Re: Error happens < SVN HTTPS certificate not verified> when adding a new repo.

David Trowbridge

Jan 8, 2013, 11:47:51 AM1/8/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com, revie...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately this is a known bug in 1.7.1. We'll be putting out a 1.7.2 soon with a fix.

-David

On Jan 7, 2013, at 11:36 PM, Bing <kevin....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, all,
When I create a new repo (SVN) with https://.... link, the following error message shows after click "Save" button.

A verified HTTPS certificate is required to connect to this repository.

There were errors validating this certificate:

The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the fingerprint to validate the certificate manually.

Certificate information:

Hostname: xxxx.xx.com

Valid: from Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:33:44 GMT until Sun, 02 Nov 2014 23:33:44 GMT

Issuer: xxxx

Fingerprint: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you trust this host, or do you want to go back and edit the repository information?

then there are two buttons:
"I trust this host" and "Re-Edit repository"

however, the problem is that both buttons are gray. so I cannot click any one of them.

My review board is 1.7.1.  Anyone can get me help? Thanks

BING

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Bing

Jan 8, 2013, 8:05:31 PM1/8/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I've worked around this issue:

1. login the server, run
    svn list https://.....
2. accept the certificate permanently.
3. then copy files generated in ~/.subversion/auth/svn.simple(server) to /var/www/reviewboard(your site name)/data/.subversion/auth/svn.xxx
4. change the file/group ownership to "www-data".
4. now you can add repo in the administration UI.

在 2013年1月8日星期二UTC+8下午10时02分38秒,sojan john写道:
Hi all,

I am also facing this issue on 1.7.1. Both buttons are disabled the error log says "Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted". The data directory is  owned by apache2 user. I am using apache+ mod_wsgi.  It will be a great help if somebody can suggest a solution.

Thanks,
Sojan

Christian Hammond

Jan 16, 2013, 1:27:44 PM1/16/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
We're going to have a release tonight that fixes the SSL confirmation screen. It would have gone out last night, but I had some local setup issues to deal with.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

On Jan 16, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Brenden Walker <brain...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You'll need shell access to the server hosting your RB.  I think the workaround instructions are a bit off, so I'll give is a try with an explanation.

The core issue is that the certificate needs to be confirmed, in my case it's self-signed could be other reasons for needing this.  If you can get to a command line on the server and run "svn list https://<your repository url>" you will be prompted by the command line svn client to accept the certificate with something similar to:

Error validating server certificate for 'https://devsubversion:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: devsubversion
 - Valid: from Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:45:42 GMT until Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:45:42 GMT
 - Issuer: Green, Ohio, US, development, drbsystems.com
 - Fingerprint: b6:72:d2:51:c3:eb:16:8b:ea:ef:a0:53:07:fa:17:eb:e9:b2:e9:d6
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p

Responding to the above with p will store the public key for the SSL certificate in question in your home .subversion directory: ~/.subversion/auth/svn.ssl.server

Copying that file to your reviewboard installation data/.subversion/auth/svn.ssl.server should work around the problem.

You may need to change permissions on that file so that the user your webserver is running as has access, in my case the file had read permissions for everyone so that step wasn't necessary.

Hope that helps clear it up, if you do not have shell access to the hosting server you may be able to do something similar locally and upload the file via ftp into the data/.subversion/auth/svn.ssl.server directory.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:16:41 PM UTC-8, ysunf...@hotmail.com wrote:
I'm facing the same problem as you. But i can't figure out your solution provided.
Can you write the step in more details?
How to run svn list https://? go to command prompt? Which subversion are you using?
How to change the file/group ownership to "www-data"?