Spring at Morro Bay

Savageduck

Apr 5, 2022, 1:27:17 PMApr 5
It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.

<https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Alan Browne

Apr 5, 2022, 2:45:47 PMApr 5
Boycott until you fly at magic hours.

Spend the night there - then you can shoot in the evening /and/ the morning!

--
"Mr Speaker, I withdraw my statement that half the cabinet are asses -
half the cabinet are not asses."

geoff

Apr 5, 2022, 9:18:52 PMApr 5
Lovely. Will be nicer still when those smoke-stacks come down. Or a
local treasure ?

Do these videos have stabilisation (etc) done in post, or is the raw
actually that steady and level ?

And have you ever got 'lost' ?

geoff

Savageduck

Apr 6, 2022, 12:45:57 AMApr 6
On Apr 5, 2022, geoff wrote
(in article<D_ydnTqPZerud9H_...@giganews.com>):

> On 6/04/2022 5:27 am, Savageduck wrote:
> > It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
> > spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.
> >
> > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>
>
> Lovely. Will be nicer still when those smoke-stacks come down. Or a
> local treasure ?

The plan is for demolition by disassembly rather than implosion to reduce the dust issue, and disturbance along the Embarcadero.
There are some who have a morbid sentimentality, and at least one has a financial interest, "The Three Stacks, and a Rock Brewery”. There is bigger money coming in turning the old power plant into a massive energy storage facility.

> Do these videos have stabilisation (etc) done in post, or is the raw
> actually that steady and level ?

There is no stabilization in post. The technology in today’s GPS camera drones is amazing, and is just one reason that drones with good tech, including software, and camera hardware are not inexpensive. I am always amazed at how solid the flight can be, even in strong, gusty wind.

> And have you ever got 'lost' ?

Fortunately, no. They provide some navigation/map tools in the software, that and I have always maintained a sense of locational awareness. That said, GPS drones such as my DJI Air 2S will set a home point at take off. In the event there is a low battery, or loss of RC controller signal the software will initiate an Auto Return To Home (RTH), and it will return to the home point and land. Also if you are totally lost, and have lost visual contact with the drone you can push/tap t6he RTH button on the controller to start a return to home. Best to learn how to navigate, and save the RTH for real emergencies.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David Brooks

Apr 6, 2022, 6:36:07 AMApr 6
Another excellent presentation.

So different to the many views we are seeing of the desecration in
Ukraine. :-(

Alfred Molon

Apr 6, 2022, 12:58:21 PMApr 6
This is better than previous videos because it's more 3D (that big Morro
bay rock for instance + you are getting closer to structures). Also,
approaching things from the sea is a good idea.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

David Brooks

Apr 6, 2022, 4:20:16 PMApr 6
On 06/04/2022 17:58, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 05.04.2022 um 19:27 schrieb Savageduck:
>> It has been a while since I last posted a drone video, so here is a great
>> spring day flying the DJI Air 2S around Morro Bay.
>>
>> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>
>>

> This is better than previous videos because it's more 3D (that big Morro
> bay rock for instance + you are getting closer to structures). Also,
> approaching things from the sea is a good idea.

I agree. Probably the best drone video he's shown us. :-D