SpatiaLite 5.1 roadmap

Pac

Mar 22, 2021, 3:05:22 AM3/22/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi Sandro,

Recently I saw you started developing a new version supporting GEOS 3.9.1.
Do you have a roadmap or planned features list to share?

Thanks in advance,
Paco.

a.fu...@lqt.it

Mar 22, 2021, 4:41:10 AM3/22/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 00:05:22 -0700 (PDT), Pac wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> Recently I saw you started developing a new version supporting GEOS
> 3.9.1.
> Do you have a roadmap or planned features list to share?

Hi Pac,

the current roadmap is still the same already published here:
https://groups.google.com/g/spatialite-users/c/qQQTCsYmgFc

just few more details about the current state of the art:

1. librasterlite2 is now almost complete and it just
requires few final bug fixes and API harmonizations.

2. I'm currently working in a full refactoring of
WmsLite, that will become a rather complete WMS
server fully integrated with both RasterLite2
and SpatiaLite.

3. during this final development steps some small
changes affecting SpatiaLite had become necessary.

4. for the sake of clarity I've decided to change
all version numbers so to make absolutely clear
what will be the minimum required releases for
fully supporting NEXTGEN in its final state:
- libspatialite-5.1.0
- librasterlite2-2.0.0
- spatialite_gui-3.0.0

the development work is still going on at full
speed and many unexpected drawbacks are emerging
as it was easily expected, but we are now very
very close to the final goal.

bye Sandro