How can the "Date Completed" be changed?

Deb Dakota Phillips

Mar 17, 2014, 12:47:21 PM3/17/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com
My Reminders & To Do's have the usual Due Date. But a lot of times, I don't mark them as 'Completed' for several more days as I add more pertinent info to that Reminder/To Do. For Example: I have a Doctor Appt on 03/12/2014 at 09:00. I go to that appointment. But oftentimes I need another day or two or more to add details as to what happened at that Doctor Appointment. But when I DO mark it as "Completed", it uses (logically) the current date. Is there a way to either CHANGE the "Date Completed", or to remove that field entirely?

(I DID go thru the Documentation & searched on this Forum, but found nothing pertaining to my question. I would GREATLY appreciate any help or an answer! Thanks in advance for any assistance. Regards, Deb & Dakota)

Paul Swain

Mar 17, 2014, 1:34:47 PM3/17/14
to Deb Dakota Phillips, remin...@googlegroups.com
Deb Dakota Phillips wrote on 17/03/2014 4:47 PM (UK time):

> My Reminders & To Do's have the usual Due Date. But a lot of times, I
> don't mark them as 'Completed' for several more days as I add more
> pertinent info to that Reminder/To Do. For Example: I have a Doctor Appt
> on 03/12/2014 at 09:00. I go to that appointment. But oftentimes I need
> another day or two or more to add details as to what happened at that
> Doctor Appointment. But when I DO mark it as "Completed", it uses
> (logically) the current date. Is there a way to either CHANGE the "Date
> Completed", or to remove that field entirely?

Hi!

This may work:

1. When you create a reminder make sure that the "Remind daily until
completed" option is unchecked.

Hint: You can set the default setting for this in the options, under
the "Reminder Dialog" tab.

2. Use the Snooze function to snooze a reminder to which you will want
to add additional details.

3. When you're finished with a reminder, click <OK> on the alarm pop-up
using the "Acknowledge" option (again the default option can be set in
the options under the "Alarms" tab).

If this isn't suitable, could you please provide a bit more information
about why you're using the "Remind daily until completed" option.

Also, since you seem to be using ReminderFox to store important
information, please make sure that you're backing up your data. There's
some information about how to back up your data at
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/3nsqs3JtS9o/x5XcbCPeLAsJ

Paul

Deb and Dakota

Mar 17, 2014, 3:37:10 PM3/17/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com, Paul Swain
Thanks for the super quick answer Mr Swain - I didn't think I'd hear anything from anyone for days!

I had been using the option "Remind Daily Until Completed" as an extra string around my finger to be sure I didn't miss completing Reminders/To Do's. But I had discovered that when I created Repeating Reminders with that option, checking the first one as "Completed", ReminderFox also "Completed" all the upcoming reminders! So I quit using the "Remind Daily..." entirely.

I have some upcoming events in the next 2 days that I will have to add additional notes to in the ensuing days. I'll be waiting for the pop-up alarm windows to keep hitting the "Snooze" button until I'm really done with the event, then I'll try that "OK" combined with "Acknowledge". Can't wait to see what happens - I just hope that after Snoozing for a couple days doesn't end up showing a Completion Date of the last/current Snooze choice!

And thanks for putting the reminder out there for anyone using ReminderFox for important data - or ANY data they don't want to lose - to BACK UP THEIR FILE!!!! It's so easy to do, and just takes a few seconds. Can save someone a LOT of heartache... Thanks again Mr. Swain for taking the time to respond to me. I am disabled - including neurological damage - that makes it difficult to understand some of the simplest instructions. But you made the steps very easy to follow, and I had already implemented most of them. Keep your fingers and toes crosses for me!

PS: I hope you weren't near any of the awful disasters that have struck your beautiful Country in the past few years. Regards, Deb & Dakota, Service Dog Extraordinaire!

Deb & Dakota
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. (Emotional Mojo)