Ensign Finsen - The sim where Finsen is wearing her special dancing costume and bumps into Kivik and Thorne... and then lots of other stuff happens

Wil Ukinix

Sep 13, 2021, 8:21:16 AM9/13/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Corridor, Deck 4))

Jingle.

Step.

Jingle.

Step.

Jingle.

Step.

The Denobulan and her fellow crewmember made a racket as they walked down the corridors towards holodeck 2.  She didn’t care that many of them seemed to stop and look at the pair – some discreetly, some just plain staring.  It just made her proudly lift her chin more.

And for once, she had nothing to say.  She just smiled.

That was until she saw her roommate.

Finsen: ::Gasp:: Kivik?  Kivik!  How are you!  Oh, it’s so good to see you, I wanted to show you ::gesturing with palm:: my outfit before but you weren’t around, I waited as long as I could but I had to meet the others, but I’m very lucky to have found you anyway, some things are just meant to be aren’t they!

Kivik: Good to see you too! I hope you have fun doing… whatever it is you’re about to do.

Thorne: Hey! Have fun!

Finsen: ::To Lilith:: I sure will, Ensign.  ::To Kivik:: And what I’m about to do is a traditional dance called “belly dancing.”  ::Claps hands excitedly::  It’s great for that pelvic floor!  You both should join us one day.  Do you like my outfit?

Kivik: Sounds amazing - I’m sure you’ll tell me all about it later.

Finsen: Really?  I’d love to!  In fact, seeing that you’re interested, I’ll make a recording and we can watch it back later in our quarters.  Unless you’d like to join us now?  I’m sure we could have the holodeck create you a belly dancing outfit, it could be lots of fun.  The more the merrier!  We are doing out workout on a holodeck recreation of a place on Earth called “Bondi Beach,” looking forward to that artificial sea air. :slight chuckle::

Thorne: ::waving her hand:: No no. Don't ask me. I am a horrible dancer, but kudos to you!

Finsen: Thank you! ::Friendly wink:: I’ll get you two to join me yet.  But if you’ll excuse us, we have some hips to isolate and wiggle.  ::Scrunched nose:: Bye bye bye!

As they said goodbye to Kivik and Thorne, and made their way down the corridor towards the holodeck, it was apparent from the console screen on the wall outside the holodeck that there was already a program already running.  Not only that, but it was open for anyone to enter.

Finsen: I think Ensign Thorne accidently left her holodeck program running.

Queens: ::Leaning in to read screen:: “Laundromat.”  ::Scrunching up nose:: What’s that?  Let’s check it out.

The transporter chief made her way into the holodeck, as Finsen began to protest.

Finsen: Oh, no, no, Karen, we mustn’t, it could be something really personal-

After the door opened and Queens stepped inside, Finsen slowly followed.  She looked around at the arsenal of strange white cube-shaped machines, with circular glass doors on the front of them.  They seemed old fashioned.  One was operating and spinning what looked like pieces of clothing in it.

Finsen: What is this program?

Queens: … I’m not sure.  But Thorne has left, we can end it, you’ve got your program ready?

Finsen: Of course.  Yes, of course, let’s give our torsos a workout.  ::Exaggerated shaking of hips:: Shooka shooka!

Queens: ::Flatly::  Mmm hmm.

Finsen: ::Cheerily:: Okay.  Computer.  End program and load program Finsen-Alpha-One-Nine, Belly dancing level 200 on an Earth beach.

Computer: ::Error tone:: Unable to comply.  Access Denied.  The holodeck is in maintenance mode and can only be unlocked by Admiral Joseph Washington.

Karen and Finsen looked at each other.

Queens: Weird.

((Five minutes later, Holodeck 2, Deck 4))

The chief engineer was already on Deck 4, and it had been a slow day, so he was happy to take the support request that had come through regarding the holodeck (besides he was lost on Deck 4 again after making a quick visit to his quarters, not that he would admit being lost to anyone).

There was something wrong with the holodeck.  Something to do with authorisation?  Whatever it was, he made his way into the holodeck…

…to discover Crewman Karen Queens and Ensign Finsen wearing *belly dancing* outfits.  In some weird holographic room, with what looked like antique clothing cleaning machines.

Ukinix: ::Smirking:: You called for Engineering?

Queens: ::Under her breath:: Oh, no.

Finsen: Oh!  Wil!  I mean, I’m sorry, I mean Commander Ukinix.  Although I’ve heard you’ve told people in Engineering they can call you Wil, is that right?  Or is that just for people in Engineering?  Sorry, I don’t want to offend you by calling you the wrong thing or disrespecting your protocols-

Ukinix: ::Holding up palm:: Wil’s fine, Ensign, um ::trying not to stare at outfits or bellies for that matter:: what seems to be the problem?

Queens: The holodeck is stuck on Lilith’s program, we were scheduled for a belly dancing program.

There was a pause, before a small smirk appeared on Wil’s face.

Ukinix: Of course you were.  ::Looking up:: Computer, end program.

Computer: ::Error tone:: Unable to comply.  Access Denied.  The holodeck is in maintenance mode and can only be unlocked by Admiral Joseph Washington.

Ukinix: ::Screwing up face:: What?  ::Looking up:: This is Lieutenant Commander Ukinix, Chief of Engineering, access Ukinix-Gamma-Nine-Seven-

Computer: ::Error tone:: Access Denied.  The holodeck is in maintenance mode and can only be unlocked by Admiral Joseph Washington.

Ukinix: Computer, LCARS maintenance console please.

Computer: ::Error tone:: Unable to comply.  Access Denied.  The holodeck is in maintenance mode and can only be unlocked by Admiral Joseph Washington.

Wil put his hands on his hips, and let out a frustrated sigh.

Ukinix: ::under his breath:: #$%#@ sake.  Well, ::smirking:: you’ll just have to belly dance in here until Engineering can get this sorted out.  ::Slight shrug::

Finsen: Oh. Okay.  I mean, sure, it’s not the idyllic beach side setting for our belly dancing, but… I guess it's better than nothing. ::To Karen:: This will just have to do!  I mean, there’s room, we could move that table of glossy books, what do you think?

Wil’s smile got bigger.  He crossed his arms and covered his mouth to try and hide it, but he realised his eyes probably gave him away.

Karen: ::Flatly to Wil:: How long before Engineering can fix this. *Commander*.

The chief engineer raised his finger.  But before Wil could answer, his combadge spoke to him.

Phan’ta’go: =/\= Hello Commander Ukinix, this is C’lem Phan’ta’go, can you hear me? =/\=

Ukinix: Oh god.  ::Tapping combadge:: =/\= Go ahead, crewman. =/\=

Phan’ta’go: =/\= Can you hear me? =/\=

Ukinix: ::pinching bridge of nose:: =/\= Yes. I can hear you. C’lem Phan’ta’go. =/\=

Phan’ta’go: =/\= It’s crewman Phan’ta’go from engineer- =/\=

Ukinix: ::still pinching bridge of nose:: =/\= Whadd’ya bloody want! =/\=

Phan’ta’go: =/\= Well there’s no need to be rude about it, Commander, especially when we have an emergency in holodeck one.  Safety protocols have been disabled, and we are locked out of the control systems.  There have been reports of phaser fire. =/\=

Frozen on the spot and with eyes opened wide and for what seemed like an eternity, but was only three seconds, Wil said or did nothing.

Right before he maniacally ran out of holodeck two, sprinting as fast as he could to get to…

((Holodeck One – minutes later))

On his way there he had alerted Commander Kelrod, and Captain Rahman, and apprised them of the situation.  Rahman wasn’t an admiral, but maybe the computer would respond to a Captain’s authorisation.

The holodeck door was shut tight.  The only thing that was written on the console’s screen on the wall was “Access Denied”.

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix: ::Tapping console frantically:: I dunno!  Engineering’s been locked out of all holodeck control systems.

Kelrod/Rahman: Response

Any: Response

Ukinix: Computer.  Terminate all holodeck control and periphery systems, authorisation Ukinix-Alpha-Three-Eight-Gamma.

Computer: ::Error tone:: Unable to comply.  Access Denied.  The holodeck is in maintenance mode and can only be unlocked by Admiral Joseph Washington.

Wil scowled as he heard the same error message he had heard in holodeck two.

Ukinix: Computer.  Identify who’s currently located in holodeck one.

Computer: Lieutenant Junior Grade Ikaia Wong, Ensign Scotty Reade, Ensign Kivik, and Ensign Lilith Thorne were the last crew members to enter Holodeck One.

Kelrod/Rahman: Response

Any: Response

Ensign Finsen

Science Officer