Commander Wil Ukinix - Royal

Wil Ukinix

Aug 6, 2023, 8:21:23 AM8/6/23
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Booth, Three Stripes, Mezzanine level, Grand Mezzanine, Amity Outpost))

On the way back to Amity after crossing back into their universe, Wil had gone for a quick check over to sickbay with Wong.  But instead, the EMH Mark VII had been there, as Wong was busy with other duties.  So Wil had agreed to letting the EMH give him a once over.

Not only did he walk out with a clean bill of health, he’d also gained a PADD from the EMH that had a comic named "T'Senara: The Genesis Device Dilemma", apparently edition 121 of “T’Senara”, the illustrated adventures of a Vulcan Doctor turned cape wearing superhero.

Now, days later, Wil sat forward in the booth, PADD in his hand.  As he sipped on his perfectly symmetrical Pina Colada, his eyes and his attention were glued to the device’s screen as he read through the cells of the comic book.  At first, Wil had dismissed the art form as “archaic”, and wasn’t interested in reading the series.  But the EMH had convinced him that it was worth a read, that the stories were gripping and fantastic, and was full of twists.

And the EMH was right.  In fact, it was so gripping that when a stuck-up Betazoid Noble approached him…

Etraax: Wil Ukinix.

He jumped a little before looking up to see the person that had interrupted his comic - right at the part where T’Senara was attempting to interrogate the Breen villain “Kroll” using a mind-meld, but was resisting with genetically modified mental defences.

Eventually, he looked at the tall woman standing at the booth, and recognised *straight away* who she was, and had a sense of what she was up to.

Ukinix: ::Slight smirk:: That’s my name, don’t wear it out.

The noble nodded and smiled.

Ukinix: What can I do for you?

Etraax: It's not often I hang out with people like you.

Wil deliberately stifled a laugh in his throat, before shaking his head, bemused at the statement.

Ukinix: Really.

Etraax placed her drink down just across from his.  He raised his eyebrows, and blinked his eyes a few times.

Etraax: But, since I hear you're no longer just a designate, I suppose I ought to acknowledge your existence.

Apparently, that was invitation enough (despite there being no invitation) for Deexila to sit across the booth from him.

Ukinix: Oh, well, thanks very much!  It’s nice to know my molecules are all in-tact, and I’m in phase with the universe such that I exist.

Etraax: How does it feel, to be a son of the Ninth House of Betazed, Earth man?

Ukinix: “Earth man”.  You say that like it’s a bad thing-

She raised a finger to cut him off.

Etraax: That was a rhetorical question. I already sensed your answer.

Wil furrowed his brow for a moment.  Surely the noble was getting ahead of herself.

Ukinix: What bloody answer?

The noble picked up her drink, ready to sip it, but spoke first.

Etraax: Daughter Deexila Etraax of the second house.

Ukinix: Ah, see, I *knew* it was one of the houses! ::High fives self:: Naturally perceptive given I’m one-quarter Betazoid, I guess.

Etraax: Yes, another noble, son Ukinix. I'm starting to think if they should have just given you the title of "disgrace".

oO There it is.  You’ve been building up to it, and there it is. Oo

Wil laughed for a moment.

Ukinix: Nah nah, it’s pronounced “his grace”, not “dis grace”.

Etraax: Then again…

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: Look, if you’ve come in here to chest beat about which house is better than which, and ::mimicking talking hand puppet:: blah blah blah Ukinix this, Ukinix that, I’m really not interested.  I’m a Starfleet officer first and foremost.

Wil leaned forward a little, and rested his chin on his palm.

Ukinix: But I know exactly who *you* are, Deexila Etraax.

Etraax: Response

Ukinix: You’re a right royal pain in the arse.  That’s a Terran term, for a right *noble* pain in the arse.  In fact, you’re worse than a pain in the arse.  Would you like to know why, Deexila?

Etraax: Response

Ukinix: Because a pain in the arse gets better.

Etraax: Response

Ukinix: You see, when you harassed my second cousin at her workplace, she told me about it that night.  Now, I’ll be honest, your daughterness, I was flattered when Great Aunt Vaxa offered me the title of “Son Designate” of the Ninth House last year.  But my plan was to accept that title *much* later in my Starfleet career.  That was until all you nobles got together and wobblesnobbled – that’s a Biori term, by the way – wobblesnobbled about with my friend’s pending wedding.  For ::shrug:: reasons unknown to anyone outside of Betazoid nobility, including Tri’lea.  So, I played my part to help her and I accepted the title.  And now Tri’lea’s getting married again.  ::Big smile, palms out:: Win-win, ‘ay?!

Etraax: Response

Ukinix: Here’s another Terran saying for you – you $&@^ in your own nest ::smile, wink::

Etraax: Response

Naminae/Vataix: Response