Lorenzo Detuono Q (LSJ)

librarian

Nov 9, 2007, 1:40:42 PM11/9/07
Text on Lorenzo:

Lorenzo Detuono [LotN:U]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Giovanni
Group: 5
Capacity: 9
Discipline: aus dem DOM NEC POT
Independent. Red List: If Lorenzo is ready at the end of combat and the
opposing minion is not, Lorenzo may burn 5 blood to move the opposing
minion to your ready region (with 1 life for an ally with no life) instead.
Artist: Andrew Trabbold

1. A burning vampire is "not ready" and thus satisfies Lorenzo's text.
Correct?

2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct?
And therefore must hunt immediately I assume.

3. If at some point in the future a vamp can be "removed from game"
during combat, I assume Lorenzo cannot bring them back to your ready region?

Thanks,

chris
--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

LSJ

Nov 9, 2007, 1:49:35 PM11/9/07
librarian wrote:
> Text on Lorenzo:
>
> Lorenzo Detuono [LotN:U]
> Cardtype: Vampire
> Clan: Giovanni
> Group: 5
> Capacity: 9
> Discipline: aus dem DOM NEC POT
> Independent. Red List: If Lorenzo is ready at the end of combat and the
> opposing minion is not, Lorenzo may burn 5 blood to move the opposing
> minion to your ready region (with 1 life for an ally with no life) instead.
> Artist: Andrew Trabbold
>
> 1. A burning vampire is "not ready" and thus satisfies Lorenzo's text.
> Correct?

Correct.

> 2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct? And
> therefore must hunt immediately I assume.

Not necessarily. If you burn the vampire with blood still on him (via aggravated
damage and Decapitate/Garrote, for example), he keeps the blood he has.

> 3. If at some point in the future a vamp can be "removed from game"
> during combat, I assume Lorenzo cannot bring them back to your ready
> region?

Future? You mean like Abandoning the Flesh?

Yes, the card removed from the game is unreachable.

XZealot

Nov 9, 2007, 2:57:38 PM11/9/07
On Nov 9, 12:49 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> librarian wrote:
> > Text on Lorenzo:
>
> > Lorenzo Detuono [LotN:U]
> > Cardtype: Vampire
> > Clan: Giovanni
> > Group: 5
> > Capacity: 9
> > Discipline: aus dem DOM NEC POT
> > Independent. Red List: If Lorenzo is ready at the end of combat and the
> > opposing minion is not, Lorenzo may burn 5 blood to move the opposing
> > minion to your ready region (with 1 life for an ally with no life) instead.
> > Artist: Andrew Trabbold
>
> > 1. A burning vampire is "not ready" and thus satisfies Lorenzo's text.
> > Correct?
>
> Correct.
>
> > 2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct? And
> > therefore must hunt immediately I assume.
>
> Not necessarily. If you burn the vampire with blood still on him (via aggravated
> damage and Decapitate/Garrote, for example), he keeps the blood he has.

Is the target vampire still considered burnt for the purposes of
collecting trophies if you use his special?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

crispyfloss

Nov 9, 2007, 3:01:47 PM11/9/07
On Nov 9, 10:49 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> librarian wrote:

> > 2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct? And
> > therefore must hunt immediately I assume.

> Not necessarily. If you burn the vampire with blood still on him (via aggravated
> damage and Decapitate/Garrote, for example), he keeps the blood he has.

I'm trying to reconcile this with the following ruling re Anathema/
Amaranth:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e7e0853d6407805

That post seems to say the Amaranth diablerie happens within the four
walls of combat. I.e., effects that trigger "during combat" will
trigger during the diablerie that follows from Amaranth.

So if Lorenzo strikes aggravated damage and then Amaranth, the
opponent is diablerized. Blood and equipment is transferred, then the
opponent is burned, etc. Since effects can't interrupt diablerie
(rules 6.5.5-.6), Lorenzo can use his ability when the diablerie
completes, prior to the blood hunt referendum?

And then a blood hunt referendum is called, even though the putative
victim is, in fact, alive and well and enjoying a speedy recovery on
the Amalfi Coast?

LSJ

Nov 9, 2007, 3:22:07 PM11/9/07
XZealot wrote:
>>> Lorenzo Detuono [LotN:U]

>>> Independent. Red List: If Lorenzo is ready at the end of combat and the
>>> opposing minion is not, Lorenzo may burn 5 blood to move the opposing
>>> minion to your ready region (with 1 life for an ally with no life) instead.

> Is the target vampire still considered burnt for the purposes of

> collecting trophies if you use his special?

No. Card text: "instead".

LSJ

Nov 9, 2007, 3:25:17 PM11/9/07
crispyfloss wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:49 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> librarian wrote:
>
>>> 2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct? And
>>> therefore must hunt immediately I assume.
>
>> Not necessarily. If you burn the vampire with blood still on him (via aggravated
>> damage and Decapitate/Garrote, for example), he keeps the blood he has.
>
> I'm trying to reconcile this with the following ruling re Anathema/
> Amaranth:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e7e0853d6407805
>
> That post seems to say the Amaranth diablerie happens within the four
> walls of combat. I.e., effects that trigger "during combat" will
> trigger during the diablerie that follows from Amaranth.

Yes.

> So if Lorenzo strikes aggravated damage and then Amaranth, the
> opponent is diablerized. Blood and equipment is transferred, then the
> opponent is burned, etc. Since effects can't interrupt diablerie
> (rules 6.5.5-.6), Lorenzo can use his ability when the diablerie
> completes, prior to the blood hunt referendum?

No. "instead".

Lorenzo strikes, agg, wounds the opposing vampire, plays Amaranth, the diablerie
would burn the opposing vampire, but he uses his special to take control of the
opposing vampire "instead".

> And then a blood hunt referendum is called, even though the putative
> victim is, in fact, alive and well and enjoying a speedy recovery on
> the Amalfi Coast?

No diablerie = no blood hunt.

So basically, all playing Amaranth accomplishes in that scenario is the cycling
of the card.

librarian

Nov 9, 2007, 4:43:56 PM11/9/07
LSJ wrote:
> librarian wrote:
>> Text on Lorenzo:
>>
>> Lorenzo Detuono [LotN:U]
>> Cardtype: Vampire
>> Clan: Giovanni
>> Group: 5
>> Capacity: 9
>> Discipline: aus dem DOM NEC POT
>> Independent. Red List: If Lorenzo is ready at the end of combat and
>> the opposing minion is not, Lorenzo may burn 5 blood to move the
>> opposing minion to your ready region (with 1 life for an ally with no
>> life) instead.
>> Artist: Andrew Trabbold
>>
>> 1. A burning vampire is "not ready" and thus satisfies Lorenzo's text.
>> Correct?
>
> Correct.
>
>> 2. A burnt vampire comes to your ready region with 0 blood, correct?
>> And therefore must hunt immediately I assume.
>
> Not necessarily. If you burn the vampire with blood still on him (via
> aggravated damage and Decapitate/Garrote, for example), he keeps the
> blood he has.

Wow. So burnt or otherwise rendered "unready" (except removed from
game), all equipment and other conditions (tappedness, anarchness,
temptations, etc) also come with the vamp?

best -

LSJ

Nov 9, 2007, 7:14:35 PM11/9/07

Correct.