Hello from i3Detroit, we're having a party, and, does anyone have photos from 2010?

Nate B / i3detroit

Mar 23, 2019, 10:18:08 PM3/23/19
to reprap-michigan
*thump* *thump* Umm... is this thing on?

Hello, Reprap-Michigan! Two quick things:

Back in 2010, this group had a few meetings at the i3Detroit hackerspace: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reprap-michigan/BU2apwsw-Go/dRDbXkJfnr8J

So, first question, does anyone have photos from those meetings? I've been putting together a collage / timeline / story of i3's first ten years, and I wasn't able to find any photos of my own covering those event.

Second: i3Detroit was founded in the spring of 2009, and we're marking the tenth anniversary of that with a party / open house, tomorrow! Yeah, it's short notice, y'all just popped into my head. We're gonna try to open the doors around 10am, we're expecting a special guest (who I can't publicly name) around 11am, and then there are panels and demos and squiggletrike rides and stuff all afternoon.

You're invited, of course. There's no cover charge, but we all know it's nearly impossible to resist feeding the donation-sucker, so bring small bills according to your level of childish amusement and/or generosity. And, if you've got neat 3d printed stuff to bring along, show-and-tell makes for fun introductions. We also have a handful of printers now, including a UV resin machine which I think will be running.

See you tomorrow?
-Nate Bezanson-