Placeholder selection

Serban Tanasa

Mar 6, 2015, 8:44:43 AM3/6/15
to reporter...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am an enthusiastic adopter of the ReporterRs package! Thank you for creating it. In the context of writing to PPTX files, I was curious whether you have (or plan to have) a way of addressing specific placeholders in a given slide. Say I have a slide structured like the one below, and I want to specifically insert into "Body 03". Is there any way of addressing the placeholders by name, and specifying that the output is to be sent to them? It would be extremely useful!

Thanks,
Serban Tanasa

David Gohel

Mar 6, 2015, 1:52:18 PM3/6/15
to reporter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Serban

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

The placeholders names are fake id, they do not exists in the pptx template nor in the final presentation. There is no plan for that but there is a long term plan to refactor the whole pptx (to make it easier to maintain), no promise but your suggestion could be integrated.

For now, there may be a workaround, you can specify where to place your shape everywhere you want within the current slide with arguments offx, offy, width and height with add*** functions(addFlexTable, addPlot, ...). For example :

    doc = addFlexTable( doc, MyFTable, offx = 7, offy = 2, width = 3, height = 3)

Does that help?

Thanks,
David

Serban Tanasa

Mar 11, 2015, 9:41:54 AM3/11/15
to reporter...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I'll use the workaround for now. Thank you for the super-fast reply!

Atik Pats

Jul 20, 2017, 8:09:47 AM7/20/17
to ReporteRs
Hi David/Serban,

I wanted to check if this functionality has been added now. I am facing a lot of issues in correctly reading all placeholders from my custom template. I do not see any placeholder ids. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Atik

Marleen de Vente

Sep 13, 2017, 4:34:29 AM9/13/17
to ReporteRs
Hi all,

I've been playing around with the ReporteRs and officer packages.
Great work, David!

Regarding the placeholders: I would also like to add/replace content by specifically naming that placeholder.  In PowerPoint, on the "Selection pane" it lists all the placeholder names (and you can even rename them to more descriptive names than the default "Title 4" etc!).
My question: is there a way you could get those "real placeholder names" in the ReporteRs package?

In the officer package it seems quite simple to include, because the placeholder's "real" name is stored in the same xml node as the "id", like this:
And the read_xfrm function takes that id already, so only need to add the name field also:
id     <- xml_attr(xml_child(nodeset, "/p:cNvPr"), "id")
phname <- xml_attr(xml_child(nodeset, "/p:cNvPr"), "name")

But, I couldn't figure out where to change/add this in the ReporteRs package... David? ;-)

Please, if you consider to include this (or of you are willing to give me a pointer of where to start to work on this myself), it would really help in order to have more control of which slide content to replace with what! :)

Happy day!
Marleen

David Gohel

Sep 13, 2017, 5:20:53 AM9/13/17
to ReporteRs
Hi,

Good suggestion, thanks. I will soon add a new column for that in the results of `officer::layout_properties` .

About ReporteRs, there will be no change, sorry. officer is supposed to replace ReporteRs :)

KR,
David

Global Psychedelic

Apr 6, 2024, 2:23:26 PMApr 6
to ReporteRs
Mushrooms contain macronutrients that support a healthy immune system. According to the Mushroom Council, your immune system will benefit from mushrooms whose nutrients include: Selenium, which helps your body make antioxidant enzymes to prevent cell damage. Choose cremini or portabella mushrooms for the most benefit.😋

Check my telegram group for more information

https://t.me/exotics_shop_1

Buy FIREMAN online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/103
Buy lucky kush online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/113
Buy gello gelato online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/114
Buy grape fanta online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/103
Buy tiramesu smalls online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/97
Buy icebergs online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/107?single
Buy dabwoods × runtz disposable online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/115?single
Buy wax crumble online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/120?single
Buy golden teacher online 🍄
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/121?single
Buy 3 grams runtz disposable vapes online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/126?single
Buy polkadot bars online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/128
Buy mushrooms online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/130?single
Buy rosin dot bars online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/132
Buy kiwano (heavy loadz) online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/133?single
Buy mix and match d9  edibles online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/137?single
Buy black cherry online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/140
Buy FIREMAN
Clone card available
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/169
Buy lsd sheets online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/172
Buy polkatdot starter pack 🍄 online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/178?single
Buy edible candy online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/180
Buy potent carbs
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/190?single
Buy persy snowcaps online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/193?single
Buy galactic gummies online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/210
Buy new cake cards online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/214?single
Buy pure mdma online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/215
Buy distillate online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/217
Buy crumble online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/218
Buy codeine online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/221?single
Buy quagen online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/223?single
Buy jeeter dispos online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/230?single
Buy Columbia coke online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/238
Buy inhale excellence online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/103
Buy lucky kush online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/113
Buy gello gelato online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/114
Buy grape fanta online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/103
Buy tiramesu smalls online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/97
Buy icebergs online
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/107?single
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/281?single
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/282?single
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/291
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/292
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/296
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/299
https://t.me/exotics_shop_1/301

"Our commitment is to provide exceptional service, unparalleled quality, and personalized solutions to meet your unique needs. We strive to exceed your expectations and deliver results that make a lasting impact. Trust us to be your reliable partner in achieving your goals. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority."