Viewing on the Local Server.

Thomas Judson

Jun 26, 2022, 6:44:24 AM6/26/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Sage cells and Sage interacts seem to work fine on the posted version of the ODE Project (see http://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/odeproject.html) even in Safari.  When building and trying to view the HTML version with the CLI (http://localhost:8000), I have an error and some warnings, which may or may not create problems.  I can view everything correctly on Chrome, but there are problems with Sage cells and Sage interacts on Safari.  I am running version 0.7.7.

Tom

Now generating preview images for interactives

warning: In order to generate interactive into formats [], you must have pageres installed, but this appears to be missing or configured incorrectly in pretext.ptx

creating interactive previews from /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/main.ptx for placement in /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/generated-assets/preview
XSL conversion of /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/main.ptx by /Users/twjudson1/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/pretext/static/xsl/extract-interactive.xsl
comprehensive messages, warnings, and errors:
successful application of /Users/twjudson1/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/pretext/static/xsl/extract-interactive.xsl
error: Failed to generate interactive element previews. Check debug log for info.
warning: Continuing...
Note: No video@youtube elements found.
Note: No program elements using codelens found.
Preparing to build into /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/output/html.

Now building HTML into /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/output/html

discovering source file's directory name: /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source
verifying and expanding input directory: /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/../generated-assets
input directory expanded to absolute path: /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/generated-assets
verifying and expanding input directory: /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/../assets
input directory expanded to absolute path: /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/assets
converting /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/main.ptx to HTML in /var/folders/h4/88gnsbw51ws6p6p88ppk4tym0000gn/T/tmpwytlmvwd
XSL conversion of /Users/twjudson1/Documents/books/odeproject-public/source/main.ptx by /Users/twjudson1/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/pretext/static/xsl/pretext-html.xsl
comprehensive messages, warnings, and errors:
successful application of /Users/twjudson1/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/pretext/static/xsl/pretext-html.xsl

Success! Run `pretext view html` to see the results.

macbook-pro-1:odeproject-public twjudson1$

Steven Clontz

Jun 26, 2022, 7:46:43 AM6/26/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Is http://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/systems02.html#systems02-subsection-sage-direction-fields a specific example?

My theory was that http/https might be the issue since the pretext view server is unsecured. But https://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/systems02.html#systems02-subsection-sage-direction-fields seems to behave exactly the same.

Thomas Judson

Jun 26, 2022, 10:34:49 AM6/26/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
I think that the problem is Safari.  Thinking back, I had a similar issue once before.  You might encourage people to use Chrome.

Thomas Shemanske

Jun 27, 2022, 10:33:41 AM6/27/22
to PreTeXt development
There may be something else going on.

I too am having some issues with sage cells rendering output (on chrome).  I rebuilt the pages with pretext-CLI 0.7.7, and if I pull them up myself on my localhost apache server, the sage cells work fine.  If I use `pretext view web` and use localhost:8000, the sage cells will not return output and the little spinning icon displays.  At first I thought this might be a firewall issue, but after disabling it, the sage cells still would not render,, so it is something else.

Happy to try other ideas.  Certainly hardly a big issue for me, but not everyone hosts their own webserver.

Tom

Rob Beezer

Jun 27, 2022, 11:01:43 AM6/27/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
There is a similar report on the "sage-cell" Google Group where I added Tom J's report.
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/AD7C2A9C-3E1C-46D5-97E3-97891D892CE0%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>

>> --

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/CAOWT6Ti3Jq8pJCZMUMF-mwyO_s%2BR5fuA-%2BSmnYSzb9zLq8ieBQ%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/CAOWT6Ti3Jq8pJCZMUMF-mwyO_s%2BR5fuA-%2BSmnYSzb9zLq8ieBQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

Steven Clontz

Jun 27, 2022, 11:01:46 AM6/27/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
What port is your local Apache webserver using?

Thomas R. Shemanske

Jun 27, 2022, 11:11:34 AM6/27/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Local Apache listens on both 80 and 443

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PreTeXt development" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/CAOWT6Tjb-WMAomR%2BMgG59%2Bw1QBUa47EkEcrf5pwAePa9EcU8TQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thomas R. Shemanske
Grantham, NH

Rob Beezer

Jun 28, 2022, 10:54:25 PM6/28/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Traffic on sage-cell suggests Andrey N has made some changes. Try again now?

On 6/27/22 08:11, Thomas R. Shemanske wrote:
> [...]
>> a specific example?
>>
>> My theory was that http/https might be the issue since the pretext
>> view server is unsecured. But
>> https://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/systems02.html#systems02-subsection-sage-direction-fields
>> <https://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/systems02.html#systems02-subsection-sage-direction-fields>
>> seems to behave exactly the same.
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2022, 5:44 AM Thomas Judson <twju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sage cells and Sage interacts seem to work fine on the posted
>> version of the ODE Project (see
>> http://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/odeproject.html
>> <http://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/ode/html-snapshot/odeproject.html>)
>> even in Safari.  When building and trying to view the HTML

Thomas R. Shemanske

Jun 29, 2022, 8:32:04 AM6/29/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
There is no change in behavior with the sage cells.  I tried the existing build and then tried on a version rebuilt with 0.7.8

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/aada2d26-3c4b-5abc-d811-82321a53b21b%40ups.edu.