Magnetic nodes, temporary change to arrow

Martin Wenzel

Mar 13, 2015, 5:00:56 AM3/13/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robofonters,

Magnetic nodes:
I sometimes drag nodes (closed ones) on top of each other, in order to align them or similar. Is there a way to set them to be magnetic, a snap to point? (It wold be embarrassing if there is a checkbox that I simply overlooked.)

Temporarily change to edit arrow:
When I have chosen a tool I sometimes find myself needing to select or drag something before using the tool again. Would it be possible to temporarily switch back to the edit arrow by for example pressing cmd (like Illustrator does it).

Thanks,
Martin

Mark Simonson

Mar 13, 2015, 8:34:53 PM3/13/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know the answer to the first question, but for the second one: Maybe you know this, but you can switch quickly between tools using the number keys (1 for edit tool, 2 for draw tool, 3 for cutter tool, 4 for measure tool, etc.). Not quite a handy as the momentary tool toggle in Illustrator, but close.

Mark

Frederik Berlaen

Mar 18, 2015, 5:45:28 PM3/18/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
you can use guides for magnatic snapping

or write a script that is aligning points in a selection or even aligning points which are only X amount off on both x and y axis

> When I have chosen a tool I sometimes find myself needing to select or drag something before using the tool again. Would it be possible to temporarily switch back to the edit arrow by for example pressing cmd (like Illustrator does it).

you can use numbers as direct an quick switching between tools

good luck

gr Frederik
www.typemytype.com