create_matrix function error: error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'as.matrix': Error in nyt_data$Title : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Ivan Rivera

Nov 5, 2013, 2:18:49 AM11/5/13
to rtextto...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I was trying to run one of the examples provided in the rtexttools package description (even though there is appears in a slightly different form, the error persists) and I'm getting the following error:

nyt_matrix <- create_matrix(cbind(nyt_data$Title,nyt_data$Subject), language="english", removeNumbers=TRUE, stemWords=TRUE, weighting=weightTfIdf)

Error in as.matrix(textColumns) :
  error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'as.matrix': Error in nyt_data$Title : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

I'd really appreciate if you could help me get that fixed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Ivan