as initially proposed during the 2nd European Conference on Scientific Diving at the Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Infrastructure - Kristineberg, May 2016, the open access "European Scientific Diving mailing list" was made available.
Over the years the group has been extended to colleagues from all over the world, so the list has lost its "European" connotation, becoming a wider "Scientific Diving List".
The purpose of this Scientific Diving mailing List is to provide a forum for discussions and announcements pertaining to scientific diving, including research and education. The list is primarily for use by scientific diving researchers, scientists, and educators, but is of course open to everybody. Adopted language is English.
The list is moderated on a voluntary basis and for the sole purpose of avoiding the distribution of inappropriate or repetitive messages. We apologize for any delays in distributing messages.
Please, note that the European Scientific Diving Panel (ESDP) don't moderate or directly manage directly this mailing list and therefore ESDP don't take any responsibility on the content of the distributed mails. Appropriate Scientific Diving-related subjects for discussion might include (but is not limited to):
- underwater methodologies and approaches in any scientific fields (e.g., biology, geology, archaeology, engineering, veterinary, medicine)
- innovation & technologies in scientific diving
- networking and training opportunities for scientific divers
- advertising of national and international meetings concerning scientific diving and related topics
Messages with solicitations of a commercial or political nature, inflammatory commentary and other messages not appropriate for SD-List venue will not be approved for posting; these are messages categorized as follows:
- the pursuit of private commercial business activities or profit-making ventures
- matters directed toward the success or failure of a political party,candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group
- prohibited direct or indirect lobbying
- engaging in prohibited discriminatory conduct
- the obtaining or viewing of sexually explicit material
- any violation of statute or regulation.
Crowd-funding. We require that any posting of a crowd-funding project contain a statement that says the entity or person making the post will not report a profit from the project. We ask that you limit yourself to at most two announcements of your funding drive, one at the beginning and one near the end.
Profanity prohibited. SD-List has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of profanity in messages sent to our subscribers. Violators of this policy may face consequences ranging from message rejection to the termination of your SD-List subscription, according to moderator discretion, and without possibility of appeal. Please make every effort to choose your words carefully and respectfully.
Please Do Not Post Job Requests and Resumes. As you will see, SD-List frequently has new employment positions posted. If you try to post a job request or a resume, it will only get deleted.