Lieutenant Pek'al Grurg - I know what ne did last assignment

Wil Ukinix

Apr 30, 2022, 8:22:13 PM4/30/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Security Complex, Deck 28, USS Kitty Hawk))

Grurg: =/\= There is a security issue based on a report that I have just read.  I strongly suggest you beam over to our Transporter Room 2, immediately. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= I mean, I can certainly set aside my work if my presence is ::extra emphasis:: required, but you might be better off contacting a Security Officer…?=/\=

Grurg: =/\= ::Audible calming yet annoyed sigh:: No, it is not compulsory, Lieutenant.  Now, I am unauthorized to give you legal advice.  However if you have any shred of *honour*, I strongly recommend you make yourself available in Transporter Room 2.  The decision is yours, *Lieutenant*. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Alright. Uhh, understood. I will make my way to a transporter, then. Umm, should I… bring… anything with me? =/\=

Grurg: =/\= ::Annoyed tone:: No! Transporter room two!  I will be expecting you! =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Acknowledged. Uhh, I’ll be there momentarily, then! =/\=

The Lieutenant sounded nervous.  As they should be.

((Ten Minutes Later – USS Kitty Hawk, Transporter Room 2))

Pek’al was flanked by two armed security officers when the science officer from Amity materialised onto the transporter pad.  On her left was a human female security officer, and on her right was a male Betazoid security officer, complete with piercing black eyes.

Kivik: ::Voice squeaking slightly:: Lieutenant Junior Grade Kivik, reporting as requested.

Pek’al momentarily flared her nostrils and quietly growled, before taking a step forward to judgementally observe the J’naii officer.  For a moment, she just held her stare.

Grurg: You will accompany us to Deck 7.  ::Gesturing with head:: Follow the officers to the turbolift, I will be behind you.  Do not try anything with us.

The two security officers made their way out of the transporter room.  Pek’al watched as Lieutenant Kivik followed them into the corridor.

Kivik: Am… Am I in some sort of trouble, Lieutenant?

Grurg: That is yet to be determined.  For now I would recommend that you maintain your silence.

((Deck 7, outside crew quarters 07-3165))

A forcefield had been erected outside of the doors to the two officer accommodating quarters, and there was a small holographic label that floated in front of the field indicating that the room was a crime scene.

The human and Betazoid eyed the J’naii security officer closely as Pek’al locked eyes on Kivik with a look of disdain while stepping forward.

Grurg: You were formerly an officer assigned to the USS Veritas¸ yes?  Under Captain Rahman?

Kivik: Response.

Grurg:  Hmmph. Computer.  Lower forcefield, authorisation Grurg-Alpha-Six-Three and unlock doors.

Sure enough, the forcefield lowered, and the doors slid open, revealing a pitch-black room.

Grurg: ::Turning to Kivik, unimpressed tone:: Come with me, Lieutenant.

Pek’al entered the dark room, then stood, waiting to ensure Kivik followed her instructions.  The two other security officers stood outside, with their hands behind their back to ensure Lieutenant Kivik could not leave.  Now inside, the mostly dark room was revealing it had many shiny elements on one side of the darkened common area.  A small, wicked smile appeared on the security officer’s face before she spoke at the top of her very strong lungs.

Grurg: COMPUTER! LIGHTS!

Finsen: SUUUUURRRPRIIIIIIISE!

Kivik: Response

Standing in the corner near a shelf full of trinkets was Ensign Finsen, a Denobulan Starfleet officer in a teal uniform.  She was excitedly giggling and jumping up and down on the spot while rapidly clapping her hands in delight.  Pek’al smiled before letting out a raucous laugh.

Finsen: Oh, Kivik, I hope that didn’t scare you too much, I just thought it might be a nice surprise, and then I had a little wicked idea, and then I wrote it down, and then I submitted it to the security center and wow, I’m – phew! – soooo glad it was Lieutenant Grurg that found the report, I mean I knew there was a good chance because I submitted it at the right time, anyway, I’m babbling, I just wanted to surprise you and it’s sooooo good to see you former roomie, how have you been?

Kivik: Response

Finsen: Oh, don’t let Pek’al frighten you, she is the nicest security officer, I mean I thought she might be purposefully intimidating to help with my surprise, ::to Pek’al:: did you scare nem?  I hope you did!  I mean, not too much, ::smiling:: but you know, I wanted it to be a *really* good prank.  Oh, ::To Pek’al, hand on chest:: thank you sooo much for this!

Pek’al: The trap was set, the prey was lured.  Qapla!  ::To Kivik:: Welcome aboard the Kitty Hawk, I apologize for pretending to question your honour.  You are of course a welcome guest to our starship.

Kivik: Response

Finsen: Will I see you at belly dancing practice in the holodeck on Friday as usual, Pek’al?

Grurg: Of course!  In our three month journey, my pelvic floor has become as strong as a bat’leth.  ::Polite nod:: I will leave you both to reminisce.

With that, the security officer gave one more raucous, proud laugh as she and the other two security officers left the room.

Kivik: Response

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant Pek'al Grurg

Security Officer