Errors accessing SageCell from localhost

Ingo Dahn

Jun 26, 2022, 6:23:00 AM6/26/22
to sage-cell
SageCellErrorMessage.png
I am getting these errors when calling SageCell from within my local developmental environment. When I deploy the system to a server, the code is working as expected, so this is not absolutely critical, it just slows down testing quite a bit.
Can I avoid this on my side?

Rob Beezer

Jun 26, 2022, 5:23:06 PM6/26/22
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Tom Judson was reporting a similar problem this morning.

Same symptoms, but nothing too concrete like a console warning to pass along.

He may have decided it was only on Safari (and not on Chrome).

https://groups.google.com/g/pretext-dev/c/HREb5TJrYo0/m/ihtMF4psBgAJ

Rob
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cell/a186a357-dfa1-409b-ab91-80b20e628614n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cell/a186a357-dfa1-409b-ab91-80b20e628614n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ingo Dahn

Jun 27, 2022, 3:19:08 AM6/27/22
to sage-cell
I got the error using edge on Win11 with the Vue framework. I observe that it is working ok with Chrome on the same system, so it is a minor priority problem for me. This indicates to me that it can be solved only on the SageCell server side.

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jun 27, 2022, 11:57:55 PM6/27/22
to sage-cell
Is this a new issue that didn't exist before, or you just were not trying such operations before?

I will add those headers tomorrow to see what happens...

Ingo Dahn

Jun 28, 2022, 6:08:13 AM6/28/22
to sage-cell
I noted this for the first time June 5th during a small experiment to develop a Vue component with linked cells created on demand. I didn't try this before.
Note that accessing SageCell from a local computer with Edge, running a local page generated by the NotebookPlayer, works fine.

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jun 28, 2022, 6:26:14 PM6/28/22
to sage-cell
Can you please test the problem case and report if there are any changes? I have added Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-CSRF-Token but I am a bit confused by different spelling.

Ingo Dahn

Jun 30, 2022, 7:50:33 AM6/30/22
to sage-cell
No change yet. This is the error message on the edge console, saying x-xsrftoken.
Screenshot 2022-06-30 134905.png

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jul 4, 2022, 1:46:03 PM7/4/22
to sage-cell
How about now? I've changed the name to X-XSRFToken

Ingo Dahn

Jul 4, 2022, 3:47:14 PM7/4/22
to sage-cell
Yeah!! It is now also working with Edge. Thanks!