"Create PR" doesn't list branches from the 3rd remote repo

Infinite Persistence

Oct 12, 2021, 5:06:15 AMOct 12
to SmartGit
I have a workspace with 3 remotes:
  • Base
  • A private clone of Base
  • A public fork of base
When I create a PR, I can list the branches from the first 2 repos when selecting the target branch, but I don't see anything from the 3rd remote repo.

Aside:  due to the super long list of branches, trying to find the desired branch from a drop-down is a pain.  Need ability to search.

syntevo Support

Oct 13, 2021, 3:05:23 AMOct 13
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> When I create a PR, I can list the branches from the first 2 repos when
> selecting the target branch, but I don't see anything from the 3rd remote
> repo.

Please try to re-setup OAuth and be sure to grant access to all organization repositories:

<https://docs.syntevo.com/SmartGit/Latest/GitHub-integration.html#re-setup-oauth>

Also have a look at:

<https://docs.syntevo.com/SmartGit/Latest/GitHub-integration.html#private-repositories-do-not-show-up403-when-trying-to-access-an-organization-repository>

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

10/12/2021 11:14 - Infinite Persistence wrote:

> I have a workspace with 3 remotes:
>
> - Base
> - A private clone of Base
> - A public fork of base
>
> When I create a PR, I can list the branches from the first 2 repos when
> selecting the target branch, but I don't see anything from the 3rd remote
> repo.
>
> Aside: due to the super long list of branches, trying to find the desired
> branch from a drop-down is a pain. Need ability to search.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/e0616d50-79ab-45e8-91c0-0e1acd110db7n%40googlegroups.com.

Infinite Persistence

Oct 13, 2021, 4:01:55 AMOct 13
to smar...@googlegroups.com
I went through the steps again, but didn't work.  If I can see the PRs from the 3rd repo, is it safe to say that I've got the authentication correct?  I can see the PRs, just not the branches in the "Create PR" tab.  If the assumption is not correct, I'll look into the documentation one more time to see if I missed any steps.

Side issue: in the [Commit] tab, the "open" link that usually appears (e.g. "Signed Commit 54c0511b (open)") always points to the first repo, despite the commit only existing in the third repo.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SmartGit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/61668531.1c69fb81.d7ad.f350SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN%40gmr-mx.google.com.

syntevo Support

Oct 13, 2021, 6:00:25 AMOct 13
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> I went through the steps again, but didn't work. If I can see the PRs from
> the 3rd repo, is it safe to say that I've got the authentication correct?

Yes, authentication should be correct.

The selection/filtering of which targets will show up is quite tricky. Can you please set up test repositories for which this problem is reproducible? Then contact us at smar...@syntevo.com with the details?

> Side issue: in the [Commit] tab, the "open" link that usually appears (e.g.
> "Signed Commit 54c0511b (open)") always points to the first repo, despite
> the commit only existing in the third repo.

That's expected. SmartGit simply composes a link for the selected commit, without checking from which remotes this commit is actually reachable. We have this as improvement on our list (SG-13066).

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz