Having JAVA_HOME set doesn't seem to work

Chris Murphy

Jun 6, 2021, 1:20:31 PMJun 6
to SmartGit
[chris@chris-latitudee7470 bin]$ ./smartgit.sh
Error: No Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 11 or higher found
[chris@chris-latitudee7470 bin]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime
[chris@chris-latitudee7470 bin]$ /usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime/bin/java -version
openjdk version "15.0.2" 2021-01-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 15.0.2+7)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 15.0.2+7, mixed mode)

syntevo Support

Jun 6, 2021, 1:29:01 PMJun 6
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Are you sure to use the SmartGit tar.gz bundle from our website:

https://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/download/

or

https://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/preview/

? These contain a bundled Java version. Is your machine a normal 64-bit x86 machine? What is the output of

$ uname -m

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/f4576167-921f-4477-a928-d5aae231e39cn%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Murphy

Jun 7, 2021, 7:57:19 PMJun 7
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I put debugging inside the bash script. That's how I discovered you use your own version of Java. I had copied across from another machine and the permissions didn't make it. So your version of `java` was not executable. I guess an enhancement would be to check that the script has execute permission. Might even help if the message had the word 'bundled' in it.

thanks ~ Chris Murphy