2 top methods training events: KOMEX (2-10 March) and Summer School (19-30 June)

MethodsNET Academic Coordinators

Dec 22, 2022, 9:36:38 AM12/22/22
to Sir, dear Madam

Dear Sir, dear Madam, Association des Sociologues de l'Enseignement Supérieur (ASES)Contact person

Please find below information on 2 top upcoming training events:

  • The Konstanz Methods Excellence Workshops (KOMEX), organized by the University of Konstanz (Germany) in collaboration with MethodsNET, 2 – 10 March 2023
  • The 2nd edition of our flagship event, the Summer School in Social Research Methods (SSSRM), held in Nijmegen (The Netherlands), 19 – 30 June 2023

Thank you for circulating this info to your members as you see best. We’ll be back in touch in Mid January when then SSSRM 2023 website goes ‘live’ and, in the meantime, please receive our season’s greetings.

Best regards,

Derek Beach, Levi Littvay, Benoît Rihoux and Cai Wilkinson,

MethodsNET Academic Coordinators

Click here to be kept informed

The 2023 Konstanz Methods Excellence Workshops (KOMEX), organized by the University of Konstanz (Germany) in collaboration with MethodsNET and taking place from 2 to 10 March 2023, offer high-quality, pluralistic methodological training to PhD students. The event follows a strict not-for-profit logic based on three pillars: Excellence, Inclusiveness, and Sustainability.

The program comprises a total of 9 specialized, interactive courses:

  • 1 pre-session online short course (2 – 3 March): A Basic Introduction to R for Beginners; Akos Mate)
  • 4 in-person courses (6 – 10 March):
    • Comparative Case Study Design (Eva Thomann)
    • Mathematics for Political Science (Jan Vogler)
    • Applied Data Management for Social Scientists (Eda Keremoglu & Anna-Lena Hönig)
    • Crowd-Sourced Text Analysis (Alex Horn & Martin Haselmayer)
  • 4 ‘ekomex’ online courses (6 – 10 March):
    • Introduction to Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) (Ioana-Elena Oana & Carsten Q. Schneider)
    • Introduction to Causal Process Tracing (Derek Beach)
    • Introduction to Interpretive Research (Mathilde Cecchini)
    • Survey Design (Levente Littvay)

All information available here. Note the particularly accessible tuition fees. Course seats are quickly filling up, first come, first served. NB: early bird discount until 4 weeks before each respective course.

World-class methods courses – and so much more

Our 2nd Summer School in Social Research Methods will be hosted again at Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, from 19 to 30 June 2023. The course list is now online! It comprises:

  • 2 pre-week 1 online software courses (12-16 June)
  • 38 in-person PhD-level interactive courses spanning the full range of social scientific methods, taught by top pedagogues and enabling multiple useful week 1 – week 2 sequences:
    • 4 Foundational courses
    • 8 Interpretive/Qualitative Approaches courses
    • 7 Case-based/Comparative Approaches courses (5 one-week courses and 2 two-week courses)
    • 12 Statistical Approaches courses
    • 7 Big Data courses
  • + 3 free Supplemental Short courses
  • + 2 free Morning Cross-cutting Short courses

More on our web pages, including instructors’ list and dates for each course… and much more in Mid January when the event web site goes ‘live’ and registrations are launched.

If you haven’t yet done so: join our low-traffic e-mailing list and you’ll be kept informed. In complement, you may also want to fill in the Radboud Summer School (our local host infrastructure) contact sheet and you’ll be informed on their end as well.

Subscribe (and hit the bell icon) on our Youtube channel, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn, like us on Facebook

Copyright © 2022 Methodsnet, All rights reserved.

Methods Excellence Network (MethodsNET) is registered as a not-for-profit association (Asbl) under the jurisdiction of the Tribunal de l’entreprise du Brabant Wallon (Belgium). BCE/VAT nr.: BE 0773.728.517

Our mailing address is:
in...@methodsnet.org

Unsubscribe from this list