[sage-devel] sage vs. others by nist

Harald Schilly

May 14, 2010, 10:01:16 AM5/14/10
to sage-devel
I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom). Maybe worth
checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
own table like that?

table: http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1

related earlier thread from nov 2008:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/eccccf67cffd4a84

Fredrik Johansson

May 14, 2010, 10:32:13 AM5/14/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Harald Schilly <harald....@gmail.com> wrote:
I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom). Maybe worth
checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
own table like that?

table: http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1

related earlier thread from nov 2008:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/eccccf67cffd4a84

I already asked them to add mpmath; they said it'd be updated within a few weeks.

It would be nice to have something like this for Sage (including information about which library implements what, how generally etc), and not just for special functions.

Fredrik

Harald Schilly

May 14, 2010, 11:44:27 AM5/14/10
to sage-devel
On May 14, 4:32 pm, Fredrik Johansson <fredrik.johans...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It would be nice to have something like this for Sage (including information
> about which library implements what, how generally etc), and not just for
> special functions.

Yeahr, exactly. A good start is the "constructions" manual (maybe
should be better called "cookbook")
http://sagemath.org/doc/constructions/index.html

kcrisman

May 14, 2010, 1:02:30 PM5/14/10
to sage-devel

On May 14, 10:01 am, Harald Schilly <harald.schi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
> It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
> some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom). Maybe worth
> checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
> own table like that?
>
> table:http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1

It does seem a little out of date. A lot of those functions are
included either via Maxima, mpmath, or Pynac (and probably also Pari,
GSL, etc.) For instance, I believe we now have the psi functions.

- kcrisman

Robert Bradshaw

May 14, 2010, 1:05:18 PM5/14/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On May 14, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Harald Schilly wrote:

> I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
> It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
> some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom).

E.g. we compute zeta(s) for s complex, but not for s real?

> Maybe worth
> checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
> own table like that?
>
> table: http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1

It would probably be worth making sure we fill out this table (e.g.
wrapping Pari/SciPy/gsl/mpmath) to really see what's missing.

Simon King

May 14, 2010, 2:17:37 PM5/14/10
to sage-devel
On 14 Mai, 19:02, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It does seem a little out of date.  A lot of those functions are
> included either via Maxima, mpmath, or Pynac (and probably also Pari,
> GSL, etc.)  For instance, I believe we now have the psi functions.

Yes. According to that list, the functions of Sage form a proper
subset (actually a rather small subset) of the union of the functions
of its components. Weird.

Cheers,
Simon

Jason Grout

May 14, 2010, 2:25:38 PM5/14/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 5/14/10 9:32 AM, Fredrik Johansson wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Harald Schilly
> <harald....@gmail.com <mailto:harald....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
> It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
> some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom). Maybe worth
> checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
> own table like that?
>
> table: http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1
>
> related earlier thread from nov 2008:
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/eccccf67cffd4a84

> I already asked them to add mpmath; they said it'd be updated within a
> few weeks.

Apparently the book is being published:

http://dlmf.nist.gov/about/news/#I1.i1

Questions:

1. Is the software capabilities chart in the published version?

2. When is the deadline for correcting software information for the
published version (has it already passed)?

(you may not know these answers, but you might if you were already
dealing with updating information...)

Thanks,

Jason

Dr. David Kirkby

May 14, 2010, 4:52:26 PM5/14/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 05/14/10 03:01 PM, Harald Schilly wrote:
> I found a table by NIST comparing sage with other software packages.
> It's probably interesting for what they are looking for and I think
> some entries are missing (feedback link at the bottom). Maybe worth
> checking this out for the future of sage development or building our
> own table like that?
>
> table: http://dlmf.nist.gov/software/#T1
>
> related earlier thread from nov 2008:
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/eccccf67cffd4a84

Without reference to the version numbers of the software they comparing, such a
table is a next to useless.

One can't say "Sage can do X" but you don't list it, since there is no idea what
version of Sage they looked at. Likewise for the other packages. It's dated
"2010-05-07" but clearly does not reflect what Sage could do on that date.

According to that table, Mathematica can't do the Lambert W-Function. As a
non-mathematician, that does not mean a lot to me, but reading.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LambertW-Function.html

it says "The principal value of the Lambert W-function is implemented in
Mathematica as ProductLog[z]. Different branches of the function are available
in Mathematica as ProductLog[k, z], where k is any integer and k=0 corresponds
to the principal value. Although undocumented, LambertW[k, z] autoevaluates to
ProductLog[k, z] in Mathematica."

Nor, according to that table can Mathematica do interval arithmetic, yet there
is a tutorial on Interval Arithmetic in the Mathematica documentation.

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/IntervalArithmetic.html

IMHO, a school child could have done a better job. You don't need to be a
mathematician to know that comparing software, without reference to the version
numbers, is a bit silly.

Dave

Harald Schilly

May 15, 2010, 12:22:53 PM5/15/10
to sage-devel
On May 14, 10:52 pm, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net>
wrote:
> According to that table, Mathematica can't do the Lambert W-Function. As a
> non-mathematician, that does not mean a lot to me, but reading.
>
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LambertW-Function.html

That's interesting. My first thought was that our Sage documentation
needs to be better, especially that we need to include better clues in
the reference manual how to access mpmath and similar to access their
methods. Or even better, to find a way to include (subsets) of their
documentation in our documentation so that you can find their
functions if you search for them in Sage's official online
documentation. Plan B would be to wrap much more functions to make
them directly accessible, probably not polluting the global namespace,
but something in similar to the "units.*" scheme.
However, apparently they missed MMA functions as well and that's
although their documentation is probably one of the best. Therefore
it's not only the quality of the documentation ;)

Dr. David Kirkby

May 15, 2010, 1:52:07 PM5/15/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 05/15/10 05:22 PM, Harald Schilly wrote:
> On May 14, 10:52 pm, "Dr. David Kirkby"<david.kir...@onetel.net>
> wrote:
>> According to that table, Mathematica can't do the Lambert W-Function. As a
>> non-mathematician, that does not mean a lot to me, but reading.
>>
>> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LambertW-Function.html
>
> That's interesting. My first thought was that our Sage documentation
> needs to be better, especially that we need to include better clues in
> the reference manual how to access mpmath and similar to access their
> methods. Or even better, to find a way to include (subsets) of their
> documentation in our documentation so that you can find their
> functions if you search for them in Sage's official online
> documentation. Plan B would be to wrap much more functions to make
> them directly accessible, probably not polluting the global namespace,
> but something in similar to the "units.*" scheme.
> However, apparently they missed MMA functions as well and that's
> although their documentation is probably one of the best. Therefore
> it's not only the quality of the documentation ;)

I guess Mathematica's documentation could be more explicit, but it did not take
me long to work out how to compute the Lambert-W Function with Mathematica. All
of about 5 minutes. Neither did it take me long to find out it can do interval
arithmetic - about 1 minute in that case.

I think the biggest thing this proves is just how poorly that NIST table was put
together. Had it been "Joe Blog's web site", I'm sure we would just dismiss it.
The fact it is NIST means we can't just dismiss it, but I still feel it is very
poor work.

I think a huge table of Mathematica/MATLAB/Sage/Magma equivalent functions would
be useful.

i.e.

Sage Mathematica
-------------------

factorial(n): Factorial[n] or n!
sin(x): Sin[x]
prime_pi(): PrimePi[n]
plot(): Plot[]
plot3d(): Plot3D[]

Obviously, there is not a direct 1-1 relationship, but some clue would be
useful, especially if there were hyperlinks to the Sage and Mathematica
documentation.

Anyone want to find the Sage equivalents of this lot?

Abort
AbortKernels
AbortProtect
Above
Abs
AbsoluteCurrentValue
AbsoluteDashing
AbsoluteFileName
AbsoluteOptions
AbsolutePointSize
AbsoluteThickness
AbsoluteTime
AbsoluteTiming
AccountingForm
Accumulate
Accuracy
AccuracyGoal
ActionDelay
ActionMenu
ActionMenuBox
ActionMenuBoxOptions
Active
ActiveItem
ActiveStyle
AddOnHelpPath
AddTo
AdjustmentBox
AdjustmentBoxOptions
AffineTransform
After
AiryAi
AiryAiPrime
AiryAiZero
AiryBi
AiryBiPrime
AiryBiZero
AlgebraicIntegerQ
AlgebraicNumber
AlgebraicNumberDenominator
AlgebraicNumberNorm
AlgebraicNumberPolynomial
AlgebraicNumberTrace
AlgebraicRules
AlgebraicRulesData
Algebraics
AlgebraicUnitQ
Alias
Alignment
AlignmentMarker
AlignmentPoint
All
AllowInlineCells
AllowScriptLevelChange
Alternatives
AmbientLight
Analytic
AnchoredSearch
And
AngerJ
AngleBracket
Animate
AnimationCycleOffset
AnimationCycleRepetitions
AnimationDirection
AnimationDisplayTime
AnimationRate
AnimationRepetitions
AnimationRunning
Animator
AnimatorBox
AnimatorBoxOptions
AnimatorElements
Annotation
Antialiasing
Apart
ApartSquareFree
Appearance
AppearanceElements
AppellF1
Append
AppendTo
Apply
ArcCos
ArcCosh
ArcCot
ArcCoth
ArcCsc
ArcCsch
ArcSec
ArcSech
ArcSin
ArcSinh
ArcTan
ArcTanh
Arg
ArgMax
ArgMin
ArgumentCountQ
ArithmeticGeometricMean
Array
ArrayDepth
ArrayFlatten
ArrayPad
ArrayPlot
ArrayQ
ArrayRules
Arrow
Arrow3DBox
ArrowBox
Arrowheads
AspectRatio
AspectRatioFixed
Assuming
Assumptions
AstronomicalData
AtomQ
Attributes
AutoAction
AutoDelete
AutoEvaluateEvents
AutoGeneratedPackage
AutoIndent
AutoIndentSpacings
AutoItalicWords
AutoloadPath
AutoMatch
Automatic
AutoMultiplicationSymbol
AutoNumberFormatting
AutoOpenNotebooks
AutoOpenPalettes
AutorunSequencing
AutoScaling
AutoScroll
AutoSpacing
AutoStyleOptions
AutoStyleWords
Axes
AxesEdge
AxesLabel
AxesOrigin
AxesStyle
Axis
Back
Background
BackgroundTasksSettings
Backslash
Backsubstitution
Backward
Band
BarChart
BarChart3D
BarnesG
BarOrigin
BarSpacing
BaseForm
Baseline
BaselinePosition
BaseStyle
Because
Beep
Before
Begin
BeginDialogPacket
BeginFrontEndInteractionPacket
BeginPackage
BellB
Below
BernoulliB
BernoulliDistribution
BernsteinBasis
BesselI
BesselJ
BesselJZero
BesselK
BesselY
BesselYZero
Beta
BetaBinomialDistribution
BetaDistribution
BetaNegativeBinomialDistribution
BetaRegularized
BezierCurve
BezierCurve3DBox
BezierCurve3DBoxOptions
BezierCurveBox
BezierCurveBoxOptions
BezierFunction
Binarize
BinaryFormat
BinaryImageQ
BinaryRead
BinaryReadList
BinaryWrite
BinCounts
BinLists
Binomial
BinomialDistribution
BitAnd
BitClear
BitGet
BitLength
BitNot
BitOr
BitSet
BitShiftLeft
BitShiftRight
BitXor
Black
Blank
BlankForm
BlankNullSequence
BlankSequence
Blend
Block
BlockRandom
Blue
Blur
Bold
Bookmarks
Boole
BooleanConvert
BooleanCountingFunction
BooleanFunction
BooleanMaxterms
BooleanMinimize
BooleanMinterms
Booleans
BooleanTable
BooleanVariables
Bottom
BottomHatTransform
BoundaryStyle
Bounds
Box
BoxBaselineShift
BoxData
BoxDimensions
Boxed
Boxes
BoxForm
BoxFormFormatTypes
BoxFrame
BoxID
BoxMargins
BoxMatrix
BoxRatios
BoxRegion
BoxRotation
BoxRotationPoint
BoxStyle
BracketingBar
BrayCurtisDistance
Break
Brown
BrowserCategory
BSplineBasis
BSplineCurve
BSplineCurve3DBox
BSplineCurveBox
BSplineCurveBoxOptions
BSplineFunction
BSplineSurface
BSplineSurface3DBox
BubbleChart
BubbleChart3D
BubbleScale
BubbleSizes
Button
ButtonBar
ButtonBox
ButtonBoxOptions
ButtonCell
ButtonContents
ButtonData
ButtonEvaluator
ButtonExpandable
ButtonFrame
ButtonFunction
ButtonMargins
ButtonMinHeight
ButtonNote
ButtonNotebook
ButtonSource
ButtonStyle
ButtonStyleMenuListing
Byte
ByteCount
ByteOrdering
CachedValue
CacheGraphics
CallPacket
CanberraDistance
Cancel
CancelButton
Cap
CapForm
CapitalDifferentialD
CarmichaelLambda
Cases
Casoratian
Catalan
CatalanNumber
Catch
CauchyDistribution
CDF
Ceiling
Cell
CellAutoOverwrite
CellBaseline
CellBoundingBox
CellBracketOptions
CellChangeTimes
CellContents
CellContext
CellDingbat
CellDynamicExpression
CellEditDuplicate
CellElementsBoundingBox
CellElementSpacings
CellEpilog
CellEvaluationDuplicate
CellEvaluationFunction
CellEventActions
CellFrame
CellFrameColor
CellFrameLabelMargins
CellFrameLabels
CellFrameMargins
CellGroup
CellGroupData
CellGrouping
CellGroupingRules
CellHorizontalScrolling
CellID
CellLabel
CellLabelAutoDelete
CellLabelMargins
CellLabelPositioning
CellMargins
CellObject
CellOpen
CellPasswords
CellPrint
CellProlog
CellSize
CellStyle
CellTags
CellularAutomaton
Center
CenterDot
CentralMoment
CForm
ChampernowneNumber
Character
CharacterEncoding
CharacterEncodingsPath
CharacteristicFunction
CharacteristicPolynomial
CharacterRange
Characters
ChartBaseStyle
ChartElementData
ChartElementDataFunction
ChartElementFunction
ChartElements
ChartLabels
ChartLayout
ChartLegends
ChartStyle
ChebyshevDistance
ChebyshevT
ChebyshevU
Check
CheckAbort
CheckAll
Checkbox
CheckboxBar
CheckboxBox
CheckboxBoxOptions
ChemicalData
ChessboardDistance
ChiDistribution
ChineseRemainder
ChiSquareDistribution
ChoiceButtons
ChoiceDialog
CholeskyDecomposition
Chop
Circle
CircleBox
CircleDot
CircleMinus
CirclePlus
CircleTimes
CityData
Clear
ClearAll
ClearAttributes
ClearSystemCache
ClebschGordan
ClickPane
Clip
ClipboardNotebook
ClipFill
ClippingStyle
ClipPlanes
Clock
ClockwiseContourIntegral
Close
Closed
CloseKernels
Closing
ClosingAutoSave
ClosingEvent
CMYKColor
Coarse
Coefficient
CoefficientArrays
CoefficientDomain
CoefficientList
CoefficientRules
Collect
Colon
ColonForm
ColorCombine
ColorConvert
ColorData
ColorDataFunction
ColorFunction
ColorFunctionScaling
ColorMap
ColorNegate
ColorOutput
ColorQuantize
ColorRules
ColorSelectorSettings
ColorSeparate
ColorSetter
ColorSetterBox
ColorSetterBoxOptions
ColorSlider
ColorSpace
Column
ColumnAlignments
ColumnBackgrounds
ColumnForm
ColumnLines
ColumnsEqual
ColumnSpacings
ColumnWidths
CommonDefaultFormatTypes
Commonest
CommonestFilter
Compile
Compiled
CompiledFunction
CompileOptimizations
Complement
CompletionsListPacket
Complex
Complexes
ComplexExpand
ComplexInfinity
ComplexityFunction
ComponentwiseContextMenu
Compose
ComposeList
ComposeSeries
Composition
CompoundExpression
Compress
CompressedData
Condition
Cone
ConeBox
ConfidenceLevel
ConfigurationPath
Congruent
Conjugate
ConjugateTranspose
Conjunction
Connect
ConsoleMessagePacket
ConsolePrint
Constant
ConstantArray
Constants
ConstrainedMax
ConstrainedMin
ContentsBoundingBox
ContentSelectable
ContentSize
Context
ContextMenu
Contexts
ContextToFilename
ContextToFileName
Continuation
Continue
ContinuedFraction
ContinuedFractionK
ContinuousAction
ContourGraphics
ContourIntegral
ContourLabels
ContourLines
ContourPlot
ContourPlot3D
Contours
ContourShading
ContourSmoothing
ContourStyle
ContraharmonicMean
Control
ControlActive
ControlAlignment
ControllerInformation
ControllerInformationData
ControllerLinking
ControllerManipulate
ControllerMethod
ControllerPath
ControllerState
ControlPlacement
ControlsRendering
ControlType
Convergents
ConversionOptions
ConversionRules
ConvertToBitmapPacket
ConvertToPostScript
ConvertToPostScriptPacket
Convolve
CoordinatesToolOptions
CoprimeQ
Coproduct
Copyable
CopyDirectory
CopyFile
CopyTag
CornerNeighbors
Correlation
CorrelationDistance
Cos
Cosh
CoshIntegral
CosineDistance
CosIntegral
Cot
Coth
Count
CounterAssignments
CounterBox
CounterBoxOptions
CounterClockwiseContourIntegral
CounterEvaluator
CounterFunction
CounterIncrements
CounterStyle
CounterStyleMenuListing
CountRoots
CountryData
Covariance
CovarianceEstimatorFunction
CreateDialog
CreateDirectory
CreateDocument
CreateIntermediateDirectories
CreatePalette
CreatePalettePacket
CreateWindow
CriticalSection
Cross
CrossMatrix
Csc
Csch
Cubics
Cuboid
CuboidBox
Cup
CupCap
CurlyDoubleQuote
CurlyQuote
CurrentlySpeakingPacket
CurrentValue
Cyan
Cyclotomic
Cylinder
CylinderBox
CylindricalDecomposition
DamerauLevenshteinDistance
DampingFactor
Darker
Dashed
Dashing
DataRange
DataReversed
Date
DateDelimiters
DateDifference
DateFunction
DateList
DateListLogPlot
DateListPlot
DatePattern
DatePlus
DateString
DateTicksFormat
DawsonF
Debug
DebugTag
Decimal
DeclarePackage
Decompose
Decrement
DedekindEta
DefaultAxesStyle
DefaultBaseStyle
DefaultBoxStyle
DefaultButton
DefaultColor
DefaultControlPlacement
DefaultDuplicateCellStyle
DefaultDuration
DefaultElement
DefaultFont
DefaultFontProperties
DefaultFormatType
DefaultFormatTypeForStyle
DefaultFrameStyle
DefaultInlineFormatType
DefaultInputFormatType
DefaultLabelStyle
DefaultNaturalLanguage
DefaultNewCellStyle
DefaultNewInlineCellStyle
DefaultNotebook
DefaultOptions
DefaultOutputFormatType
DefaultStyle
DefaultStyleDefinitions
DefaultTextFormatType
DefaultTextInlineFormatType
DefaultValues
Defer
DefineExternal
Definition
Degree
DegreeLexicographic
DegreeReverseLexicographic
Deinitialization
Del
Deletable
DeleteCases
DeleteContents
DeleteDirectory
DeleteDuplicates
DeleteFile
DeletionWarning
Delimiter
DelimiterFlashTime
DelimiterMatching
Delimiters
Denominator
DensityGraphics
DensityPlot
DependentVariables
Deploy
Deployed
Depth
Derivative
DesignMatrix
Det
DiacriticalPositioning
Diagonal
DiagonalMatrix
Dialog
DialogIndent
DialogInput
DialogLevel
DialogNotebook
DialogProlog
DialogReturn
DialogSymbols
Diamond
DiamondMatrix
DiceDissimilarity
DictionaryLookup
DifferenceDelta
DifferenceOrder
DifferenceRoot
DifferenceRootReduce
Differences
DifferentialD
DifferentialRoot
DifferentialRootReduce
DigitBlock
DigitBlockMinimum
DigitCharacter
DigitCount
DigitQ
Dilation
Dimensions
DiracComb
DiracDelta
DirectedEdges
DirectedInfinity
Direction
Directive
Directory
DirectoryName
DirectoryQ
DirectoryStack
DirichletCharacter
DirichletConvolve
DirichletL
DirichletTransform
DisableConsolePrintPacket
DiscreteConvolve
DiscreteDelta
DiscreteIndicator
DiscretePlot
DiscreteRatio
DiscreteShift
DiscreteUniformDistribution
Discriminant
Disjunction
Disk
DiskBox
DiskMatrix
Dispatch
DispersionEstimatorFunction
Display
DisplayAllSteps
DisplayEndPacket
DisplayFlushImagePacket
DisplayForm
DisplayFunction
DisplayPacket
DisplayRules
DisplaySetSizePacket
DisplayString
DisplayTemporary
DistanceFunction
DistanceTransform
Distribute
DistributeDefinitions
DistributionDomain
DistributionDomainQ
DistributionParameterQ
Dithering
Divide
DivideBy
Dividers
Divisible
Divisors
DivisorSigma
DivisorSum
DMSList
DMSString
Do
DockedCells
DocumentNotebook
DOSTextFormat
Dot
DotDashed
DotEqual
Dotted
DoubleBracketingBar
DoubleContourIntegral
DoubleDownArrow
DoubleLeftArrow
DoubleLeftRightArrow
DoubleLeftTee
DoubleLongLeftArrow
DoubleLongLeftRightArrow
DoubleLongRightArrow
DoubleRightArrow
DoubleRightTee
DoubleUpArrow
DoubleUpDownArrow
DoubleVerticalBar
DoublyInfinite
Down
DownArrow
DownArrowBar
DownArrowUpArrow
DownLeftRightVector
DownLeftTeeVector
DownLeftVector
DownLeftVectorBar
DownRightTeeVector
DownRightVector
DownRightVectorBar
DownTee
DownTeeArrow
DownValues
DragAndDrop
DrawHighlighted
Drop
DSolve
Dt
DualLinearProgramming
DumpGet
DumpSave
Dynamic
DynamicBox
DynamicBoxOptions
DynamicEvaluationTimeout
DynamicModule
DynamicModuleBox
DynamicModuleBoxOptions
DynamicModuleParent
DynamicModuleValues
DynamicSetting
DynamicUpdating
DynamicWrapper
DynamicWrapperBox
DynamicWrapperBoxOptions
EdgeForm
EdgeLabeling
EdgeRenderingFunction
Editable
EditButtonSettings
EditCellTagsSettings
EditDistance
EffectiveInterestRate
Eigensystem
Eigenvalues
Eigenvectors
Element
ElementData
Eliminate
EliminationOrder
EllipticE
EllipticExp
EllipticExpPrime
EllipticF
EllipticK
EllipticLog
EllipticNomeQ
EllipticPi
EllipticReducedHalfPeriods
EllipticTheta
EllipticThetaPrime
EmitSound
EmphasizeSyntaxErrors
Empty
EnableConsolePrintPacket
Enabled
Encode
End
EndAdd
EndDialogPacket
EndFrontEndInteractionPacket
EndOfFile
EndOfLine
EndOfString
EndPackage
EngineeringForm
Enter
EnterExpressionPacket
EnterTextPacket
Entropy
EntropyFilter
Environment
Epilog
Equal
EqualColumns
EqualRows
EqualTilde
EquatedTo
Equilibrium
Equivalent
Erf
Erfc
Erfi
Erosion
ErrorBox
ErrorBoxOptions
ErrorNorm
ErrorPacket
ErrorsDialogSettings
EuclideanDistance
EulerE
EulerGamma
EulerPhi
Evaluatable
Evaluate
Evaluated
EvaluatePacket
EvaluationCell
EvaluationCompletionAction
EvaluationMonitor
EvaluationNotebook
EvaluationObject
EvaluationOrder
Evaluator
EvaluatorNames
EvenQ
EventEvaluator
EventHandler
EventHandlerTag
ExactNumberQ
ExactRootIsolation
ExampleData
Except
ExcludedForms
Exclusions
ExclusionsStyle
Exists
Exit
ExitDialog
Exp
Expand
ExpandAll
ExpandDenominator
ExpandFileName
ExpandNumerator
ExpectedValue
ExpIntegralE
ExpIntegralEi
Exponent
ExponentFunction
ExponentialDistribution
ExponentialFamily
ExponentialGeneratingFunction
ExponentialMovingAverage
ExponentPosition
ExponentStep
Export
ExportAutoReplacements
ExportPacket
ExportString
Expression
ExpressionCell
ExpressionPacket
ExpToTrig
ExtendedGCD
Extension
ExternalCall
ExternalDataCharacterEncoding
Extract
ExtremeValueDistribution
FaceForm
FaceGrids
FaceGridsStyle
Factor
FactorComplete
Factorial
Factorial2
FactorialPower
FactorInteger
FactorList
FactorSquareFree
FactorSquareFreeList
FactorTerms
FactorTermsList
Fail
False
FEDisableConsolePrintPacket
FEEnableConsolePrintPacket
Fibonacci
FieldMasked
FieldSize
File
FileBaseName
FileByteCount
FileDate
FileExistsQ
FileExtension
FileFormat
FileHash
FileInformation
FileName
FileNameDepth
FileNameDialogSettings
FileNameDrop
FileNameJoin
FileNames
FileNameSetter
FileNameSplit
FileNameTake
FilePrint
FileType
Filling
FillingStyle
FilterRules
FinancialData
Find
FindArgMax
FindArgMin
FindClusters
FindCurvePath
FindDivisions
FindFile
FindFit
FindGeneratingFunction
FindGeoLocation
FindInstance
FindLinearRecurrence
FindList
FindMaximum
FindMaxValue
FindMinimum
FindMinValue
FindRoot
FindSequenceFunction
FindSettings
FindShortestTour
Fine
FiniteAbelianGroupCount
FiniteGroupCount
FiniteGroupData
First
Fit
FitAll
FittedModel
FixedPoint
FixedPointList
Flat
Flatten
FlattenAt
FlipView
Floor
FlushPrintOutputPacket
Fold
FoldList
Font
FontColor
FontFamily
FontForm
FontName
FontOpacity
FontPostScriptName
FontProperties
FontReencoding
FontSize
FontSlant
FontSubstitutions
FontTracking
FontVariations
FontWeight
For
ForAll
Format
FormatRules
FormatType
FormatTypeAutoConvert
FormatValues
FormBox
FormBoxOptions
FortranForm
ForwardBackward
Fourier
FourierCoefficient
FourierCosCoefficient
FourierCosSeries
FourierCosTransform
FourierDCT
FourierDST
FourierParameters
FourierSequenceTransform
FourierSeries
FourierSinCoefficient
FourierSinSeries
FourierSinTransform
FourierTransform
FourierTrigSeries
FractionalPart
FractionBox
FractionBoxOptions
FractionLine
Frame
FrameBox
FrameBoxOptions
Framed
FrameInset
FrameLabel
Frameless
FrameMargins
FrameStyle
FrameTicks
FrameTicksStyle
FRatioDistribution
FreeQ
FresnelC
FresnelS
FrobeniusNumber
FrobeniusSolve
FromCharacterCode
FromCoefficientRules
FromContinuedFraction
FromDate
FromDigits
FromDMS
FromServiceResponse
Front
FrontEndDynamicExpression
FrontEndEventActions
FrontEndExecute
FrontEndObject
FrontEndResource
FrontEndResourceString
FrontEndStackSize
FrontEndToken
FrontEndTokenExecute
FrontEndValueCache
FrontEndVersion
Full
FullAxes
FullDefinition
FullForm
FullGraphics
FullOptions
FullSimplify
Function
FunctionExpand
FunctionInterpolation
FunctionSpace
FutureValue
FutureValueList
Gamma
GammaDistribution
GammaRegularized
GapPenalty
Gather
GatherBy
GaussianFilter
GaussianIntegers
GaussianMatrix
GCD
GegenbauerC
General
GeneralizedLinearModelFit
GenerateConditions
GeneratedCell
GeneratedParameters
GeneratingFunction
Generic
GenericCylindricalDecomposition
GenomeData
GenomeLookup
GeodesicDilation
GeodesicErosion
GeoDestination
GeodesyData
GeoDirection
GeoDistance
GeoGridPosition
GeometricDistribution
GeometricMean
GeometricMeanFilter
GeometricTransformation
GeometricTransformation3DBox
GeometricTransformation3DBoxOptions
GeometricTransformationBox
GeometricTransformationBoxOptions
GeoPosition
GeoPositionENU
GeoPositionXYZ
GeoProjectionData
Get
GetBoundingBoxSizePacket
GetContext
GetFileName
GetFrontEndOptionsDataPacket
GetLinebreakInformationPacket
GetMenusPacket
GetPageBreakInformationPacket
GetVirtualCellGroup
Glaisher
GlobalPreferences
GlobalSession
Glow
GoldenRatio
Goto
Gradient
GradientFilter
GraphData
Graphics
Graphics3D
Graphics3DBox
Graphics3DBoxOptions
GraphicsArray
GraphicsBaseline
GraphicsBox
GraphicsBoxOptions
GraphicsColumn
GraphicsComplex
GraphicsComplex3DBox
GraphicsComplex3DBoxOptions
GraphicsComplexBox
GraphicsComplexBoxOptions
GraphicsContents
GraphicsData
GraphicsGrid
GraphicsGridBox
GraphicsGroup
GraphicsGroup3DBox
GraphicsGroup3DBoxOptions
GraphicsGroupBox
GraphicsGroupBoxOptions
GraphicsGrouping
GraphicsRow
GraphicsSpacing
GraphicsStyle
GraphPlot
GraphPlot3D
Gray
GrayLevel
GreatCircleDistance
Greater
GreaterEqual
GreaterEqualLess
GreaterFullEqual
GreaterGreater
GreaterLess
GreaterSlantEqual
GreaterTilde
Green
Grid
GridBaseline
GridBox
GridBoxAlignment
GridBoxBackground
GridBoxDividers
GridBoxFrame
GridBoxItemSize
GridBoxItemStyle
GridBoxOptions
GridBoxSpacings
GridCreationSettings
GridDefaultElement
GridElementStyleOptions
GridFrame
GridFrameMargins
GridLines
GridLinesStyle
GroebnerBasis
GroupPageBreakWithin
Gudermannian
GumbelDistribution
HalfNormalDistribution
HammingDistance
HankelH1
HankelH2
HankelMatrix
HarmonicMean
HarmonicMeanFilter
HarmonicNumber
Hash
HashTable
Haversine
Head
HeadCompose
Heads
HeavisideLambda
HeavisidePi
HeavisideTheta
HeldPart
HelpBrowserLookup
HelpBrowserNotebook
HelpBrowserSettings
HermiteDecomposition
HermiteH
HermitianMatrixQ
HessenbergDecomposition
Hessian
HexadecimalCharacter
HiddenSurface
HilbertMatrix
Histogram
Histogram3D
HitMissTransform
Hold
HoldAll
HoldAllComplete
HoldComplete
HoldFirst
HoldForm
HoldPattern
HoldRest
HomeDirectory
HomePage
Horizontal
HorizontalForm
HorizontalScrollPosition
HornerForm
HTMLSave
Hue
HumpDownHump
HumpEqual
HurwitzLerchPhi
HurwitzZeta
Hyperfactorial
Hypergeometric0F1
Hypergeometric0F1Regularized
Hypergeometric1F1
Hypergeometric1F1Regularized
Hypergeometric2F1
Hypergeometric2F1Regularized
HypergeometricDistribution
HypergeometricPFQ
HypergeometricPFQRegularized
HypergeometricU
Hyperlink
HyperlinkCreationSettings
Hyphenation
HyphenationOptions
Identity
IdentityMatrix
If
IgnoreCase
Im
Image
ImageAdd
ImageAdjust
ImageApply
ImageAssemble
ImageCache
ImageCacheValid
ImageChannels
ImageCompose
ImageConvolve
ImageCorrelate
ImageCrop
ImageData
ImageDimensions
ImageEffect
ImageFilter
ImageHistogram
ImageLevels
ImageMargins
ImageMultiply
ImageOffset
ImagePad
ImagePadding
ImagePartition
ImageQ
ImageRangeCache
ImageReflect
ImageRegion
ImageResize
ImageResolution
ImageReverse
ImageRotate
ImageRotated
ImageScaled
ImageSize
ImageSizeAction
ImageSizeCache
ImageSizeMultipliers
ImageSizeRaw
ImageSubtract
ImageTake
ImageType
Implies
Import
ImportAutoReplacements
ImportString
In
IncludeConstantBasis
IncludeFileExtension
IncludeSingularTerm
Increment
Indent
IndentingNewlineSpacings
IndentMaxFraction
Indeterminate
IndexCreationOptions
IndexTag
Inequality
InexactNumberQ
InexactNumbers
Infinity
Infix
Information
Inherited
InheritScope
Initialization
InitializationCell
InitializationCellEvaluation
InitializationCellWarning
InlineCounterAssignments
InlineCounterIncrements
InlineRules
Inner
Input
InputAliases
InputAutoFormat
InputAutoReplacements
InputField
InputFieldBox
InputFieldBoxOptions
InputForm
InputGrouping
InputNamePacket
InputNotebook
InputPacket
InputSettings
InputStream
InputString
InputStringPacket
InputToBoxFormPacket
Insert
InsertionPointObject
Inset
Inset3DBox
InsetBox
InsetBoxOptions
Install
InstallService
InstallServiceOperation
InString
Integer
IntegerDigits
IntegerExponent
IntegerLength
IntegerPart
IntegerPartitions
IntegerQ
Integers
IntegerString
Integral
Integrate
Interactive
InterestRate
Interlaced
Interleaving
InterpolatingFunction
InterpolatingPolynomial
Interpolation
InterpolationOrder
InterpolationPoints
InterpolationPrecision
Interpretation
InterpretationBox
InterpretationBoxOptions
InterpretationFunction
InterpretTemplate
InterquartileRange
Interrupt
InterruptSettings
Intersection
Interval
IntervalIntersection
IntervalMemberQ
IntervalUnion
Inverse
InverseBetaRegularized
InverseCDF
InverseChiSquareDistribution
InverseEllipticNomeQ
InverseErf
InverseErfc
InverseFourier
InverseFourierCosTransform
InverseFourierSequenceTransform
InverseFourierSinTransform
InverseFourierTransform
InverseFunction
InverseFunctions
InverseGammaDistribution
InverseGammaRegularized
InverseGaussianDistribution
InverseGudermannian
InverseHaversine
InverseJacobiCD
InverseJacobiCN
InverseJacobiCS
InverseJacobiDC
InverseJacobiDN
InverseJacobiDS
InverseJacobiNC
InverseJacobiND
InverseJacobiNS
InverseJacobiSC
InverseJacobiSD
InverseJacobiSN
InverseLaplaceTransform
InverseSeries
InverseWeierstrassP
InverseZTransform
Invisible
InvisibleApplication
InvisibleTimes
InvokeServiceOperation
IrreduciblePolynomialQ
IsolatingInterval
IsotopeData
Italic
Item
ItemAspectRatio
ItemBox
ItemBoxOptions
ItemSize
ItemStyle
JaccardDissimilarity
JacobiAmplitude
Jacobian
JacobiCD
JacobiCN
JacobiCS
JacobiDC
JacobiDN
JacobiDS
JacobiNC
JacobiND
JacobiNS
JacobiP
JacobiSC
JacobiSD
JacobiSN
JacobiSymbol
JacobiZeta
Join
Joined
JoinForm
JordanDecomposition
KelvinBei
KelvinBer
KelvinKei
KelvinKer
KernelObject
Kernels
Khinchin
KleinInvariantJ
KnotData
KroneckerDelta
KroneckerProduct
KroneckerSymbol
Kurtosis
Label
Labeled
LabeledSlider
LabelingFunction
LabelStyle
LaguerreL
LambertW
Language
LanguageCategory
LaplaceDistribution
LaplaceTransform
LaplacianFilter
LaplacianGaussianFilter
Large
Larger
Last
Latitude
LatitudeLongitude
LatticeData
LatticeReduce
Launch
LaunchKernels
LayeredGraphPlot
LayerSizeFunction
LayoutInformation
LCM
LeafCount
LeastSquares
Left
LeftArrow
LeftArrowBar
LeftArrowRightArrow
LeftDownTeeVector
LeftDownVector
LeftDownVectorBar
LeftRightArrow
LeftRightVector
LeftTee
LeftTeeArrow
LeftTeeVector
LeftTriangle
LeftTriangleBar
LeftTriangleEqual
LeftUpDownVector
LeftUpTeeVector
LeftUpVector
LeftUpVectorBar
LeftVector
LeftVectorBar
LegendAppearance
Legended
LegendreP
LegendreQ
LegendreType
Length
LengthWhile
LerchPhi
Less
LessEqual
LessEqualGreater
LessFullEqual
LessGreater
LessLess
LessSlantEqual
LessTilde
LetterCharacter
LetterQ
Level
LeviCivitaTensor
LevyDistribution
Lexicographic
LicenseID
LightBlue
LightBrown
LightCyan
Lighter
LightGray
LightGreen
Lighting
LightingAngle
LightMagenta
LightOrange
LightPink
LightPurple
LightRed
LightSources
LightYellow
Limit
LimitsPositioning
LimitsPositioningTokens
Line
Line3DBox
LinearFilter
LinearFractionalTransform
LinearModelFit
LinearOffsetFunction
LinearProgramming
LinearRecurrence
LinearSolve
LinearSolveFunction
LineBox
LineBreak
LinebreakAdjustments
LineBreakWithin
LineForm
LineIndent
LineIndentMaxFraction
LineIntegralConvolutionPlot
LineIntegralConvolutionScale
LineSpacing
LineWrapParts
LinkActivate
LinkClose
LinkConnect
LinkConnectedQ
LinkCreate
LinkError
LinkFlush
LinkFunction
LinkHost
LinkInterrupt
LinkLaunch
LinkMode
LinkObject
LinkOpen
LinkOptions
LinkPatterns
LinkProtocol
LinkRead
LinkReadHeld
LinkReadyQ
Links
LinkWrite
LinkWriteHeld
LiouvilleLambda
List
Listable
ListAnimate
ListContourPlot
ListContourPlot3D
ListConvolve
LongestCommonSubsequence
LongestMatch
LongForm
Longitude
LongLeftArrow
LongLeftRightArrow
LongRightArrow
Loopback
LowerCaseQ
LowerLeftArrow
LowerRightArrow
LowerTriangularize
LUBackSubstitution
LucasL
LUDecomposition
MachineID
MachineName
MachineNumberQ
MachinePrecision
MacintoshSystemPageSetup
Magenta
Magnification
Magnify
MainSolve
MaintainDynamicCaches
Majority
MakeBoxes
MakeExpression
MakeRules
MangoldtLambda
ManhattanDistance
Manipulate
Manipulator
MantissaExponent
Manual
Map
MapAll
MapAt
MapIndexed
MapThread
MatchingDissimilarity
MatchLocalNameQ
MatchLocalNames
MatchQ
MathematicaNotation
MathieuC
MathieuCharacteristicA
MathieuCharacteristicB
MathieuCharacteristicExponent
MathieuCPrime
MathieuS
MathieuSPrime
MathMLForm
MathMLText
MatrixExp
MatrixForm
MatrixPlot
MatrixPower
MatrixQ
MatrixRank
Max
MaxBend
MaxFilter
Maximize
MaxIterations
MaxMemoryUsed
MaxPlotPoints
MaxPoints
MaxRecursion
MaxStepFraction
MaxSteps
MaxStepSize
MaxValue
MaxwellDistribution
Mean
MeanDeviation
MeanFilter
Median
MedianDeviation
MedianFilter
Medium
MeijerG
MemberQ
MemoryConstrained
MemoryInUse
MenuAppearance
MenuItem
MenuPacket
MenuView
MergeDifferences
Mesh
MeshFunctions
MeshRange
MeshShading
MeshStyle
Message
MessageDialog
MessageList
MessageName
MessageOptions
MessagePacket
Messages
MessagesNotebook
MetaCharacters
Method
MethodOptions
Min
MinFilter
MinimalPolynomial
Minimize
Minors
MinRecursion
MinSize
Minus
MinusPlus
MinValue
Missing
Mod
Modal
Mode
Modular
ModularLambda
Module
Modulus
MoebiusMu
Momentary
Monitor
MonomialList
MonomialOrder
MorphologicalComponents
MorphologicalEulerNumber
MorphologicalPerimeter
Most
MouseAnnotation
MouseButtons
Mouseover
MousePointerNote
MousePosition
MovingAverage
MovingMedian
MultiedgeStyle
MultilaunchWarning
MultiLetterItalics
MultiLetterStyle
MultilineFunction
Multinomial
MultiplicativeOrder
Multiplicity
NameQ
Names
Nand
NArgMax
NArgMin
NBernoulliB
NCache
NDSolve
Nearest
NearestFunction
NeedCurrentFrontEndPackagePacket
NeedCurrentFrontEndSymbolsPacket
NeedlemanWunschSimilarity
Needs
Negative
NegativeBinomialDistribution
Nest
NestedGreaterGreater
NestedLessLess
NestedScriptRules
NestList
NestWhile
NestWhileList
NevilleThetaC
NevilleThetaD
NevilleThetaN
NevilleThetaS
Next
NextPrime
NHoldAll
NHoldFirst
NHoldRest
NIntegrate
NMaximize
NMaxValue
NMinimize
NMinValue
NominalInterestRate
NominalVariables
NonAssociative
NoncentralChiSquareDistribution
NoncentralFRatioDistribution
NoncentralStudentTDistribution
NonCommutativeMultiply
NonConstants
None
NonlinearModelFit
NonNegative
NonPositive
Nor
NorlundB
Norm
Normal
NormalDistribution
NormalGrouping
Normalize
NormalsFunction
NormFunction
Not
NotCongruent
NotCupCap
NotDoubleVerticalBar
Notebook
NotebookApply
NotebookAutoSave
NotebookClose
NotebookConvertSettings
NotebookCreate
NotebookCreateReturnObject
NotebookDefault
NotebookDelete
NotebookDirectory
NotebookDynamicExpression
NotebookEventActions
NotebookFileName
NotebookFind
NotebookFindReturnObject
NotebookGet
NotebookGetLayoutInformationPacket
NotebookGetMisspellingsPacket
NotebookInformation
NotebookInterfaceObject
NotebookLocate
NotebookObject
NotebookOpen
NotebookOpenReturnObject
NotebookPath
NotebookPrint
NotebookPut
NotebookPutReturnObject
NotebookRead
NotebookResetGeneratedCells
Notebooks
NotebookSave
NotebookSaveAs
NotebookSelection
NotebookSetupLayoutInformationPacket
NotebooksMenu
NotebookWrite
NotElement
NotEqualTilde
NotExists
NotGreater
NotGreaterEqual
NotGreaterFullEqual
NotGreaterGreater
NotGreaterLess
NotGreaterSlantEqual
NotGreaterTilde
NotHumpDownHump
NotHumpEqual
NotLeftTriangle
NotLeftTriangleBar
NotLeftTriangleEqual
NotLess
NotLessEqual
NotLessFullEqual
NotLessGreater
NotLessLess
NotLessSlantEqual
NotLessTilde
NotNestedGreaterGreater
NotNestedLessLess
NotPrecedes
NotPrecedesEqual
NotPrecedesSlantEqual
NotPrecedesTilde
NotReverseElement
NotRightTriangle
NotRightTriangleBar
NotRightTriangleEqual
NotSquareSubset
NotSquareSubsetEqual
NotSquareSuperset
NotSquareSupersetEqual
NotSubset
NotSubsetEqual
NotSucceeds
NotSucceedsEqual
NotSucceedsSlantEqual
NotSucceedsTilde
NotSuperset
NotSupersetEqual
NotTilde
NotTildeEqual
NotTildeFullEqual
NotTildeTilde
NotVerticalBar
NProduct
NProductFactors
NRoots
NSolve
NSum
NSumTerms
Null
NullRecords
NullSpace
NullWords
Number
NumberFieldClassNumber
NumberFieldDiscriminant
NumberFieldFundamentalUnits
NumberFieldIntegralBasis
NumberFieldNormRepresentatives
NumberFieldRegulator
NumberFieldRootsOfUnity
NumberFieldSignature
NumberForm
NumberFormat
NumberMarks
NumberMultiplier
NumberPadding
NumberPoint
NumberQ
NumberSeparator
NumberSigns
NumberString
Numerator
NumericFunction
NumericQ
NValues
OddQ
Off
Offset
OLEData
On
OneIdentity
Opacity
Open
OpenAppend
Opener
OpenerBox
OpenerBoxOptions
OpenerView
OpenFunctionInspectorPacket
Opening
OpenRead
OpenSpecialOptions
OpenTemporary
OpenWrite
Operate
OperatingSystem
Optional
OptionInspectorSettings
OptionQ
OptionsPacket
OptionsPattern
OptionValue
OptionValueBox
OptionValueBoxOptions
Or
Orange
Order
OrderedQ
Ordering
Orderless
Orthogonalize
Out
Outer
OutputAutoOverwrite
OutputForm
OutputFormData
OutputGrouping
OutputMathEditExpression
OutputNamePacket
OutputSizeLimit
OutputStream
Over
OverBar
OverDot
Overflow
OverHat
Overlaps
Overscript
OverscriptBox
OverscriptBoxOptions
OverTilde
OverVector
OwnValues
PackingMethod
PackPaclet
Paclet
PacletCheckUpdate
PacletDirectoryAdd
PacletDirectoryRemove
PacletDisable
PacletEnable
PacletFind
PacletFindRemote
PacletInformation
PacletInstall
PacletInstallQueued
PacletManager
PacletManagerEnabled
PacletNewerQ
PacletResource
PacletSetLoading
PacletSite
PacletSiteAdd
PacletSiteRemove
PacletSiteRename
PacletSites
PacletSiteUpdate
PacletUninstall
PacletUpdate
PaddedForm
Padding
PadeApproximant
PadLeft
PadRight
PageBreakAbove
PageBreakBelow
PageBreakWithin
PageFooterLines
PageFooters
PageHeaderLines
PageHeaders
PageHeight
PageWidth
PaletteNotebook
PalettePath
Pane
PaneBox
PaneBoxOptions
Panel
PanelBox
PanelBoxOptions
Paneled
PaneSelector
PaneSelectorBox
PaneSelectorBoxOptions
PaperWidth
ParabolicCylinderD
ParagraphIndent
ParagraphSpacing
ParallelArray
ParallelCombine
ParallelDo
ParallelEvaluate
Parallelize
ParallelMap
ParallelNeeds
ParallelProduct
ParallelSubmit
ParallelSum
ParallelTable
ParallelTry
Parameter
ParameterVariables
ParametricPlot
ParametricPlot3D
ParentConnect
ParentDirectory
ParentForm
Parenthesize
ParentList
ParetoDistribution
Part
PartialD
ParticleData
Partition
PartitionsP
PartitionsQ
PassEventsDown
PassEventsUp
PasteBoxFormInlineCells
PasteButton
Path
Pattern
PatternSequence
PatternTest
PauliMatrix
Pause
PausedTime
PDF
PerformanceGoal
PeriodicInterpolation
Permutations
Pi
Pick
Piecewise
PiecewiseExpand
PieChart
PieChart3D
Pink
Pivoting
PixelConstrained
Placed
Placeholder
Plain
Play
PlayRange
Plot
Plot3D
Plot3Matrix
PlotDivision
PlotJoined
PlotLabel
PlotMarkers
PlotPoints
PlotRange
PlotRangeClipping
PlotRangePadding
PlotRegion
PlotStyle
Plus
PlusMinus
Pochhammer
Point
Point3DBox
PointBox
PointForm
PointSize
PoissonDistribution
PolarAxes
PolarAxesOrigin
PolarGridLines
PolarPlot
PolarTicks
PolyGamma
Polygon
Polygon3DBox
Polygon3DBoxOptions
PolygonBox
PolygonBoxOptions
PolygonHoleScale
PolygonIntersections
PolygonScale
PolyhedronData
PolyLog
PolynomialExtendedGCD
PolynomialForm
PolynomialGCD
PolynomialLCM
PolynomialMod
PolynomialQ
PolynomialQuotient
PolynomialQuotientRemainder
PolynomialReduce
PolynomialRemainder
Polynomials
PopupMenu
PopupMenuBox
PopupMenuBoxOptions
PopupView
PopupWindow
Position
Positive
PositiveDefiniteMatrixQ
PossibleZeroQ
Postfix
PostScript
Power
PowerExpand
PowerMod
PowerModList
PowersRepresentations
Precedence
PrecedenceForm
Precedes
PrecedesEqual
PrecedesSlantEqual
PrecedesTilde
Precision
PrecisionGoal
PreDecrement
PreemptProtect
PreferencesPath
Prefix
PreIncrement
Prepend
PrependTo
PresentValue
PresentValueList
PreserveImageOptions
Previous
PrimaryPlaceholder
Prime
PrimeNu
PrimeOmega
PrimePi
PrimePowerQ
PrimeQ
Primes
PrimeZetaP
PrimitiveRoot
PrincipalValue
Print
PrintAction
PrintForm
PrintingCopies
PrintingOptions
PrintingPageRange
PrintingStartingPageNumber
PrintingStyleEnvironment
PrintPrecision
PrintTemporary
PrivateCellOptions
PrivateEvaluationOptions
PrivateFontOptions
PrivateNotebookOptions
PrivatePaths
ProbitModelFit
Product
ProductLog
ProgressIndicator
ProgressIndicatorBox
ProgressIndicatorBoxOptions
Projection
Prolog
PromptForm
Proportion
Proportional
Protect
Protected
ProteinData
PseudoInverse
Purple
Put
PutAppend
QBinomial
QFactorial
QGamma
QHypergeometricPFQ
QPochhammer
QPolyGamma
QRDecomposition
QuadraticIrrationalQ
Quantile
Quartics
QuartileDeviation
Quartiles
QuartileSkewness
Quiet
Quit
Quotient
QuotientRemainder
RadicalBox
RadicalBoxOptions
RadioButton
RadioButtonBar
RadioButtonBox
RadioButtonBoxOptions
RamanujanTau
RamanujanTauL
RamanujanTauTheta
RamanujanTauZ
Random
RandomChoice
RandomComplex
RandomInteger
RandomPrime
RandomReal
RandomSample
RandomSeed
Range
RangeSpecification
Raster
RasterArray
RasterBox
RasterBoxOptions
Rasterize
RasterSize
Rational
RationalFunctions
Rationalize
Rationals
Ratios
Raw
RawBoxes
RawData
RawMedium
RayleighDistribution
Re
Read
ReadList
ReadProtected
Real
RealBlockDiagonalForm
RealDigits
RealExponent
Reals
Reap
RebuildPacletData
Record
RecordLists
RecordSeparators
Rectangle
RectangleBox
RectangleChart
RectangleChart3D
RecurrenceTable
RecurringDigitsForm
Red
Reduce
Refine
ReflectionMatrix
ReflectionTransform
Refresh
RefreshRate
RegionFunction
RegionPlot
RegionPlot3D
RegularExpression
Regularization
RegularPayment
Reinstall
Release
ReleaseHold
ReliefPlot
Remove
Removed
RenameDirectory
RenameFile
RenderAll
RenderingOptions
Repeated
RepeatedNull
RepeatedString
Replace
ReplaceAll
ReplaceHeldPart
ReplaceList
ReplacePart
ReplaceRepeated
Rescale
RescalingTransform
ResetDirectory
ResetMenusPacket
Residue
Resolve
Rest
RestartPacletManager
Resultant
ResumePacket
Return
ReturnExpressionPacket
ReturnInputFormPacket
ReturnPacket
ReturnTextPacket
Reverse
ReverseElement
ReverseEquilibrium
ReverseUpEquilibrium
RevolutionAxis
RevolutionPlot3D
RGBColor
RiemannR
RiemannSiegelTheta
RiemannSiegelZ
Riffle
Right
RightArrow
RightArrowBar
RightArrowLeftArrow
RightDownTeeVector
RightDownVector
RightDownVectorBar
RightTee
RightTeeArrow
RightTeeVector
RightTriangle
RightTriangleBar
RightTriangleEqual
RightUpDownVector
RightUpTeeVector
RightUpVector
RightUpVectorBar
RightVector
RightVectorBar
RogersTanimotoDissimilarity
Root
RootApproximant
RootIntervals
RootMeanSquare
RootOfUnityQ
RootReduce
Roots
RootSum
Rotate
RotateLabel
RotateLeft
RotateRight
RotationAction
RotationBox
RotationBoxOptions
RotationMatrix
RotationTransform
Round
RoundImplies
RoundingRadius
Row
RowAlignments
RowBackgrounds
RowBox
RowHeights
RowLines
RowMinHeight
RowReduce
RowsEqual
RowSpacings
RSolve
Rule
RuleCondition
RuleDelayed
RuleForm
RulerUnits
Run
RunThrough
RussellRaoDissimilarity
SameQ
SameTest
SampleDepth
SampledSoundFunction
SampledSoundList
SampleRate
SatisfiabilityCount
SatisfiabilityInstances
SatisfiableQ
Save
Saveable
SaveAutoDelete
SaveDefinitions
SawtoothWave
Scale
Scaled
ScaledMousePosition
ScalingMatrix
ScalingTransform
Scan
SchurDecomposition
ScientificForm
ScreenRectangle
ScreenStyleEnvironment
ScriptBaselineShifts
ScriptLevel
ScriptMinSize
ScriptRules
ScriptSizeMultipliers
Scrollbars
ScrollingOptions
ScrollPosition
Sec
Sech
SectionGrouping
SectorChart
SectorChart3D
SectorOrigin
SectorSpacing
SeedRandom
Select
Selectable
SelectedNotebook
Selection
SelectionAnimate
SelectionCell
SelectionCellCreateCell
SelectionCellDefaultStyle
SelectionCellParentStyle
SelectionCreateCell
SelectionDuplicateCell
SelectionEvaluate
SelectionEvaluateCreateCell
SelectionMove
SelectionPlaceholder
SelectionSetStyle
SelfLoopStyle
SemialgebraicComponentInstances
SendFontInformationToKernel
SendMail
Sequence
SequenceAlignment
SequenceForm
SequenceHold
SequenceLimit
Series
SeriesCoefficient
SeriesData
SessionTime
Set
SetAccuracy
SetAttributes
Setbacks
SetBoxFormNamesPacket
SetDelayed
SetDirectory
SetEvaluationNotebook
SetFileDate
SetFileLoadingContext
SetInternetProxy
SetInternetProxyCredentials
SetNotebookStatusLine
SetOptions
SetOptionsPacket
SetPersistentFrontEnd
SetPrecision
SetSelectedNotebook
SetSharedFunction
SetSharedVariable
SetSpeechParametersPacket
SetStreamPosition
SetSystemOptions
Setter
SetterBar
SetterBox
SetterBoxOptions
Setting
SetValue
Shading
Shallow
Share
Sharpen
ShearingMatrix
ShearingTransform
Short
ShortDownArrow
Shortest
ShortestMatch
ShortLeftArrow
ShortRightArrow
ShortUpArrow
Show
ShowAutoStyles
ShowCellBracket
ShowCellLabel
ShowCellTags
ShowClosedCellArea
ShowContents
ShowControls
ShowCursorTracker
ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon
ShowGroupOpener
ShowInvisibleCharacters
ShowPageBreaks
ShowSelection
ShowShortBoxForm
ShowSpecialCharacters
ShowStringCharacters
ShowSyntaxStyles
ShrinkingDelay
ShrinkWrapBoundingBox
SiegelTheta
Sign
Signature
SignPadding
SimilarityRules
Simplify
Sin
Sinc
SingleEvaluation
SingleLetterItalics
SingleLetterStyle
SingularValueDecomposition
SingularValueList
SingularValues
Sinh
SinhIntegral
SinIntegral
SixJSymbol
Skeleton
Skewness
Skip
Slider
Slider2D
Slider2DBox
Slider2DBoxOptions
SliderBox
SliderBoxOptions
SlideView
Slot
SlotSequence
Small
SmallCircle
Smaller
SmithWatermanSimilarity
Socket
SokalSneathDissimilarity
Solve
SolveAlways
SolveDelayed
Sort
SortBy
Sound
SoundAndGraphics
SoundNote
SoundVolume
Sow
Space
SpaceForm
Spacer
Spacings
Span
SpanAdjustments
SpanCharacterRounding
SpanFromAbove
SpanFromBoth
SpanFromLeft
SpanLineThickness
SpanMaxSize
SpanMinSize
SpanningCharacters
SpanSymmetric
SparseArray
Speak
SpeakTextPacket
Specularity
SpellingCorrection
SpellingDictionaries
SpellingDictionariesPath
SpellingOptions
SpellingSuggestionsPacket
Sphere
SphereBox
SphericalBesselJ
SphericalBesselY
SphericalHankelH1
SphericalHankelH2
SphericalHarmonicY
SphericalPlot3D
SphericalRegion
SpheroidalEigenvalue
SpheroidalJoiningFactor
SpheroidalPS
SpheroidalPSPrime
SpheroidalQS
SpheroidalQSPrime
SpheroidalRadialFactor
SpheroidalS1
SpheroidalS1Prime
SpheroidalS2
SpheroidalS2Prime
Splice
SplineClosed
SplineDegree
SplineKnots
SplineWeights
Split
SplitBy
SpokenString
Sqrt
SqrtBox
SqrtBoxOptions
Square
SquaredEuclideanDistance
SquareFreeQ
SquareIntersection
SquaresR
SquareSubset
SquareSubsetEqual
SquareSuperset
SquareSupersetEqual
SquareUnion
SquareWave
Stack
StackBegin
StackComplete
StackInhibit
StandardDeviation
StandardDeviationFilter
StandardForm
Standardize
Star
StartingStepSize
StartOfLine
StartOfString
StartupSound
StatusArea
StepMonitor
StieltjesGamma
StirlingS1
StirlingS2
StreamColorFunction
StreamColorFunctionScaling
StreamDensityPlot
StreamPlot
StreamPoints
StreamPosition
Streams
StreamScale
StreamStyle
String
StringBreak
StringByteCount
StringCases
StringCount
StringDrop
StringExpression
StringForm
StringFormat
StringFreeQ
StringInsert
StringJoin
StringLength
StringMatchQ
StringPosition
StringQ
StringReplace
StringReplaceList
StringReplacePart
StringReverse
StringSkeleton
StringSplit
StringTake
StringToStream
StringTrim
StripBoxes
StripOnInput
StripWrapperBoxes
StructuredSelection
StruveH
StruveL
Stub
StudentTDistribution
Style
StyleBox
StyleBoxAutoDelete
StyleBoxOptions
StyleData
StyleDefinitions
StyleForm
StyleMenuListing
StyleNameDialogSettings
StylePrint
StyleSheetPath
Subfactorial
SubMinus
SubPlus
Subresultants
Subscript
SubscriptBox
SubscriptBoxOptions
Subscripted
Subset
SubsetEqual
Subsets
SubStar
Subsuperscript
SubsuperscriptBox
SubsuperscriptBoxOptions
Subtract
SubtractFrom
SubValues
Succeeds
SucceedsEqual
SucceedsSlantEqual
SucceedsTilde
SuchThat
Sum
SumConvergence
SuperDagger
SuperMinus
SuperPlus
Superscript
SuperscriptBox
SuperscriptBoxOptions
Superset
SupersetEqual
SuperStar
SurfaceColor
SurfaceGraphics
SuspendPacket
Switch
Symbol
SymbolName
SymmetricMatrixQ
SymmetricPolynomial
SymmetricReduction
SynchronousInitialization
SynchronousUpdating
Syntax
SyntaxForm
SyntaxInformation
SyntaxLength
SyntaxPacket
SyntaxQ
SystemDialogInput
SystemException
SystemHelpPath
SystemInformation
SystemInformationData
SystemOpen
SystemOptions
SystemStub
Tab
TabFilling
Table
TableAlignments
TableDepth
TableDirections
TableForm
TableHeadings
TableSpacing
TableView
TabSpacings
TabView
TabViewBox
TabViewBoxOptions
TagBox
TagBoxNote
TagBoxOptions
TaggingRules
TagSet
TagSetDelayed
TagStyle
TagUnset
Take
TakeWhile
Tally
Tan
Tanh
TargetFunctions
TautologyQ
TemplateBox
TemplateBoxOptions
Temporary
TemporaryVariable
TensorQ
TensorRank
TeXForm
TeXSave
Text
Text3DBox
Text3DBoxOptions
TextAlignment
TextBand
TextBoundingBox
TextBox
TextCell
TextClipboardType
TextData
TextForm
TextJustification
TextLine
TextPacket
TextParagraph
TextRendering
TextStyle
Therefore
Thick
Thickness
Thin
ThisLink
Thread
ThreeJSymbol
Through
Throw
Thumbnail
Ticks
TicksStyle
Tilde
TildeEqual
TildeFullEqual
TildeTilde
TimeConstrained
TimeConstraint
Times
TimesBy
TimeUsed
TimeZone
Timing
Tiny
TitleGrouping
ToBoxes
ToCharacterCode
ToColor
ToDate
ToeplitzMatrix
ToExpression
ToFileName
Together
Toggle
ToggleFalse
Toggler
TogglerBar
TogglerBox
TogglerBoxOptions
ToHeldExpression
TokenWords
Tolerance
ToLowerCase
ToNumberField
TooBig
Tooltip
TooltipBox
TooltipBoxOptions
TooltipDelay
Top
TopHatTransform
ToRadicals
ToRules
ToServiceRequest
ToString
Total
TotalHeight
TotalWidth
ToUpperCase
Tr
Trace
TraceAbove
TraceAction
TraceBackward
TraceDepth
TraceDialog
TraceForward
TraceInternal
TraceLevel
TraceOff
TraceOn
TraceOriginal
TracePrint
TraceScan
TrackedSymbols
TraditionalForm
TraditionalFunctionNotation
TraditionalNotation
TraditionalOrder
TransformationFunction
TransformationFunctions
TransformationMatrix
Translate
TranslationTransform
Transparent
TransparentColor
Transpose
TreeForm
TreePlot
TriangleWave
TriangularDistribution
Trig
TrigExpand
TrigFactor
TrigFactorList
Trigger
TrigReduce
TrigToExp
TrimmedMean
True
TrueQ
Tube
TubeBezierCurveBox
TubeBezierCurveBoxOptions
TubeBox
TubeBSplineCurveBox
TubeBSplineCurveBoxOptions
Tuples
TuringMachine
UnAlias
Uncompress
UnderBar
Underflow
Underlined
Underoverscript
UnderoverscriptBox
UnderoverscriptBoxOptions
Underscript
UnderscriptBox
UnderscriptBoxOptions
UndocumentedTestFEParserPacket
UndocumentedTestGetSelectionPacket
Unequal
Unevaluated
UniformDistribution
Uninstall
Union
UnionPlus
Unique
UnitBox
Unitize
UnitStep
UnitTriangle
UnitVector
UnpackPaclet
Unprotect
UnsameQ
UnsavedVariables
Unset
UnsetShared
UntrackedVariables
Up
UpArrow
UpArrowBar
UpArrowDownArrow
Update
UpdateInterval
UpDownArrow
UpEquilibrium
UpperCaseQ
UpperLeftArrow
UpperRightArrow
UpperTriangularize
UpSet
UpSetDelayed
UpTee
UpTeeArrow
UpValues
URL
UseGraphicsRange
UseInternetProxy
Using
UsingFrontEnd
V2Get
ValidationLength
Value
ValueBox
ValueBoxOptions
ValueForm
ValueQ
ValuesData
Variables
Variance
VarianceEstimatorFunction
VectorAngle
VectorColorFunction
VectorColorFunctionScaling
VectorDensityPlot
VectorGlyphData
VectorPlot
VectorPlot3D
VectorPoints
VectorQ
VectorScale
VectorStyle
Vee
Verbatim
Verbose
VerboseConvertToPostScriptPacket
VerifyConvergence
VerifySolutions
Version
VersionNumber
VertexColors
VertexCoordinateRules
VertexLabeling
VertexNormals
VertexRenderingFunction
Vertical
VerticalBar
VerticalForm
VerticalSeparator
VerticalSlider
VerticalTilde
ViewAngle
ViewCenter
ViewMatrix
ViewPoint
ViewPointSelectorSettings
ViewPort
ViewRange
ViewVector
ViewVertical
VirtualGroupData
Visible
VisibleCell
WaitAll
WaitNext
WaitUntil
WeatherData
WeberE
Wedge
WeibullDistribution
WeierstrassHalfPeriods
WeierstrassInvariants
WeierstrassP
WeierstrassPPrime
WeierstrassSigma
WeierstrassZeta
Weights
Which
While
White
Whitespace
WhitespaceCharacter
WhittakerM
WhittakerW
WindowClickSelect
WindowElements
WindowFloating
WindowFrame
WindowFrameElements
WindowMargins
WindowMovable
WindowOpacity
WindowSelected
WindowSize
WindowStatusArea
WindowTitle
WindowToolbars
WindowWidth
With
Word
WordBoundary
WordCharacter
WordData
WordSearch
WordSeparators
WorkingPrecision
Write
WriteString
Wronskian
XMLElement
XMLObject
Xnor
Xor
Yellow
YuleDissimilarity
ZernikeR
ZeroTest
ZeroWidthTimes
Zeta
ZetaZero
ZipfDistribution
ZTransform

That would be a huge table, but would be useful.

Nathan O'Treally

May 15, 2010, 3:03:20 PM5/15/10
to sage-devel
On 15 Mai, 19:52, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> I think the biggest thing this proves is just how poorly that NIST table was put
> together.

Ask them for founding a better one compiled by you... ;-)

> I think a huge table of Mathematica/MATLAB/Sage/Magma equivalent functions would
> be useful.

Especially for people who want to use Sage and are already familiar
with Mathematica/MATLAB/...

> Anyone want to find the Sage equivalents of this lot?
>
> Abort
> AbortKernels
> AbortProtect
> Above
> Abs
[SNIP]

8D 8D 8D

I think we [you?] could omit some of those...

-Leif

Dr. David Kirkby

May 15, 2010, 3:21:36 PM5/15/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 05/15/10 08:03 PM, Nathan O'Treally wrote:
> On 15 Mai, 19:52, "Dr. David Kirkby"<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
>> I think the biggest thing this proves is just how poorly that NIST table was put
>> together.
>
> Ask them for founding a better one compiled by you... ;-)

Not quite sure I follow that.

>> I think a huge table of Mathematica/MATLAB/Sage/Magma equivalent functions would
>> be useful.
>
> Especially for people who want to use Sage and are already familiar
> with Mathematica/MATLAB/...

Yes. It would be useful to convert ones Mathematica documents to Sage. Whilst I
think it is impractical to make a Mathematica->Sage converter, listing the Sage
equivalents, or how one might achieve something remotely similar, would be very
useful.

>> Anyone want to find the Sage equivalents of this lot?
>>
>> Abort
>> AbortKernels
>> AbortProtect
>> Above
>> Abs
> [SNIP]
>
> 8D 8D 8D
>
> I think we [you?] could omit some of those...
>
> -Leif

I don't know how practical it would be to add that lot to a Wiki in an automated
fashion. For the MMA functions, it might be possible to automatically generate
the links to the Wolfram Web site.

Nathan O'Treally

May 15, 2010, 4:02:55 PM5/15/10
to sage-devel
On 15 Mai, 21:21, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> On 05/15/10 08:03 PM, Nathan O'Treally wrote:
> >> I think a huge table of Mathematica/MATLAB/Sage/Magma equivalent functions would
> >> be useful.
>
> > Especially for people who want to use Sage and are already familiar
> > with Mathematica/MATLAB/...
>
> Yes. It would be useful to convert ones Mathematica documents to Sage. Whilst I
> think it is impractical to make a Mathematica->Sage converter, listing the Sage
> equivalents, or how one might achieve something remotely similar, would be very
> useful.

At least it wouldn't be bad to have search_fun() or search_mma_fun()
(that also solves the prefix problem in tab completion).

I'd like to have "sage: apropos ..." (that's more "powerful" than
search_doc/search_def/search_src) and perhaps also "sage: which ..." .

Explicitly adding keywords to docstrings would simplify something like
"apropos"; some functions might e.g. have a ":mathematica-equivalent:"
field, too...

But don't ask me to provide such. ;-)

-Leif

William Stein

May 15, 2010, 4:04:17 PM5/15/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It would be useful to have a page like this excellent page:

http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users

William
--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

Dr. David Kirkby

May 16, 2010, 6:03:56 AM5/16/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 05/15/10 09:04 PM, William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be useful to have a page like this excellent page:
>
> http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users
>
> William

That is very impressive.

dave

Jason Grout

May 17, 2010, 10:08:39 AM5/17/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 5/15/10 3:04 PM, William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be useful to have a page like this excellent page:
>
> http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users

Here is a start for graph theory:

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/GraphTheoryRoadmap

(or an earlier version in table form:
http://wiki.sagemath.org/CombinatoricaCompare )

Thanks,

Jason

David Joyner

May 17, 2010, 10:29:15 AM5/17/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Jason Grout
<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 5/15/10 3:04 PM, William Stein wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It would be useful to have a page like this excellent page:
>>
>>     http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users
>

> Here is a start for graph theory:
>

> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/GraphTheoryRoadmap
>
> (or an earlier version in table form:
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/CombinatoricaCompare )

Wow, both of these are pretty impressive!