Planning meeting August 4, 2011

3 vues

Kennedy, Deborah

non lue,
4 août 2011, 15:59:1904/08/2011
à seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I’ve been called to a meeting in our department director’s office this afternoon and am not going to be able to attend the meeting. I’ve attached the agenda and have asked Patty McNamee to facilitate. I look forward to hearing how our plans are progressing.

Deb

Deborah Kennedy

County Archivist

1215 East Fir Street

RED-ES-0100

Seattle, WA 98122

206-205-1396

www.kingcounty.gov/archives

"Archivists have a first, second and third life: we preserve for the past, provide access in the present, and select for the future." Robin Chandler

Agenda 08042011.docx

Kerssen, Julie

non lue,
5 août 2011, 13:22:2105/08/2011
à seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Hi all –

We’re getting ready to start work on the booklet, and are looking for some feedback from the group about how wide a geographical range we’d like to include.  At the narrowest, we could call this a King County project and only include repositories within the county.  At the widest, we could include Island, Jefferson, Kitsap, Kittitas, Pierce, Snohomish, and Thurston.  Or we could go with something in the middle (King-Snohomish-Pierce?).  What does everyone think?

Julie Kerssen

Archivist

Seattle Municipal Archives

Legislative Department - Office of the City Clerk

600 Fourth Avenue, Floor 3

PO Box 94728

Seattle, WA 98124-4728

206-684-0964

Emily Dominick

non lue,
5 août 2011, 13:36:0905/08/2011
à seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
I think that we could probably go with only King County or the middle ground (to also include Snohomish and Pierce counties). We could make exceptions if there are certain repositories that have been active in the Seattle Area Archivists or who have participated in Archives Fair previously.

I am not opposed to casting the wider net--I know that when the Puget Sound Special Collections Interest Group met last year, those present were from far-flung areas-- though probably mostly within the Snohomish-Pierce-King region. Jodee Fenton would probably have a better idea of those who attended that meeting.

Thanks,
Emily

Emily Hughes Dominick
Associate Archivist
Providence Archives, Seattle
image003.jpg

Kennedy, Deborah

non lue,
5 août 2011, 13:38:5105/08/2011
à seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

I would go for King, Pierce and Snohomish. Especially since we asked for money from WSRAB which has a statewide focus.

Deb

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer