[students for staff] Update & Petition from 11/3

1 view

Virgil B/G Taylor

Nov 4, 2011, 4:39:02 AM11/4/11
to Lena Solow, Erin R O'Donnell, Claire A Dougherty, Morgan Hill, Christina Pham, Emma B Pattiz, Manon Lefevre, Erin L Newport, Lena Solow, Jillian Moreno, Howe Pearson, Nikolas Owens, Emma G Compton, Elsa Hardy, mica...@gmail.com, Zachary Kirwood, Coady R Johnson, Ryan G Katz, Eliana Theodorou, Aviva Markowitz, Daniel L Plafker, Ismael R Coleman, Nathan Mondschein, Morgan Ross, Andrew J Martin, Hope Campbell Gustafson, Gemma Doll-Grossman, Rachel L Weisberg, Miriam Berger, Rachel Levenson, Ariella B Axelbank, Evan L Weber, Anwar Batte, Zachary I Steinman, Zachary Malter, Alexander A Hirsch, Chloe E Holden, Sheryl Rivascabreja, Isabella M Banks, Marlen Delgado, Noor Tell, Samuel Tureff, Kevin Walters, Lennox Byer, Francesca Buzzi, Aaron Marcus, Adin S Vaewsorn, Jessica Witt, Janika A Oza, Alma N Sanchez-Eppler, Evita E Rodriguez, Andrew L Malkin, Ho-Jae Cha, Tae Kyung Kim, Jae-Whan Keum, Michaela F Miller, Abel A Sandoval, Sophia G Massey, Cesar A Chavez, Marjorie D Dodson, John Snyder, Andrew C Pezzullo, Mariama S Eversley, William J Curran-Groome, Isabelle A Gauthier, Jeff Goetz, Jeffrey D Berman, Ross M Levin, Polina L Mamut, Caleb Green, James M Kwon, Peter O Myers, Caitlin Palmer, Hailey M Sowden, Esi A Quagrainie, Maika K Nagata, Oluwaremilekun O Ojurongbe, Julia N Benedith, Jeremy Keim-Shenk, Michael B Migiel-Schwartz, Katherine Cohen, Abby Spector, Sarah Shachat, Chelsea A Goldsmith, Nathaniel Draper, Maxwell A Hellmann, Cathryn Herlihey, Julia Jonas-Day, Julia Michaels, Samuel Douglas, Elena P Rein, Natasha R Phillips, Haley Baron, Nathan Mackenzie, Julia Fram, Rhyan Toledo, Elizabeth Simon, Deborah Cho, Steven Le, Naadu Bentsi-Enchill, Noa Borkan, Kathlyn Pattillo, Emma L Leonard, Bennett T Sluis, Alexander A Nassikas, Alexander H Japko, Iman C Bright, Rishi Shah, mwa...@wesleyan.edu, stu...@tmercy.com, Elaine Chan, AhDream Smith, Cheryl Walker, Meggie McGuire, Leonid Liu, Oliver L James, Ana C Castro, Jodi D Almengor, Rebecca C Wilton, Sarah P Cassel, Katherine P Enright, Katlyn Krista Batuigas, Joyous Bey, Maria C Meara-Bainbridge, Shira Engel, Avital L Robbins, Noah Heau, students...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

A few of us met at 8p in SciLi lobby to discuss and finalize the list of demands, renamed "A Call for Action." Meeting notes are attached. The final demands, along with the language of the preamble/conclusion can be seen the petition (see it here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDNONlp4MEJ5X3RVc1BBanJJbUIzYlE6MQ and fill it out!) A smaller group which met afterward to edit the call for action tried its hardest include all of the high consensus points made during last nights meeting, and they hope that they included all voices. It is important to remember that this is just the beginning of a longer conversation with the administration, so this is not your last chance to be heard. A spanish language translation will be completed tomorrow (thank you translators!).

Tomorrow we will be meeting at 4pm in SciLi lobby to discuss the community meeting at 5pm in PAC001. We "emphatically request" that everyone attend who is able to! Both the English and Spanish editions will be read aloud at the community meeting.

Thanks again to everyone who helped discuss and write last night!

Love,

Virgil & Marj!
StudentsforStaffMeetingNotes113.doc

Paul Blasenheim

Nov 6, 2011, 5:33:45 PM11/6/11
to Virgil B/G Taylor, Lena Solow, Erin R O'Donnell, Claire A Dougherty, Morgan Hill, Christina Pham, Emma B Pattiz, Manon Lefevre, Erin L Newport, Lena Solow, Jillian Moreno, Howe Pearson, Nikolas Owens, Emma G Compton, Elsa Hardy, mica...@gmail.com, Zachary Kirwood, Coady R Johnson, Ryan G Katz, Eliana Theodorou, Aviva Markowitz, Daniel L Plafker, Ismael R Coleman, Nathan Mondschein, Morgan Ross, Andrew J Martin, Hope Campbell Gustafson, Gemma Doll-Grossman, Rachel L Weisberg, Miriam Berger, Rachel Levenson, Ariella B Axelbank, Evan L Weber, Anwar Batte, Zachary I Steinman, Zachary Malter, Alexander A Hirsch, Chloe E Holden, Sheryl Rivascabreja, Isabella M Banks, Marlen Delgado, Noor Tell, Samuel Tureff, Kevin Walters, Lennox Byer, Francesca Buzzi, Aaron Marcus, Adin S Vaewsorn, Jessica Witt, Janika A Oza, Alma N Sanchez-Eppler, Evita E Rodriguez, Andrew L Malkin, Ho-Jae Cha, Tae Kyung Kim, Jae-Whan Keum, Michaela F Miller, Abel A Sandoval, Sophia G Massey, Cesar A Chavez, Marjorie D Dodson, John Snyder, Andrew C Pezzullo, Mariama S Eversley, William J Curran-Groome, Isabelle A Gauthier, Jeff Goetz, Jeffrey D Berman, Ross M Levin, Polina L Mamut, Caleb Green, James M Kwon, Peter O Myers, Caitlin Palmer, Hailey M Sowden, Esi A Quagrainie, Maika K Nagata, Oluwaremilekun O Ojurongbe, Julia N Benedith, Jeremy Keim-Shenk, Michael B Migiel-Schwartz, Katherine Cohen, Abby Spector, Sarah Shachat, Chelsea A Goldsmith, Nathaniel Draper, Maxwell A Hellmann, Cathryn Herlihey, Julia Jonas-Day, Julia Michaels, Samuel Douglas, Elena P Rein, Natasha R Phillips, Haley Baron, Nathan Mackenzie, Julia Fram, Rhyan Toledo, Elizabeth Simon, Deborah Cho, Steven Le, Naadu Bentsi-Enchill, Noa Borkan, Kathlyn Pattillo, Emma L Leonard, Bennett T Sluis, Alexander A Nassikas, Alexander H Japko, Iman C Bright, Rishi Shah, mwa...@wesleyan.edu, stu...@tmercy.com, Elaine Chan, AhDream Smith, Cheryl Walker, Meggie McGuire, Leonid Liu, Oliver L James, Ana C Castro, Jodi D Almengor, Rebecca C Wilton, Sarah P Cassel, Katherine P Enright, Katlyn Krista Batuigas, Joyous Bey, Maria C Meara-Bainbridge, Shira Engel, Avital L Robbins, Noah Heau, students...@googlegroups.com
COME TO THE WSA MEETING TONIGHT!! 7PM, USDAN 108

All, after the meeting on Friday, some of us agreed to head to the WSA meeting tonight, to see if there is anything we can do in terms of the WSA, our petition, and this movement in general.  Not sure how many are planning to come, but if you have time please come out!

"Our aim is not to conquer our opponents.  We want to win over our adversaries so that they become our allies."
-Henry Spira