Weekend Update & Fwd: Weekly Events for April 25- May 1, 2022

President - DCEF

Apr 25, 2022, 4:35:26 PM4/25/22
Hi All,

Weekend Update:  The Balloon Fiesta Park has a Terrain Obstacle Race this week which effectively kicks us out for most of the days.  BFP Schedule for this week:  Mon: OPEN, Tues-Thurs: D6 CLOSED, Fri-Sat: entire park CLOSED, Sun: OPEN

BFP Weekly Forecast:  Weather Underground 10 Day

Daily Reminders:  Don't forget to visibly hang your Gate Card from your rearview mirror while you are at the Park.  Check the 2 new Runway Barriers/Signs for right lane position to block each end of the Runway.  Do respect the Balloonists if they are up and give them full airspace.  Watch for and avoid other park users.  Refrain from flying in the airspace above them.  Remember that the airspace over the Golf Training Center (Driving Range) is a NO FLY ZONE.  Clean up your Area or Crash Site when you're finished, as well as all broken prop blades.  If you see a broken prop, even if it is not yours, please pick it up and throw it away.  Thanks.

Flight Awareness:  Stand 25' back from the Runway to allow for a Safety Margin and so all Pilots have a clear visual perspective.  All turns from the Runway shall be away from the Pits.  (Always fly to the west of the Runway over D6)  The prevailing wind directs the Flight Pattern.  (North Wind effects a Left Pattern and South Wind effects a Right Pattern at BFP)  Call out Take-Offs, Landings, and any Maneuvers that could affect another Flyer.  Use common sense if performing an unusual Flight Plan or Maneuver.  Communicate with others if flying large or fast aircraft.  Try to stay north of Key Grab (E/W road) so as not to interfere with the gliders.  Unless everyone agrees otherwise, Micros may NOT be flown in or from the pits while others are using the Runway.  Micros may use the D7 grass to the north or south of the North Blue Awning when the Runway is occupied.  Refer to Protocol.

Cheers,

Greg Rullman
President
Duke City Electric Flyers

Note of the Week:  Sorry, I don't have a hint for you this time around.  My mind has been elsewhere lately.  I'll just let you all know that my knee surgery went quite well.  I have upcoming appointments with the VA and PT that I'm looking forward to.  I've been doing everything they have told me, and more, to rehabilitate safely and quickly.  Walking, but slow.  I hope to be out at the field soon with plane in hand.  Can't wait to get out with the dogs.

   Now, if I can just get Denise to remove this chain so I can get some sunshine!  :)

To unsubscribe, please reply to this newsletter with UNSUBSCRIBE in the Subject Box…  Thanks!  g

Apr 25, 2022, 7:11:20 PM4/25/22
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Sending Get Well Soon vibes your way, Greg!

DONALDK21

May 11, 2022, 9:14:36 PM5/11/22
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Rocky
Is ABQ balloon park available this week?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2022, at 5:11 PM, Rocky Stone <rock...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

image001.png
SUSAN RICE
recreation facility and program operations manager

Rocky Stone

May 11, 2022, 11:39:59 PM5/11/22
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I think it's open to flying every weekday morning until noon.  Looks like it may be closed to flying on Saturday morning.