Politics for the s5tupid 4 ticks

Tom Kunich

Dec 31, 2023, 10:25:56 AM12/31/23
From the border to the economy, President Biden has accomplished feats in 2023 that no one ever saw coming. With so many incredible achievements for the Biden administration this year, narrowing them down was no easy task! Here are the top ten accomplishments of the Biden administration in 2023:

Reduced American obesity rate by 50%: Cleverly done by simply making food unaffordable.
Cleaned up all the cocaine bags someone was leaving around the White House: Decency restored!
Kept American hostages safe from junk fees during their stay with Hamas: Not one single junk fee!
Set all-time record for people illegally streaming into the U.S.: Because he's the most popular President ever. Numbers don't lie.
Raised dementia awareness by 400%: Also, sandbag awareness.
Created record numbers of new billionaires: They're all in Ukraine, but still.
Promoted transparency by releasing several "Behind-the-Scenes" videos from Capitol staffers: Campaign promise, delivered.
Saved democracy by arresting political opponents and not allowing people to vote for anyone else: Thanks, Joe!
Set new record by spending 40% of time on vacation: Finally giving Delaware Beach the attention it so richly deserves.
Heroically stayed alive to save America from a Kamala Harris Presidency: We salute you, Mr. Biden!
What can't Biden do?? We can't wait to see what Joe has up his sleeve in 2024!

Sir Ridesalot

Dec 31, 2023, 9:09:09 PM12/31/23
Whatever will you do come February when Google stops supporting Usenet?

Cheers

Jeff Liebermann

Dec 31, 2023, 10:09:30 PM12/31/23
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 07:25:54 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>From the border to the economy, President Biden has accomplished feats in 2023 ...

At least give proper credit to your sources:
<https://babylonbee.com/news/the-biden-administrations-top-10-accomplishments-of-2023>

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 1, 2024, 8:54:58 AMJan 1
On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 10:09:30 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 07:25:54 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >From the border to the economy, President Biden has accomplished feats in 2023 ...
>
> At least give proper credit to your sources:
> <https://babylonbee.com/news/the-biden-administrations-top-10-accomplishments-of-2023>

Imagine the ire from that failed author if anyone but tommy posted without attribution.

Tom Kunich

Jan 1, 2024, 10:52:42 AMJan 1
Usenet is not going away. It will simply need another service.

Lou Holtman

Jan 1, 2024, 1:17:17 PMJan 1
Everybody using Google Groups should consider if it worth the trouble looking for an alternative. I won't.

Lou

Tom Kunich

Jan 1, 2024, 2:43:00 PMJan 1
It is clearly your choice to be a member or not. The Stupid 4 make it extremely difficult to attend the group. They have made every possible attempt to destroy the group so I certainly would blame you for not bothering with it. I was here from the first. So I will. Though I think that I will no longer bother with the Stupid 4 when they are quoted.

sms

Jan 1, 2024, 4:00:27 PMJan 1
President Biden is no doubt pleased that Tommy is lying about him since
it means that he must be doing something right.

What is the reality about President Biden?

• Highest employment rate in U.S. history.
• Brought inflation under control.
• Ended the pandemic.
• Led the world's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
• Supported Israel after the Hamas terrorist attack.
• Working to take marijuana off of Schedule 1.
• Rebuilding U.S. infrastructure
• Addressing climate change
• Increasing the number of citizens with health insurance.
• S&P 500 and DJIA record highs (the stock market almost always does
better under Democratic administrations)

Undoing the damage done to the country by the Trump administration was
never going to be quick. It takes at least twice as long to undo
economic damage as it does to create it. Clinton successfully undid the
damage caused by Reagan and George H.W. Bush, Obama undid the economic
damage caused by George W. Bush, but it took eight years for each.

"The Republican Party claims to be “the party of maximum economic
freedom and the prosperity that freedom makes possible.” However, an
analysis of economic performance since World War II under Democratic
versus Republican presidents strongly suggests that claims that
Republicans are better at managing the economy are simply not true.
While the reasons are neither fully understood nor completely
attributable to policy choices, data show that the economy has performed
much better during Democratic administrations. Economic growth, job
creation and industrial production have all been stronger."
<https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/309cc8e1-b971-45c6-ab52-29ffb1da9bf5/jec-fact-sheet---the-economy-under-democratic-vs.-republican-presidents-june-2016.pdf>.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

John B.

Jan 1, 2024, 5:36:53 PMJan 1
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:42:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 10:17:17?AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
>> On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 3:09:09?AM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
The above from:

"Oh, you mean this guy:

Thomas H Kunich, Born: Oct 1944
3539 Monterey Blvd
San Leandro CA94578
510) 351-3807

I thought we had gotten over him, now that we have other contributors
who are equally rude and obnoxious, always carping while offering no
useful information. A few names come to mind.

Jobst Brandt
Dec 26, 2005"

--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 1, 2024, 7:17:33 PMJan 1
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Usenet is not going away. It will simply need another service.

Tom: Usenet will not need another service. It's you who will need a
different Usenet service provider in order to stay connected with RBT.

>I was here from the first.

That settles one question that was bothering me. I was never quite
sure if your strange behavior was due to your concussion in 2010, or
something different or earlier. Since everything I've found dating
back to 1992 showed that your behavior hasn't changed even slightly, I
think it's fair to assume that your concussion didn't cause your
strange behavior. However, that might have been your doppelganger:

08/12/2023
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/msi921QxyOA/m/lI9mFDYcBAAJ>
"This also led to others of his ilk publishing the address of another
Tom Kunich who also lived in San Leandro and his mother Mary Kunich
who was no relation of any kind."

>So I will.

Will what? Last will and testament?

>Though I think that I will no longer bother with the Stupid 4 when they are quoted.

12/25/2021
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/ojfW-TVB22M/m/KkiM5ESpDQAJ>
"I simply now will no longer respond to the haters of the group"

02/16/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/JOuW1-q9gVI/m/pqo8Wgt2BgAJ>
"I have contacted several of the other ex-members of the group and
their suggestion to me is to stop responding to the morons. Hence I
will."

03/07/2023
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/f3_2YW88Nhw/m/zARIclwwAwAJ>
"The real key is respect for others rights even if you believe that
they've done you ill."

05/15/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/FDSwyPDM9kU/m/rrohLx7XAAAJ>
"So I apologize ahead of time because then it is brought to my
attention the bullshit that these people are chanting, I will tell
them exactly what I think of them. But I will try to keep the subject
on bicycles.tech."

08/06/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/0nnsWT4u5E0/m/RiHxM-LZBQAJ>
"Tell you what; from now on when these idiots change the subject let's
simply drop it right there?"

09/07/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/1Nhk0L-MXjQ/m/LZUB6fo6CQAJ>
"Don't you think it's time that stupid people stop telling us about
things they know nothing about?"

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 2, 2024, 8:52:09 AMJan 2
You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.
Message has been deleted

zen cycle

Jan 2, 2024, 10:59:46 AMJan 2
On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 2:43:00 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

> It is clearly your choice to be a member or not. The Stupid 4 make it
extremely difficult to attend the group. They have made every possible
attempt to destroy the group so I certainly would blame you for not
bothering with it.

Oh, you mean like:

- Why the Stupid 4 Celebrate Kwanzaa
- Incompetence or conspiracy? Pick any two.
- Really Funny
- We're jingle-belling our way to nullity
- No. 113 of the Worthless Flunkymonkey's Ignorance
- No. 113c of the Worthless Flunkymonkey's Ignorance
- Who turned Portland into a hellhole?
- The Known Unknowns
- Funny thing
- Biden and Europe
- The Democrat Party
- Texas Attorney-General sues Pfizer over Vaccine
- Liebermann left behind.

Those are all non-cycling (read: ignorant rightwing crap and unprovoked
ad hominem attacks) discussions started by you and the kunich, and
that's just last december.

sms

Jan 2, 2024, 3:26:53 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:

<snip>

> You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.

Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
absurdities that they spout.

zen cycle

Jan 2, 2024, 3:32:35 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 3:26 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.
>
> Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
> absurdities that they spout.

I think you're being irrationally charitable

Catrike Ryder

Jan 2, 2024, 3:57:19 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 12:26:49 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.
>
>Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
>absurdities that they spout.

Some people believe that gibberish Joe Biden has been good for the
USA. Thankfully, that's not a popular opinion.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/approval/joe-biden/approval-rating

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 2, 2024, 4:27:47 PMJan 2
wrote:

>On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
><snip>
>> You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.

>Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
>absurdities that they spout.

I think we're stuck with the few that believe their own absurdities.
For example, Tom is defending to the death his recent claim to have
ridden downhill at 65 mph.

Oddly, this is also an example of why Tom was never an engineer. One
of the first thing an engineer learns is when to give up. If they
don't learn that, then the only way to get a product into production
is to literally rip it out of their hands or they will continue
engineering it until the sun explodes. There are a few engineers in
RBT. Most of them know when to stop beating an argument to death.
Unfortunately, a few don't.

Drivel: I'm going for cataract surgery Weds morning. So far, no
problems. Thanks for the advice on the adjustable glasses, but the
ophthalmologist said that my astigmatism correction is small enough
that I should be ok with cheap "reading" glasses until after things
settle down and proper glasses can be ordered.

sms

Jan 2, 2024, 5:04:20 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 1:27 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 12:26:49 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.
>
>> Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
>> absurdities that they spout.
>
> I think we're stuck with the few that believe their own absurdities.
> For example, Tom is defending to the death his recent claim to have
> ridden downhill at 65 mph.
>
> Oddly, this is also an example of why Tom was never an engineer. One
> of the first thing an engineer learns is when to give up. If they
> don't learn that, then the only way to get a product into production
> is to literally rip it out of their hands or they will continue
> engineering it until the sun explodes. There are a few engineers in
> RBT. Most of them know when to stop beating an argument to death.
> Unfortunately, a few don't.

He says those things just to get attention.

Tom Kunich

Jan 2, 2024, 5:34:09 PMJan 2
So, now we know for sure that you're from outer space. You certainly do not live in the USA.

"• Highest employment rate in U.S. history.
• Brought inflation under control.
• Ended the pandemic.
• Led the world's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
• Supported Israel after the Hamas terrorist attack.
• Working to take marijuana off of Schedule 1.
• Rebuilding U.S. infrastructure
• Addressing climate change
• Increasing the number of citizens with health insurance.
• S&P 500 and DJIA record highs (the stock market almost always does
better under Democratic administrations)"

1. Perhaps you forgot the lockdown with most people out of work. Not only has employment NOT returned to normal but AI is replacing people by the thousands. You don't work, do you?
2.https://nypost.com/2022/06/01/janet-yellen-admits-she-was-wrong-about-inflation/ How do you control what you caused and are continuing to try to do so but are being blocked by the Republican majority in the House,. Are you awafe that the House sets the budget? Apparently no.
3.https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/covid-cases.html You haven't a passing clue what is happening with the pandemic.Not only is it still active but it is growing.
4. Can you even guess what occurred in the Ukraine? Apparently not. Russian farmers were legally buying farms in the Ukraine and Ukranians that had nothing to do with it began murdering Russians. Putin warned them several times before he took actions to protect Russians. Biden turned it into a war. Since you don't know about it, THE Russians control 80% of the Ukraine.
5. Biden did absolutely nothing about Israel
6. Taking a gateway drug off of the controlled substance list is NOT an accomplishment.
7.What infrastructure has been rebuilt?
8.There is no "climate change". The world's foremost scientists agree on that. Tell me, before all of this carbon was locked up in fossil fuels why didn't the earth burn up?
9. https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2024/01/01/us-healthcare-system-leaves-far-too-many-people-underinsured/?sh=64e0591c3366 I have no idea of what you think the affordable care act is. The only thing it did was keep insurance companies from denying insurance to people with preexisting conditions. It did not make it full coverage or affordable.
10. Gee, now there's a real accomplishment. The Market TRACKS inflation in case you are unaware of it.

What you have done is nothing more than repeated the "Fact Check" sites. Every one of them is funded by the Democrates.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 2, 2024, 5:54:07 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 14:04:16 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
That's what I thought for a long time. Being the center of attention
is probably one of Tom's motives, but I think there are other
problems. The one thing that Tom does to gain attention is lie about
everything, even when there's no obvious benefit to lying. When he
tells the truth, nobody notices. When he lies, everyone notices and
Tom gets his daily overdose of attention.

I've been reading his drivel for many years, long enough to see some
patterns.
1. Tom posts a comment to literally every thread, even if he knows
nothing about the topic. If you look at the daily list of threads, a
comment by Tom appears in every thread, often the first comment.
2. Tom intentionally posts wrong numbers and information. There is
no way that someone could get everything wrong without doing so
intentionally. Tom has made correct statements, but the low frequency
of being correct suggests that they were accidental. Being constantly
wrong is not the way to become the most important person in RBT.
3. Tom constantly solicits for advice and help, yet rarely follows
anyone else's advice. If Tom doesn't consider it his idea, he simply
won't do it or he ignores it. I've found a few minor errors in his
online resume, in his previous Strava activities and have offered some
suggestions to his numerous problems. The one thing consistent about
all these is that he has never even attempted to fix any of the
problems that I've found unless he thinks it was his idea.

So, it's not his need to get attention, because he's already maxed out
on all the attention he can get in RBT. If he is not receiving enough
attention in RBT, I would expect him to move to migrate to another
newsgroup and repeat the process. I can suggest some possible
maladies, but I can't prove any.

The earliest posting I could find was in 1992. If Tom hasn't found
what he's looking for in the previous 28 years, I don't think he will
ever find it.

John B.

Jan 2, 2024, 6:17:09 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 14:34:06 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 1:00:27?PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
>> On 1/1/2024 5:54 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
If you read it you would know that Yellen admitted that she was wrong
about the path the inflation would take. Not whether or not there
would be an inflation

>3.https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/covid-cases.html You haven't a passing clue what is happening with the pandemic.Not only is it still active but it is growing.
Really? Your reference shows that during 2023 the daily number of
cases dropped from 11553 daily (8 Jan) to 5569 daily (16 Dec).

>4. Can you even guess what occurred in the Ukraine? Apparently not. Russian farmers were legally buying farms in the Ukraine and Ukranians that had nothing to do with it began murdering Russians. Putin warned them several times before he took actions to protect Russians. Biden turned it into a war. Since you don't know about it, THE Russians control 80% of the Ukraine.
The actual number seems to be 16%
https://www.lemonde.fr/en/les-decodeurs/article/2023/01/06/war-in-ukraine-russia-now-controls-only-16-of-ukrainian-territory_6010578_8.html

I didn't check any more. After finding that you got 3 out of the first
4 wrong I decided that you didn't know what you were talking about,

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Jan 2, 2024, 7:16:59 PMJan 2
Scharf, are you working? You know nothing about most of the comments you make and then have that Tin Foik trailor?The4 very idesa that
Biden has inceased jobs is hilarious: "https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/".

When they decide that a worker has not returned to the workforce is a simple method. IT you do noy go into the unemployment office with proof that you lookerd for work, they mark you as no longer in the workforce. But if unemployment insurance has run out why should anyone go into the unemployment office and stand in a line that goes around the block whe they coulf actually be looking for sork. Rea[[y, I am astonished by what you don't know! You wan't to have good job numbers? Just mark everyone else as out of the workforce.

Tom Kunich

Jan 2, 2024, 7:31:24 PMJan 2
Someone told me that you said that I couldn't have develooped medical instruments because I don't pay much attention to standards. Since you cannot design or program how would you know anything about it? The design STANDARDS are nothing more than good design practices. But since you're nothing more than a paperwork Flunky you know anything about it.

Really, I suggest you stop showing the world how little you know.

Tom Kunich

Jan 2, 2024, 7:37:59 PMJan 2
Those polls are not countring real voters. Less than 20% of real voters approve of Biden.
That's why they want nto block RFK Jr. from the ballot. Even Jr. says Trump is a runaway winner discounting election fraud

John B.

Jan 2, 2024, 7:45:54 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:16:55 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 12:26:53?PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
>> On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> > You can lead a magatard to facts but you can't make them think.
>> Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
>> absurdities that they spout.
>> --
>> 的f you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
>> really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
>> indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
>> they do about the subject.迫Tin Foil Awards
>Scharf, are you working? You know nothing about most of the comments you make and then have that Tin Foik trailor?The4 very idesa that
>Biden has inceased jobs is hilarious: "https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/".
>
>When they decide that a worker has not returned to the workforce is a simple method. IT you do noy go into the unemployment office with proof that you lookerd for work, they mark you as no longer in the workforce. But if unemployment insurance has run out why should anyone go into the unemployment office and stand in a line that goes around the block whe they coulf actually be looking for sork. Rea[[y, I am astonished by what you don't know! You wan't to have good job numbers? Just mark everyone else as out of the workforce.

Err TOMMY! In 2020 the U,S. unemployment was 6.7%, in 2022 it was 3.5%
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

https://www.investopedia.com/historical-us-unemployment-rate-by-year-7495494

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Ryder

Jan 2, 2024, 8:04:56 PMJan 2
On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 07:45:47 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually the number of
people who are not seeking unemployment benefits. There's a massive
number of people who are unemployed and not seeking unemployment
benefits.

sms

Jan 2, 2024, 8:35:12 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 4:45 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> Err TOMMY! In 2020 the U,S. unemployment was 6.7%, in 2022 it was 3.5%
> Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
>
> https://www.investopedia.com/historical-us-unemployment-rate-by-year-7495494

True. 2020 was in the middle of the pandemic. Trump's weak response was
a major contributor to the high unemployment rate at that time.

Trump is the only president in the last 80 years to achieve a net job
loss during his presidency. George W. Bush is the runner-up with only 1
million jobs added during his administration. Bush's successor, Barack
Obama, is credited with 12 million new jobs. So far, Biden has had 14
million new jobs, but of course he was helped by the economic recovery
and with a lot of the lost jobs during the Trump administration coming back.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

John B.

Jan 2, 2024, 8:52:42 PMJan 2
But it is the only yardstick there is. Or at least the only one I can
find.

But whether the rate is good or bad it seems that there are far more
illegal workers holding jobs in the U.S. then there citizens looking
for jobs so obviously the U.S. economy is large enough to support 100%
employment. For citizens.

--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 2, 2024, 9:03:22 PMJan 2
tOn Tue, 2 Jan 2024 17:35:09 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/2/2024 4:45 PM, John B. wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Err TOMMY! In 2020 the U,S. unemployment was 6.7%, in 2022 it was 3.5%
>> Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
>>
>> https://www.investopedia.com/historical-us-unemployment-rate-by-year-7495494
>
>True. 2020 was in the middle of the pandemic. Trump's weak response was
>a major contributor to the high unemployment rate at that time.
>
>Trump is the only president in the last 80 years to achieve a net job
>loss during his presidency. George W. Bush is the runner-up with only 1
>million jobs added during his administration. Bush's successor, Barack
>Obama, is credited with 12 million new jobs. So far, Biden has had 14
>million new jobs, but of course he was helped by the economic recovery
>and with a lot of the lost jobs during the Trump administration coming back.

But, in many, perhaps most, cases the President really has little to
do with employment, or lack thereof. True it occurred during his term
in office but, for example, he has little to do with job losses in
parts of California, or the poor folks sleeping in the streets I read
about.
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Jan 2, 2024, 9:44:48 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 7:52 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 20:04:52 -0500, Catrike Ryder
> <Sol...@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 07:45:47 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Err TOMMY! In 2020 the U,S. unemployment was 6.7%, in 2022 it was 3.5%
>>> Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
>>>
>>> https://www.investopedia.com/historical-us-unemployment-rate-by-year-7495494
>>
>> The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually the number of
>> people who are not seeking unemployment benefits. There's a massive
>> number of people who are unemployed and not seeking unemployment
>> benefits.
>
> But it is the only yardstick there is. Or at least the only one I can
> find.
>
> But whether the rate is good or bad it seems that there are far more
> illegal workers holding jobs in the U.S. then there citizens looking
> for jobs so obviously the U.S. economy is large enough to support 100%
> employment. For citizens.

You can see the actual employment numbers at BLM. Mr
Tricycle is correct that the 'unemployment rate' is utter
fiction and useless to gauge labor markets.
--
Andrew Muzi
a...@yellowjersey.org

John B.

Jan 2, 2024, 9:59:20 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 20:44:46 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 1/2/2024 7:52 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 20:04:52 -0500, Catrike Ryder
>> <Sol...@old.bikers.org> wrote:

>>> The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually the number of
>>> people who are not seeking unemployment benefits. There's a massive
>>> number of people who are unemployed and not seeking unemployment
>>> benefits.
>>
>> But it is the only yardstick there is. Or at least the only one I can
>> find.
>>
>> But whether the rate is good or bad it seems that there are far more
>> illegal workers holding jobs in the U.S. then there citizens looking
>> for jobs so obviously the U.S. economy is large enough to support 100%
>> employment. For citizens.
>>

>You can see the actual employment numbers at BLM. Mr
>Tricycle is correct that the 'unemployment rate' is utter
>fiction and useless to gauge labor markets.

BLM???

Black Lives Matter???
Bureau of Land Management ???
???
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Jan 2, 2024, 10:38:31 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 6:59 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> BLM???
>
> Black Lives Matter???
> Bureau of Land Management ???
> ???

LOL, I think that he means BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics).

The number of new claims for unemployment is also one statistic that is
useful in gauging employment trends but there can be big swings due to
specific events, like the bankruptcy and shutdown of Yellow trucking,
and then another swing as those employees go to work for other trucking
companies.

Another statistic is the increase or decrease in payroll employment.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 2, 2024, 10:41:36 PMJan 2
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:31:22 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Someone told me that you said that I couldn't have develooped
>medical instruments because I don't pay much attention to standards.

Tom... I don't know who your "someone" might be, but that's similar to
what I wrote while trying to explain to you that engineering involves
a little design and a very large amount of standards compliance.
Please try to give credit to people other than yourself. Nobody
designs in a vacuum.

(Jan 1, 2024)
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/av7YqTteGv0/m/OlZouvsfBAAJ>
"Regulatory compliance and certifications are major parts of
engineering. At some point, you should have designed something based
on a long list of very specific specifications with industry
standards, international standards, trade association standards,
safety standards, etc. After you're done with your design, you should
have had to test your device to insure that it complies with ALL
applicable standards". (Two typo errors corrected)

sms

Jan 2, 2024, 11:13:51 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 7:41 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:31:22 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone told me that you said that I couldn't have develooped
>> medical instruments because I don't pay much attention to standards.
>
> Tom... I don't know who your "someone" might be, but that's similar to
> what I wrote while trying to explain to you that engineering involves
> a little design and a very large amount of standards compliance.
> Please try to give credit to people other than yourself. Nobody
> designs in a vacuum.
>
> (Jan 1, 2024)
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/av7YqTteGv0/m/OlZouvsfBAAJ>
> "Regulatory compliance and certifications are major parts of
> engineering. At some point, you should have designed something based
> on a long list of very specific specifications with industry
> standards, international standards, trade association standards,
> safety standards, etc. After you're done with your design, you should
> have had to test your device to insure that it complies with ALL
> applicable standards". (Two typo errors corrected)

From my very first engineering job out of college I spend a huge amount
of time dealing with standards and regulations, IEEE, UL, CSA, ETL, TUV,
DOD, and FCC. It's a huge part of the job. Fortunately, nothing with the
FDA.

When talking with potential customers one of the first questions they
ask is whether or not the product is UL approved or certified, and if it
has passed FCC Class B compliance.

Even when I was working for semiconductor companies we had to deal with
UL certification because we were including protection circuitry inside
chips in order to eliminate the requirement for board designers to add
external protection circuitry. UL wanted to see the chip design details
to verify what we explained to them. We were selling chips in such high
volumes that if a customer could save 10¢ per PCB it was a big deal to
them when they were selling millions of boards.

Obviously you can't develop medical devices if you don't comply with all
the various applicable standards.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 2, 2024, 11:35:28 PMJan 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 2, 2024, 11:40:00 PMJan 2
On 1/2/2024 7:16 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Biden has inceased jobs is hilarious: "https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/".
>
> When they decide that a worker has not returned to the workforce is a simple method. IT you do noy go into the unemployment office with proof that you lookerd for work, they mark you as no longer in the workforce. But if unemployment insurance has run out why should anyone go into the unemployment office and stand in a line that goes around the block whe they coulf actually be looking for sork. Rea[[y, I am astonished by what you don't know! You wan't to have good job numbers? Just mark everyone else as out of the workforce.

I see Tom's typos and misspellings are surging again. Drunk? Drugged?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 3, 2024, 12:12:52 AMJan 3
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Scharf, are you working? You know nothing about most of the comments you make and then have that Tin Foik trailor?The4 very idesa that
>Biden has inceased jobs is hilarious: "https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/".

That an amazingly good article you found. Brookings Institute is a
think tank that makes an effort to be non-political. For example,
Pres Biden isn't mentioned anywhere in the article (or podcast).
Unfortunately, the article is devoid of any references or sources, so
I can't verify their numbers. For example:
"The question of why so many workers, nearly 1% of adults, have exited
the labor force is a big question..."
and
"When we extended both works through December 2022, we estimate that
long COVID accounts for around 700,000 workers missing from the labor
force."
which might partly explain the alleged worker loss. In any case,
there's nothing in the Brookings Institute article that even mentions
any of your claims. Nice try.

>When they decide that a worker has not returned to the workforce is a simple method. IT you do noy go into the unemployment office with proof that you lookerd for work, they mark you as no longer in the workforce. But if unemployment insurance has run out why should anyone go into the unemployment office and stand in a line that goes around the block whe they coulf actually be looking for sork. Rea[[y, I am astonished by what you don't know! You wan't to have good job numbers? Just mark everyone else as out of the workforce.

Ummm... you might want to read how the BLS actually calculates the
unemployment rate:
<https://www.bls.gov/cps/definitions.htm>

<https://www.bls.gov/cps/definitions.htm#ur>
"The unemployment rate represents the number of unemployed people as a
percentage of the labor force (the labor force is the sum of the
employed and unemployed).
The unemployment rate is calculated as:
(Unemployed ÷ Labor Force) x 100."

There are other unemployment related definitions that you might find
worth knowing. For example:
"Classification as unemployed in no way depends upon a person's
eligibility for, or receipt of, unemployment insurance benefits."

Also, your spelling has drastically deteriorated. Spend some time
doing some proofreading or the readers might consider you to be
uneducated.

zen cycle

Jan 3, 2024, 2:26:57 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 7:31 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 12:32:35 PM UTC-8, zen cycle wrote:
>> On 1/2/2024 3:26 PM, sms wrote:
>>> On 1/2/2024 5:52 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Perhaps, but the reality is that few "magtards" actually believe the
>>> absurdities that they spout.
>>>
>> I think you're being irrationally charitable
>
> Someone told me that you said that I couldn't have develooped medical instruments because I don't pay much attention to standards.

This is true, except that no one 'told' you I wrote that. You read it here.

> Since you cannot design or program how would you know anything about it?

I have designed circuits as well as systems, and have programmed them.
No matter how many times you tell the lie that I can't, it will never
become true.

> The design STANDARDS are nothing more than good design practices.

lol...sure sparky, I'll be sure to tell the regulatory agency reviewing
engineer that the energy limitation requirements for hazardous location
designs are just suggestions during my next design review.

> But since you're nothing more than a paperwork Flunky you know anything about it.

Considering you've never done the paperwork (let alone proving
compliance to requirements), I'd suggest you know nothing about it.

> Really, I suggest you stop showing the world how little you know.

Tell us again how PWM is used to test cables?

zen cycle

Jan 3, 2024, 2:29:09 AMJan 3
I'd say it was pretty accurate based on the dearth of available
qualified engineers we're finding for the openings we have.

sms

Jan 3, 2024, 8:26:23 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 11:29 PM, zen cycle wrote:

<snip>

> I'd say it was pretty accurate based on the dearth of available
> qualified engineers we're finding for the openings we have.

Not sure where you are located, but you might look into hiring some
bored, retired, seniors, who have actual experience in design (not "he
who must not be named).

I thought that I'd be happily retired by now. I began collecting Social
Security, then I was contacted by a small company whose CEO I know. I
went back to work for him, on a big project. He needed a hardware
engineer who knows how to actually design and build equipment, and how
to source components.

Not sure how long this gig will last, but the extra money is nice and
the travel keeps me out of trouble.

AMuzi

Jan 3, 2024, 8:57:13 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 8:59 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 20:44:46 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> On 1/2/2024 7:52 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> But it is the only yardstick there is. Or at least the only one I can
>>> find.
>>>
>>> But whether the rate is good or bad it seems that there are far more
>>> illegal workers holding jobs in the U.S. then there citizens looking
>>> for jobs so obviously the U.S. economy is large enough to support 100%
>>> employment. For citizens.
>>>

>> You can see the actual employment numbers at BLM. Mr
>> Tricycle is correct that the 'unemployment rate' is utter
>> fiction and useless to gauge labor markets.
>

> BLM???
>
> Black Lives Matter???
> Bureau of Land Management ???
> ???

Apologies.
Bureau of Labor Statistics:

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceseesummary.htm

Zen Cycle

Jan 3, 2024, 8:57:43 AMJan 3
On 1/3/2024 8:26 AM, sms wrote:
> On 1/2/2024 11:29 PM, zen cycle wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I'd say it was pretty accurate based on the dearth of available
>> qualified engineers we're finding for the openings we have.
>
> Not sure where you are located, but you might look into hiring some
> bored, retired, seniors, who have actual experience in design (not "he
> who must not be named).

Oh, trust me, we've had more than our fill of that demographic. The
problem with retired bored seniors is that generally, that's the
attitude and output they bring to the table. We recently hired an
elderly hardware engineer with 40 years of experience designing consumer
electronics, but no Hazardous Location Intrinsic Safety (HazLoc IS),
FDA, FAA, or even FCC. We actually got into an argument with him shortly
after we hired him because he "didn't see the sense" in designing for
HazLoc IS requirements. Fortunately, he came around (took about a year),
and his output is good, though he still grumbles every time I note
something in his design is missing a critical element required for approval.

> I thought that I'd be happily retired by now. I began collecting Social
> Security, then I was contacted by a small company whose CEO I know. I
> went back to work for him, on a big project. He needed a hardware
> engineer who knows how to actually design and build equipment, and how
> to source components.
>
> Not sure how long this gig will last, but the extra money is nice and
> the travel keeps me out of trouble.

--
Add xx to reply

AMuzi

Jan 3, 2024, 8:59:06 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 9:38 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/2/2024 6:59 PM, John B. wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> BLM???
>>
>> Black Lives Matter???
>> Bureau of Land Management ???
>> ???
>
> LOL, I think that he means BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
>
> The number of new claims for unemployment is also one
> statistic that is useful in gauging employment trends but
> there can be big swings due to specific events, like the
> bankruptcy and shutdown of Yellow trucking, and then another
> swing as those employees go to work for other trucking
> companies.
>
> Another statistic is the increase or decrease in payroll
> employment.

'Unemployed' only counts people on the UC dole that week, a
small subset of unemployed people (with 'off the books'
labor in both groups; 'unemployed' and 'employed', to an
unknown extent)

AMuzi

Jan 3, 2024, 9:00:42 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 9:41 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:31:22 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone told me that you said that I couldn't have develooped
>> medical instruments because I don't pay much attention to standards.
>
> Tom... I don't know who your "someone" might be, but that's similar to
> what I wrote while trying to explain to you that engineering involves
> a little design and a very large amount of standards compliance.
> Please try to give credit to people other than yourself. Nobody
> designs in a vacuum.
>
> (Jan 1, 2024)
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/av7YqTteGv0/m/OlZouvsfBAAJ>
> "Regulatory compliance and certifications are major parts of
> engineering. At some point, you should have designed something based
> on a long list of very specific specifications with industry
> standards, international standards, trade association standards,
> safety standards, etc. After you're done with your design, you should
> have had to test your device to insure that it complies with ALL
> applicable standards". (Two typo errors corrected)

One guy does, James Dyson:
https://www.dyson.com/james-dyson

Catrike Ryder

Jan 3, 2024, 10:05:03 AMJan 3
On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 09:03:16 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Many jobs were lost because of Democrats' covid responses that closed
businesses.

Catrike Ryder

Jan 3, 2024, 10:05:13 AMJan 3
On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 08:52:36 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Ideed, but it's not an accurate description of the job market.

sms

Jan 3, 2024, 11:02:05 AMJan 3
On 1/3/2024 5:59 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> 'Unemployed' only counts people on the UC dole that week, a small subset
> of unemployed people (with 'off the books' labor in both groups;
> 'unemployed' and 'employed', to an unknown extent)

Yes, that's why looking at the increase or decrease in payroll
employment is also a good statistic to use. It's where "we have more
people working than at any time" comes from. Of course some job growth
is due to the increase in population. In 1981, when Carter left office,
the 1980 U.S. population was about 226.5 million. In 2021, when Trump
left office the 2000 U.S. population was about 329.5 million.

Another useful statistic is "jobs created."

Carter: 10.117 million in 48 months.
Reagan: 16.332 million in 96 months.
H.W. Bush: 2.617 million in 48 months.
Clinton: 22.745 million in 96 months.
W. Bush: 0.523 million in 96 months.
Obama: 11.570 million in 96 months.
Trump: -2.670 million in 48 months.
Biden: 14.612 million in 35 months.

This data is available at https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PAYEMS

Another useful statistic is the number of new unemployment claims since
that shows how many laid-off workers were unable to find new jobs.

By any measure, be it unemployment rate, job growth, number of employed
people, stock market performance, or inflation, the U.S. economy always
does better when a Democrat is in the oval office versus a Republican.

Tom Kunich

Jan 3, 2024, 11:04:35 AMJan 3
When you're so stupid that all you can do is follow the pull on your leash, you get people like Scharf.

sms

Jan 3, 2024, 11:05:10 AMJan 3
On 1/3/2024 8:01 AM, sms wrote:

<snip>

> Yes, that's why looking at the increase or decrease in payroll
> employment is also a good statistic to use. It's where "we have more
> people working than at any time" comes from. Of course some job growth
> is due to the increase in population. In 1981, when Carter left office,
> the 1980 U.S. population was about 226.5 million. In 2021, when Trump
> left office the 2000 U.S. population was about 329.5 million.

I meant 2020 population was about 329.5 million.

Tom Kunich

Jan 3, 2024, 11:08:36 AMJan 3
Rather than look around you at "People wanted" signs in every window and on every delivery vehicle, you are telling us what the lap dog Bureau of Labor Statistics is telling you. It must be really awful to be that blind.

Tom Kunich

Jan 3, 2024, 11:14:24 AMJan 3
Tell me Scharf does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to have someone that couldn't get an engineering job agree with you? As I said, all those standards are are good engineering practices. But obviously you have NEVER worked in the field and can make up your blasphemies on the run.

Tom Kunich

Jan 3, 2024, 11:20:59 AMJan 3
Will you stop the outright lying? Perhaps you might have been required to design a simple circuit in college before they handed you a diploma out of pity. The very fact that you could not even begin to understand a simple program told us the entire story. You are nothing more than a paperwork wonk required by management. There is no way that you could get a job as a real engineer and you know it because engineering positions at three times your salary are all over the place and you're not taking them because they aren't being offered to you,.

Zen Cycle

Jan 3, 2024, 11:40:14 AMJan 3
I'm not the one using insults rather than technical justification. (You
still _can't_ explain how PWM is used to test cables). If I'm lying,
post proof of it, not insipid insults.

> Perhaps you might have been required to design a simple circuit in college before they handed you a diploma out of pity.

Which is more than you have.

> The very fact that you could not even begin to understand a simple program told us the entire story.

No matter how many times you tell that lie, it will never become true.

> You are nothing more than a paperwork wonk required by management.

Funny, I just spent the morning discussing IS isolation barrier design.
This afternoon I'm meeting with our ME group to discuss characteristics
of different plastics in the context of regulatory requirements for
enclosures in explosive atmospheres.

> There is no way that you could get a job as a real engineer

My job title tells a different story

> and you know it because engineering positions at three times your salary are all over the place

Um, no...I'm solidly in the upper range for a Principal Compliance
Engineer according to Indeed.com, which is significantly higher than the
the vast majority of openings in this area.

> and you're not taking them because they aren't being offered to you,.

And they aren't being offered to me because I'm not looking to change.

Tom Kunich

Jan 3, 2024, 11:43:03 AMJan 3
When you're stupid you hand out bullshit answers like Scharf, Liebermann and Flunky. The ONLY way that they can design "stqandards is by using the present best standards, So any good engineer would use them normally without looking in a standards manal every other minute as Flunky pretends. Flunky is not an engineer and all he does and probably all he has ever done is sign off paperwork not knowing if it is proper or not. Frank showed that he wsan't up to a real ejngineering job and fled to academia where someone else has already written the book on standards as proper engineering method.

Can you even imagine Liebermann telling us all about design standards when he never worked in the fielld?

It really is tiersome that the people who have done the least are right here trying their hardest to excuse their inability as due to someone else writing these difficult standards.

And how could you ever have any advancement in science if you weren't breaking the rules? I certainly wasn't happy learning calculus to discover the mistakes made by
TWO PhD's on that poison gas detector. But without those calculations I would never have learned that the response was exponential rather than linear and been able to get the firmware to work.

Zen Cycle

Jan 3, 2024, 1:38:31 PMJan 3
What's clear is that you not only never designed to any standards, you
really don't know what a standard is. (hint: it isn't 'best practices').

> Can you even imagine Liebermann telling us all about design standards when he never worked in the fielld?

He designed radios, to FCC standards, nitwit.

> It really is tiersome that the people who have done the least are right here trying their hardest to excuse their inability as due to someone else writing these difficult standards.

Funny, I don't recall myself, Scharf, Jeff, or Frank claiming we had
difficulty designing to the associated standards.

> And how could you ever have any advancement in science if you weren't breaking the rules?

The IEC doesn't give a rats ass about advancements in science in the
context of issuing certifications.

> I certainly wasn't happy learning calculus to discover the mistakes made by
> TWO PhD's on that poison gas detector. But without those calculations I would never have learned that the response was exponential rather than linear and been able to get the firmware to work.

And tommy thinks you need to have learned calculus in order to
understand non-linear equations (hint: asymptotes and polynomials are
covered before pre-calculus).......

John B.

Jan 3, 2024, 7:17:37 PMJan 3
On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:04:33 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 5:04:56?PM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 07:45:47 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Err TOMMY! In 2020 the U,S. unemployment was 6.7%, in 2022 it was 3.5%
>> >Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
>> >
>> >https://www.investopedia.com/historical-us-unemployment-rate-by-year-7495494
>> The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually the number of
>> people who are not seeking unemployment benefits. There's a massive
>> number of people who are unemployed and not seeking unemployment
>> benefits.
>When you're so stupid that all you can do is follow the pull on your leash, you get people like Scharf.

Now here we have an individual, who, based in his own posts, was not
intelligent enough to graduate from high school, lives in a crap house
in a slum, drives a cheap second hand car, whines about the cost of
groceries and although having been paid as much a quarter of a million
dollars a year now finds it necessary to augment his Social Security
by trying to repair old, junk, second hand bicycles, which in spite of
a bicycle being a rather simple mechanical device has problems
accomplishing even the simplest repair, installing a seat tube - "poke
it in the hole, stupid!

And he feels qualified to refer to others as "Stupid"?
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Jan 3, 2024, 10:14:10 PMJan 3
On 1/3/2024 4:17 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

>>> The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually the number of
>>> people who are not seeking unemployment benefits. There's a massive
>>> number of people who are unemployed and not seeking unemployment
>>> benefits.
>> When you're so stupid that all you can do is follow the pull on your leash, you get people like Scharf.
>
> Now here we have an individual, who, based in his own posts, was not
> intelligent enough to graduate from high school, lives in a crap house
> in a slum, drives a cheap second hand car, whines about the cost of
> groceries and although having been paid as much a quarter of a million
> dollars a year now finds it necessary to augment his Social Security
> by trying to repair old, junk, second hand bicycles, which in spite of
> a bicycle being a rather simple mechanical device has problems
> accomplishing even the simplest repair, installing a seat tube - "poke
> it in the hole, stupid!
>
> And he feels qualified to refer to others as "Stupid"?

Not sure who stated: "The "unemployment rate" is misnamed. It's actually
the number of people who are not seeking unemployment benefits." But
it's actually the opposite of that.

Those whose unemployment benefits have been exhausted, and have not
found work, are not counted as part of the unemployment rate. They are
the so-called "missing workers."

When the The Economic Policy Institute did a study, back in 2017, the
reported unemployment rate was 4.4% but when they factored in their
estimate of "missing workers" it was 5.2%
<https://www.epi.org/publication/missing-workers/>.

The "jobs created" number is probably a better gauge of the job situation.

Carter: +10.117 million in 48 months.
Reagan: +16.332 million in 96 months.
H.W. Bush: +2.617 million in 48 months.
Clinton: +22.745 million in 96 months.
W. Bush: +0.523 million in 96 months.
Obama: +11.570 million in 96 months.
Trump: -2.670 million in 48 months.
Biden: +14.612 million in 35 months.

This data is available at https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PAYEMS

Biden's performance in terms of job creation has been amazingly good. Of
course he was helped by all the jobs lost during Trump's presidency
because many of those lost jobs came back after Trump lost the election,
but even factoring in Trump's terrible performance, the job gains under
Biden have been spectacularly good. Companies hire more workers when
they have a positive outlook about the future of the economy.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Catrike Ryder

Jan 4, 2024, 3:41:22 AMJan 4
On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:14:05 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:
The Economic Policy Institute is a left wing propganda group.

Zen Cycle

Jan 4, 2024, 8:21:26 AMJan 4
First off, the job creation data presented is from the fed, as listed in
Scharfs citation.

Second, The EPI reference was from a report they wrote in 2017, and it
_supports_ the idea that the reported unemployment rate is generally
lower than the actual unemployment rate.

So, rather than actually address the data, you instead chose to dismiss
it because of your ignorant right-wing bias against data you don't like.
FWIW, EPI may be "left-center", but they're substantially less biased
than any of the ridiculously questionable sources you extrapolate your
perverted viewpoints from.

Try these on, dumbass:

American Enterprise Institute, just another left wing schill?-
https://www.aei.org/economics/a-soft-landing-for-the-economy-and-biden/
"Overall the labor market continues to look healthy, albeit with some
recent softening in the trends for net hiring and wage growth. "

Kiplinger, more left-wing propaganda?
https://www.kiplinger.com/economic-forecasts/jobs
"The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.7% in November, reversing the
October rise."

The American Action Forum, more commie pabulum? -
https://www.americanactionforum.org/u6-fix/not-a-turkey/
"November fell to 3.7 percent; paired with a 532,000 gain in the labor
force, this decline is all the more suggestive of a stronger labor market."

And no, these articles weren't written by 'token liberals' on the
editorial staff. You're entitled to your own opinion, you aren't
entitles to your own facts, dumbass.

Tom Kunich

Jan 4, 2024, 9:54:10 AMJan 4
Expanding your clown act I see. Liebermann never designed anything. He was hired originally as nothing more than your job - a gopher. He couldn't even do that without pissing off the people who actually did the work so he was ejected. With people like you working at your company they don't have a chance of living long.

Tom Kunich

Jan 4, 2024, 9:58:13 AMJan 4
I suggest you take your own tin foil award. Someone that doesn't have even an inkling of what they're talking about should remain silent. Even Google has laid off thousands of employees and you call that job growth!

Tom Kunich

Jan 4, 2024, 10:02:10 AMJan 4
And as the whole world knows, since Obama the Fed has told the truth, the whole truthy and nothing but the truth. This is why they are refusing to answer questions posed by Congressional investugations. God, but you have to prove yourself either stupid or a liar with every posting,

sms

Jan 4, 2024, 10:25:03 AMJan 4
On 1/4/2024 5:21 AM, Zen Cycle wrote:

<snip>

> First off, the job creation data presented is from the fed, as listed in
> Scharfs citation.
>
> Second, The EPI reference was from a report they wrote in 2017, and it
> _supports_ the idea that the reported unemployment rate is generally
> lower than the actual unemployment rate.

Exactly. The EPI _supported_ the fact that the reported unemployment
rate excludes "missing workers" who are no longer collecting
unemployment. Those workers may or may not still be looking for work.
And that's why I always use citations, it infuriates "those who must not
be named!"

> So, rather than actually address the data, you instead chose to dismiss
> it because of your ignorant right-wing bias against data you don't like.
> FWIW, EPI may be "left-center", but they're substantially less biased
> than any of the ridiculously questionable sources you extrapolate your
> perverted viewpoints from.

Yes, but there's no way to get someone who's beliefs are not based on
facts to accept facts. Give up and filter him out.

> Try these on, dumbass:
>
> American Enterprise Institute, just another left wing schill?-
> https://www.aei.org/economics/a-soft-landing-for-the-economy-and-biden/
> "Overall the labor market continues to look healthy, albeit with some
> recent softening in the trends for net hiring and wage growth. "
>
> Kiplinger, more left-wing propaganda?
> https://www.kiplinger.com/economic-forecasts/jobs
> "The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.7% in November, reversing the
> October rise."
>
> The American Action Forum, more commie pabulum? -
> https://www.americanactionforum.org/u6-fix/not-a-turkey/
> "November fell to 3.7 percent; paired with a 532,000 gain in the labor
> force, this decline is all the more suggestive of a stronger labor market."

Even right-wing policy groups admit that job growth has been
spectacularly high and that unemployment has been low. Wage growth
outpaced inflation in 2023. Inflation is now coming down, due to the
Fed's interest rate increases. 2023 annual inflation was 3.1% (this
doesn't factor in December yet) while wage growth was 3.48%. Wage growth
was 4.93% for 2022, but inflation was much higher in 2022 because the
Fed's actions had not yet yielded results.
<https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/2024/01/03/u-s-small-businesses-saw-job-growth-for-all-of-2023/99655/>.
Small businesses are glad to see wage growth coming down due to
decreased deflation, though workers might not be too happy about that.

Alas, the interest rate increases have caused new construction to
decrease because many projects don't pencil out due to higher
construction costs combined with falling lease rates.

A lot of the reduction in new housing construction in my area (Bay Area
of California) is also due to falling population caused by the ability
to remote-work. The high-cost luxury rental housing market has crashed
as those tenants are buying houses in outlying areas of the region where
home prices are much lower. So developers are abandoning or downsizing
new housing projects and also abandoning new commercial office projects.
Ironically, one law, intended to increase housing production, is being
used by developers to reduce the size of their approved projects
<https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/builders-remedy-san-jose-flea-market-3500-homes-may-be-slashed-to-900/>.
It's ironic that we have a large homeless population while at the same
time we have a glut of empty, market-rate housing. The gap between what
the unhoused population can afford, and the rent of the empty housing,
is enormous.

> And no, these articles weren't written by 'token liberals' on the
> editorial staff. You're entitled to your own opinion, you aren't
> entitles to your own facts, dumbass.

Good luck with that!

Catrike Ryder

Jan 4, 2024, 11:19:35 AMJan 4
On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 07:24:57 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>Exactly. The EPI _supported_ the fact that the reported unemployment
>rate excludes "missing workers" who are no longer collecting
>unemployment.

But they made up the number of "missing workers."

Zen Cycle

Jan 4, 2024, 11:50:43 AMJan 4
No, they estimated, and here's their methodology:

https://www.epi.org/publication/missing-workers/#methodology

Estimated ≠ "made up", dumbass.

If you weren't so proudly willfully ignorant you might have looked up
how they estimated the number, rather than assuming they "made it up".

Zen Cycle

Jan 4, 2024, 12:01:24 PMJan 4
I believe him way before I believe you.

> He was hired originally as nothing more than your job - a gopher.

Yes, successful companies have a habit of giving their gophers
"Principal Engineer" titles

> He couldn't even do that without pissing off the people who actually did the work so he was ejected.

That may be true. If it was, he was at least smart enough to realize it
and manage being a reasonably successful consulting engineer. (yes
tommy, we know, you're going to claim he's on welfare - that's another
lie of you own making). You on the other had didn't get it after being
kicked to the curb 15 times in 20 years

> With people like you working at your company they don't have a chance of living long.

I'll just chalk that up with the accuracy of all your predictions...Red
Wave, anyone?

Catrike Ryder

Jan 4, 2024, 12:09:42 PMJan 4
On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:50:39 -0500, Zen Cycle <funkm...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/4/2024 11:19 AM, floriduh dumbass wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 07:24:57 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Exactly. The EPI _supported_ the fact that the reported unemployment
>>> rate excludes "missing workers" who are no longer collecting
>>> unemployment.
>>
>> But they made up the number of "missing workers."
>
>No, they estimated, and here's their methodology:
>
>https://www.epi.org/publication/missing-workers/#methodology
>
>Estimated ? "made up", dumbass.

Estimated = made it up

>If you weren't so proudly willfully ignorant you might have looked up
>how they estimated the number, rather than assuming they "made it up".

They described how they "made it up."

John B.

Jan 4, 2024, 12:20:12 PMJan 4
On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 06:54:08 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 10:38:31?AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
>> On 1/3/2024 11:43 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
But what have you designed? You talk a lot about, "I did this or I did
that, but didn't Jeff do a study that showed that your name appears
nowhere as sort of designer, patent holder, or any other evidence that
you did anything at all.

In fact you aren't even smart enough to spell the name of the
companies you claim to have worked for correctly.

So, how about some proof that you did anything more then sweep the
floor and empty the trash for the companies you claim to have worked
for.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Zen Cycle

Jan 4, 2024, 12:20:57 PMJan 4
On 1/4/2024 12:09 PM, floriduh dumbass wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:50:39 -0500, Zen Cycle <funkm...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2024 11:19 AM, floriduh dumbass wrote:

>>> But they made up the number of "missing workers."
>>
>> No, they estimated, and here's their methodology:
>>
>> https://www.epi.org/publication/missing-workers/#methodology
>>
>> Estimated ? "made up", dumbass.
>
> Estimated = made it up

Only to a willfully ignorant dumbass

>> If you weren't so proudly willfully ignorant you might have looked up
>> how they estimated the number, rather than assuming they "made it up".
>

> They described how they "made it up."

Floriduh dumbass, making the dumbshine state proud.

AMuzi

Jan 4, 2024, 12:22:59 PMJan 4

Zen Cycle

Jan 4, 2024, 12:26:25 PMJan 4

sms

Jan 4, 2024, 12:28:52 PMJan 4
It's not just a guess, there are statistical methods to determine
whether a worker is "missing" or is no longer interested in working again.

Yesterday I was at the home of a former long-time Bank of the West
employee who was laid off after BMO acquired them in 2023. He got over a
year of pay, 42 weeks of severance, plus vacation payout, and bonus that
he was going to get. He only signed up for unemployment this week since
he wanted to minimize 2023 income. But in reality he is going to be a
"missing worker" even though he's currently being counted as unemployed.
He’s about his experience is in enough demand that he could get a job.
But he’s likely to just retire and not re-enter the workforce. His house
is paid off, his children are out on their own, and he has sufficient
investments to provide retirement income. I have an old girlfriend who
retired from the Federal Government at 50 after working for them for 25
years. She was okay with just her pension and investment income.

I went back to work after starting to collect Social Security because I
was recruited by a friend who needed someone with my experience. I was
likely not counted at "missing" because I was retired. I would have also
been happy to stay retired, I have sufficient income and investments to
be comfortable, as well as my spouse's income since she is not retiring
until later in 2024.

It's because Tom has done poorly financially, and made bad investment
choices, and has lacked the education and experience necessary to get a
job, that he is so upset. He could solve his problem pretty quickly by
selling his house and relocating to a less expensive area. He should
have sold at the peak in 2022, since the value of his house has fallen
over $100K and is trending down, but even with the reduced value he'd
end up with a lot of money after taxes.

Tom Kunich

Jan 4, 2024, 3:49:46 PMJan 4
They don't care that they've been lied to in one continuous stream. They LOVE the fact that the American electioin system was ytamopered with. This is a mental illness common with the Woke and they simply don't care. People in a cheap local restaurant are discussing wht they should buy for their daughter on her graduation from HIGH SCHOOL - a new Mustang or a new Electric vehicle. Not ONE word about how they are going to pay for her college tuition. And these are NOT people with money.

sms

Jan 5, 2024, 12:43:44 PMJan 5
On 1/3/2024 7:14 PM, sms wrote:

<snip>

> Biden: +14.612 million in 35 months.

The jobs report for December 2023 came out.

Biden: +14.828 million in 36 months. Unemployment rate unchanged at 3.7%.

"Hiring in the US was unexpectedly strong last month, as the American
economy continued to defy forecasts of a slowdown.

Employers added 216,000 jobs and the unemployment rate was unchanged at
3.7%, the Labor Department said.

All told, the US added 2.7 million jobs last year, slowing after the
boom of 4.8 million in 2022 and 6.4 million in 2021, but a faster pace
than pre-pandemic years.

Pay showed signs of rising, with average hourly earnings in December up
4.1% from a year earlier."

This is great news, when the economy is doing well, with low
unemployment, strong job gains, wage gains, and strong stock market
performance, it benefits everyone. Now we have to find a way to get fuel
prices down since they've gone up 70¢ since January 2021, about 30%.
Total inflation was 17.0% over the last three years while wage growth
was 19.1%.

What's not great is bicycle sales and bike shop income. The boom in
sales during the pandemic led to a post-pandemic bust. Manufacturers are
squeezing the margins on shops. Direct to consumer eBike sales are
bypassing bike shops.

AMuzi

Jan 5, 2024, 12:50:36 PMJan 5
Yes, it's as bad a situation as ever I've seen in our
industry. Still not the bloodbath of electric autos, but bad
enough.

sms

Jan 5, 2024, 1:04:30 PMJan 5
On 1/5/2024 9:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:

> Yes, it's as bad a situation as ever I've seen in our industry. Still
> not the bloodbath of electric autos, but bad enough.

But the losses in electric vehicles are because of the huge development
costs which will eventually be recouped, plus the automakers have
profits from gasoline powered vehicles to tide them over.

What's really scary is the prediction that China will start exporting
electric vehicles to the U.S.. BYD is already exporting to Mexico. BYD
has models for under $20,000.

AMuzi

Jan 5, 2024, 1:27:34 PMJan 5
On 1/5/2024 12:04 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 9:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>
>> Yes, it's as bad a situation as ever I've seen in our
>> industry. Still not the bloodbath of electric autos, but
>> bad enough.
>
> But the losses in electric vehicles are because of the huge
> development costs which will eventually be recouped, plus
> the automakers have profits from gasoline powered vehicles
> to tide them over.
>
> What's really scary is the prediction that China will start
> exporting electric vehicles to the U.S.. BYD is already
> exporting to Mexico. BYD has models for under $20,000.

Well, a over long enough time frame maybe, which won't help
the defunct entities. If a guy held his September 1929
assortment of US equities, the stock market on average
recovered all its losses by 1954. Which didn't affect the
guys who jumped out of windows in October 1929.

Zen Cycle

Jan 5, 2024, 1:45:24 PMJan 5
On 1/5/2024 12:43 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/3/2024 7:14 PM, sms wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Biden: +14.612 million in 35 months.
>
> The jobs report for December 2023 came out.
>
> Biden: +14.828 million in 36 months. Unemployment rate unchanged at 3.7%.
>
> "Hiring in the US was unexpectedly strong last month, as the American
> economy continued to defy forecasts of a slowdown.
>
> Employers added 216,000 jobs and the unemployment rate was unchanged at
> 3.7%, the Labor Department said.
>
> All told, the US added 2.7 million jobs last year, slowing after the
> boom of 4.8 million in 2022 and 6.4 million in 2021, but a faster pace
> than pre-pandemic years.
>
> Pay showed signs of rising, with average hourly earnings in December up
> 4.1% from a year earlier."
>
> This is great news, when the economy is doing well, with low
> unemployment, strong job gains, wage gains, and strong stock market
> performance, it benefits everyone. Now we have to find a way to get fuel
> prices down since they've gone up 70¢ since January 2021, about 30%.

Ebbs and flows....I don't think any lows seen during the pandemic are a
fair comparison, especially considering OPEC manipulated supply after
that to drive prices back up from the lows of 2020.

A fair comparison IMHO should be made using 2019 which in the Boston
area saw a low of 2.45 and a high of 2.90. Greater Boston right now
shows an average of 3.40. In my area they've stabilized at ~$3/gallon
+/-. I actually paid 2.98 last week, but my area tends to run ~30C
cheaper than greater Boston. I don't see it dipping much below that, but
considering inflation I think the prices I'm paying now aren't outrageous.

--
Add xx to reply

sms

Jan 5, 2024, 4:03:32 PMJan 5
On 1/5/2024 10:45 AM, Zen Cycle wrote:

> Ebbs and flows....I don't think any lows seen during the pandemic are a
> fair comparison, especially considering OPEC manipulated supply after
> that to drive prices back up from the lows of 2020.
>
> A fair comparison IMHO should be made using 2019 which in the Boston
> area saw a low of 2.45 and a high of 2.90. Greater Boston right now
> shows an average of 3.40. In my area they've stabilized at ~$3/gallon
> +/-. I actually paid 2.98 last week, but my area tends to run ~30C
> cheaper than greater Boston. I don't see it dipping much below that, but
> considering inflation I think the prices I'm paying now aren't outrageous.

True, the president has little to do with gasoline prices. Except that
oil companies tend to increase wholesale prices to retailers just before
an election if they believe that it will help oust a Democrat in favor
of a Republican.

John B.

Jan 5, 2024, 7:10:03 PMJan 5
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:04:27 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/5/2024 9:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>
>> Yes, it's as bad a situation as ever I've seen in our industry. Still
>> not the bloodbath of electric autos, but bad enough.
>
>But the losses in electric vehicles are because of the huge development
>costs which will eventually be recouped, plus the automakers have
>profits from gasoline powered vehicles to tide them over.
>
>What's really scary is the prediction that China will start exporting
>electric vehicles to the U.S.. BYD is already exporting to Mexico. BYD
>has models for under $20,000.

Remember when the first Volkswagens were imported? Funny little car...
didn't even have a fuel gage.... Never sell in the U.S.!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 5, 2024, 9:19:17 PMJan 5
On 1/5/2024 1:45 PM, Zen Cycle wrote:

> A fair comparison IMHO should be made using 2019 which in the Boston
> area saw a low of 2.45 and a high of 2.90. Greater Boston right now
> shows an average of 3.40. In my area they've stabilized at ~$3/gallon
> +/-. I actually paid 2.98 last week, but my area tends to run ~30C
> cheaper than greater Boston. I don't see it dipping much below that, but
> considering inflation I think the prices I'm paying now aren't outrageous.

Not that it matters to me, but:
https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/ohio/youngstown
currently says $2.29 per gallon at ten local stations.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Jan 5, 2024, 9:26:14 PMJan 5
Regarding numbers reported or produced or fabricated by this
administration:

https://www.ntd.com/us-payrolls-revised-lower-every-month-in-2023-post_939562.html

AMuzi

Jan 5, 2024, 9:30:32 PMJan 5
Yes, significant regional and local variance with different
tax and regulatory inputs. I listened to a morning Seattle
station today where they carp about fuel prices:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/washington/seattle

as much as the SoCal guys do:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/california/los-angeles

zen cycle

Jan 5, 2024, 11:42:15 PMJan 5
snob

Roger Merriman

Jan 6, 2024, 8:22:47 AMJan 6
Ha it’s over 6 dollars assuming my conversion from pounds to dollars and
litres to us Gallons is correct!

As I drive low miles annually, so within reason fuel price increases
doesn’t particularly matter. It’s not even a fuel efficient car managing
30ish mpg.

Roger Merriman

sms

Jan 6, 2024, 11:11:05 AMJan 6
On 1/5/2024 6:30 PM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> as much as the SoCal guys do:
>
> https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/california/los-angeles

Well I'd rather be spending $4 per gallon versus $2.29 per gallon and
live in California! Gasoline is such a small part of what I spend money
on that it's no big deal. I care a lot more about things like crime and
infrastructure.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/San-Jose Crime Index: 49.68
Safety Index: 50.32

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Los-Angeles Crime Index: 52.96
Safety Index: 47.04

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/San-Francisco Crime Index: 61.93
Safety Index: 38.07

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Madison Crime Index: 34.57 Safety Index:
65.43

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Youngstown Crime Index: 64.68 Safety
Index: 35.32

Madison looks really good. OTOH, housing prices in Youngstown, and the
presumably safer suburbs, are amazingly low.

AMuzi

Jan 6, 2024, 11:40:35 AMJan 6
Let's score that.
Uhaul 15' box truck Santa Clara to Houston $3379.
Houston to Santa Clara $1982

[for next Monday 8 January]

Actual numbers:
https://freedomandprosperity.org/2023/blog/blue-to-red-tax-migration-part-v/

sms

Jan 6, 2024, 12:02:57 PMJan 6
On 1/6/2024 8:40 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> Let's score that.
> Uhaul 15' box truck Santa Clara to Houston $3379.
> Houston to Santa Clara $1982
>
> [for next Monday 8 January]
>
> Actual numbers:
> https://freedomandprosperity.org/2023/blog/blue-to-red-tax-migration-part-v/

Houses are cheaper in Houston. A Californian could sell their house and
buy a larger house outright in Texas with the proceeds.

But Texas in general, and Houston especially, is a pretty dismal place
to live. I used to go there for work pretty often when Compaq was in
that area.

Even Austin, where I've been spending a lot of time on a job assignment,
isn't great. Awful weather, mediocre restaurants (except for high-priced
BBQ), and not a lot to do in terms of recreation. Upsides of Austin are
the music culture and the number of craft breweries.

While Texas is slowly turning Blue, it's still controlled by right-wing
wacko politicians for now.

AMuzi

Jan 6, 2024, 12:33:26 PMJan 6
On 1/6/2024 11:02 AM, sms wrote:
> On 1/6/2024 8:40 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Let's score that.
>> Uhaul 15' box truck Santa Clara to Houston $3379.
>> Houston to Santa Clara $1982
>>
>> [for next Monday 8 January]
>>
>> Actual numbers:
>> https://freedomandprosperity.org/2023/blog/blue-to-red-tax-migration-part-v/
>
> Houses are cheaper in Houston. A Californian could sell
> their house and buy a larger house outright in Texas with
> the proceeds.
>
> But Texas in general, and Houston especially, is a pretty
> dismal place to live. I used to go there for work pretty
> often when Compaq was in that area.
>
> Even Austin, where I've been spending a lot of time on a job
> assignment, isn't great. Awful weather, mediocre restaurants
> (except for high-priced BBQ), and not a lot to do in terms
> of recreation. Upsides of Austin are the music culture and
> the number of craft breweries.
>
> While Texas is slowly turning Blue, it's still controlled by
> right-wing wacko politicians for now.

Having worked in both Houston and in the Bay Area, I'd take
Texas. Except for Austin, where I agree with you. Nothing
nice to say (50~100 miles west in the Hill Country is great
cycling btw)

sms

Jan 6, 2024, 2:02:25 PMJan 6
On 1/6/2024 9:33 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> Having worked in both Houston and in the Bay Area, I'd take Texas.
> Except for Austin, where I agree with you. Nothing nice to say (50~100
> miles west in the Hill Country is great cycling btw)

When I started working in Texas, in early September, it had been over
100 degrees for 40 straight days. Fortunately, the very old building I
was in had very good air-conditioning.

By the end of September, there was baseball size hail that damaged or
destroyed many vehicles
<https://www.kxan.com/weather/cars-homes-damaged-after-sunday-night-hail-storm/>.

By early November, it was freezing. My boss told me I had been working
too many hours and I took some time off but there was little to do in
Austin other than drink beer or go to concerts. I used the bike share
one day, which is only eBikes in poor repair, and rode on a trail along
a river.

The Floppy Disk Repair Company <https://www.floppydiskrepairco.com/>, in
Austin, was pretty nice but very small.

Tom Kunich

Jan 7, 2024, 11:21:41 AMJan 7
2023 is going to be the first year since WW II that the GDP fell.

AMuzi

Jan 7, 2024, 11:23:11 AMJan 7
Update on that 'revision', or perhaps fake numbers attempt,
today:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/06/business/initial-us-employment-reports-overstated-by-439000-jobs-in-2023/

Since your average voter has the attention span and memory
of a gnat, this may be a very effective tactic; make stuff
up knowing no one will read the corrections later.

John B.

Jan 7, 2024, 5:09:39 PMJan 7
Well, it's early in the morning, but a quick reading of the above
seems to say that the government has reduced their estimate of jobs
and published a new, lower number. Or , in other terms, "Hey! we made
a mistake and here we've corrected it". That doesn't sound like a
major sin.

Didn't I read somewhere, "Let anyone among you who is without sin be
the first to throw a stone"?

--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 7, 2024, 5:41:23 PMJan 7
On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 08:21:39 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good old Tommy had promised to leave this site for ever and ever but
he has returned... with another blatant lie!
He states that "2023 is going to be the first year since WW II that
the GDP fell", but reality is
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GDP
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

Or perhaps a blatant lie is too harsh. Perhaps it is simply stupidity?
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Jan 7, 2024, 6:13:58 PMJan 7
On 1/7/2024 2:09 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> Well, it's early in the morning, but a quick reading of the above
> seems to say that the government has reduced their estimate of jobs
> and published a new, lower number. Or , in other terms, "Hey! we made
> a mistake and here we've corrected it". That doesn't sound like a
> major sin.
>
> Didn't I read somewhere, "Let anyone among you who is without sin be
> the first to throw a stone"?

The New York Post is an ultra-right-wing publication and they try to
spin everything against Biden.

Such correction in jobs numbers and unemployment numbers occur all the
time and in both directions.

Take any cites from the New York Post with many many grains of salt.

sms

Jan 7, 2024, 6:20:52 PMJan 7
On 1/7/2024 2:41 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> Good old Tommy had promised to leave this site for ever and ever but
> he has returned... with another blatant lie!
> He states that "2023 is going to be the first year since WW II that
> the GDP fell", but reality is
> https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GDP
> https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp
>
> Or perhaps a blatant lie is too harsh. Perhaps it is simply stupidity?

I think it's that he listens to his handlers without ever doing any
research. As the graph shows, the GDP fell during the last year of the
Trump presidency, likely due to the pandemic and how Trump mismanaged
the U.S. response. There was also a slight fall in 2008, the last year
of the W. administration, due to the recession.

From 1945 to 2Q2020 the GDP grew 4.1% on average under Democrats,
versus 2.5% under Republicans. So much for the myth that Republicans are
better for the economy! Under Democrats, the unemployment rates are
lower, the job gains are higher, the GDP goes up more, and the stock
market performs better.

John B.

Jan 7, 2024, 6:34:09 PMJan 7
On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:13:54 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/7/2024 2:09 PM, John B. wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Well, it's early in the morning, but a quick reading of the above
>> seems to say that the government has reduced their estimate of jobs
>> and published a new, lower number. Or , in other terms, "Hey! we made
>> a mistake and here we've corrected it". That doesn't sound like a
>> major sin.
>>
>> Didn't I read somewhere, "Let anyone among you who is without sin be
>> the first to throw a stone"?
>
>The New York Post is an ultra-right-wing publication and they try to
>spin everything against Biden.
>
>Such correction in jobs numbers and unemployment numbers occur all the
>time and in both directions.
>
>Take any cites from the New York Post with many many grains of salt.

Another thing I noticed, in other posts, the claim that "not employed"
ignored those who weren't looking for employment and I got to
thinking, "Hey! That's Me"!

Disregarding the fact that I live in a country where costs are much,
much, lower then the U.S., I haven't been gainfully employed for about
20 years, because, during the 30, or so years I was employed I saved
my money and made conservative investments which now return me
sufficient income to live in a manner I am accustomed to.

So, I'm not looking for a job and wouldn't take a job if offered. Why
should someone like me be counted in any calculation of employed, or
unemployed numbers?
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Jan 7, 2024, 7:07:13 PMJan 7
On 1/7/2024 5:13 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/7/2024 2:09 PM, John B. wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Well, it's early in the morning, but a quick reading of
>> the above
>> seems to say that the government has reduced their
>> estimate of jobs
>> and published a new, lower number. Or , in other terms,
>> "Hey! we made
>> a mistake and here we've corrected it". That doesn't sound
>> like a
>> major sin.
>>
>> Didn't I read somewhere, "Let anyone among you who is
>> without sin be
>> the first to throw a stone"?
>
> The New York Post is an ultra-right-wing publication and
> they try to spin everything against Biden.
>
> Such correction in jobs numbers and unemployment numbers
> occur all the time and in both directions.
>
> Take any cites from the New York Post with many many grains
> of salt.

meh. The numbers are the numbers, initially glowing then
revised closer to actual as has been the recent pattern.

How about left wing Bloomberg for the same report?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-01-05/naughty-traders-bring-2023-s-payrolls-sins-into-2024

"It’s the start of 2024, and what better way to end Week No.
1 than a Bureau of Labor Statistics report on the state of
US employment? Would it finally provide clarity on the
direction of the US economy? Alas, it would not!

In fact, Friday’s report left investors as confused about
the economy’s prospects as ever.

...the confusion started at 8:30 a.m. New York time with the
revelation that nonfarm payrolls grew by a
better-than-expected 216,000 (stock futures down; bond
yields up). The prevailing explanation for the move was that
labor market strength risked fanning inflation, which would
delay the start of any Fed policy rate cuts. But just 90
minutes later, a separate report from the Institute for
Supply Management suggested that services employment was in
fact collapsing (stocks up; yields down). By about
lunchtime, the market had more or less figured out that the
signals from both releases were more or less useless — and
prices ended the day hardly changed from Thursday."

There is wide reportage of this current policy to report
falsely high numbers then revise downward quietly later:

https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news/job-numbers-have-been-revised-down-for-seven-straight-months/

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 7, 2024, 8:02:19 PMJan 7
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He was hired originally as nothing more than your job - a gopher.

Tom. It's interesting that you should mention that. Gofer was your
position at Berkeley Computer Corporation (BCC). See Pg 27
Distribution list -> Engineering Support, which I assume was some form
of gopher:
<http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/bcc/originals/Admin/BCC_A-11.pdf>

The above document was approved on Oct 1, 1969, when you would have
been 25 years old and had just finished your service with the Air
Force:
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/MyPJ4MA3e60/m/-TZfbH7xAQAJ>
"I was born in October of 1944. I joined at 17.5 Those with the
ability to add would assume that I joined the Air Force in May of
1961. 4 years of active duty and two years inactive liable to be
recalled would to most people mean that I got off of active duty in
1965 and finished my service of the Air Force in 1967."

That seems correct. Finding a job after 4 or 6 years in the USAF,
without any useful work experience was probably difficult. You had to
start somewhere and gopher (actually gofer) would have been a good
place to start. However, I do find it rather odd that your would
demean someone else for following your upwards path towards fame and
glory. If it makes you feel better, I graduated college into a
recession (the space program collapse) and ended up working for
lightly above minimum wage installing 2way radios in cement mixers.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 7, 2024, 8:22:19 PMJan 7
On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:01:20 -0500, Zen Cycle <funkm...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/4/2024 9:54 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Expanding your clown act I see. Liebermann never designed anything.
>
>I believe him way before I believe you.

Thanks. The main difference between Tom and myself is that Tom
doesn't care if he lies or is caught lying, while I do care.

>> He was hired originally as nothing more than your job - a gopher.
>
>Yes, successful companies have a habit of giving their gophers
>"Principal Engineer" titles

I haven't seen that happen. Judging by their titles, I've exchanged
business cards with people who could have been anything from the floor
sweeper to the board chairman. It's often difficult to tell just from
the title.

>> He couldn't even do that without pissing off the people who actually did the work so he was ejected.
>
>That may be true.

Mostly true. At some point in time, I generally managed to irritate
just about everyone at various companies. However, I was never fired
because I couldn't do the work. I have had projects with didn't work
and would never work because of cost and time limitations. The
closest I came to being justifiably fired was when I almost blew a
rigid delivery deadline. In engineering, failure deliver is a capital
crime.

>If it was, he was at least smart enough to realize it
>and manage being a reasonably successful consulting engineer.

Thanks again. I'm quite jealous of amazing engineers like Tom who
have never made a mistake in their careers. It must be difficult
being and remaining perfect.

>(yes
>tommy, we know, you're going to claim he's on welfare - that's another
>lie of you own making). You on the other had didn't get it after being
>kicked to the curb 15 times in 20 years
>
>> With people like you working at your company they don't have a chance of living long.
>
>I'll just chalk that up with the accuracy of all your predictions...Red
>Wave, anyone?
It is loading more messages.