Lt. Robin Hopper: Ketching Up

Robin Hopper

Mar 27, 2023, 3:31:04 AM3/27/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((Food Court - Grand Mezzanine - Amity Outpost))

Robin walked up the stairs of the Mezzanine to the second level, where the ‘food court’ overlooked the plaza and Janaran fountain below. She was wearing her Starfleet Academy Science sweater and a pair of athletic shorts – and was carrying a duffel bag with her uniform and a towel stuffed inside – after another post-work volleyball match.

She looked around, searching in the crowd for the most conspicuous man on Amity Outpost – her blond-haired Klingon friend.

Wong: Hey! Over here!

Catching sight of Ikaia, she made her way through the sea of tables and diners, trying her best to avoid bumping any of them with her gym bag. As she reached his table, she plunked her bag down at her feet and gave him a broad friendly smile and a little wave.

Hopper: Hiya Ikaia!  ::Giving him a quick sitting/standing hug, before taking her own seat::  Oof…  God, I am so hungry.

Wong: ::Indicating one of the plates:: I hope you didn’t mind that I ordered us some ketchup and fries.

She eyed the snacks with blissful relief.

Hopper: Thank you!  ::Taking a fry, dipping it, eating it::  Mmm. I really worked up an appetite today. I’ve got a little amateur volleyball league going in the SRC now and, when we started, I was really the only one who was any good – now I’m getting totally outpaced…

She took a handful of fries, adding them to a plate which she grabbed from the center of the table and poured a little white vinegar on them.

Hopper: ::Smirking knowingly::  Sorry, I’m being a real hog aren’t I? I should’ve said “It’s really good to see you.”

She didn’t let that stop her from continuing to devour the snacks. That’s what they were there for!

Wong: Aaaanyways…. It’s good to have you back! Glad to be back in blue?

Hopper: ::Tilting her head back and forth::  Well, I do think blue’s more my color anyways. You too –  ::indicating her face::  we’re both sort of summers, you know what I mean?

She dipped another fry, held it up – but paused.

Hopper: But, uhh… You know, I was starting to get used to the crimson – and sitting second seat was thrilling.  ::Finally eating her fry::

Wong: And how did that go over?

Hopper: What? Serving as an Acting First Officer? I mean, it was great, I think. I guess I’ll know what everyone else thought when the reports are submitted…

Wong: And what about Ukinix? I know you had him with you. ::A goofy smile:: He didn’t try to prank you, did he?

She rolled her eyes.

Hopper: I didn’t know they made Commanders that goofy…  ::Chuckling::  I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I’m glad he chose me. I thought we worked well together, and under all his humour and that silly accent, I get the impression he really gets it, you know?  ::Sighing::  He did prank me though…

Wong: Response

She wiped her vinegar-fingers off on a napkin and gave him a playful whack across the table.

Hopper: I seem to recall you getting into your fair share of shenanigans at the Academy.    ::Grinning::  Those rainbow pancakes…  ::Getting serious again::  You’ve known the Commander a long time, right? You two served together on the Veritas?

Wong: Response

Hopper: I’ve never quite been sure what he thinks of me.  ::Shaking her head lightly::  I guess part of that is that I met him as two different people… That was weird. I was thinking of taking him to lunch or something, trying to figure out where we stand… What do you think?

Wong: Response

Hopper: ::Sigh::  I’ll think on that.  ::Smile::  Thank you.  ::Eating another fry::  So, Mr. Chief Medical Officer, how was the Kitty Hawk? Back under your old boss, Rahman… Was she so mad?

Robin smirked gleefully.

Wong: Response

TBC

==