Memory Card Low Level Formatting.

Mohit Aphale

Oct 6, 2016, 11:56:22 AM10/6/16
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I accidentally formatted my Memory card in LOW LEVEL FORMAT.
I tried few of the recovery tools but nothing got recovered.

I even made an image of the card and used FTK to recover the data but again nothing was found.

Is there anyway i can recover data?

It was formatted on Canon Camera by mistake. :(

Thanks
Mohit Aphale.

Manas Deep

Oct 7, 2016, 1:16:14 AM10/7/16
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohit,

Some thoughts shared here also:

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:18 AM, Manas Deep <manas...@gmail.com> wrote:
HI Mohit,

IMO Low Level format leaves you little to nothing options for data recovery as it does zero filling of data. Still, you can give a shot at professional data recovery centers.

Before that, you may try various recovery software such as Restoration and File scavenger.

To prevent it from happening next time, i believe the better option is to try automatically saving/uploading your photos immediately in Picasa or cloud once clicking them. I'm not sure, but guess modern cameras' might offer such cloud storage feature in their camera settings.

--
Our Infosec Network

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SecurityXploded" group.

Manas Deep

Pavan Vadrevu

Oct 8, 2016, 11:38:28 AM10/8/16
to securit...@googlegroups.com
did you tried professional easeus  data recovery