Greg Ellis

Jan 13, 2017, 3:39:06 PM1/13/17
to National School Garden Network
Howdy!
I'm looking for any training resources/materials/protocols to make sure our garden coordinators and their students are using tools safely.  We've had some increased requirements from our insurance company lately, and while we've always had safety trainings before doing garden work, we haven't formalized them in writing.  Let me know if you are aware of any existing trainings!
Many thanks,
Greg

Nio Kindla

Jan 13, 2017, 5:52:47 PM1/13/17
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hereʻs an overview of of basic work group and tool safety we use for training our garden coordinators.  Hope this is helpful in some way.
I can share a presentation we are preparing for a garden and food safety workshop we are hosting this Saturday, once it is ready to share.

nio
photo

Nio Kindla
808-280-5308

http://GrowSomeGood.org
N...@GrowSomeGood.org

---

ToolSafetyandWorkGroupManagement.docx

Britt Patterson-Weber

Jan 23, 2017, 11:03:46 AM1/23/17
to National School Garden Network, n...@growsomegood.org
Nio -- would you be able to share the garden/food safety presentation you mentioned?

Thank you!
Britt

Britt Patterson-Weber

Youth Programs Manager