Re: Rebecca St. James

Message has been deleted

CMM

Feb 3, 2006, 1:27:24 PM2/3/06
On 1 Feb 2006 22:03:40 -0800, "Kurt Evans"
<everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Lately I've been thinking maybe my positive first impression of Rebecca
>in 1996 was basically accurate, and some of the negative conclusions I
>reached later weren't.

What were your initial impessions? Why did you reach negative
conclusions and what makes you think that the negative conclusions are
wrong?

>If that's the case, I'm still left with a number of difficult questions
>about the series of events that essentially destroyed my reputation as
>a Christian, but it seems like there may be some things I ought to say
>anyway.

The good thing about God is that He forgives. And, being a Christian
isn't so much about having a reputation as about being forgiven,
repenting, and having a second chance to do it right.

>Guess I could start with this, even though it's a little beside the
>point: I think "Love Being Loved By You" is one of the best rock songs
>ever recorded, Christian or otherwise.

Hmm. Haven't heard it. I had the new album preordered but typed in an
incorrect date for the expiration of my debit card. The company
cancelled the order w/o notifying me and I've just never reordered.

-- Christian

Andrew Kerr

Feb 3, 2006, 5:46:36 PM2/3/06
CMM wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2006 22:03:40 -0800, "Kurt Evans"
> <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Lately I've been thinking maybe my positive first impression of Rebecca
>> in 1996 was basically accurate, and some of the negative conclusions I
>> reached later weren't.
>
> What were your initial impessions? Why did you reach negative
> conclusions and what makes you think that the negative conclusions are
> wrong?

Nooooooooo. I guess there are some new people lurking around here once
in a while.

> -- Christian

In case Kurt doesn't answer, or even if he does, go to groups.google.com
and type:

"kurt evans" rebecca st james group:rec.music.*

Then you can read until your eyes fall out and draw your own conclusions.

Andrew

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CMM

Feb 6, 2006, 6:20:03 PM2/6/06
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:46:36 -0500, Andrew Kerr <apk...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I'm somewhat aware of the whole saga. I was just curious as to what
Kurt had changed his mind on and why.

Things are a bit dead in here. {:o(

-- Christian

CMM

Feb 6, 2006, 6:21:11 PM2/6/06
On 3 Feb 2006 20:29:54 -0800, "Kurt Evans"
<everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"CMM" <newsgr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>What were your initial impessions?
>

>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.artists.reb-st-james/msg/4cdf26df532c1ac7
>
>>Why did you reach negative conclusions ...
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.artists.reb-st-james/msg/b3ce0b4d4760bb1f

>>and what makes you think that the negative conclusions are wrong?
>

>The apparent correlation between the burden I felt for her on the
>morning of July 26, 2004, and my resulting prayer, and the song she
>says she wrote that day.

Fair enough.

Thanks for the reply.

-- Christian

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CMM

Feb 14, 2006, 11:39:46 AM2/14/06
On 13 Feb 2006 23:48:14 -0800, "Kurt Evans"
<everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"CMM" <newsgr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>What were your initial impressions?
>
>I wrote:
>>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.artists.reb-st-james/msg/4cdf26df532c1ac7
>
>That concert was on February 13, so I guess another anniversary
>has passed.
>
>Last night--technically early Monday morning--I looked in the mirror
>and realized I was wearing the new Chris LeDoux shirt handed to me at
>no charge by the third of his five children, and listening to the new
>Rebecca St. James CD handed to me at no charge by the third of her five
>younger brothers.
>
>Sometimes I think I'd like to pawn this brain for spending money.

Or, if your luck holds out, you'll be handed a new one by a brain
surgeon's third of five children. {;o)

>Happy Valentine's Day, just in case.

Ditto.

-- Christian

Message has been deleted

Kurt Evans

Feb 16, 2006, 3:46:39 AM2/16/06
"Ulrict Reinhold" <ur...@tokyo.com> wrote:
>Why would you want to listen to her music?

Sometimes it reminds me Jesus loves me.

>Seriously. I haven't read all of your posts related to St. James
>but from what I have, it seems like you aren't very happy with
>the way she treated you in the past.

I'm not very happy with the way she and her father are treating me
in the present either, but I'm trying to understand.

>Have you guys reconciled or not?

Not yet. We had a pleasant conversation at the end of her autograph
line on December 30, but she didn't appear to recognize me, and I
thought that was probably just as well.

Before the Sioux Falls concert I decided I'd try to talk to her dad,
then determine whether to try to talk to Rebecca based on his reaction
to me. He was cold as a stone. He acted like he didn't remember who
I was, but I find it hard to believe he'd treat a stranger that badly.
There were tears in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure I could have jogged his memory by repeating a couple
of the hurtful things I shouted at him in November 2001, but since
I don't believe those things anymore, I said a couple of nice things
I do believe and let him go.

At Jesus' mercy,
Kurt

Jerry B. Ray, Jr.

Feb 16, 2006, 9:30:31 AM2/16/06
Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm pretty sure I could have jogged his memory by repeating a couple
>of the hurtful things I shouted at him in November 2001, but since
>I don't believe those things anymore, I said a couple of nice things
>I do believe and let him go.

You could tell him you're the creepy stalker guy that's been harassing
his daughter in newsgroups for years, that'd probably jog his memory.

JRjr
--
%%%%% Jerry B. Ray, Jr. %%%%%%%% www.prism.gatech.edu/~jr70 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%
"Some will shake off the sloth of faithlessness

Jason Steiner

Feb 16, 2006, 4:29:06 PM2/16/06
Jerry B. Ray, Jr. <jr...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm pretty sure I could have jogged his memory by repeating a
> > couple of the hurtful things I shouted at him in November 2001,
> > but since I don't believe those things anymore, I said a couple
> > of nice things I do believe and let him go.
>
> You could tell him you're the creepy stalker guy that's been
> harassing his daughter in newsgroups for years, that'd probably jog
> his memory.

Y'know, my wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year.

Kurt's obsession with a woman he's not in a relationship with has
lasted longer than that. Longer than most marriages.

jason

--
"Listen, my boy, I can't abide children. I know it's the style nowadays to
make a terrible fuss over you - but I don't go for it. As far as I'm concerned,

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jeff Edwards

Feb 17, 2006, 9:44:30 AM2/17/06
Jason Steiner <ja...@gaydeceiver.com> wrote in

> Jerry B. Ray, Jr. <jr...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
>> Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pretty sure I could have jogged his memory by repeating a
>> > couple of the hurtful things I shouted at him in November 2001,
>> > but since I don't believe those things anymore, I said a couple
>> > of nice things I do believe and let him go.
>>
>> You could tell him you're the creepy stalker guy that's been
>> harassing his daughter in newsgroups for years, that'd probably jog
>> his memory.
>
> Y'know, my wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year.
>
> Kurt's obsession with a woman he's not in a relationship with has
> lasted longer than that. Longer than most marriages.
>
> jason

Congrats, Jason. My wife and I passed 10 less than a year ago.

Anyhow, I haven't checked in on RMC in probably a year or more - this
RSJ thing is *still* going on? Good grief.

-Jeff

Michael A. Vickers

Feb 18, 2006, 9:16:40 PM2/18/06
Jeff Edwards wrote:

>Anyhow, I haven't checked in on RMC in probably a year or more - this
>RSJ thing is *still* going on? Good grief.

Mental illness just doesn't cure itself, you know.

Michael

Andrew Kerr

Feb 18, 2006, 10:39:34 PM2/18/06
Jeff Edwards wrote:
> Anyhow, I haven't checked in on RMC in probably a year or more - this
> RSJ thing is *still* going on? Good grief.
>
> -Jeff

Kurt usually just posts some random obscure political stuff to which
nobody responds. Once in a while he makes one of his (in)famous pleas
for RSJ to get in touch with him. And even less often, somebody asks him
about it. You have stumbled upon one of those times.

There really hasn't been much traffic around here lately. We had a short
discussion several weeks ago about the current state of Christian music
(ironically enough, it was started by a troll - the subject was
"Inquiry," in case you want to look it up).

Andrew

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jason Steiner

Feb 20, 2006, 10:44:55 AM2/20/06
Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Jeff Edwards" <paranoi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >> ... this RSJ thing is *still* going on?

> "Michael Vickers" <mavi...@kings-x.com> wrote:
> >Mental illness just doesn't cure itself, you know.
>
> That reminds me of a quote one of my pastors shared in church this
> morning:
>
> "We do not naturally live in close, harmonious, giving, and forgiving
> relationships. Without the Holy Spirit, we use people or are used by
> them... Loneliness drives people into one place, but that does not mean
> that they are together ..." --Lloyd J. Ogilvie

The Holy Spirit doesn't cure mental illness either.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CMM

Feb 21, 2006, 12:34:32 PM2/21/06
On 21 Feb 2006 07:42:36 -0800, "Glengary Moast"
<glen-ga...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Kurt Evans wrote:

>> Jason Steiner <ja...@gaydeceiver.com> wrote:
>> >The Holy Spirit doesn't cure mental illness either.
>>

>> Sure He does.
>>
>> Kurt
>
>Perhaps not in all instances...

Not in this one, at least.

-- Christian

Message has been deleted

Jason Steiner

Feb 21, 2006, 3:49:36 PM2/21/06
Ulrict Reinhold <ur...@tokyo.com> wrote:

> Very nice summary of the R.M.C. state of things...
>
> Whatever happened to Bev anyway? Last thing I heard was that she hooked
> up with some guy in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wednesday_White

Blogging at websnark.com these days.

Jason Steiner

Feb 21, 2006, 3:51:55 PM2/21/06
Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jason Steiner <ja...@gaydeceiver.com> wrote:
> > The Holy Spirit doesn't cure mental illness either.
>
> Sure He does.

Not so's anybody'd notice a difference.

Message has been deleted

Jeff Edwards

Feb 22, 2006, 6:15:34 PM2/22/06
"Ulrict Reinhold" <ur...@tokyo.com> wrote in
> It would have been interesting to hear her perspective on the Kurt //
> Reb St. James saga. :-)

In my experience, most good sagas involve dialogue. This seems to be more
of a monologue, and a repetitive and boring one at that.

-Jeff

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

no spam @yahoo.com Breeze

Feb 24, 2006, 8:18:40 AM2/24/06
"Kurt Evans" wrote:
> Jesus loves me, He who died
> Heaven's gates to open wide
> He will wash away my sin
> Let this little child come in
>
> At His mercy,
> Kurt

His mercy forgave you when you didn't deserve it. Move on to His **grace**
which gives you power to live above simply being forgiven.

With grace, you walk in God's strength, not your own. On your own, you keep
coming back here, living according to the immature desires of your flesh,
like a child (not in the "let the children come to me sense), hoping your
antics will get someone to pay attention to you, simply ticking off people,
which really has turned into you being bait for the occasional joke or you
simply being ignored, since you have worn on so many people over the years.
Is that really what you want your life to be?

If you live according to the patterns of living which you've developed to
cope with life over the years, which have been prominently displayed here, I
sense that you will take what I've written here and parse it and break it
down and justify your foolishness, and you will carry on as is.

However, with graceYou *can* live above all of this.

soundd...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2006, 6:27:58 PM2/24/06
Actually Jason...that's not true. Nebuchadnezzar experienced this
apparently. I mean he was only into eating grass...not smoking it so
much...but..you should give it a try gay boy and see what happens!
neeeever know! :-)

Hehe. Oh some things...never seem to change huh? This has been
officially my longest recess from posting in RMC since it's inception I
do believe. Well..we were banned right before it started as I've told
many of you. btw I know a local who is an admin and he's going to
...check some old data archives :-). We *might* just find those
articles finally that were deleted from the archives which
included...100% of the things I personally contributed to
talk.religion.misc leaving only one xpost to sci.research . I'll bet
somebody would not like it if all that stuff got posted :-). -Bob

Jason Steiner

Feb 24, 2006, 9:30:42 PM2/24/06
Kurt Evans <everythin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Jason Steiner" <ja...@gaydeceiver.com> wrote:
> >Not so's anybody'd notice a difference.
>
> Jesus loves me, He who died
> Heaven's gates to open wide
> He will wash away my sin
> Let this little child come in

I'm sure that when Jesus takes your psychotic little child in, a lot
of people will breathe a sigh of relief.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted