2 Final Night card q's (LSJ)

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Umbradomo

unread,
Jun 10, 2001, 12:36:05 PM6/10/01
to
Hey awsome set. The cards in FNs will change and expand alot of decks for
the near future. Again GREAT JOB.
But some of use at the tourney did have a few questions about some of the
cards.

first:
Sommon Soul - Action
+1 Stealh action
nec: Gain 2 blood.
Nec: remove this card form the game and move up to 2 cards from your ash
heap to your library. Shuffle your library.

Is the basic version supposed to be:
a: This vamp gains 2 blood. or
b: Gain 2 pool.

It's worded like it's supposed to be B, but it says blood. We where playing
as A at the tourney.

second:
Marcianna Giovanni, Investigator - Vamp
Independant
Bleed actions cost Marcianna an additional blood. Tap Marcianna and choose a
non-sabbat vampire to allow that vampite to burn 1 blood to get +1
intercept.
1: Her +1 blood for actions is for action card, correct?
2a: When can you tap her for her second action? Anytime during any turn or
when an action is declared by an opponent?
2b: How long does her ability last. Until the action is complete, until the
end of the current turn or until she untaps during your next turn?


Thanx and other then these I think these we about the only cards we really
had any problems with. Except for the really small and sometimes funky print
on cards such as "Save Face" and another that I can't remember.


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

LSJ

unread,
Jun 10, 2001, 2:12:49 PM6/10/01
to
Umbradomo wrote:
>
> Hey awsome set. The cards in FNs will change and expand alot of decks for
> the near future. Again GREAT JOB.
> But some of use at the tourney did have a few questions about some of the
> cards.
>
> first:
> Sommon Soul - Action
> +1 Stealh action
> nec: Gain 2 blood.
> Nec: remove this card from the game and move up to 2 cards from your ash

> heap to your library. Shuffle your library.
>
> Is the basic version supposed to be:
> a: This vamp gains 2 blood. or
> b: Gain 2 pool.

a (by the card text you quoted).

> It's worded like it's supposed to be B, but it says blood. We where playing
> as A at the tourney.

It's worded as 'a'.



> second:
> Marcianna Giovanni, Investigator - Vamp
> Independant
> Bleed actions cost Marcianna an additional blood. Tap Marcianna and choose a
> non-sabbat vampire to allow that vampite to burn 1 blood to get +1
> intercept.
> 1: Her +1 blood for actions is for action card, correct?

Not by card text, no. It's for bleed actions.

> 2a: When can you tap her for her second action? Anytime during any turn or
> when an action is declared by an opponent?

What second action?
Her intercept-giving ability is not an action. The text makes no
restriction on
the timing of that ability. cf. KRCG News Radio et al.

> 2b: How long does her ability last. Until the action is complete, until the
> end of the current turn or until she untaps during your next turn?

[6.2.2.2] answers this.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and tournament rules:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

John Flournoy

unread,
Jun 11, 2001, 5:48:09 PM6/11/01
to
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B23B8A1...@white-wolf.com>...
> Umbradomo wrote:

*snip*

> > second:
> > Marcianna Giovanni, Investigator - Vamp
> > Independant
> > Bleed actions cost Marcianna an additional blood. Tap Marcianna and choose a
> > non-sabbat vampire to allow that vampite to burn 1 blood to get +1
> > intercept.
> > 1: Her +1 blood for actions is for action card, correct?
>
> Not by card text, no. It's for bleed actions.
>
> > 2a: When can you tap her for her second action? Anytime during any turn or
> > when an action is declared by an opponent?
>
> What second action?
> Her intercept-giving ability is not an action. The text makes no
> restriction on
> the timing of that ability. cf. KRCG News Radio et al.
>
> > 2b: How long does her ability last. Until the action is complete, until the
> > end of the current turn or until she untaps during your next turn?
>
> [6.2.2.2] answers this.

Actually, it doesn't answer the intended question - Kevin may not have
expressed himself well.

The question is NOT 'how long does the intercept last when the target
of Marcianna's ability pays one blood', which as you noted is
explicitly answered in [6.2.2.2], but rather 'when Marcianna taps, how
long does the vampire gain the ability to spend for intercept?' -
specifically, in the pre-release tournament Kevin was judging, the
question arose of 'I'm going to tap Mariana during my turn, declaring
this other vampire (sake of argument, Tegyrius) as having the ability
to spend one blood for one intercept. Tegyrius chooses not to use that
ability right now, not needing intercept yet, but he'll use this
ability later.'

So Kevin's question is better phrased as 'how long does Marcianna
grant the ability 'can spend one blood for one intercept' to the
target vampire?

For that matter, it's really a question of *any* cards like this:
nothing in 6.2.2.2 (at least the on-line set) specifies how long a
vampire would retain the ability to spend blood for intercept as
granted by Marcianna - the Rumor Mill, in comparison, specifies that
the ability is granted for the current action only - Marcianna's card
text makes no such specification.

Thanks in advance...

-John Flournoy
-flo...@charlie.cns.iit.edu

LSJ

unread,
Jun 12, 2001, 8:55:44 AM6/12/01
to
John Flournoy wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B23B8A1...@white-wolf.com>...
> > Umbradomo wrote:
> The question is NOT 'how long does the intercept last when the target
> of Marcianna's ability pays one blood', which as you noted is
> explicitly answered in [6.2.2.2], but rather 'when Marcianna taps, how
> long does the vampire gain the ability to spend for intercept?' -
> specifically, in the pre-release tournament Kevin was judging, the
> question arose of 'I'm going to tap Mariana during my turn, declaring
> this other vampire (sake of argument, Tegyrius) as having the ability
> to spend one blood for one intercept. Tegyrius chooses not to use that
> ability right now, not needing intercept yet, but he'll use this
> ability later.'
>
> So Kevin's question is better phrased as 'how long does Marcianna
> grant the ability 'can spend one blood for one intercept' to the
> target vampire?

Momentarily - it is not a continuing effect. The vampire utilizes
the ability when Marciana taps or not at all.

Sort of like Business Pressure.

Lionel Panhaleux

unread,
Mar 18, 2020, 1:00:01 PM3/18/20
to
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages