Spring at Morro Bay

74 views
Skip to first unread message

Savageduck

unread,
Apr 5, 2022, 1:27:17 PMApr 5
to
It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.

<https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>


--
Regards,
Savageduck

Alan Browne

unread,
Apr 5, 2022, 2:45:47 PMApr 5
to
Boycott until you fly at magic hours.

Spend the night there - then you can shoot in the evening /and/ the morning!


--
"Mr Speaker, I withdraw my statement that half the cabinet are asses -
half the cabinet are not asses."
-Benjamin Disraeli

geoff

unread,
Apr 5, 2022, 9:18:52 PMApr 5
to
Lovely. Will be nicer still when those smoke-stacks come down. Or a
local treasure ?

Do these videos have stabilisation (etc) done in post, or is the raw
actually that steady and level ?

And have you ever got 'lost' ?

geoff

Savageduck

unread,
Apr 6, 2022, 12:45:57 AMApr 6
to
On Apr 5, 2022, geoff wrote
(in article<D_ydnTqPZerud9H_...@giganews.com>):

> On 6/04/2022 5:27 am, Savageduck wrote:
> > It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
> > spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.
> >
> > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>
>
> Lovely. Will be nicer still when those smoke-stacks come down. Or a
> local treasure ?

The plan is for demolition by disassembly rather than implosion to reduce the dust issue, and disturbance along the Embarcadero.
There are some who have a morbid sentimentality, and at least one has a financial interest, "The Three Stacks, and a Rock Brewery”. There is bigger money coming in turning the old power plant into a massive energy storage facility.
>
> Do these videos have stabilisation (etc) done in post, or is the raw
> actually that steady and level ?

There is no stabilization in post. The technology in today’s GPS camera drones is amazing, and is just one reason that drones with good tech, including software, and camera hardware are not inexpensive. I am always amazed at how solid the flight can be, even in strong, gusty wind.
>
> And have you ever got 'lost' ?

Fortunately, no. They provide some navigation/map tools in the software, that and I have always maintained a sense of locational awareness. That said, GPS drones such as my DJI Air 2S will set a home point at take off. In the event there is a low battery, or loss of RC controller signal the software will initiate an Auto Return To Home (RTH), and it will return to the home point and land. Also if you are totally lost, and have lost visual contact with the drone you can push/tap t6he RTH button on the controller to start a return to home. Best to learn how to navigate, and save the RTH for real emergencies.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David Brooks

unread,
Apr 6, 2022, 6:36:07 AMApr 6
to
Another excellent presentation.

So different to the many views we are seeing of the desecration in
Ukraine. :-(

Alfred Molon

unread,
Apr 6, 2022, 12:58:21 PMApr 6
to
This is better than previous videos because it's more 3D (that big Morro
bay rock for instance + you are getting closer to structures). Also,
approaching things from the sea is a good idea.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

David Brooks

unread,
Apr 6, 2022, 4:20:16 PMApr 6
to
On 06/04/2022 17:58, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 05.04.2022 um 19:27 schrieb Savageduck:
>> It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
>> spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.
>>
>> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>
>>
>
> This is better than previous videos because it's more 3D (that big Morro
> bay rock for instance + you are getting closer to structures). Also,
> approaching things from the sea is a good idea.

I agree. Probably the best drone video he's shown us. :-D

David Brooks

unread,
Aug 17, 2022, 6:51:01 AMAug 17
to
On 05/04/2022 18:27, Savageduck wrote:
I've just watched this again. It's a very special place.

Some of us are truly blessed! ❤️


HunterBD

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 12:03:17 PMSep 10
to
Reposting the link to check again.


HunterBD

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 12:09:00 PMSep 10
to
The video at the link above now plays perfectly using Safari! :-D

Does it play for you?


sobriquet

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 3:03:13 PMSep 10
to

HunterBD

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 3:12:43 PMSep 10
to
THANK YOU :-D

--
Crossposted to ACW for Apd's attention.

HunterBD

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 3:27:32 PMSep 10
to
For Apd - and anyone else who may be curious - in a fresh install of
Firefox the link now works perfectly and gives an excellent
presentation, filling my screen, clearly and crisply. Odd!



sobriquet

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 3:55:11 PMSep 10
to
Kind of mysterious that the link (with the %20 in the url) referred to at the start
of that groups.google thread does load in both safari and chrome on my ipad mini..
but it refuses to load on the win10 pc in chrome.

HunterBD

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 4:22:23 PMSep 10
to
Mysterious indeed!

I'm hoping that Apd will be able to get to the bottom of it. You'll find
him in MY home Usenet group - 'alt.computer.workshop'.

FromTheRafters

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 6:45:30 PMSep 10
to
HunterBD laid this down on his screen :
Does Chrome work now too?

I just tested in Edge, both worked fine. I used the URLs from your
original post (offering the second video) and just copy/paste to the
address bar, that is not by clicking a blue URL. Buffering took some
time but it played automatically at almost full screen size.

Why would a modern browser accept unsafe characters in a URL and reject
properly encoded ones?

HunterBD

unread,
Sep 11, 2022, 2:20:58 AMSep 11
to
Yes - it does! :-D

> I just tested in Edge, both worked fine. I used the URLs from your
> original post (offering the second video) and just copy/paste to the
> address bar, that is not by clicking a blue URL. Buffering took some
> time but it played automatically at almost full screen size.
>
> Why would a modern browser accept unsafe characters in a URL and reject
> properly encoded ones?

I cannot answer that question. :-(


Whisky-dave

unread,
Sep 12, 2022, 8:26:54 AMSep 12
to
I wonder why it;s considered unsafe ? as I've not heard that before.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 10:36:44 AMOct 13
to
FTR wouldn't have seen your post Dave.

(ACW group added)

It doesn't explain how the movie found its way onto my iCloud Drive though!

FromTheRafters

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 11:23:12 AMOct 13
to
David Brooks presented the following explanation :
Some characters have meaning to the systems that they pass through,
they cause actions rather than just being interpreted as characters
passing through. The same sort of thing that makes content transfer
encoding necessary for NNTP.

For URI/URL in particular:

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt

" Unsafe:

Characters can be unsafe for a number of reasons. The space
character is unsafe because significant spaces may disappear and
insignificant spaces may be introduced when URLs are transcribed or
typeset or subjected to the treatment of word-processing programs.
The characters "<" and ">" are unsafe because they are used as the
delimiters around URLs in free text; the quote mark (""") is used to
delimit URLs in some systems. The character "#" is unsafe and
should
always be encoded because it is used in World Wide Web and in other
systems to delimit a URL from a fragment/anchor identifier that
might
follow it. The character "%" is unsafe because it is used for
encodings of other characters. Other characters are unsafe because
gateways and other transport agents are known to sometimes modify
such characters. These characters are "{", "}", "|", "\", "^", "~",
"[", "]", and "`".

All unsafe characters must always be encoded within a URL. For
example, the character "#" must be encoded within URLs even in
systems that do not normally deal with fragment or anchor
identifiers, so that if the URL is copied into another system that
does use them, it will not be necessary to change the URL encoding."

Also, reserved characters:

Reserved:

Many URL schemes reserve certain characters for a special meaning:
their appearance in the scheme-specific part of the URL has a
designated semantics. If the character corresponding to an octet is
reserved in a scheme, the octet must be encoded. The characters
";",
"/", "?", ":", "@", "=" and "&" are the characters which may be
reserved for special meaning within a scheme. No other characters
may
be reserved within a scheme.

Usually a URL has the same interpretation when an octet is
represented by a character and when it encoded. However, this is not
true for reserved characters: encoding a character reserved for a
particular scheme may change the semantics of a URL.

Thus, only alphanumerics, the special characters "$-_.+!*'(),", and
reserved characters used for their reserved purposes may be used
unencoded within a URL.

On the other hand, characters that are not required to be encoded
(including alphanumerics) may be encoded within the scheme-specific
part of a URL, as long as they are not being used for a reserved
purpose.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 11:28:56 AMOct 13
to
Can YOU explain how the videos of Savageduck found their way onto my
iCloud Drive?

nospam

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 12:17:21 PMOct 13
to
In article <Q8W1L.766423$qD%2.26...@fx08.ams1>, David Brooks
<B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:

>
> Can YOU explain how the videos of Savageduck found their way onto my
> iCloud Drive?

you put them there.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 12:26:32 PMOct 13
to
On 13/10/2022 16:37, Steve Carroll wrote:
> Unless he sat next to you the entire time, right up until it happened,
> how could he explain it? Notably, you glossed over an actual
> conversation in order to 'do what you do'. Why?

FTR was replying to WhiskyDave, not to me.

> No, this is not an "attack", it's a logical question based on you 'doing
> what you do' when, in this case, your question is one that can't be
> answered any better than it already has.

I'm just curious. I'm positive that *I* didn't put the Savageduck videos
onto my iCloud Drive. Having wiped my computer clean and reinstalled -
and having opened Savageduck's links once more, they have not appeared
in my iCloud Drive again.

FTR has a vast amount of computer knowledge. Although he's not an Apple
man of long-standing, he may have been able to suggest what may have
occurred.

Please don't remove rec.photo.digital - that's where WhiskyDave reads
and posts. He's a technician in a London University computer laboratory
and knows much about Apple devices.



David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 12:56:01 PMOct 13
to
> I saw... I also saw you ignore public conversation in lieu of your
> paranoia... AGAIN.
>
>>> No, this is not an "attack", it's a logical question based on you 'doing
>>> what you do' when, in this case, your question is one that can't be
>>> answered any better than it already has.
>>
>> I'm just curious. I'm positive that *I* didn't put the Savageduck videos
>> onto my iCloud Drive.
>
> It's been explained how that would take place.
>
>> Having wiped my computer clean and reinstalled -
>> and having opened Savageduck's links once more, they have not appeared
>> in my iCloud Drive again.
>
> What are you suggesting, that you, and you alone, have an iCloud setting
> bug? Contact Apple if you believe that's so.
>
>> FTR has a vast amount of computer knowledge.
>
> Didn't he say he wasn't 'up' on the 'iCloud thing'? In any event, beyond
> what has already been explained, unless he sat with you (and saw you
> inadvertently do it) he's not going to be able to help you.
>
>> Although he's not an Apple man of long-standing, he may have been able
>> to suggest what may have occurred.
>>
>> Please don't remove rec.photo.digital - that's where WhiskyDave reads
>> and posts. He's a technician in a London University computer laboratory
>> and knows much about Apple devices.
>
> If it contains you 'doing what you do' I'll confine it to ACW.
>
> Why don't you just ask WD directly? But then, even after you get
> essentially the same response you've already been given you'll ignore it
> because it's not conducive to you 'doing what you do' <shrug>.

I HAVE asked WD directly.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 12:59:03 PMOct 13
to
*HOW* do you think I did that?

Can YOU put Savageduck's videos onto YOUR iCloud Drive?

If so, please explain how that is achievable.

Snit

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 1:09:04 PMOct 13
to
On Oct 13, 2022 at 9:58:55 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<jtX1L.1518135$Eeb3.1...@fx05.ams1>:
Where did you get the videos initially?


--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

They cling to their attacks and ignore the message time and time again.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 2:04:08 PMOct 13
to
On 13/10/2022 18:08, Snit wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2022 at 9:58:55 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <jtX1L.1518135$Eeb3.1...@fx05.ams1>:
>
>> On 13/10/2022 17:17, nospam wrote:
>>> In article <Q8W1L.766423$qD%2.26...@fx08.ams1>, David Brooks
>>> <B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Can YOU explain how the videos of Savageduck found their way onto my
>>>> iCloud Drive?
>>>
>>> you put them there.
>>
>> *HOW* do you think I did that?
>>
>> Can YOU put Savageduck's videos onto YOUR iCloud Drive?
>>
>> If so, please explain how that is achievable.
>
> Where did you get the videos initially?

I simply clicked on the links posted by Savageduck in the
'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group.

Snit

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 2:10:36 PMOct 13
to
On Oct 13, 2022 at 11:04:01 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lqY1L.1354591$YC96....@fx12.ams1>:
Clicking links would not save the files to your iCloud drive. Did the links
pop up a save dialog?

FromTheRafters

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 2:36:30 PMOct 13
to
David Brooks has brought this to us :
No, but I'm guessing that you at least attempted to show them to
someone who was using a small screen, and iCloud/iCloud Drive had it so
as to convert it to a format for that screen or something like that.

Are you banned from Apple? Maybe you could ask them if such a scenario
is possible. They don't seem to have a detailed description of the
inner workings anywhere.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 3:35:42 PMOct 13
to
On 13/10/2022 19:10, Snit wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2022 at 11:04:01 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <lqY1L.1354591$YC96....@fx12.ams1>:
>
>> On 13/10/2022 18:08, Snit wrote:
>>> On Oct 13, 2022 at 9:58:55 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>>> <jtX1L.1518135$Eeb3.1...@fx05.ams1>:
>>>
>>>> On 13/10/2022 17:17, nospam wrote:
>>>>> In article <Q8W1L.766423$qD%2.26...@fx08.ams1>, David Brooks
>>>>> <B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can YOU explain how the videos of Savageduck found their way onto my
>>>>>> iCloud Drive?
>>>>>
>>>>> you put them there.
>>>>
>>>> *HOW* do you think I did that?
>>>>
>>>> Can YOU put Savageduck's videos onto YOUR iCloud Drive?
>>>>
>>>> If so, please explain how that is achievable.
>>>
>>> Where did you get the videos initially?
>>
>> I simply clicked on the links posted by Savageduck in the
>> 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group.
>
> Clicking links would not save the files to your iCloud drive. Did the links
> pop up a save dialog?

No, no pop-up at all. I simply clicked on the links and watched the
videos. They are all quite amazing and interesting to watch. I
especially enjoyed the zooming in to see the seals!

Snit

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 4:12:25 PMOct 13
to
On Oct 13, 2022 at 12:35:35 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<bMZ1L.816896$9f26....@fx09.ams1>:

>>>>>
>>>>> If so, please explain how that is achievable.
>>>>
>>>> Where did you get the videos initially?
>>>
>>> I simply clicked on the links posted by Savageduck in the
>>> 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group.
>>
>> Clicking links would not save the files to your iCloud drive. Did the links
>> pop up a save dialog?
>
> No, no pop-up at all. I simply clicked on the links and watched the
> videos. They are all quite amazing and interesting to watch. I
> especially enjoyed the zooming in to see the seals!

I am confused. What does watching a video have to do with your iCloud drive?

Do you have the links?

nospam

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 4:25:39 PMOct 13
to
In article <jtX1L.1518135$Eeb3.1...@fx05.ams1>, David Brooks
<B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:

> >>
> >> Can YOU explain how the videos of Savageduck found their way onto my
> >> iCloud Drive?
> >
> > you put them there.
>
> *HOW* do you think I did that?
>
> Can YOU put Savageduck's videos onto YOUR iCloud Drive?
>
> If so, please explain how that is achievable.

you told macos to automatically sync files to icloud.

unlike sentient beings who know better, it does what you tell it to do.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 4:40:54 PMOct 13
to
Thanks. None of my other video links were shown in my iCloud Drive
and when I play one of Savageduck's links NOW it doesn't show up in my
iCloud Drive.

Snit

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 5:14:30 PMOct 13
to
On Oct 13, 2022 at 1:40:47 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<jJ_1L.1354594$YC96.1...@fx12.ams1>:
What link?

I am missing something.

You clicked some links, I think, and watched videos.

You have files in your iCloud drive. Maybe even the same videos? But how are
these things connected? Clicking a link to watch a video does not save files,
to your iCloud dive or elsewhere. Maybe if you have you cache set there...
something like that. But then it would be other files.

I am missing something.

pothead

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 5:28:33 PMOct 13
to
Sounds to me that you had whatever directory the files were downloaded to configured to back up to
iCloud.
I'm not a Mac user but I had a similar problem with MS Onedrive. It has defaults that get set up
when you install/activate it and I noticed similar behavior.


--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.
Crazy Joe Biden Is A Demented Imbecile.
Impeach Joe Biden 2022.

Snit

unread,
Oct 13, 2022, 5:47:19 PMOct 13
to
On Oct 13, 2022 at 2:28:27 PM MST, "pothead" wrote
<ti9vtr$1sfkq$1...@dont-email.me>:

>> I'm just curious. I'm positive that *I* didn't put the Savageduck videos
>> onto my iCloud Drive. Having wiped my computer clean and reinstalled -
>> and having opened Savageduck's links once more, they have not appeared
>> in my iCloud Drive again.
>>
>> FTR has a vast amount of computer knowledge. Although he's not an Apple
>> man of long-standing, he may have been able to suggest what may have
>> occurred.
>>
>> Please don't remove rec.photo.digital - that's where WhiskyDave reads
>> and posts. He's a technician in a London University computer laboratory
>> and knows much about Apple devices.
>
> Sounds to me that you had whatever directory the files were downloaded to
> configured to back up to
> iCloud.
> I'm not a Mac user but I had a similar problem with MS Onedrive. It has
> defaults that get set up
> when you install/activate it and I noticed similar behavior.

If someone shares a file in iCloud, others can view it and it gets added to
their iCloud drive for easy access.

I do not know all the combos and options.

Whisky-dave

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 8:30:38 AMOct 14
to
Nut lose on the keyboard

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 11:53:44 AMOct 14
to
On 14/10/2022 15:15, FromTheRafters wrote:
> David Brooks brought next idea :
>> On 14/10/2022 10:12, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>> David Brooks submitted this idea :
>>>> On 13/10/2022 23:03, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>>>> on 10/13/2022, Snit supposed :
>>>>>> On Oct 13, 2022 at 2:42:17 PM MST, "FromTheRafters" wrote
>>>>>> <tia0nv$1si3f$1...@dont-email.me>:
>>>>>>> Normally, downloading and watching a video wouldn't cause the
>>>>>>> soundtrack to disappear either. BD's computers are exceptional.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It you share a file with iCloud it seems Apple does put it in the
>>>>>> iCloud
>>>>>> drives of those who view it.
>>>>>
>>>>> So it seems, but where is it stated. I think it was mentioned when
>>>>> I viewed some of the presentations about the new OS which came with
>>>>> the laptop. Anyway, it's no big deal IMO.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Well, it MIGHT be a big deal!
>>>>
>>>> Apple doesn't look into, or check, the iCloud Drive.
>>>>
>>>> Anti-malware companies do not have access to the iCloud Drive.
>>>>
>>>> It is a perfect place for something malicious to lurk with nobody
>>>> noticing that it is there.
>>>>
>>>> Just a thought.
>>>
>>> Yes, things can hide in storage. They can't execute though.
>>
>> My question to Apd was/is ........ What can fish them out?
>
> A tool with sufficient privilege could. But then, you would have to
> trust the tool, which is a difficult thing for you to do.

I hoped that you would agree that a tool with sufficient acumen COULD
move malicious software hiding on an iCloud Drive back onto the main
hard drive of a computer (Regardless of the operating system).

Have I understood you correctly?

--
David

FromTheRafters

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 12:08:45 PMOct 14
to
David Brooks wrote :
No, I said privilege.

...winston

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 12:12:21 PMOct 14
to
pothead" wrote in message news:ti9vtr$1sfkq$1...@dont-email.me...
> Sounds to me that you had whatever directory the files were downloaded to
> configured to back up to iCloud.
> I'm not a Mac user but I had a similar problem with MS Onedrive.
> It has defaults that get set up when you install/activate it and I
> noticed similar behavior.

Yes, One Drive on first use(never having signed in, oobe use) will configure
Backup for:
- Desktop, Documents, Pictures located your specific Windows user logon
C:\\Users\<windows logon>
...but, to do so, user intervention is necessary and with acceptance to
occur
- i.e. a screen prompt showing the Backup windows with each of those
folder options needs to be 'Ok'd'

The other direction available is not 'up' to the MSA's OneDrive(cloud)
- It's from OneDrive online down to the local stored OneDrive folder
Again...user intervention is necessary to configure what syncs down

OneDrive does not have settings for applications/apps that integrate
with OneDrive. Those applications have their own OneDrive
'save-to-cloud' settings.


--
...w¡ñ§±¤ñ



David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 12:20:01 PMOct 14
to
Please explain why that subtle difference would change the outcome.

Thanks.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 12:26:01 PMOct 14
to
I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to follow what I have been
talking about. Does an antivirus software programme running on a Windows
machine scan MS OneDrive?

As I've mentioned that does NOT occur with the Apple iCloud Drive. In
effect, it's a secret hiding place!

FromTheRafters

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 1:45:40 PMOct 14
to
Scanning an encrypted file won't work, scanning a decrypted file will.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 3:14:39 PMOct 14
to
You appear to have changed your stance. I'm puzzled.

You said "Yes, things can hide in storage".

Encryption is irrelevant. Neither Apple nor any Commercial anti-malware
software (as far as I'm aware) can ACCESS one's iCloud Drive to scan it.

Please comment.

--
David

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 3:40:28 PMOct 14
to
On 14/10/2022 17:30, Steve Carroll wrote:
> On 2022-10-14, David Brooks <B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:
>
>> I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to follow what I have been
>> talking about. Does an antivirus software programme running on a Windows
>> machine scan MS OneDrive?
>>
>> As I've mentioned that does NOT occur with the Apple iCloud Drive. In
>> effect, it's a secret hiding place!
>
> A place where it makes little sense to 'hide' <shrug>.
>
> Unless the iCloud acct. has been hacked, how did the 'bad stuff' get up
> there? From someone's Mac. Aren't you the guy who keeps arguing about
> how Macs don't need protection? If that's true, then the files that go
> up to iCloud don't need it either ;)


Maybe my iCloud Drive *HAD* been hacked without my knowledge. <shrug>

I'm 100% sure that I didn't put the 'Clapper Board' icons on there!

https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME

They look rather 'transparent' IYKWIM

Does that mean anything to you?

Just say no if you have no idea. Thanks.

=

For relaxation, I've made this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH-rEE_sMms

Apologies for the missing heads! ;-)



Snit

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 4:37:41 PMOct 14
to
On Oct 14, 2022 at 12:40:21 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<FWi2L.1374835$%fx6.1...@fx14.ams1>:

> On 14/10/2022 17:30, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On 2022-10-14, David Brooks <B...@not.on.your.life> wrote:
>>
>>> I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to follow what I have been
>>> talking about. Does an antivirus software programme running on a Windows
>>> machine scan MS OneDrive?
>>>
>>> As I've mentioned that does NOT occur with the Apple iCloud Drive. In
>>> effect, it's a secret hiding place!
>>
>> A place where it makes little sense to 'hide' <shrug>.
>>
>> Unless the iCloud acct. has been hacked, how did the 'bad stuff' get up
>> there? From someone's Mac. Aren't you the guy who keeps arguing about
>> how Macs don't need protection? If that's true, then the files that go
>> up to iCloud don't need it either ;)
>
>
> Maybe my iCloud Drive *HAD* been hacked without my knowledge. <shrug>

Unlikely, though someone could have gotten your password.

> I'm 100% sure that I didn't put the 'Clapper Board' icons on there!
>
> https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME

The icons could have looked different.

> They look rather 'transparent' IYKWIM
>
> Does that mean anything to you?
>
> Just say no if you have no idea. Thanks.

The icons are just about a file type and what app you had set to open them.
Likely some sort of video... and perhaps this app:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/avplayer-awesome-video-player/id1610942432?mt=12

>
> =
>
> For relaxation, I've made this:-
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH-rEE_sMms

Well done!

>
> Apologies for the missing heads! ;-)

You were winging it.

FromTheRafters

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 4:52:23 PMOct 14
to
It happens that David Brooks formulated :
It makes little sense to scan encrypted data at rest for signatures or
nefarious activity. When you decrypt it, you can then scan it.

David Brooks

unread,
Oct 14, 2022, 5:19:21 PMOct 14
to