Can you back track to get web statistics older than a week with website tonight statistics?

tom

Nov 22, 2012, 10:20:46 AM11/22/12
to reportma...@googlegroups.com
I recently created a website and the statistics are stored with website tonight. I need to know some more information on who has been viewing the site etc from the date it was created. Can you back track to get web statistics older than a week with website tonight statistics?

Jeremy Wadsack

Nov 26, 2012, 9:54:23 AM11/26/12
to reportma...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with Website Tonight. Analog and Report Magic process whatever log files you point them at. If you have historic log files for processing you can change your Analog configuration to look at those files. See the analog documentation for details on the LOGFILE command.

Most web sites these days don't store log file for more than a week or two, so that may be as far back as you can get with log files alone. If Website Tonight deletes only log files you can still use analog's cache mechanism to keep statistics from old log files around for a longer time. Alternately, you can configure Report Magic to write statistics our for daily or weekly snapshots to date-named folders in the output file setting to keep historic records.

If you don't have access to the configuration files you'll need to talk to your hosting company about making these changes.

Jeremy Wadsack