Meryel Harris - Get me Taybrim

Arys Trovek

Jul 5, 2022, 5:32:33 AM7/5/22
to Starbase118
((SS Belladonna - Operations))

Meryel wasn't sure if Terra Prime really believed that their plan would be fruitful - or rather, she wondered if Naystrim believed that the instructions they were following would result in the destruction of Betazed. The woman must know how unlikely it was. With a five-day journey ahead of them, it was almost a definite that the bomb would be discovered well before they reached their destination.
The human perked up as the comms throughout the ship came to life, and a jovial voice of called for attention.
Leski: =/\= This is Captain Leski speaking, please listen carefully to this announcement. ::pause:: We've discovered a technical issue here on the Belladonna, and while our Engineers are working to fix it, we do want to make sure that you are not delayed in your travels. Because of that, we have decided to evacuate. =/\=
Meryel's chest swelled with pride and she glanced at Toma, who lay on the floor, unconscious and restrained. Had the man had his way, the escape pods would be long ejected, but thanks to her intervention, the Belladonna's passengers would get off the ship and to safety.
She had won. They would have been so proud of her.
Leski: =/\= Luckily our friends from Starfleet will assist. Please move to your designated evacuation areas, from where you will be beamed onto the USS Narendra. =/\=
The USS Narendra. Taybrims ship.
Wasn't it surprising how he had sat in his comfy office when he was needed, but now that his beloved Betazed was in danger, he immediately showed up?!
Meryel felt the familiar rage and anguish build within her, the enormous guilt not far behind, pouring out from some black hole somewhere deep in her soul.
Leski: =/\= Thank you for cooperating. =/\=
From the depths of Meyel's usually submerged emotions, fury rose. Her body tensed, her jaw set, and her hands drew into fists. She visualized the remnants of the Narendra scattered across the expanse of space, a pleasing image, something that gave her comfort.
And yet she knew that the people aboard the Narendra were only following orders. Taybrim's orders.
She wasn't sure how much time had passed when she snapped out of her rage - it wouldn't serve her right now. Taybrim still deserved to be held accountable.
Harris: =/\= Ops to Captain Leski. =/\=
Leski's voice was less jovial as he took the call - evidently, the easy-going nature had been an act to keep his passengers calm.
Leski: =/\= Leski here. =/\=
Meryel's fingers were sprinting back and forth over the console as she spoke.
Harris: =/\= I've taken control of your escape pods and unless you send Taybrim here, I will release them. =/\=
Which, at warp 3,1 and while close to the Narendra, would be a disaster.
Leski: =/\= W-... what? You are you? =/\=
Harris: =/\= That's none of your business. Get me Taybrim. =/\=
TBC

Meryel Harris
Terra Prime
J239809TA4