First Secretary Keehani Ukinix - Ambitious Career Paths

Wil Ukinix

Jul 31, 2022, 7:43:22 PM7/31/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Office of The Counselor for Culture and Press Affairs))

Keehani: As far the United Federation of Planets is concerned, there is still a cease fire agreement between the Hirogen and Starfleet, negotiated by then Captain Janeway.  But with no central Hirogen government…

Orrey: They fulfill the position of pirates. You may have an agreement with one captain but that doesn’t extend far in a fleet.

Keehani nodded, she hadn’t considered that angle and that made sense.  Maybe the lone Hirogen that had hunted Rivi was a rogue actor.

Keehani: Then there is Rivi’s welfare.  I have been doing my best to keep her out of her office.  Since her return from Fana, I sense that she seems fine.  But there is a possibility of delayed psychological effects.

Orrey: ::nodding:: It could be turned on at any time. We will need to keep an eye out for signs.

Keehani finished her sushi roll, before turning to look at Jansen with a warm smile.  Even thought she was Aide to the Ambassador, that didn’t mean she couldn’t look out for the Counselor for Culture and Press Affairs either – especially after his being trapped in the anomaly on the Independence-B.

Keehani: And how are you, Envoy?  And your wife Commander Moonsong and your daughter Natalia?

The First Secretary sensed some surprise in Jansen at her question.

Orrey: They are doing well. Raissa is still working with Command of a few projects. Natalia is four now, five if you count the time we spent on the moon when she was born. I think time hijinks may run in the family, I am a year and a half older than I should be from different things over my career..

Keehani: Yes, Wil told me of Limbo ans his “lost” three months.  That’s where he first met Commander Moonsong and Natalia.  I sensed warmth in him when he spoke of them.

Orrey: ::smiling wistfully for a moment:: Pardon the rudeness but how old are you my friend?

Keehani tilted her head and smiled, her pony tail falling over her shoulder.  This time it was her that was surprised.  Despite that, the ambitious and driven woman welcomed the question.

Keehani: In Earth terms, I am twenty-four years of age.

Orrey: 24….my goodness ::smiling:: I was starting my penultimate year at the academy. I did my time in medical school as soon as possible and dove into the academy doing my residency at Medical. Hectic but I knew what I wanted.

Keehani smiled. She thought back to the moment when no long after she graduated exopolitics. She’d found out from her grandmother Vaxa (via Wil’s grandmother Hayley) that Wil was assigned as Starfleet Attaché to a Federation Diplomatic Corp deep space station.  It was the Federation’s foray into the Delta Quadrant headed by none other than Niarivi Vataix.  Keehani had subsequently crashed Rivi’s Ambassadorial appointment celebrations at the Eleventh House’s estate, and had requested, almost demanded, a position with the corp on Amity.  It was a “lucky” break (even though she always believed one creates their own luck).

Keehani: What can I say. I began studying at university as soon as I finished school on Betazed, and wanted to become a diplomat.  When I graduated exopolitics and I found about Amity, I knew by the Four that I was right for a position.

She picked up a second sushi roll, then waved it slightly in the air as she continued.

Keehani: I guess we both followed our career paths as soon as we could.  Did you follow in your family footsteps?

Keehani took a bite as Jansen spoke.

Orrey: My father was a Starfleet captain. ::laughing:: I can remember drawing with crayons in the ready room…

Keehani: ::Smiling:: Oh, that’s gorgeous.  I’m imagining young Jansen drawing a picture of his father’s starship.

Orrey: Response

Keehani: ::Chuckling:: Sometimes I feel closer to thirty.  Amity is wonderful but it can be tiring at times.

Orrey: Response

Keehani: Speaking of tiring, Arthur Summerside has been constantly contacting me.  I’ve been ignoring his requests thus far.  Now that he’s no longer with the Briori Sun and is an independent, he’s lower on the press food chain.  But as you are responsible for Press Affairs I thought I should let you know he’s “hovering”.

Orrey: Response

Keehani: ::Looking down at PADD:: One more order of business.  Starfleet have now completed their review of The Kathesis Pact agreement, and have requested multiple, sensible changes.  It seems the Kathesis Pact were discreetly trying to curtail our operations near our own borders, that clause has been significantly reworked.  Our final draft is ready to send back to them once the Ambassador gives her final sign-off approval.

Orrey: Response

Tags/TBC!

First Secretary Keehani Ukinix
Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
V239511WU0