want to know the truth, the Holy Spirit will reveal that to you. This is what Jesus said to the disciples. John 16:12-15 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He , the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you."

In my Christian walk, I have chosen not to criticize anyone, but to lean on the Holy Spirit. If it comes to giving and tithing ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you. He will. Anything regarding the body of Christ, He will reveal it to you. The one command the Lord gives us is to love one another and to love the Lord like ourselves.

Peace to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen

McDonald

Feb 26, 2012, 12:27:04 PM2/26/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
In response to Caroline, I understand what you are saying. I am now in the place where I trust the Word of God above all else and where I lean on the Holy Spirit for Truth. I truly love the Lord from so deep within. I am so hungry for God and His Word. I was "stuck" in a church that is in error in the Word and in deed. I believed the lies, the misinterpretations of the Word. I was (and am) reading the Word of God but perhaps I was too new to understand and know that I wasn't truly getting fed. What was being preached all seemed to line up with the Bible but the more I grew in the Word, the more I realized that it really wasn't.  If it wasn't for groups like this one I would still be at that church because I was being taught not to feel what I was feeling or think what I was thinking. Yes, the Holy Spirit was revealing the Truth to me.  All I needed was a nudge to tell me that I wasn't wrong in what I was thinking and feeling despite what the majority of the people were saying. This group was the nudge I needed. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God loves you!

Rob Seever

Feb 26, 2012, 8:00:51 PM2/26/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
WELL SAID. THANK YOU FOR THE REFRESHING WORD.

On 2/26/12, Caroline Mbi Ayuk <cmbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

>> evil spoken of. 3 <http://bible.cc/2_peter/2-3.htm> And through

>> covetousness shall they with pretentious (showy) words make merchandise
>> (exploit) of you: whose judgment now of a long time will not be delayed,

>> and their damnation is soon coming”. *
>> 1Timothy 6:3-9****
>> *3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound

>> instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are
>> conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in
>> controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife,
>> malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of
>> corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that
>> godliness is a means to financial gain. 6 But godliness with contentment

>> is great gain.*

>> It is time to wake up. Christ is coming soon. Let us be ready.

Michael Reynolds

Feb 26, 2012, 11:08:59 PM2/26/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Godliness with contentment Yes Jesus broke bread with those he loved and said do this in remembrance of me! All our needs are met in Jesus and we have no need for anyone to teach us but his anointing teaches us about all things. Even in rebuking the person is far more important than any doctrine. We must love like Jesus loved then we covet less praise and thank more. However we must allow the discomfort of the Love of Jesus to go where we would rather not. We all prefer easy love in the flesh but to be like Jesus we suffer long to change approaches methods and views for the right times and situations. His spirit leads formulas are temporary. The more we love on earth we lose much but in him is fullness of joy! Joy in sorrows while loving our enemies. Ouch it hurts but praise Jesus for all things and we get more of him! He is master we are his slaves!

Sent from my iPhone

Mzee Dingani (MJ)

Feb 27, 2012, 12:32:12 AM2/27/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Where are all these names(church/ministries) coming from? are they biblical?-

Caroline Mbi Ayuk

Feb 27, 2012, 3:13:25 AM2/27/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hey brother Michael,

Calvary greetings to you and all. Beloved in the Lord, Mike is right. Loving from Christ perspective is sometimes physically painful. However, when we die to ourselves and know that everyone alive on earth today is worth the blood of Jesus. Afterall Romans 5: 8 says "But, God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us." So while anyone you deemed your enemy is still a sinner, Christ has already died for them, and His love for them is no less. So let us grow in love, owing no man anything but love itself. This is the Christianity that turned the world upside down. It is tough, but when your desire begins to grow in love and in word you see that there is no way humuliate a humble person. There is nothing in for you, besides being a disciple of the King of kings. In all that you do, let it all be because of love. Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself". May the Kingdom of God invade our hearts so much that we see nothing else in people but the worth that the Lord created them to become.

Cynthia Akumu

Mar 9, 2012, 9:44:16 AM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.So when do we get to tame the flesh? by pushing ourselves to give tithe.

Money is not something that people give freely.Most times its given with a pinch trusting God will provide for more. thats why Jesus said it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

also, i believe that the amount given as tithe goes to advance the kingdom of God.
so? how much do you want the gospel to be preached< how much do you want the word of God to be spread? How much do you want other to know about Christ?

there people who are willing to go those extra miles and they can do so through your giving.

Kind regards,
Cynthia.

vi...@lavello.net

Mar 9, 2012, 10:17:46 AM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
It may have to be done as a discipline at times but that's sad - the model for the Church is all aspects of loving marriage! When I am in love - I can't give enough its thrilling! Whether that be roses to my wife or something to a stranger in the name if The Lord.
Yes sometimes we must take counter measures against the flesh when it flairs up but ultimately pray for the Holy Spirit Luke 11:13 and its fruit: Gal 5:22-23, Mark 12:28-32!

From: Cynthia Akumu <cynthi...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:44:16 +0300

Rebecca Brown

Mar 9, 2012, 12:09:24 PM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
While you speak of what you believe and why, there are some scriptural things that you have overlooked that are of utmost important in a walk with the Lord. Malachi chapter three has been referred to and is the scripture so often used in sermons on tithing. However if you look closely at the chapter you will find it was the word of the Lord that was given through Malachi to the people of Israel, who the Law of Moses had been given to. This law was to remain in effect until Jesus would come himself, fulfill it and finish it. But the children of Israel were breaking that law in many ways, including not giving the tithes that were required for the care of the Levites.
It was not until Jesus knew that 'all things were accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, and been given the vinegar, that he said "It is finished." What was finished? The work of salvation? YES! But also the fulfillment of the Law of Moses. According to the Law of Moses you had to be of the tribe of Judah to be a king, but of the tribe of Levi to be a high priest. Jesus was of the tribe of Judah, so according to the Law of Moses it would have been illegal for him to be our high priest (see Heb. 7:11-14) Jesus had to completely fulfill the Law, finish it and bring in a new and better way, in order to be our king and priest at the same time.
He had to finish the old and bring in the new.
Mt 5:18 -For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Has one tiny thing passed from the law? Yes! The law concerning sacrifices has changed for Jesus became the only sin sacrifice. We no longer sacrifice animal. Well if even one tiny part has changed, then all has been fulfilled. And if all has been fulfilled we no longer live by the Law of Moses. Tithing was a part of the Law of Moses and it's purpose was the support of a priesthood that no longer exists for us.
Heb 7:12 -For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
According to the New Covenant, we are required to give far more that %10, but to give ourselves totally to God as a living sacrifice, which means that all we are and all we have belongs to him, not a smaller percentage.
Ro 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Not one of the apostles of the New Covenant ever taught tithing. WHile Jesus was on earth He kept the Law of Moses until He would die and fulfill it completely, because it was still in effect and not to keep it would have been to sin.. He put those down who were tithing certain things that were good for show but not keeping the whole law, before he died. But once He said "It is finished" and ushered in a new and living way, not one of his deciples ever taught tithing. Instead this was then said.
2Co 9:7 - Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
If tithing were still a law and you did not give it, you would be sinning and breaking the law, so it definitely would be a necessity!
If you want to talk about disciplines, consider the discipline of practicing walking in the spirit. Ga 5:16 - This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Ga 5:25 -If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
To learn to walk in the Spirit of the living God and to let Him guide our lives moment by moment, rather than simply following written laws like that of tithing, can be a harder discipline by far. Learning that even giving a glass of cold water to a person in need, is the giving God sees and values.
No brothers, we are not under a law of tithing of %!0 percent any longer! Heb. 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
If you attempt to live by an old law that was to serve a purpose that has been finished and done away, you are trying to put old wine into new bottles and something is going to burst.
Are we still to give? Absolutely! As Christians our whole mindset should be that of unselfish love and giving. Give to the work of the Lord. Give to those who are in need. Let each man first provide for his own house and learn how to listen to the voice of God and let Him guide you in your giving.
1Ti 5:8 - But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
But whatever you do, do not justify what you do, by bringing in laws that Jesus fulfilled and finished. Practice walking in the Spirit. Is this frightening? TO think one might have to trust his own heart and the Spirit of God to guide him in his giving, rather than simply following an old law? Believe me, it is worth it!

Kevin Mitchell

Mar 9, 2012, 1:07:22 PM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Tithing is not scriptural for the New Testament Christian.The problem is too many Christians live in the Old Testament.Where is tithing in the epistles?If it is so important.U won't find it in Acts.Tithing is for those who don't know what the Word says.

Rebecca Brown

Mar 9, 2012, 2:37:26 PM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Kevin you might like my blog, which is actually a manuscript of over 200 pages; an indepth teaching on the fulfillment of the law and the truth about tithing. http://www.moneychangersinthetemple.blog...

Rebecca Brown

Mar 9, 2012, 2:38:46 PM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Kevin if you read 'Money Chnagers in the Temple, please scroll down the left hand side of the blog and begin with the first chapter. It is good to read it in order to get full benefit. Thanks.

Rebecca Brown

Mar 9, 2012, 2:39:13 PM3/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
oops! Money Changers in the Temple :)

David James

Mar 10, 2012, 2:02:52 PM3/10/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
 Some may believe that the amount given as tithe goes to advance the kingdom of God?

We are all called and should be equipped to share the gospel to everyone. We do not need to pay anyone to do our job, especially making them millionaires. We all have to give an account to God for our own works. We all have our own God-given unique ways of reaching others for Christ. That is how we advance the kingdom. Tithing and giving were established to help those in need.
Among all other scriptures on teachings of giving (Acts 4: 31-37; Hebrews 13:16; 1 Samuel 30; Luke 3: 7-14; Malachi 3:10), John the Baptist shared the heart of Christian living in his dialogue with the people:
John Preaches to the People
Luke 3: 7-14
7 Then he said to the multitudes that came out to be baptized by him, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 9 And even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.” 10 So the people asked him, saying, “What shall we do then?” 11 He answered and said to them, “He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise.” 12 Then tax collectors also came to be baptized, and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?” 13 And he said to them, “Collect no more than what is appointed for you.”14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”
(so much for capitalism, bullying, tyranny and dictatorship, etc?)

Rebecca Brown

Mar 10, 2012, 4:51:14 PM3/10/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
If we walk in the Spirit, He is able to lead us when to give, who to give to, and how to really help. When we give a set amount to the same place every time, as per obeying a law, we can miss out of such a life of faith in following the leading of our Lord.

Kevin Mitchell

Mar 12, 2012, 7:37:08 AM3/12/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Bravo Rebecca youv'e got it.Tithers will use every word under the Sun to prove their point.The Holy Spirt does not need a professional pulptieer  to tell u to give or how much.

Rebecca Brown

Mar 12, 2012, 12:41:56 PM3/12/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I Galations chapter 5, the writer is addressing the subject of law (the law of Moses or old covenant) as opposed to grace. He tells them (!) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. In verse 4 - Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. WOW those are strong words! Then in verses 7-9 he says "Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 9 A little leaven leaventh the whole lump. Leaven would be like yeast that when it is put into the batter causeth the whole thing to rise, not just one little spot, but it effects the whole thing. Here we are told that if we bring in one part of the old law it will spread and effect our whole mindset. And the truth is that if we do this, something will have to give, just as when you put new wine into old bottles the bottles end up breaking. Law and grace cannot be mixed. 2 Cor. 3:15-16 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it (the heart) shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, THERE IS LIBERTY. Liberty for what? Freedom to walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh!

Mike and Debra Copeland

Mar 12, 2012, 7:01:29 PM3/12/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Here's a short video we recently produced when you have time: http://www.higherpraisetube.com/video/Spirit-Led_Giving
saltandfire

TAWANDA MARUME

May 5, 2012, 6:25:42 AM5/5/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
how do you tell that your ministry or church is not following the rigth doctrine. if its false how do you deal with the issue of the tithe

Jun 9, 2012, 10:46:09 PM6/9/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com, Ndyebo Makeleni (NL)

Deuteronomy 26:11-13

New King James Version (NKJV)
11 So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who is among you.
12 “When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year—the year of tithing—and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled, 13 then you shall say before the Lord your God: ‘I have removed the holy tithe from my house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them.

From: Mzee Dingani (MJ) <Ding...@telkom.co.za>

Al Maoama

Jun 12, 2012, 1:42:42 AM6/12/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Im just wondering if those who are pro tithers keep the sabbath, kill adulterous christians, still take and eye for and eye ? Because you cannot separate the Law in the Old Covenant beacause you believe or follow Christ. You can not take 20 dollars to a priest for your sin offerings or 1000 dollars to any priest now because they do not have the authority to clean your  sins. Only Jesus Christ died for our sins, no one here qualifys.
Please do not let anybody lie to you that they are authorised to receive any money tithe or offering for Jesus because that is a lie. Read Deuteronomy 14:1-22 NKJ or AMP, NLT.

Read your bible and stop being spoon by money hungry coveting preachers.

You can not earn Gods provision or Love its called Grace,

He provides for his children for free not for sale to the highest giver or money manipulator.

vi...@lavello.net

Jun 12, 2012, 11:56:34 AM6/12/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
No of course not - the scepter departed from Judah when Shiloh came!
Gen 49:10
And Shiloh - Jesus; allows those without any sin (Him alone) to initiate judgment casting stones.
Oy vey

From: Al Maoama <alma...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:42:42 +1000

Don

Jul 1, 2012, 11:16:21 PM7/1/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com, Ndyebo Makeleni (NL)

 “So, when you do good to other people, don’t hire a trumpeter to go in front of you—like those play-actors in the synagogues and streets who make sure that men admire them. Believe me, they have had all the reward they are going to get! No, when you give to charity, don’t even let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be secret. Your Father who knows all secrets will reward you. Matt 6:2-4

  1. God assume's we give, in secret, without introspection or calculation.
  2. God knows our heart; there's nothing else to care about.
From 2 Cor. 9:7 - Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,not reluctantly or under compulsion,for God loves a cheerful giver.
  1. Go to God and inquire of Him. Decide in your heart what to give.
  2. Reluctance (dragged into giving) or compulsion (pushed into giving) are devilish.
  3. Cheer is the encouraged heart - a fruit of giving rightly.

H.Lorpu Smith

Jul 2, 2012, 10:28:56 AM7/2/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

I am very confused about this tithing issue. Must we still pay thithe? can some please help me understand, because I though we should be a free giver?

Thanks

Lorpu

Jul 2, 2012, 1:00:27 PM7/2/12
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Can't really add to what I've said. 2 Timothy 3:16,17 God bless, Don