Actual cycling.

已查看 78 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月12日 12:36:332021/11/12
收件人
I did a ride yesterday and got up into the Altamonte Pass when since it was a weekday had a more or less continuous stream of double commuting up to dump garbage into the land fill. They were not giving me an inch extra of room and I was clearly in the shoulder. Since I knew that the shoulder would narrow up ahead so that I could be partially in the road I turned around and didn't climb up to the top of Altamonte pass. I retraced to Grenville Road and ran along the flats to where several entrances to Laurence Labs were.

Remember when our super-intelligent crew here used the fact that I misspelled Laurence as Lawrence as proof that I never worked there? I wonder what its like to live in La-La land like so many here do?

I had already climbed about 600 meters and was over 75 km and if I took the absolute shortest route I would have 20miles to go, but I didn't want a route with any more traffic on it than necessary and ended up going 28 miles (45 km) It turned out that I had been having such a difficult time because the wind was counter to its normal direction and was blowing pretty heavily. I had been working so hard that I just assumed that I was feeling weak. But when I started over Dublin Grade there was no wind on what was normally a upwind climb. At the top there was a wind that followed me all the way down the other side where I was rolling at 16 to 20 mph where I would normally be climbing the last climb at 6 at that sort of distance. Finally made it home at 72 miles or 116 km.

Since everyone is positively sure that people are dying by the thousands from a disease that doesn't even register on the CDC statistics, most of the centuries this year were cancelled so I guess that this long ride was welcome.

But without many rides where 40 miles was long my muscles twitched all night. I'll get in another 28 miles tomorrow and now at 4,250 will see how many miles I can get in for the year. Right now this MAY be another drought year in which case I might make 5,000 miles in a lockdown year.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月12日 16:41:082021/11/12
收件人
One thing I've always been curious about is driving at rush hour on the freeways around here very seldom have you slowing up for very long. And yet on the side roads directly adjacent to the freeway there will be a continuous stream of traffic driving well above the freeway limit while the cops NEVER police these roads at those times. Flunkmeister still hasn't given us a list of the bikes he owns and expects us to believe that he has a collection of bikes suitable to ride cyclocross on. If he wasn't always arguing that everything that is new is better than everything that is old, it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans. But unlike Jay who gets his top of the line stuff at a very large discount, Flakemaster, probably has been living on disability for the last 35 years.

Jeff Liebermann

未读,
2021年11月13日 00:53:392021/11/13
收件人
On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:36:31 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Remember when our super-intelligent crew here used the fact that I misspelled Laurence as Lawrence as proof that I never worked there?

Your memory is faulty. Not only did you misspell two places were you
claim to have been employed, you also mangled their names. This was
my reply to your mistakes on Feb 6, 2021:
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/_Y1MbXuzvNo/m/JfBaTJQ9AQAJ>
Quoting:

Speaking of employment, you also mentioned that you worked for
"Laurence Livermore Laboratories, Laurence Berkeley Laboratories and
NASA":

<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/CCfxzu4WFgY/m/1MNTZOPxAgAJ>
It would have been helpful if you had provided the correct spelling
for Lawrence and the proper name for the facilities. It is:
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
<https://www.llnl.gov>
and
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
<https://www.lbl.gov>
At least you spelled NASA correctly.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone employed by these companies
would forget their full names and proper spelling, especially after
having read and signed the mountain of forms that such employment
usually involves.

[ 20 mins wasted ]

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 10:21:082021/11/13
收件人
I find it unbelievable that you think that the laboratories are companies and not a collection of research projects run under research grants by a university of group of universities. I suppose the question is - when you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about why is your mouth always in gear? This entire world could do with a whole less people like you.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 10:36:112021/11/13
收件人
By the way Jeff - was my 72 mile ride so much more bicycling than you did this year driving you mad and you simply had to make a comment showing what a complete and utter ass you are?

Jeff Liebermann

未读,
2021年11月13日 13:25:262021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 07:21:06 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Your correct. I couldn't think of a way to describe the two
laboratories and chose "company" as a suitable adjective. Next time I
mention them, I'll properly refer to them as "research project
collectors" or perhaps "research grant aggregators". Whatever the
description, you couldn't recall or spell the correct name of two
research project collections who allegedly employed you to do
something useful.

[ 3 minutes wasted ]

Jeff Liebermann

未读,
2021年11月13日 13:38:372021/11/13
收件人
I like the way you framed the question and provided me with your
choice of answer and conclusion, all in one sentence. Yes, I'm
impressed with your ability to complete a 72 mile ride. I'm sure
you're aware that I currently have problems riding more then a mile or
two. Comparing your exemplary performance to my limited abilities is
not really a worthwhile exercise. Please note that my comments were
not about your riding ability, but rather about your inability to
recall the correct names and spelling of two former employers.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 15:27:042021/11/13
收件人
On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 10:38:37 AM UTC-8, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 07:36:09 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 7:21:08 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >By the way Jeff - was my 72 mile ride so much more bicycling than you did this year driving you mad and you simply had to make a comment showing what a complete and utter ass you are?
> I like the way you framed the question and provided me with your
> choice of answer and conclusion, all in one sentence. Yes, I'm
> impressed with your ability to complete a 72 mile ride. I'm sure
> you're aware that I currently have problems riding more then a mile or
> two. Comparing your exemplary performance to my limited abilities is
> not really a worthwhile exercise. Please note that my comments were
> not about your riding ability, but rather about your inability to
> recall the correct names and spelling of two former employers.

You're also well aware that anyone with an ounce of integrity would not be making ignorant comments about the spelling of someone that hadn't worked there in 25 years. Longer for the Berkeley lab although I did have a call a couple of years ago when an old manager wanted me to complete a project there. Maybe the most important thing in your life is the spelling of things but I really have more important things to do. If you can't ride more than a mile or two now you will never advance beyond that.

ritzann...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年11月13日 17:05:162021/11/13
收件人
So Tommy boy, you claim that a company you have not worked at for 25 or more years, an old manager (very old probably) at that company you have not worked at for over 25 years, calls you to hire you to complete a project. Yeah right. Now I realize there are many jobs that have remained static for 25 years. Same thinking, work process today as 25 years ago. But those are mostly manual labor type jobs. Like cooking at McDonalds or roofing a house or old car mechanic. Not new cars mechanic. But you claim to be an engineer (HaHaHoHo) and a computer genius and financial genius and chemical genius and every other kind of genius there is. I doubt any of the jobs you CLAIM to have held over the years are very similar today to what they were 25 years ago. You claim to have written computer code for NASA or something like that. Doubt that is anything similar to what it was like long ago. And you claim to have numerous patents to medical technology or something. Doubt much of that has remained static for 25 years.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 17:55:402021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 07:36:09 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
So, apparently you are claiming that riding a bicycle is, in some
manner, compensates with your not knowing how to spell a place where
you claim to have once been employed?

You really are a silly old man, aren't you.

Tom, Tom, the pipers son
Stole a pig and away he run
"No sir, I was just riding my bicycle"
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:09:352021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 12:27:02 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 10:38:37 AM UTC-8, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 07:36:09 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 7:21:08 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> >By the way Jeff - was my 72 mile ride so much more bicycling than you did this year driving you mad and you simply had to make a comment showing what a complete and utter ass you are?
>> I like the way you framed the question and provided me with your
>> choice of answer and conclusion, all in one sentence. Yes, I'm
>> impressed with your ability to complete a 72 mile ride. I'm sure
>> you're aware that I currently have problems riding more then a mile or
>> two. Comparing your exemplary performance to my limited abilities is
>> not really a worthwhile exercise. Please note that my comments were
>> not about your riding ability, but rather about your inability to
>> recall the correct names and spelling of two former employers.

>You're also well aware that anyone with an ounce of integrity would not be making ignorant comments about the spelling of someone that hadn't worked there in 25 years. Longer for the Berkeley lab although I did have a call a couple of years ago when an old manager wanted me to complete a project there. Maybe the most important thing in your life is the spelling of things but I really have more important things to do.

Try reading what I wrote, not what you would like to have seen me
write. I was complaining about your inability to correctly identify
the names of two of your alleged past employers. Spelling errors and
common on Usenet and are easily forgiven. Screwing up the company
names of employers you would certainly have used hundreds of times
during the duration of your alleged employment is not so easily
excusable and probably a good indication that you were never employed
by either company (or research aggregator). If your memory of past
employers names is failing, you might consider looking for the correct
names on your online resume:
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/>
Oh, they're not on your resume. Perhaps you should Google for the
correct names and spelling instead of guessing?

Thanks for disclosing approximately when you allegedly worked for LLNL
and LBL. That would be in about:
2021 - 25 = 1996
Your resume indicates that you were working for Datum from Nov 1995 to
Mar 1997 in San Jose. Did you work at 2 (or 3) jobs at the same time?

>If you can't ride more than a mile or two now you will never advance beyond that.

I didn't know that you were a medical practitioner. How did you get
enough information to offer such a prognosis? Are you clairvoyant?

[ 12 minutes wasted ]

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:33:132021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 15:09:07 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
Well Jeff, he was also bombing Vietnam from Guam while he was
stationed at Lowry AFB so with his military experience it would be
easy to work two jobs at the same time, in the same state.
AND! He probably did it while riding 75 miles a day on his bicycle.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:42:472021/11/13
收件人
Tell me donkey, I understand that you working at firms where you bookkeepers live your entire lives hoping to be able to save enough money to at least make up for the inflation that your great ideal Biden is putting upon you. But as I've said many times, Electronics engineering consists of completing projects and moving on to where another project is in need of an engineer. That particular boss was significantly younger than me and has since calling me apparently died much earlier than anyone would expect.

Being able to effectively complete projects is why I made the big bucks and why people like you will be hard pressed to make a living.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:44:492021/11/13
收件人
John, aren't you so clever. That must be why you don't seem capable of remembering anything about me and hence simply make it up as you go along. The IS the second stage of dementia you know.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:52:252021/11/13
收件人
Obviously you don't know what approximately means. And you expect me to believe that you're an analog engineer? Remind me never to send any work your way. Charley seems to have disappeared off of the map and I assume he died so I might have had analog jobs that I could have suggested you for. The "might have" part will now disappear permanently. And in any case I might have misspelled their company names and you'd never be able to find Aple.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:53:512021/11/13
收件人
Gee, more comments from the guy that doesn't know how long a hitch was for and talks about Vietnam even though he was never there.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 18:59:132021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 15:44:47 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Well, I remember your tales of bombing Vietnam while, as you have
stated, you were actually at Lowry A.F.B. and a few of your other
lurid stories and actually I can't compete. Your argument that,
somehow, riding 72 miles on a bicycle corrects your, obvious,
ignorance of how the name of a location at which you supposedly worked
for a period, is spelled, for example.

Yup Ma, I worked down that place there, that what you call it place,
where they did that there stuff.

Tommy, but you are unique.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 19:09:462021/11/13
收件人
And every posting you show just why you were a lifer.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 19:25:112021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 15:53:49 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Yup, and I was never in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cambodia,
Laos, Indonesia, or Thailand either.

Tommy, I have to "take back" that poem about Tom, Tom, the Piper's
son. You aren't even competent to steal pigs.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月13日 19:28:352021/11/13
收件人
Tell me John, what part of that war used B50's?

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 19:31:102021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 16:09:44 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Yup, spent 20 years in the Military and Uncle Sam gave me all paid
vacations all over Asia. Just think of it, 20 years of all included
paid tours throughout Asia, Well the South East portion anyway. Damn!
You can't beat that.

Not even on a bicycle.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月13日 19:46:292021/11/13
收件人
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 16:28:33 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Tommy Boy, I keep telling you that you just got to start with the
reading comprehension classes - they must have adult education in
progressive California - as I can't figure out any way that B-50's
have any relationship to stealing pigs, which was the subject under
discussion.

Or, perhaps you were referring to my all expanse paid tours in S.E.
Asia, in which case to the initial tour in Japan from 1953 at the tail
end of the Korean thingy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

ritzann...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年11月13日 22:34:112021/11/13
收件人
Back in the early, mid, 2000s I worked a 8-9 hour day at work. And then rode 30-40 maybe up to about 50 miles after work in the evening. And this was during the sunny, late sunset summer months AND during the pitch black at 5 PM winter nights too. But 75 mile rides after working all day seems a bit much. Unless you were a professional racer riding at 25 mph. So maybe Tommy could do it. According to him anyway.

AMuzi

未读,
2021年11月14日 11:14:272021/11/14
收件人

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月14日 11:32:122021/11/14
收件人
There was a video of a B50 on YouTube. One of the striking differences was the movement of the gun nacelles strongly suggested a central electromechanical fire control system. All of the guns moved synchronously. That would mean that only a single central gunner was used and the other four crewmen were ladies in waiting as it were if the fire control system failed. While failures of these sorts of fire control systems were not unusual, neither were they common. B52 D's had the tailgunner situated in the tail of the aircraft but by the H model they were in the central cabin with a real ejection seat instead of pushing out the gun and jumping out manually.

I do find it interesting that a lifer that was a so-called crew chief on a B50 didn't know that it was really a B29 redesignated.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月14日 17:35:082021/11/14
收件人
On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 08:32:10 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Yup, you seen it on youtube and therefore you know all about it.
Right? While I worked on them and thus don't know anything about it?
Your logic is irrefutable.

>I do find it interesting that a lifer that was a so-called crew chief on a B50 didn't know that it was really a B29 redesignated.

A B29 re designated? And again you exhibit your ignorance. It might
look a bit like a B-29 to the uninitiated (which you certainly are)
but if you actually worked on them you'd know difference.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月14日 17:49:072021/11/14
收件人
You're so good at using Google it surprises me that you didn't bother to read Andrew's reference: "The end of World War II saw the cancellation of B-29 orders. To rescue the program, the military redesignated the B-29D as the B-50 to imply the aircraft incorporated more original design features than was actually the case—hardly the first nor the last time misleading aircraft designations have been adopted for political purposes."

So, Johnny, what were these "differences" that you think that anyone would be able to see.

John B.

未读,
2021年11月14日 19:16:222021/11/14
收件人
On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:49:05 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Well, lets see:

Revisions to the B-50 (from its predecessor B-29) would boost top
speed to just under 400 miles per hour (640 km/h). Changes included:

More powerful engines
Redesigned engine nacelles and engine mounts
Enlarged vertical tail and rudder (to maintain adequate yaw
control during engine-out conditions)
Reinforced wing structure (required due to increased engine mass,
larger gyroscopic forces from larger propellers, greater fuel load,
and revised landing gear loading)
Revised routing for engine gases (cooling, intake, exhaust and
intercooler ducts; also oil lines)
Upgraded remote turret fire-control equipment
Landing gear strengthened and takeoff weight increased from
133,500 pounds (60,600 kg) to 173,000 pounds (78,000 kg)
Increased fuel capacity with underwing fuel tanks being added.[13]
Improvements to flight control systems (the B-29 was difficult to
fly; with increased weights the B-50 would have been more so).
Nose wheel steering rather than a castering nose wheel as on the
B-29

I might mention that there was sufficient difference for the A.F. to
organize a training course for the maintenance people who would be
assigned to the "new" system.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

未读,
2021年11月15日 10:57:112021/11/15
收件人
Let's see, you seem to have missed that it was a B-29D that was redesignated so that Congress would give them another contract thinking that they were getting a newer aircraft. But lie away stupid.
0 个新帖子