Front page alteration

Claire Blomfield

May 23, 2023, 8:10:29 PM5/23/23
to Spike@School Support
Hi
The beep absence notification system we were using at Woodstock School has been discontinued.
There is a button with a link on the front page of our website that says "beep app"
Could this button be removed from the front page, as we don't (as far as I know) have access to that design areas.
Kind regards
Claire Blomfield
Woodstock School

Brendon Muir

May 23, 2023, 8:13:39 PM5/23/23
to spikea...@googlegroups.com, Natalie Wilson
Hi Claire, thanks for getting in touch :)

We've made those buttons editable by you via the Construction Zone. If you look in your Home folder (once logged in) you'll see an item there called Quick Links. It's got a cross next to it so it doesn't show up on the indexbar. Click on the name 'Quick Links' then in there you can delete that particular link. You can also add others here in the future and they'll show up.

You'll also want to delete the Beep App page under Home > Information.

In addition to this, I'd suggest you add an Absences Notification form to your website using our Forms tool. It provides another avenue for parents to submit an absence directly from the website.

I've copied Natalie in on this email. She'll touch base with you to run you through how to do this. You could even add a quick link that points to the form from the homepage :)

Have a great week! :D

Brendon Muir
Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204

PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

Claire Blomfield

May 23, 2023, 8:36:35 PM5/23/23
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Thanks for the tips.  I had a quick look around but didn't immediately see where to go and didn't want to muck anything up!
I might wait until I have heard back from Natalie and turn our current beep app button and download page into a absence form at the same time.
Thanks again

Claire Blomfield
Teacher | Woodstock School
21 Woodstock Road Hamilton | ph 07 855 6686
E cla...@woodstock.school.nz | W www.woodstock.school.nz

Brendon Muir