SUDF-Statement on Global Week of Action in Swaziland

1 view

Dominic Tweedie

Aug 18, 2011, 4:24:40 AM8/18/11
to Swaziland Solidarity Network Forum

Press Release!

GLOBAL WEEK OF ACTION ON SWAZILAND (GWoAS)

The month of September has come to be synonymous with GWoAS. This activity is once again upon us and the Swaziland United Democratic Front (SUDF) herby officially announces this year’s (2011) programme.

Campaign Issues

1.     SA bailout for SD (insist on stringent & measurable governance reform conditions with taut timelines)

2.     No to salary cuts!

3.     Education crisis (demand tertiary scholarships for ALL qualifying candidates and re-open & keep colleges open)

4.     Judicial crisis (demand sacking of CJ & High Court registrar, re-instate Thomas Masuku, & independence of the judiciary)

5.     Abolition of Tinkhundla & return to multiparty democracy

Venues for Activities (5th – 9th September 2011)

·        Siteki

·        Mbabane

·        Matsapha/Manzini

·        Nhlangano

Call to Affiliates, Partners, & Global Solidarity Network

·        We call on our affiliates to start mobilizing in earnest & to ensure that members fill the streets on these dates

·        We make a special call to the labour component of the SUDF to do all in their power to ensure that their members fully participate in this year’s GWoAS programme

·        We call on our internal partners, including the Swaziland coalition of Concerned Civic Organizations (SCCCO), Foundation for Socio-Economic Justice (FSEJ), International Research Academy for Labour & Education (IRALE), Council of Swaziland Churches (CSC), Coalition of Informal Economy Associations of Swaziland (CIEAS), Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), Law Society of Swaziland, the friendly Swaziland business community, Swaziland Positive Living (SWAPOL), and many others to also prepare for action

·        We commission our operational & campaign wing, the Swaziland Democracy Campaign (SDC) and all its chapters worldwide to intensify preparations for GWoAS as usual

·        We invite our perennial partners in South Africa, including the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu), the ANCYL, SACP, SSN, and others to, in addition to pickets in South Africa, join our demonstrations in the streets of Swaziland during GWoAS

·        Finally, we appeal to our global friends, including Action for Southern Africa (ACTSA) and Swazi Vigil in London, Action Now in America, WTUC worldwide, Afrika Kontakt (AC) in Denmark, etc., to engage in activities during GWoAS to spread the word for our cause in their various locations

Forward to multiparty democracy – Amandla!!!

For more information please kindly contact:

Mduduzi C. Gina (Secretary General)

(+09268)76119211

comfor...@yahoo.com

SUDF GWoA Press Release.pdf