Autocomplete links in Markdown format

Rasagy Sharma

Mar 16, 2021, 10:58:30 AM3/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to TW, and wanted to use Markdown while having the ability to autocomplete links while creating a tiddler using the markdown format: [text](link).

I couldn’t find any reference on how to do this, so after a few trial & error, this approach worked out for me. Sharing it here for others like me who might come to the forum looking for tips.

Issue: With the official Markdown plugin, I lost the ability to get autocomplete for links (CTRL+L no longer works, no link button in the toolbar).

Steps I followed:
Now when I create a new markdown tiddler, typing [[ shows the autocomplete popup, adds it in markdown style: [](#tiddler-link) and places my cursor at the alias position.

You can just copy paste my config from my TW-instance if you’re not familiar with editing json files, or try it out there (it’s hosted via Github Pages).

Cheers,
--
Rasagy

Mark S.

Mar 16, 2021, 11:12:36 AM3/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
Noted in the TiddlyWiki Toolmap under "Interfacing with, importing and exporting to and from other formats"