Docs, server

Erik van Blokland

Sep 26, 2015, 1:31:40 PM9/26/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

the server that hosts robofab.com has to be retired.

I will move the documentation as it is to a new host.

I think most users are now using the git version and I've been told even the FontLabs can use it so I intend to kill http://download.robofab.com

I don't have time to rebuild documentation for the current FL Fab and NoneLab Fab.

Any comments?
Erik

Pablo Impallari

Sep 28, 2015, 11:32:03 AM9/28/15
to RoboFab
Hi Eric,
The easiest thing to do if you want to keep a backup: Copy/Pasting and saving as .md files in some github folder.

Cheers,
Pablo

Adam Twardoch (List)

Sep 28, 2015, 12:35:49 PM9/28/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
If you create a gh-pages branch of the Github robofab repo, you could put the entire static HTML docs there and have it instantly accessible as http://robofab.github.io/ — and even configure the robofab.com DNS to use that. Basically, the gh-pages branch of Github is a free webhosting service for static html.

A.

Sent from my mobile phone.
> --
> --
>
> Messages from newly joined members are subject to moderation.
> Download RoboFab and documentation at http://robofab.com
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RoboFab" group.

Gustavo Ferreira

Sep 30, 2015, 8:39:19 PM9/30/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
hi Erik,

I've ported the RoboFab Docs to Sphinx some time ago, see:

http://github.com/roboDocs/roboFabDocs
http://robodocs.info/roboFabDocs/source/index.html

groeten, Gustavo

Erik van Blokland

Oct 1, 2015, 10:17:56 AM10/1/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gustavo,

I've linked to the site, thanks.

But note that the robofab.org server is going away. That means that all these download links will be unavailable:
http://www.robodocs.info/roboFabDocs/source/intro/download.html
I really don't want to continue to host them, it's old junk for old FontLab, no one needs them.

Thanks!
Erik

gferreira

Oct 5, 2015, 6:35:14 AM10/5/15
to RoboFab
hello Erik,

I've removed the download links from the docs, and tweaked the installation notes accordingly:

https://github.com/roboDocs/roboFabDocs/blob/master/source/intro/download.rst
https://github.com/roboDocs/roboFabDocs/blob/master/source/intro/install.rst

There's now also a RoboFab Docs RoboFont extension, with the original colourful theme:

https://github.com/roboDocs/roboFabDocsExtension

I hope to update RoboDocs.info later this week.

please let me know if you find any errors.

all the best, Gustavo