Commander Wil Ukinix - Nine to Five

Wil Ukinix

Jan 6, 2023, 4:26:02 AM1/6/23
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(OOC: Apologies for number of response tags, but… well, you’ll see)

((The Glommer and Beagle, Mezzanine Level, Grand Mezzanine))

Ukinix: Maybe we could send him back in time to where the TIC plucked him from.  I know temporal shenanigans are frowned upon… but if it’s good enough for future Starfleet, it’s good enough for us.

Addison’s lowered eyebrows and pursed lips showed that she wasn’t so crash hot on the idea.

MacKenzie: Not exactly ethical, is it?

Ukinix: Pfft.  Since when did the TIC ever consider ethics in anything. ::Take sip of beer::

MacKenzie: ::quietly, as though talking to herself:: Yeah, yeah, quite right about that…

Ukinix: How about you, what’s been happening on the Excal?

MacKenzie: Oh, you know, just the typical Starfleet nonsense – brokering peace talks, making first contact, infiltrating a technologically inferior race’s planet for several months… The usual.

Ukinix: ::lifting beer:: All sounds scarily familiar – except for the infiltrating bit.

Wil took a big sip if his drink, before smacking his lips together with an almost silent “ahhh”.

MacKenzie: What’s next for you all out here?

Ukinix: Dunno, to be honest.  Setting up multiple colonies for Betazed on one planet, dealing with Hirogen vessels who amass then disperse just as quickly, probably dealing with multiple diplomatic crises… ::slight smirk:: also lunch?

Addison raised an eyebrow, and Wil sensed she felt a little amused.

MacKenzie: You’ve had that third pip for all of twelve hours now, and already set to save the universe, eh?

Wil half rolled his eyes with a smirk, then lifted his beer glass to his mouth, half talking into it.

Ukinix: ::Slight smirk:: Smart arse.

He took another sip, as Addison continued.

MacKenzie: You remember that bar crawl on Ketar V? ::shaking her head:: We were kids back then.

Ukinix: Do I what!  Well, most of it.  ::Squinting eyes:: That last bar is a bit of a blur… and I know we beamed on board and G’var carried me to bed, and I think Captain Rahman was there… ::shrug::

MacKenzie: Response

Ukinix: We could just about do a pub crawl on this Outpost, there’s enough bars.  ::Shrug:: Maybe sometimes I haven’t grown up that much.

MacKenzie: Response

Suddenly, will got excited as he remembered something.

Ukinix: Oh!  ::clicking fingers:: Do you know what Lieutenant Reade and Geoff built for me for my birthday last year?  C’mon, I gotta show you, it’s awesome.

MacKenzie: Response

((Storage Facility - Ground Floor, Mezzanine Level))

Not far from the “Cream of the Ice” ice cream shop were the toilets, and near that was a storage area.  Inside, Wil stood next to a structure that had a big, plain brown, protective sheet over it.  He grabbed it, then ceremoniously flung it away like he was a magician doing a show on Freecloud.

The sheet fell to the ground, and revealed the small vessel underneath.

Ukinix: Tadaaaaaa!  It’s a hover pub.  The USS Batavia.

MacKenzie: Response

Wil stepped up onto the edge, then reached over and activated the console which came to life.  He then pressed the “red alert” button that sounded the old Constitution class alert klaxon.  The hoverpub’s umbrellas turned red.

Ukinix: A couple of weeks ago I made a small change to it.  ::Slight wicked smile:: We should test it out.  C’arn, it’ll be a fun relaxing pleasure cruise around the station.

MacKenzie: Response

((Eight minutes later - Amity train line, somewhere between Peace Park station and Archer station))

The modifications that Wil had concocted was to make the hoverpub compatible with Amity’s train system, so that it could run on it.

Why?

Because he could.  He was still an engineer at heart.

Except the hoverpub was running a little faster than he had anticipated on the downward trajectory of the railway tracks as they headed towards the Habitat Ring.  The hoverpub’s speakers were loudly playing a song that *wasn’t* in Wil’s music collection but had instead been loaded and played from the Federation database.  The female singer’s voice was echoing throughout the barely lit train tunnel of the “corkscrew” train system built into Amity’s hull.

MacKenzie: Response

Wil, sitting in the centre chair of the Starfleet Delta shaped vehicle, was madly tapping at the controls.

Ukinix: I’m trying, I’m trying!

MacKenzie: Response

Tags/TBC!

Commander Wil Ukinix