Lieutenant JG Ikaia Wong - Prankster's Paradise

Ka Banning

Jun 25, 2021, 4:21:16 PM6/25/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Conference Room B-4 - Deck 4 - USS Veritas))

Wong: I kinda did something a little like that a few months back using a blank card exploit. Totally couldn’t finish the exploit which would have covered my tracks and was caught by Blake and C’lem Phan’ta’go. I had to dematerialize sooo many plush tribbles. One by one.

Ariadust: Ah.. .. ::Okay, that's a new one on Ceciri too. ::

Wong: Then I tried coming up with a plush tribble hologram. Buuut I only got to use that to annoy some Klingon invaders and it’s STILL glitchy. There’s some issues with them getting caught on geometry and completely wigging out.

Ariadust: This seems.. like a trend. Why so much effort?

Wong: I’ve been trying to prank Captain Rahman and Commander Blake for a long time now. ::Sheepishly:: When I heard about the whole marshmallow thing on the USS Grand Marais, it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Ariadust: It's definitely a good mental image. But why now?

Wong: Let’s just say I’m trying to do this before I get a solid pip. Think of it like a last hurrah.

Ariadust: :: Ceciri nodded, thinking of that time before she made upper command:: That's.. yeah, I can understand that. But what about using the replicators?

Wong: Oh. Programming replicators? Now THAT’S something I can do. I know my way around code and I can get them to do some really wild stuff. I think there’s still a few at the Academy that will spit out soft rainbow pancakes with every order that I’ve messed with. Ask for a glass of water, you get water AND a pancake. It was fun! But the faculty didn’t find it as amusing as I did. I was just lucky I was never caught for it. But circling back on some of those ideas you mentioned earlier, they sound AMAZING.

Ariadust: I played a few of them when I served on a merchant ship. ::wistfully:: Haven't really had a reason to lately. Too busy. Anyway, have you thought about something subtle? Like say holographic pets? They're easier to code, can seriously limit them, and have them only appear every now and then.

Wong: I can do holograms. But they’re REALLY limited on where we can place one, though. We can only do them wherever there are emitters. That said, I remember programming one of my earliest AIs as a cat. Cabbage Cat is what I called her. Part cabbage and part cat. ::Drumming his chin:: But that one might be a bit too trippy for the higher ups.

Ariadust: I was actually thinking you should look up marshmellow dishes every now and then to certain replicators, too, but you beat me to it.

Ikaia stopped in thought. More ideas crossed his mind.

Wong: I can set up maybe one of those marshmallow salads to pop up maybe like hmm…. Maybe give it about a 30 to 40 percent chance of happening. Often enough where it’s noticeable but not like every time and in such a way that it will be difficult to replicate the results of that in front of an engineer reliably.

Ariadust: Response.

Wong: But I had another idea!

Ariadust: Response.

Wong: What if… I programmed the replicators to say something like “A please would be nice every so often” or “What’s the magic word?” or something about well… maybe a 1 in 20 chance of that happening? You know… just to see if we can get the higher ups to say “please” to a replicator?

Ariadust: Response.

Lieutenant JG Ikaia Wong

Physician Assistant

USS Veritas