Alec Baldwin, armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter

Catrike Rider

Jan 19, 2023, 11:27:15 AM1/19/23

Alec Baldwin has been criminally charged in connection with the “Rust”
shooting which left a cinematographer dead, prosecutors said Thursday.

New Mexico prosecutors charged both Baldwin and armorer Hannah
Gutierrez-Reed with two federal counts of involuntary manslaughter
over the death of Halyna Hutchins on the “Rust” film set in October
2021, when a real bullet was loaded into a prop gun. Alec Baldwin has
been criminally charged in connection with the “Rust” shooting which
left a cinematographer dead, prosecutors said Thursday.

After a thorough review of the evidence and the laws of the state of
New Mexico, I have determined that there is sufficient evidence to
file criminal charges against Alec Baldwin and other members of the
‘Rust’ film crew,” Carmack-Altwies said. On my watch, no one is above
the law, and everyone deserves justice.”

Assistant director David Halls, who handed Baldwin the loaded gun,
accepted a misdemeanor charge in a plea deal.

The long-awaited decision to charge the “30 Rock” star and three
others came after a meticulous investigation revealed all bore
responsibility for the shooting that killed married mom Halyna
Hutchins, 42 and injured Joel Souza, 49.

Each defendant will get a preliminary court hearing within 60 days to
determine if there is probable cause to go to trial, prosecutors
said.

While Carmack-Altwies previously acknowledged Baldwin was responsible
for firing the fatal round, she said “many individuals” on-set had
handled the gun prior to the tragedy and could be criminally liable.

During the initial investigation, detectives from the Santa Fe
Sheriff’s Office said they found a mixture of dummy and live rounds
scattered throughout the set, which is a violation of industry safety
standards. At the time, Carmack-Altwies said determining how the live
rounds got to the set “will be one of the most important factors going
into a charging decision.”

The crew member in charge of ammo and weapons on set, armorer Hannah
Gutierrez-Reed, has repeatedly denied responsibility for the shooting.
In January, she filed suit against the props company that supplied the
rounds, alleging they sold blanks and lives mixed together.

At the time of the shooting, Baldwin was sitting on a pew in a mock
church at the Bonanza Creek Ranch rehearsing a cross draw as Hutchins
and Souza stood behind the camera.

As he rehearsed, he pulled out the gun, pointed it directly at the
camera and fired a single bullet that struck both Hutchins and Souza.

The Emmy winner has repeatedly denied pulling the trigger, saying the
gun went off accidentally, but an FBI forensic report released in
August concluded the firearm couldn’t have gone off unless someone
pulled the trigger.

Souza told police he recalled hearing the phrase “cold gun” while
preparing for the scene, indicating the firearm wasn’t loaded and was
safe for use, but he couldn’t remember if the gun had been checked
before it was handed to Baldwin.

More at:
https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/alec-baldwin-charged-in-fatal-rust-shooting-of-halyna-hutchins/

If you pick up or are handed a gun, the first thing you do is check if
it's loaded. If you don't know how to check, you don't touch it, or
assume that it's loaded. At any rate you always handle a gun loaded or
not, as if it's loaded.

John B.

Jan 19, 2023, 7:08:19 PM1/19/23
One thing I wonder about. There is a very distinct difference between
"blank" cartridges and "loaded" cartridges both in appearance and in
weight. Sufficiently that it seems very odd that anyone could mix them
up.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 19, 2023, 7:27:40 PM1/19/23
On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:07:35 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I think they also have dummy cartridges that look like the real ones
but don't fire. I doubt all the cartridges on Roy Roger's gun belt
were real. I have no idea how you tell the difference but I sure as
hell wouldn't handle without knowing... being 100% sure.

At any rate, Baldwin claimed he didn't pull the trigger, but I
understand that the gun had a firing pin lock, which prevented firing
unless the trigger has been pulled.

AMuzi

Jan 19, 2023, 8:16:22 PM1/19/23
As I understand it loaded cartridges are normally not
allowed on film sets. The rounds in question were from a
previous filming crew and that prior prop manager had asked
for them back but was denied by Mr Baldwin.

Moreover the crew (which persons?) was in the habit of
shooting in the desert between takes using live ammo.

Then again live rounds should never be in a 'prop' pistol
and the official armorer was inexperienced and new.

It's a messy case and I don't have a well formed opinion.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Frank Krygowski

Jan 19, 2023, 10:58:16 PM1/19/23
On 1/19/2023 8:16 PM, AMuzi wrote:

> Moreover the crew (which persons?) was in the habit of shooting in the
> desert between takes using live ammo.

Well then, it's all OK! You've got to let guys have fun! So what if
there's a little problem from time to time?

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Jan 20, 2023, 9:09:43 AM1/20/23
The protocol is to engage an armorer to manage weapons on
set and multiple checks. As I wrote this is a very messy
case and a resolution is not at all clear to me.

Tom Kunich

Jan 20, 2023, 12:36:05 PM1/20/23
While it might have been our extremely accurate and efficient news services, the gun that was shown as the Rust gun was a double action cowboy revolver. It would be EXTREMELY bad practice to point a gun at ANYONE and pull the trigger. In all of the cowboy movies they did NOT aim at each other but off target. Even those phony bullets hurt when they hit you.

AMuzi

Jan 20, 2023, 1:00:52 PM1/20/23
On 1/20/2023 11:36 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 4:27:40 PM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:07:35 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> One thing I wonder about. There is a very distinct difference between
>>> "blank" cartridges and "loaded" cartridges both in appearance and in
>>> weight. Sufficiently that it seems very odd that anyone could mix them
>>> up.
>> I think they also have dummy cartridges that look like the real ones
>> but don't fire. I doubt all the cartridges on Roy Roger's gun belt
>> were real. I have no idea how you tell the difference but I sure as
>> hell wouldn't handle without knowing... being 100% sure.
>>
>> At any rate, Baldwin claimed he didn't pull the trigger, but I
>> understand that the gun had a firing pin lock, which prevented firing
>> unless the trigger has been pulled.
> While it might have been our extremely accurate and efficient news services, the gun that was shown as the Rust gun was a double action cowboy revolver. It would be EXTREMELY bad practice to point a gun at ANYONE and pull the trigger. In all of the cowboy movies they did NOT aim at each other but off target. Even those phony bullets hurt when they hit you.

That's wrong.

The voluminous photos of the actual pistol shown for months
are of a classic Single Action Army replica:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/behind-the-scenes-troubles-of-alec-baldwin-rust-shooting/

Tom Kunich

Jan 20, 2023, 3:11:53 PM1/20/23
The only difference is the double action. These guns in order to be accurate had to be sighted using the gun sights. In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons. So if they were using closeups they would use very light loads and soft bullets. But you still didn't want to get hit with one. Dirty Harry supposedly used a .44 magnum with hollow points. The impact of a bullet like that hitting center mass would turn a body to mush. Most of the gun talk in movies is uninformed.

Again I am shocked that Baldwin was never told to not aim directly at another person. You sure as heoll can't tell on the movie screen.

Catrike Rider

Jan 20, 2023, 4:43:15 PM1/20/23
It was a replica of a 1870s Colt single action..

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 20, 2023, 6:56:33 PM1/20/23
On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:11:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons.

Baloney. Give me ONE reason why one could not use blank ammunition in
a revolver.
<https://collectorsarmoury.com/blank-guns/>

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 20, 2023, 7:20:33 PM1/20/23
On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:56:25 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:11:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
><cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons.
>
>Baloney. Give me ONE reason why one could not use blank ammunition in
>a revolver.
><https://collectorsarmoury.com/blank-guns/>

The weapon in question was an 1873 Colt Single Action revolver. Here
are some that fire blanks:
<https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/Blank-Firing-c72.htm>
<https://vintageordnance.com/products/old-west-colt-m1873-9mm-fast-draw-blank-firing-revolver-blued-or-nickel-finish-by-bruni>
<https://www.by-the-sword.com/p-43284-deluxe-1873-6mm-fast-draw-blank-firing-revolver-nickel.aspx>
etc. More of the same:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=blank+firing+1873+colt+single+action>

John B.

Jan 20, 2023, 8:36:24 PM1/20/23
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:11:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
><cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons.
>
>Baloney. Give me ONE reason why one could not use blank ammunition in
>a revolver.
><https://collectorsarmoury.com/blank-guns/>

I believe that the revolver in question was simply a Colt Revolver, or
look alike. The 1873 model I believe.

But the news reports are a real muddle. the Armorer was new! Not
qualified! But I can show you, in about 10 seconds, the difference
between "blank" and "real" cartridges. It is so obvious that it seems
illogical that anyone mixed them up.
see
https://www.perfectshotllc.com/product/45-long-colt-blanks-with-smoke-full-load/

--
Cheers,

John B.

Ralph Barone

Jan 20, 2023, 9:32:49 PM1/20/23
Actors are typically hired for their acting skills, not for their knowledge
of munitions. While Baldwin may have pulled the trigger, set safety should
not rely on an actor being able to differentiate a loaded cartridge from a
blank.

AMuzi

Jan 20, 2023, 9:53:50 PM1/20/23
Yes, that's right.

He's more than an actor in this venture, he's the producer.
In that capacity, he hired a novice (=less expensive)
armorer. There's also the matter of live cartridges on set,
from a prior production, which Mr Baldwin refused to return
when asked. Add in occasional plinking in the desert by cast
members (exactly who? I don't know) during breaks.

Messy all around. It will be arduous to sort out the
relevant facts.

To your point, Mr Baldwin has maintained he 'never pulled
the trigger' but FBI analysis shows that is not possible in
a Colt Single Action Army. So why would he say that? Another
confounding set of conflicting items.

I do not yet have an opinion. I think it's prudent to
reserve judgement for a while yet.

For the interested reader, Colt Single Action Army is a bit
different from modern pistol designs:

https://www.bevfitchett.us/colt-army-revolver/hammer-positions.html

John B.

Jan 20, 2023, 10:26:19 PM1/20/23
But I thought that they were complaining that the Armorer was at
fault, which I had assumed implied that she was the one that had
missed the difference between "blank" and "live" ammunition.

But, being an actor doesn't necessarily indicate that he was ignorant
regarding firearms.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Ralph Barone

Jan 21, 2023, 3:06:21 AM1/21/23
I’d forgotten he was the Producer as well. In that position he’s bound to
be found at least partially liable because he should have hired a competent
armorer and ensured their rules were followed. At least one of those
requirements appears to have not been fulfilled.

Ralph Barone

Jan 21, 2023, 3:06:21 AM1/21/23
Being an actor doesn’t indicate that he was ignorant regarding firearms,
but if you are JUST an actor (and not the producer, as Andrew corrected me
on), then you are not obligated to be a firearms expert, in which case “I
didn’t know the gun was loaded” is not a best practice, but at least a
plausible defence.

Catrike Rider

Jan 21, 2023, 3:33:46 AM1/21/23
On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 02:32:44 -0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
<ra...@invalid.com> wrote:

Anyone who picks up a gun or is handed a gun has a responsibility to
check if and with what it's loaded with. The armorer should have made
that clear to everyone on the set. Nobody who does not know to do that
and how to do that should never touch a gun.

Furthermore, nobody on the set should have had access to any gun
accept herself and the actor who was going to use the gun.

It was a rehearsal. There was no reason for the gun to be loaded with
anything, and being a revolver, anyone could easily see that it was
loaded had they simply looked at it.

It seems to me that with today's computer graphics, a movie prop gun
shouold be incapable firing anything.

Catrike Rider

Jan 21, 2023, 3:35:19 AM1/21/23
>For the interested reader, Colt vis a bit
My understanding is that it was a modern day replica of the Colt
Single Action Army, and unlike the original, had a transfer bar safety
lock that prevented the firing pin from contacting the primer cap
unless the trigger is pulled.

John B.

Jan 21, 2023, 3:55:10 AM1/21/23
On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 08:06:19 -0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
<ra...@invalid.com> wrote:

>John B. <sloc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 02:32:44 -0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
>> <ra...@invalid.com> wrote:

From reading the news I don't believe that anyone will ever know what
happened, other then the gun went Bang. Every news report I read seems
to present difference information. One stated that when he was handed
the pistol he was told it was a "cold gun" or some such term
indicating that the gun was unloaded. Another report listed a number
of Armorers stating that it was the Armorers responsible to ensure
that the weapon was safe and other Armorers stating that No! No! it
was everyone's responsibility. Plus the lawyers shouting "My Guy is
innocent" and other lawyers shouting "He did it!".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Mike A Schwab

Jan 21, 2023, 4:05:42 AM1/21/23
Baldwin pull back the hammer and was slowly letting it back. Apparently not slow enough, when it touched the round the casing ignited firing the bullet.

Mike A Schwab

Jan 21, 2023, 4:15:08 AM1/21/23
On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-6, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:11:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons.
> Baloney. Give me ONE reason why one could not use blank ammunition in
> a revolver.
> <https://collectorsarmoury.com/blank-guns/>

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382149/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1
Actor had a gun with blanks. Didn't follow rule of a minimum distance between gun and other objects. Held against his skull and pulled trigger, blowing a chunk of skull through his brain. I really liked his previous show, Voyages 1982-3, where he and a kid travel through time with a watch.

Catrike Rider

Jan 21, 2023, 4:31:10 AM1/21/23
And apparently doing that with the trigger being pulled. Unless the
gun has a decocker, (this one did not) the hammer cannot be decocked
without the trigger being pulled. I have performed that on several
different guns and always with the gun pointed at the ground or a safe
place. All my current hammer fired guns have decockers and even then I
always point the gun at a safe place when I do it.

IMHO there are several more individuals on that set that should be
charged.

Catrike Rider

Jan 21, 2023, 4:46:59 AM1/21/23
On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 01:15:06 -0800 (PST), Mike A Schwab
<mike.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-6, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:11:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In the movies they could not use blanks for many reasons.
>> Baloney. Give me ONE reason why one could not use blank ammunition in
>> a revolver.
>> <https://collectorsarmoury.com/blank-guns/>

A blank looks very different from a real round and there are occasions
when the audience sees the ammunition.. like the bullets in Roy
Roger's gun belt.

For those occasions a dummy round is used. They look like a real one,
but are harmless. I have no idea how you tell them apart, but I think
you must be able to do it.

>https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382149/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1
>Actor had a gun with blanks. Didn't follow rule of a minimum distance between gun and other objects. Held against his skull and pulled trigger, blowing a chunk of skull through his brain. I really liked his previous show, Voyages 1982-3, where he and a kid travel through time with a watch.

Morons and guns don't mix well.

Andre Jute

Jan 21, 2023, 9:46:42 AM1/21/23
It seems to me that Baldwin was throwing his considerable weight around when he refused to return the live cartridges to the production company which previously rented that pistol. (The other production management acted cautiously and correctly, and may thereby avoid liability.) That's already a massive liability on Baldwin, which could give the production's insurance an out. It is also proof that Baldwin knew there were live bullets on the set. And that's the prosecutor's case made. "And yet, knowing there were live bullets on set, he pointed a loaded firearm at a person? I ask you, members of the jury!"

Andre Jute
Clear thinker.

Tom Kunich

Jan 21, 2023, 10:33:54 AM1/21/23
Actor or not he was NOT supposed to fire that gun actually at someone. John knows that as well as Catrike. The camera angles are supposed to be set so that you cannot tell that they are not firing directly at each other.

Tom Kunich

Jan 21, 2023, 10:36:29 AM1/21/23
Think about what you just said Mike. A primer has to be hit hard to ignite.

Tom Kunich

Jan 21, 2023, 10:38:19 AM1/21/23
It is astonishing to me that it took so long to charge him.

Tom Kunich

Jan 21, 2023, 4:03:43 PM1/21/23
I should also add that "blanks" are not actually non-firing casings, They have to go "BANG" to seem real. This means that they have a primer and a powder load in them. Then have to have sufficient power behind them to push that "bullet" clear of the barrel, or a second shot could blow the gun up in the user's hand. This is why you DON'T point a gun at anyone blanks or not. It is astonishing to me that people that know ZERO about guns would comment on them. Blanks are dangerous. If they hit you in the chest they hurt and if they hit you in the eye they could blind you. None of the actors that played quick draw cowboys knew where they were aiming so they did not aim at the other actors, They used camera angles to make it appear that they were shooting at someone.

Rolf Mantel

Jan 23, 2023, 9:17:30 AM1/23/23
That's probably the reason why most developed countries other than the
USA do not allow selling guns to morons.

Catrike Rider

Jan 23, 2023, 10:02:23 AM1/23/23
Same here in the USA, but morons like Alec Baldwin still manage to get
their hands on them...

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 23, 2023, 10:25:04 AM1/23/23
Baldwin wasn't _the_ producer, he was _a_ producer, one of several. According to IMDB the credited producers on the film were Alec Baldwin, Matt DelPiano, Ryan Donnell Smith, Anjul Nigam, Ryan Winterstern, and Nathan Klingher. Producers in this capacity are more like investors. The contribute money to the project, and depending on their level of investment and contractual agreement, may have anywhere from no say at all into the production up to casting and scripting decisions. It isn't likely someone at Baldwins level have much input at all into hiring the armorer or any other member of the crew.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 23, 2023, 10:43:25 AM1/23/23
Consider yourself lucky. If they actually enforced those laws you would certainly be excluded from owning a weapon.

AMuzi

Jan 23, 2023, 10:56:49 AM1/23/23
On 1/23/2023 9:25 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 9:53:50 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

> Baldwin wasn't _the_ producer, he was _a_ producer, one of several. According to IMDB the credited producers on the film were Alec Baldwin, Matt DelPiano, Ryan Donnell Smith, Anjul Nigam, Ryan Winterstern, and Nathan Klingher. Producers in this capacity are more like investors. The contribute money to the project, and depending on their level of investment and contractual agreement, may have anywhere from no say at all into the production up to casting and scripting decisions. It isn't likely someone at Baldwins level have much input at all into hiring the armorer or any other member of the crew.

Thank you.
I did not realize that 'producer' is a committee.

Still and all, this is not a simple case and woe to the jury.

Tom Kunich

Jan 23, 2023, 5:53:10 PM1/23/23
This reminds me of that Scharf trick of proving me wring about the $123 roast by only showing the first half of the sales bulletin. That there are several producers doesn't mean much if Baldwin hired the armorer and gave her orders and if she was incompetent and he was too stupid to know that. So as usual Flunky, like Liebermann, is an expert at all he surveys which is nothing at all.

Andre Jute

Jan 23, 2023, 6:32:45 PM1/23/23
In any event that moron Flunky got it altogether wrong. The guy with the yes-power is the last executive producer whose name appears on the screen. The guy who actually operates the filming site is the line producer. There is a producer above the line producer, and he's the last credit onscreen before the director. All the rest may just be CV-building credits*, or they may be embedded snitches for the financiers of a movie. Let's say BBC TV has a contract with a writer and a production company but doesn't want to risk all the money of an expensive production, then they part out pieces of the exhibition rights to, say, a German and a French broadcaster, and bring in Canadian TV as well, and then discover the production will be even more expensive than anyone thought, and so a star has to be brought in, which ups the ante but acts as a sort of guarantee of the return, so Netflix comes in for say half the cost and gives a star they may have under contract for x number of productions to this production. All these institutions and people have what for them is a huge amount of money on the line, and they name co-producers who, as I said already, are commonly knowledgeable snitches. They're very unlikely to have script approval, or anything like it; if the production company has serious rights, the person with the yes-power can be found in the rollers at the back of the film, among those listed as "executive producer for XYZ Distant Broadcaster", to whom their embedded producer on the set will report.

* I'm not joking. There was a notorious case where a secretary got a co-production credit on a huge movie for carrying the script for the movie in to the producer's office...

An experienced actor with a strong personality like Baldwin can either be a real producer (a common event these days), or just demand to be pandered to by the producer and line producer. They would in any event certainly listen to a suggestion that he likes working with A N Othershooter as an armorer. On any production with a big star there are umpteen people who owe their inclusion in the production to the star; even where this is not the case, people on a production don't like saying "no" to a star.

Andre Jute
Innocents abroad in Chaosland can do worse than read William Goldman's Adventures in the Screen Trade

Tom Kunich

Jan 23, 2023, 8:13:53 PM1/23/23
I'd say that Flunky shows his worth by posting under a pseudonym

Frank Krygowski

Jan 23, 2023, 9:48:02 PM1/23/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 8:13:53 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'd say that Flunky shows his worth by posting under a pseudonym

:-) Like that guy who rides nothing but a tricycle? And what's the real name of that Irish
former-pseudo-writer?

- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 24, 2023, 3:33:22 AM1/24/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:13:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 3:32:45 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:

Imo, identifying yourself on social media is like an invitation for
contact above and beyond social media, such as advertising your
business. Using a pseudonym simply means the only contact I want to
have with you is inside the social media platform.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 5:39:52 AM1/24/23
Tom, you're a stupid piece of shit and a fucking liar at that. Both Scharf and I showed the entire flier, you're just to much of a fucking moron to know how to open and read the entire link.

> That there are several producers doesn't mean much if Baldwin hired the armorer and gave her orders and if she was incompetent and he was too stupid to know that.

Baldwin didn't hire her, you stupid fuck.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 6:07:06 AM1/24/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 6:32:45 PM UTC-5, the ignorant arrogant angry little irish troll wrote:
> On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 10:53:10 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Thank you.
> > > I did not realize that 'producer' is a committee.
> > >
> > > Still and all, this is not a simple case and woe to the jury.
> > > --
> > > Andrew Muzi
> > > <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> > > Open every day since 1 April, 1971
> > This reminds me of that Scharf trick of proving me wring about the $123 roast by only showing the first half of the sales bulletin. That there are several producers doesn't mean much if Baldwin hired the armorer and gave her orders and if she was incompetent and he was too stupid to know that. So as usual Flunky, like Liebermann, is an expert at all he surveys which is nothing at all.
> >
> In any event that moron Flunky got it altogether wrong.

really, short ass? because everything you wrote confirms what I wrote, especially.

> An experienced actor with a strong personality like Baldwin can either be a real producer (a common event these days), or just demand to be pandered to by the producer and line producer. They would in any event certainly listen to a suggestion that he likes working with A N Othershooter as an armorer. On any production with a big star there are umpteen people who owe their inclusion in the production to the star; even where this is not the case, people on a production don't like saying "no" to a star.

Pure speculation on your part - IOW, you have no fucking clue what you babbling about. Oh, wait, now I guess you're going to list hollywood movie management consult among your other fictional experiences, right Mr. Mitty?

Bullshit. Here's a little _fact_ nugget for you:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/rust-budget-star-producer-armorer-fees-revealed-1235041946/

"In addition to the producers, line producer Gabrielle Pickle, who would have been in charge of hiring the crew, allocating the budget and overseeing the production, was to earn $96,198."

It's called 'research', short-ass. You might want to try it some time (More proof you never time with Karl Popper in any capcity)

Crawl back into your toad-hole, fuckface. Even tommy is sick of you polluting this groups with political bullshit.

On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 11:09:54 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/986D_mm3Twk/m/NTbOFqXWAQAJ
>
> This Group would be a far better place without the Stupid five..
> The cite would return to information MOSTLY but not entirely about bicycles as it was when Jobst moderated it.

> Andre Jute
> a writer of vanity novels and diarrhea-mouthed, long winded poster to the Usenet - where he pretends to be famous.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 6:11:43 AM1/24/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 8:13:53 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'd say that Flunky shows his worth by posting under a pseudonym

Like catrike rider?
or andre jute/andrew mccoy/dakota franklin?

On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 3:33:22 AM UTC-5, Catrike Rider wrote:

> Imo, identifying yourself on social media is like an invitation for
> contact above and beyond social media, such as advertising your
> business. Using a pseudonym simply means the only contact I want to
> have with you is inside the social media platform.

Both you and your dumber twin andre/andrew/dakota can fuck off about your 'anonymous' whining.

Tom Kunich

Jan 24, 2023, 10:07:23 AM1/24/23
My point is that Catrike at least identifies his interests. Flunky wants everyone to think he is cool beyond everyone else. He repeats this attitude by saying that he is an EE AND a manager and yet he is on this group continuously dawn to dusk. Why, he is so cool that he doesn't mind lying about anything. He is the absolute antithesis of truth.

Catrike simply states his beliefs which is why Flunky and Frank hate him with a passion rather unseen since I returned from my concussion. Venomous little creatures too demeaning to respond to.

Andre Jute

Jan 24, 2023, 11:27:17 AM1/24/23

Poor Flunky, objecting to my proof that he doesn't know what he's talking about in film production, claims
"everything you wrote confirms what I wrote, especially[:]"

Let's see, comparing only the two key sentences, mine chosen by Flunky and elevated by his "especially"!

Flunky [illiteracies corrected]: "It isn't likely someone at Baldwin[']s level [will] have much input at all into hiring the armorer or any other member of the crew."

Jute: "They would in any event certainly listen to a suggestion that he [Baldwin] likes working with A N Othershooter as an armorer."

The same? Nope, the diametric opposite. This is all the proof required of my assertion that Flunky is at best semi-literate and totally irrational.

Need more proof? Here are some more sentences from my paragraph that Flunky claims "especially" proves that I agree with him. A blind monkey can see I said exactly the opposite:

Jute: "An experienced actor with a strong personality like Baldwin can either be a real producer (a common event these days), or just demand to be pandered to by the producer and line producer."

Jute: "On any production with a big star there are umpteen people who owe their inclusion in the production to the star; even where this is not the case, people on a production don't like saying 'no' to a star."

That's three statement from me that Flunky claims agrees with him, where each of them is the diametric opposite of what he said. One has to wonder whether his mother tongue is English. Yo, Flunky, if you don't understand what I say, tell me which language you were brought up in, and the chances are that I am as articulate in it as in English. At least everyone else won't know when I demonstrate in your mother tongue that you are an accident-prone fuckwit driven by your insensate rage at your betters.

Andre Jute
Notice that Flunky didn't even know that the key position in this tragedy (as we'll hear when the case comes to court, if the prosecutor is competent) is the *line* producer, until I told him, and then Flunky, on the basis of a one-second hit on Variety, claims not only expertise but knowledge that supersedes mine. What a worthless wanker.

AMuzi

Jan 24, 2023, 11:28:44 AM1/24/23
On 1/24/2023 2:33 AM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:13:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

I haven't seen a problem in 25+ years.

Tom Kunich

Jan 24, 2023, 11:39:57 AM1/24/23
I am especially interested in why Flunky continues to talk about things he knows nothing about. If he was INDEED an engineering manager as he claimed he was he would know that if his boss told him to hire someone he doesn't know over someone that he does know, that the boss would trump his choice. Don't you find it strange that he thinks that a producer isn't over the HR person on a film?

Firstly, he has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is not an engineering manager and secondly he has never said anything that would lead anyone to the conclusion that he is even an engineer. Perhaps he was a Liebermann type of Engineer - someone that can't actually do anything but they needed a degree to sign
off on things. Poor Liebermann, no one would even trust him for that.

My fist engineering job with Thoratec since I didn't have a degree they referred to me as an "Engineering Specialist". The was the last time they didn't refer to me as an engineer or a senior engineer.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 11:55:57 AM1/24/23
On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:27:17 AM UTC-5, the ignorant arrogant angry little afro-irish troll sharted:

< snipped sharting, feel free to read above if you wish>

> That's three statement from me that Flunky claims agrees with him, where each of them is the diametric opposite of what he said.

Not even close. Diametrically opposed to what I wrote would be 'baldwin had complete control over the entire production of the film'. You admitted not only is that _not_ the case, but at _best_ people _may_ kowtow to his wishes.

> One has to wonder whether his mother tongue is English. Yo, Flunky, if you don't understand what I say, tell me which language you were brought up in, and the chances are that I am as articulate in it as in English.

I understand you better than you understand yourself, you narcissistic little prick.

> At least everyone else won't know when I demonstrate in your mother tongue that you are an accident-prone fuckwit driven by your insensate rage at your betters.

gee skippy, tell us again about how you studied under Popper for you dissertation. It must be right up there with being pursued by death squads.

> Andre Jute
> Notice that Flunky didn't even know that the key position in this tragedy (as we'll hear when the case comes to court, if the prosecutor is competent) is the *line* producer, until I told him, and then Flunky, on the basis of a one-second hit on Variety, claims not only expertise but knowledge that supersedes mine. What a worthless wanker.

You are completely incapable of telling me anything I don't already know. FWIW - I never claimed any expertise in movie production, mr. mitty. As usual, you can't see past the point on your little troll head. You claim without any citation whatsoever that baldwin was responsible for the hire. I proved that wrong with a simple post from one of the many search results.

The only thing you're an expert in is being an arrogant asshole -such a wonderful legacy to leaving this world with.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 11:59:52 AM1/24/23
On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:39:57 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am especially interested in why Flunky continues to talk about things he knows nothing about. If he was INDEED an engineering manager as he claimed he was

Dear Stupid,
Please read the following very slowly, and concentrate on reading comprehension:

I never stated I was an engineering manager.

Read it several times, very slowly, and allow it to sink in.

> My fist engineering job with Thoratec since I didn't have a degree they referred to me as an "Engineering Specialist". The was the last time they didn't refer to me as an engineer or a senior engineer.

liar.

Catrike Rider

Jan 24, 2023, 5:51:03 PM1/24/23
On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 10:28:41 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 1/24/2023 2:33 AM, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:13:51 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't foresee a problem. I'm just a very private person.