‘Life is about creating yourself’: on Bob Dylan: Mixing Up the Medicine | Books | The Guardian

emfril

Jan 14, 2024, 6:17:21 PMJan 14

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/jan/14/bob-dylan-mixing-up-the-medicine-book-tulsa-center
--
It ain't THAT, babe! — A radical reinterpretation
https://emf.neocities.org/bd/itaintmebabe.html

cheesetray

Jan 14, 2024, 10:10:17 PMJan 14
sounds like a big crock of poop to me

Chris Pyle

Jan 15, 2024, 6:54:06 PMJan 15
On Sunday, January 14, 2024 at 6:17:21 PM UTC-5, emfril wrote:
> ‘Life is about creating yourself’

Is that supposed to be a Bob quote? We do indeed create who we show to others, and I'm sure back in the early 60's all the musicians were creating their images. Some of them still hold on to those images, hairstyles, clothing, and such as if they didn't show themselves that way we wouldn't know them. Bob was always evolving himself, expanding his image, not getting tied down or put into a box.

Pamela Brown

Jan 17, 2024, 10:05:06 AMJan 17
On Sunday, January 14, 2024 at 9:10:17 PM UTC-6, cheesetray wrote:
> sounds like a big crock of poop to me

It could be said that Bob has different iterations...you know, like software...

cheesetray

Jan 17, 2024, 11:45:21 AMJan 17
good morning pb.,

are you suggesting "iterations" through which he reaches us, as a medium for "bob dylan, the artist," as though "bob dylan," is the messenger, and zimmy is just the conduit he uses to deliver it to the world?

more recently, though, he has staked his claim to his fate, seemingly coming to terms with his identity, and clarifying it for the public, but also more for himself, i believe, "i am bob dylan...." and separately sharing, as well, that he is the narrator, "i," in the recent years of modbob, since TOOM ?

-cheese

Pamela Brown

Jan 17, 2024, 12:15:56 PMJan 17
Well, when Bob was involved with Albert Grossman, there seemed to be some definitive changes...
Initially, the Scruffy Folk Singer
Then the Heroin Waif
Then the Family Man
after that, we had...
the Wounded Divorce...
Elmer Gantry
and briefly, a Zionist...
and then things seemed to mellow out...

Rachel

Jan 18, 2024, 4:38:44 PMJan 18
So have you seen Patricia J. hanging out around here, too, recently... ?

Will Dockery

Jan 19, 2024, 11:54:25 AMJan 19
I know Dylan sang:

"He not busy being born is busy dying."

Pamela Brown

Jan 21, 2024, 2:14:01 PMJan 21

W.Dockery

Jan 21, 2024, 2:30:24 PMJan 21

roach

Jan 21, 2024, 3:00:01 PMJan 21
wait....could it be.....is this.....was that.....trixie (z"l) ?!?!!????!?!

roach

Jan 21, 2024, 3:16:20 PMJan 21
deer mr. bob dylan ,

i am sorry for your loss. :-((( ✝️

rachel

W.Dockery

Jan 22, 2024, 7:30:18 AMJan 22
roach wrote:

> On Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 11:30:24 AM UTC-8, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > This Patricia J?
>> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.dylan/c/Ihuvh9YOCik/m/qWmW7C06AwAJ
>> Probably Patricia Jungwirth:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.dylan/search?q=Patricia%20Jungwirth

> wait....could it be.....is this.....was that.....trixie (z"l) ?!?!!????!?!

I'm not sure, I'll have to read the thread again.

Pamela Brown

Jan 22, 2024, 8:14:45 AMJan 22
...but then, he also needed a 'nightingale'...

Zod

Jan 22, 2024, 4:43:21 PMJan 22
One of his greatest...!

Zod

Jan 23, 2024, 3:06:52 PMJan 23
On Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-5, roach wrote:
Eh....? Eh...?

Hi there Rachel...!

Pamela Brown

Jan 30, 2024, 8:47:09 AMJan 30
On Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:15:56 AM UTC-6, Pamela Brown wrote:
> and then things seemed to mellow out...although there was a constant...
the cute little goy concentration camp theme...

Pamela Brown

Jan 31, 2024, 7:46:19 AMJan 31
...and the nightingale...

Pamela Brown

Feb 1, 2024, 6:50:37 AMFeb 1
and her father...the jokerman...

Pamela Brown

Feb 4, 2024, 12:53:06 PMFeb 4
> > > the cute little goy concentration camp theme...
> > ...and the nightingale...
> and her father...the jokerman...
Key songs tell a tale...

Pamela Brown