Growth of voting

Tom Kunich

Jan 22, 2021, 1:17:29 PM1/22/21
Trump's victory over Hillary showed an increase in voters about equal to the population of voter growth. The increase in the number of voters during the Biden-Trump election was 17% vs a population growth of versus a voting population growth of less than 1% This has never before happened in the history of this country and while you could expect a better turnout for elections due to 24 hour a day Lame Stream Media attacks, they did the same thing in 2016 for Hillary with virtually no change in the voting population growth vs the actual election turnout.

This is pretty much a guarantee of large scale voting fraud. The Democrat Party is not very bright and they would be completely incapable of this sort of fraud since this is military grade. I would say that this pretty much points to China since they are the one's to gain the most from the almost instant gain they received from Biden's very first actions.

Lou Holtman

Jan 22, 2021, 3:21:45 PM1/22/21
Op vrijdag 22 januari 2021 om 19:17:29 UTC+1 schreef cycl...@gmail.com:
> Trump's victory over Hillary showed an increase in voters about equal to the population of voter growth. The increase in the number of voters during the Biden-Trump election was 17% vs a population growth of versus a voting population growth of less than 1% This has never before happened in the history of this country and while you could expect a better turnout for elections due to 24 hour a day Lame Stream Media attacks, they did the same thing in 2016 for Hillary with virtually no change in the voting population growth vs the actual election turnout.
>
> This is pretty much a guarantee of large scale voting fraud. The Democrat Party is not very bright and they would be completely incapable of this sort of fraud since this is military grade. I would say that this pretty much points to China since they are the one's to gain the most from the almost instant gain they received from Biden's very first actions.

Argggg... please Tom you wearing us out with your election fraud crap. Get over it and move on. You must have better/more constructive things to do.

Lou

John B.

Jan 22, 2021, 6:06:04 PM1/22/21
By Gorry! You've hit it right on the head. Them Chinese chaps control
the voting in the United States. Why, next elections they'll probably
have you fellows voting communist.

Tommy, you are a genius!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Roger Merriman

Jan 22, 2021, 6:22:36 PM1/22/21
What about bikes? Anyone bought new ones or new or old tech?

I’m personally waiting for my Gravel bike to come back from the shop as
it’s having a new group set fitted nothing that posh, but moving to
Hydraulic over cable disks.

As I was killing the brakes, and they where still a touch underwhelming
once off road.

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

Jan 22, 2021, 7:08:28 PM1/22/21
Lou, maybe you live in a country where election fraud is commonplace and accepted but it isn't in this country.

Tom Kunich

Jan 22, 2021, 7:11:24 PM1/22/21
I'm on the verge of buying another steel bike and putting the money I earn off of selling my two Trek superbikes into a fund to install a new concrete driveway, I really am getting tired of riding down very rapid descents and worrying about if I'm going to get a major failure, Someone that is 15 kg lighter than me wouldn't have to worry about anything

jbeattie

Jan 22, 2021, 7:11:36 PM1/22/21
On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3:22:36 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
What! Take your bike to a shop? Let me remind you that this is not rec.takeyourbicycletoashop.tech. Building a bike these days is like plug and play -- with a minor pause in the action for hydro discs. Man up! What is your wife telling her friends? If I had a Twitter account and knew how to use it, I'd give you some scurrilous hashtag.

I upgraded my commuter from cable discs to hydro and 11sp. I regret going 11sp because of cassette/chain wear versus 9sp, but it really stops. So now I have a CAADX commuter pig that stops really well. I hate the "out front" steering geometry on the CAADX. It's great for CX but sluggish on the road. That bike has my dyno mood light on it which allows me to be terrified traveling more than 10mph on the twisty wet descents around here. I put a rack on it, so now it is totally transportational.

I was riding around in the dark the other night, winding up a hill with my little mood light and pulsing L&M Urban, and I encountered a woman going the opposite direction with TWO round-beam headlights with probably 2K lumens each. After regaining consciousness, I said "don't you think that is excessive?" She did not respond and sped down the hill. So much for social responsibility! I'm going out and getting myself some SMS approved ChiLights. Time to retaliate!

-- Jay Beattie.

AMuzi

Jan 22, 2021, 7:27:33 PM1/22/21
On 1/22/2021 6:11 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3:22:36 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Lou Holtman <lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Argggg... please Tom you wearing us out with your election fraud crap.
>>> Get over it and move on. You must have better/more constructive things to do.
>>>
>>> Lou
>>>
>> What about bikes? Anyone bought new ones or new or old tech?
>>
>> I’m personally waiting for my Gravel bike to come back from the shop as
>> it’s having a new group set fitted nothing that posh, but moving to
>> Hydraulic over cable disks.
>>
>> As I was killing the brakes, and they where still a touch underwhelming
>> once off road.
>
> I'm on the verge of buying another steel bike and putting the money I earn off of selling my two Trek superbikes into a fund to install a new concrete driveway, I really am getting tired of riding down very rapid descents and worrying about if I'm going to get a major failure, Someone that is 15 kg lighter than me wouldn't have to worry about anything

At our age, a cheaper solution - asphalt - will last a
lifetime. Or more.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Bob F

Jan 22, 2021, 11:47:26 PM1/22/21
On 1/22/2021 10:17 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> Trump's victory over Hillary showed an increase in voters about equal to the population of voter growth. The increase in the number of voters during the Biden-Trump election was 17% vs a population growth of versus a voting population growth of less than 1% This has never before happened in the history of this country and while you could expect a better turnout for elections due to 24 hour a day Lame Stream Media attacks, they did the same thing in 2016 for Hillary with virtually no change in the voting population growth vs the actual election turnout.
>
> This is pretty much a guarantee of large scale voting fraud. The Democrat Party is not very bright and they would be completely incapable of this sort of fraud since this is military grade. I would say that this pretty much points to China since they are the one's to gain the most from the almost instant gain they received from Biden's very first actions.

It just proves without any doubt that trump activated every thinking
voter to throw him out.

Lou Holtman

Jan 23, 2021, 3:46:28 AM1/23/21
Op zaterdag 23 januari 2021 om 01:11:36 UTC+1 schreef jbeattie:
Pretty boring here. Nothing breaks and I have really nothing to wish for in the parts and upgrade department so only riding my bike a lot because of the lock down there is nothing else to go to. In this time of the year the bike gets dirty after every ride. I don't know what the farmers are doing but the leave a lot of mud on always wet country roads. The car wash is also very busy so I got me one of these to make cleaning easier/quicker at home:

https://images.app.goo.gl/vSDxNFVi6KKSQJ5VA

Lou

Lou Holtman

Jan 23, 2021, 9:08:36 AM1/23/21
Op zaterdag 23 januari 2021 om 01:08:28 UTC+1 schreef cycl...@gmail.com:
We have no election fraud here. If there were any doubts I would not whine about it to fellow cyclists in this forum for months. We also not have a two political party system that encourage polarization. Get yourself elected and do something about it. Pfff...

Lou

Tosspot

Jan 23, 2021, 10:20:11 AM1/23/21
My rear mudguard bridge broke. Ordered another one. SKS.

Tosspot

Jan 23, 2021, 10:21:06 AM1/23/21
Ermmm. wasn't it just accepted? Face it, in the U.S. election fraud is
the norm.

Bertrand

Jan 23, 2021, 10:57:00 AM1/23/21
On 1/22/2021 19:11, jbeattie wrote:

> I upgraded my commuter from cable discs to hydro and 11sp. I regret going 11sp because of cassette/chain wear versus 9sp, but it really stops.

How much of a difference do you see between 9sp and 11sp? I've never used 11,
but have ridden a lot on 9sp and 10sp road bikes, and never noticed any
significant difference in chain wear.

sms

Jan 23, 2021, 3:21:46 PM1/23/21
On 1/22/2021 8:47 PM, Bob F wrote:

<snip>

> It just proves without any doubt that trump activated every thinking
> voter to throw him out.

The big difference this election was mail-in voting in so many states.
It was so easy to vote and there was such a big motivation to vote
because of Trump's mishandling of the pandemic in particular and the
economy in general.

Georgia set the example, but expect some other southern states to turn
blue as well, including Florida, Texas, and North Carolina, all of which
have relatively good educational systems. States like Mississippi,
Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina will of course remain red because
they have very poor educational systems.

AMuzi

Jan 23, 2021, 3:39:42 PM1/23/21

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 23, 2021, 4:11:48 PM1/23/21
Are 9 or 10 year olds in grade 4 allowed to vote? I don't think so.

Why select math as the criteria for comparison? I would think that
reading would be more appropriate for voting, except that there's very
no test data available for reading in most states.

If you realy want a valid voter literacy comparison by state, the
statistical population should exclude those who cannot legally vote.
That would be children under 18, non-citizens, convicted felons, and
lizard people. I couldn't find such a voter literacy survey.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

News 2021

Jan 23, 2021, 5:00:14 PM1/23/21
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 16:20:58 +0100, Tosspot scribed:

> Ermmm. wasn't it just accepted? Face it, in the U.S. election fraud is
> the norm.

AFAIK, technically there is fraud* in every election and impossible to
eliminate, but the critical question is it of significance. The usual
answer is NO.

In Trump, et al's case, they have failed to demonstrate any significant
fraud. AFAIK, all their attempts to provide even a single example has
failed.

Personally, I had a chuckle over "The King of Gondor" case.

jbeattie

Jan 23, 2021, 7:34:43 PM1/23/21
I don't keep careful track, but it seems like a >25% faster wear. Totally non-scientific. I bet there is a website somewhere that has done a study.

-- Jay Beattie.

sms

Jan 23, 2021, 8:28:33 PM1/23/21
On 1/23/2021 1:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

<snip>

> Why select math as the criteria for comparison? I would think that
> reading would be more appropriate for voting, except that there's very
> no test data available for reading in most states.

I think that critical thinking skills should be the criteria. But then
the whole country would be blue and we'd have a one-party system of only
Democrats. That might not be the best thing, but at least we'd be rid of
Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, and Louie Gohmert.

> If you realy want a valid voter literacy comparison by state, the
> statistical population should exclude those who cannot legally vote.
> That would be children under 18, non-citizens, convicted felons, and
> lizard people. I couldn't find such a voter literacy survey.

Well if you're going to exclude lizard people then the Republicans will
win every election.

John B.

Jan 23, 2021, 8:39:54 PM1/23/21
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 17:28:27 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:
On the other hand is literacy necessary in these modern times? After
all the information in the whole world is available on YouTube.
Isn't it?

Ever read 1984?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 23, 2021, 9:30:43 PM1/23/21
On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 08:39:47 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On the other hand is literacy necessary in these modern
>times?

Nope. We are in the process of substituting icons, hieroglyphics,
abbreviations and symbology for reading comprehension. These have the
advantage of working in almost any language, and being easy to learn
in the form of graffiti. In time, communications will be reduced to
SMS/TEXT msging shrt hnd and iconography. It's much like the
transition between cave paintings, glyphs and alphabets. Each was an
effort to make the previous writing technology more accessible to the
GUM (great unwashed masses). One possible reason for the invention of
an alphabet was because the inventor found it too difficult and time
consuming to teach his slaves hieroglyphics and found it easier to
substitute sound-symbols, also known as letters.

>After
>all the information in the whole world is available on YouTube.
>Isn't it?

Absolutely. My new neighbor was having problems with her chain saw
today. I found it necessary to assure her that I knew how to deal
with them. So, I announced "I've been watching chainsaw videos on
YouTube. That makes me an expert". After that, she wouldn't let me
anywhere near her chainsaw, but previously, it always worked.

>Ever read 1984?

Of course. It was required reading at some point in my
indoctrination, errr education. I haven't seen the movie:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wis_sLT1I>

I thought you might prefer "Starship Troopers" by Robert Heinlein,
where voting and holding public office is limited to those who have
served in the "Federal Service".
<https://www.nitrosyncretic.com/rah/ftp/fedrlsvc.pdf>
It seems like a better idea than compulsory voting, where you have the
choice of voting or going to jail.

John B.

Jan 23, 2021, 10:06:22 PM1/23/21
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 18:30:35 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:
Yup, I just read it again and it is just a good story as it was years
ago when I first read it.

But, I'm not sure about the theory that in order to vote one must
first have undertaken some sort of "federal service" as at one time in
my military career I was assigned to The USAF Test Center at Edwards
AFB out in the desert in a unit tasked with testing the F-111B, which
demonstrated that neither "federal service" not "federal procurement"
resulted in the best equipment or the best personnel. :-)

By the way, I believe that Singapore still has mandatory government
service for all male citizens. At the age of 18, I believe a two year
stint in government service, in the military, police or "civil de
fence" which covers fireman, emergency medical service, etc.

It does have it's advantages as the local "cop on the beat" may well
be your kid, or the neighbor's. It also does give one a certain sense
of responsibility, albeit a small one, and (I suspect) it also gives
the government the chance to orient (brain wash) future voters to
understand that the reigning political party is the best party. Note
here that the People's Action Party has been in power in Singapore
since 1959 although occasionally one, or sometimes two, opposition
members do get elected to the legislature :-)

Additionally it also should be mentioned that under the PAP Singapore
went from a burned out wreck to a modern developed country in, I
believe, the shortest period of any country in the world.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tosspot

Jan 24, 2021, 5:51:21 AM1/24/21
On 23/01/2021 23:00, News 2021 wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 16:20:58 +0100, Tosspot scribed:
>
>> Ermmm. wasn't it just accepted? Face it, in the U.S. election fraud is
>> the norm.
>
> AFAIK, technically there is fraud* in every election and impossible to
> eliminate, but the critical question is it of significance. The usual
> answer is NO.
>
> In Trump, et al's case, they have failed to demonstrate any significant
> fraud. AFAIK, all their attempts to provide even a single example has
> failed.

That just shows how *good* they are at fraud. I mean it would be
pointless if it was detectable wouldn't it?

> Personally, I had a chuckle over "The King of Gondor" case.

Ok, the Tolkien bit I get, but not the rest.

News 2021

Jan 24, 2021, 6:43:41 AM1/24/21
On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:51:13 +0100, Tosspot scribed:
Happy to oblige with a url

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/23/donald-trump-lawsuit-lord-
of-the-rings-gondor-election

Tosspot

Jan 24, 2021, 10:37:53 AM1/24/21
My flabber is well and truly ghasted. The consistency of porcine
excrement springs to mind.

Tom Kunich

Jan 24, 2021, 11:19:55 AM1/24/21
So what you're saying is that the reason you weren't re-elected was because no one in your town had critical thinking skills? You do realize that is why you weren't re-elected don't you?

AMuzi

Jan 24, 2021, 12:09:39 PM1/24/21
They had Lee Kuan Yew, a big difference from everywhere else.

Lou Holtman

Jan 24, 2021, 1:01:29 PM1/24/21
Op zondag 24 januari 2021 om 17:19:55 UTC+1 schreef cycl...@gmail.com:
Of course. Election fraud or the majority of the voters thought that one of the other candidates was the better choice. Tom, if you take part in an election you can lose.

Lou

Frank Krygowski

Jan 24, 2021, 1:17:49 PM1/24/21
On 1/24/2021 5:51 AM, Tosspot wrote:
> On 23/01/2021 23:00, News 2021 wrote:
>>
>> AFAIK, technically there is fraud* in every election and impossible to
>> eliminate, but the critical question is it of significance. The usual
>> answer is NO.
>>
>> In Trump, et al's case, they have failed to demonstrate any significant
>> fraud. AFAIK, all their attempts to provide even a single example has
>> failed.
>
> That just shows how *good* they are at fraud.  I mean it would be
> pointless if it was detectable wouldn't it?

I think there are two possibilities:

!) There was a massive, highly organized nationwide election fraud
scheme that required complicity and coordination from hundreds or
thousands of election boards across dozens of states, and many thousands
of individual poll workers, plus over 60 judges including those
appointed by Trump, plus their staff. This effort was so sophisticated
it defied detection even in normally Republican states that performed
multiple recounts of votes. (And BTW, it somehow rejected Trump while
electing many down-ballot Republicans.)

Or:

2) There was a massive publicity campaign initiated well before the
election, and continued afterward, to fool Trump-worshippers into
thinking that the election would be so corrupt as to overturn the
results of the votes for president (but, um, not the votes for the
down-ballot Republicans). And, given the intellectual capacity of Trumps
biggest fans, this effort worked.

I think scenario #2 is far more likely.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Ralph Barone

Jan 24, 2021, 2:02:21 PM1/24/21
If scenario #1 is true, you might make the case that somebody smart enough
to pull that off SHOULD be running the country.

John B.

Jan 24, 2021, 5:51:14 PM1/24/21
I read something the other day that may have a bearing on the subject.
It stated that:
"You know how dumb the average individual is?
Well, by definition, half are *even dumber!"

https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/universe/what-is-the-average-iq-in-the-us-and-is-it-reliable.html
"According to a World IQ study, the US ranks 27th in the world with an
average IQ of 98"
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 24, 2021, 7:07:49 PM1/24/21
But I remember hearing that in Lake Wobegon, all the children are above
average.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Jan 24, 2021, 7:38:09 PM1/24/21
Yes a very canny chap. I remember a televised meeting of school
teachers to protest the "new" policy of teaching Mandarin Chinese in
schools. One teacher got up and stated that he was 45 years old and
too old to learn a new language. Lee got up and said something like,
"Well, I'm 50, and I did". Talk about taking the wind out of sails :-)

As an aside, in his collage days in England he was a rabid socialist
but moderated his stance considerably after returning to Asia.
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Jan 24, 2021, 8:17:29 PM1/24/21
I didn't have my supporters march on City Hall, and break in, when I
lost. I was disappointed, but not sad. I never dreamed of running for
office or becoming mayor, but it was certainly an adventure, and the one
area where I made a significant difference was in bicycle
infrastructure, in bicycle boulevards, separated bicycle lanes,
multi-use trails, and secure bicycle parking.

Developers spent a fortune supporting one of the winning candidates, who
refused to sign on to the campaign spending limit. $100,000 can't beat
$20,000. I may run again in 2022.

Tosspot

Jan 25, 2021, 6:29:26 AM1/25/21
That's why you should never underestimate Sleepy Joe. He's that good!

sms

Jan 25, 2021, 11:46:06 AM1/25/21
If the Democrats were smart enough to commit massive voter fraud then
Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham would have lost.

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 11:49:19 AM1/25/21
On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 8:47:26 PM UTC-8, Bob F wrote:
> On 1/22/2021 10:17 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > Trump's victory over Hillary showed an increase in voters about equal to the population of voter growth. The increase in the number of voters during the Biden-Trump election was 17% vs a population growth of versus a voting population growth of less than 1% This has never before happened in the history of this country and while you could expect a better turnout for elections due to 24 hour a day Lame Stream Media attacks, they did the same thing in 2016 for Hillary with virtually no change in the voting population growth vs the actual election turnout.
> >
> > This is pretty much a guarantee of large scale voting fraud. The Democrat Party is not very bright and they would be completely incapable of this sort of fraud since this is military grade. I would say that this pretty much points to China since they are the one's to gain the most from the almost instant gain they received from Biden's very first actions.
> >
> It just proves without any doubt that trump activated every thinking
> voter to throw him out.
Bob, I would like you to tell me exactly what you believe that Trump did to cause such bitter hatred on the part of you and people like you. Give me a few examples.

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 11:54:47 AM1/25/21
On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 6:08:36 AM UTC-8, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op zaterdag 23 januari 2021 om 01:08:28 UTC+1 schreef cycl...@gmail.com:

> > > Argggg... please Tom you wearing us out with your election fraud crap. Get over it and move on. You must have better/more constructive things to do.
> > Lou, maybe you live in a country where election fraud is commonplace and accepted but it isn't in this country.
> We have no election fraud here. If there were any doubts I would not whine about it to fellow cyclists in this forum for months. We also not have a two political party system that encourage polarization. Get yourself elected and do something about it. Pfff...

Lou, you are shocked that I would accuse your government of election fraud. You think that I am whining when we have literally hundreds of affidavits signed by people OF BOTH parties and Democrat judges threw these out without so much as looking at the complaints. We have affidavits from people who actually observed that voting system miscount the votes. I just showed that the growth in votes for Biden were larger than at any time in the history of this country and if nothing else demand investigation and you call that whining. It is nice to know how little respect you have for people.

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 11:58:26 AM1/25/21
And I am perfectly willing to lose, what I am not willing to do is have direct claims of large scale election fraud backed up with statistical data completely unheard of in the entire time this country has been here without so much as a fair hearing. Oh, wait a minute, you have fair and honest elections so everyone else has correct?

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 12:09:56 PM1/25/21
Frank, normally I would agree with you on this sort of subject. But the courts would not allow hundreds of people to testify what fraud they PERSONALLY observed, the people that had installed the electronic vote counting software used in most states were accused of writing software that was developed to specifically allow banana republic dictators to win elections and both a Republican and a Democrat poll watcher actually observed a count for Trump registering for Biden and they bother swore an affidavit to that effect. I showed that the total numbers of voters changed by 15% when the LARGEST change in the history of this country was 2% when the soldiers returned from WW II. If you are unwilling to give these things fair hearings you simply don't give one damn about how an election could be so distorted. His first day in office Biden reinstalled the deep state and relations with China that we absolutely know was paying Biden off.

I will ask you something else - WHY has not the media even mentioned that Fauci was actually paying for the research in China that developed covid-19 when it was both against the Geneva Convention and Obama himself signed a law into effect that this sort of research would be illegal after 300 to virologists sent him a letter saying that this was probably the most dangerous type of research that could be undertaken? Since you believe that millions of people are dying from covid-19 why aren't you even curious?

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 12:12:24 PM1/25/21
If you had the slightest idea of how elections work you would know that elections for Senators and Representatives are FAR easier to track and to double check so far more dangerous to try and commit fraud with.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 25, 2021, 2:28:41 PM1/25/21
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 17:28:27 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

Agreed. There are 12 million people (3.7%) in the US who believe that
lizard people in suits run the country. Out of every 100 people that
you know and work with, 3.7 of them are really lizard people in
various disguises:

"Conspiracy craze: why 12 million Americans believe alien lizards rule
us"
<https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/07/conspiracy-theory-paranoia-aliens-illuminati-beyonce-vaccines-cliven-bundy-jfk>

Unfortunately, the survey didn't bother asking if any lizard people in
suits hold or are running for public office. However, since these
lizard people are part of the ruling elite, methinks it's safe to
assume that many of them hold public office. They also seem better
organized than the average USian, which suggests that in order to have
taken over, they would probably have favored one political party,
rather than split their votes and influence between the two available
parties. Given the recent demonstration of how the Republican party
operates, I think it likely that the lizard people in suits are
predominantly Republicans.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 25, 2021, 2:36:40 PM1/25/21
If they're "in" the lake, then they're below the water line and have
drowned. Perhaps on, beside, or near the lake might yield an average
IQ greater than zero:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon>

I may have seen Lake Wobegon when I spent a summer at Camp Runamuck:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Runamuck>

Sepp Ruf

Jan 25, 2021, 2:55:42 PM1/25/21
sms wrote:

> I didn't have my supporters march on City Hall, and break in, when I
> lost.

You're so honorable it's old-fashioned! Don't you know that the other
candidates were close to synthesizing false-flag Scharfie supporters (on
bikes) to incite a brake-in? The plan *only* failed because the "bikes" at
Wal-Mart were sold out!!!

> I was disappointed, but not sad. I never dreamed of running for
> office or becoming mayor, but it was certainly an adventure, and the one
> area where I made a significant difference was in bicycle
> infrastructure, in bicycle boulevards, separated bicycle lanes,
> multi-use trails, and secure bicycle parking.

Which somehow failed to win over the Teslan majority. Doesn't matter, now
you can relax and prove that your cycle facilities facilitate losing thirty
pounds, and gaining ten pounds of muscle mass, before the next campaign starts.

> Developers spent a fortune supporting one of the winning candidates, who
> refused to sign on to the campaign spending limit. $100,000 can't beat
> $20,000. I may run again in 2022.

Of course you will, you want to repeal the Dark Skies program that basically
disowns you of your Gigalumens Chinese bike pulsars!

TBW, this is what happens once the unwashed transmural rail reaches pleasant
Appleville:
<https://open.lbry.com/@hugotalks:8/Netherlands-ERUPTS-Over-Curfew-Lockdown-Hugo-talks--lockdown:d?t=50>
(Dutch bike barricades)

AMuzi

Jan 25, 2021, 3:16:45 PM1/25/21

News 2021

Jan 25, 2021, 3:40:16 PM1/25/21
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:54:45 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> Lou, you are shocked that I would accuse your government of election
> fraud.

> You think that I am whining when we have literally hundreds of
> affidavits signed by people OF BOTH parties and Democrat judges threw
> these out without so much as looking at the complaints.

YOU ARE WHINING.
Judges of all political orientation dismissed the claims.
Largely because the filer did not follow the correct procedure and file
their complaints at the legally required bodies.

Judges can only follow what the lw says, not make the law.
You must be really stupid to not understand this at the age you claim.

> We have
> affidavits from people who actually observed that voting system miscount
> the votes.

Funny how all the check counts never picked up those truck loads of
miscounted votes.

>I just showed that the growth in votes for Biden were larger
> than at any time in the history of this country and if nothing else
> demand investigation and you call that whining.

Simple explanation; so many people have come to hate Trump and what he
did to your country, that this election they got off their arses and
voted.

So long as the number of votes cast does not exceed the number of
eligible voters, there is nothing to be concerned about.

> It is nice to know how
> little respect you have for people.

It is called KARMA. the respect you send out is the respect you get.
GIGO.

News 2021

Jan 25, 2021, 3:51:51 PM1/25/21
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:58:23 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> And I am perfectly willing to lose, what I am not willing to do is have
> direct claims of large scale election fraud backed up with statistical
> data completely unheard of in the entire time this country has been here
> without so much as a fair hearing. Oh, wait a minute, you have fair and
> honest elections so everyone else has correct?

Do you have any education beyond grade school?
Something in statistics and scientific method?
Your alleged correlation is not causation.
The fact that no where does the total number of votes cast, exceed the
number of eligible voters, completely blows your theory away.

News 2021

Jan 25, 2021, 3:55:57 PM1/25/21
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:49:17 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
Who needs a few?
The fact that he lied right from the start about covid-19 and did nothing
to hinder its spread, while telling people it is like the common flu and
will magically go away. Is enough right there.

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 4:39:05 PM1/25/21
Of course you have a referenced quote don't you?

AMuzi

Jan 25, 2021, 6:08:35 PM1/25/21
That was Dr 'snake tongue' Fauci with one of his many
pronouncements. Like Nostradamus, you can prove any point
from either side by selectively quoting Fauci.

As regards Mr Trump, his sins AFAICT are mostly being fat
and obnoxious. He is, there's no way to slice it.

Full employment scared the living crap out of RINOS and the
lefties. Deregulation started under Mr Carter but neither
Party ever really embraced freedom. There's not enough
baksheesh in lack of rule-writing. Deregulation is over now:
https://www.atr.org/bidens-15-minimum-wage-could-kill-37-million-american-jobs?amp

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/21/facebook-posts/how-bidens-executive-order-halting-keystone-xl-pip/

When Mr Trump stopped travel from China in January 2020,
back when Dr Fauci said this was no big deal, he was called
'racist'. No one's talking about a reversal on that even now.

This week the breathless propaganda media report Mr Biden
intends to supply a million vaccine shots per 100 days.
Which just happens to be the current rate under Mr Trump's
program. The innumerate among them ( a majority?) then
filled the radio all weekend with speculation whether that's
shots or humans (2 shots each).
https://www.mediaite.com/news/jen-psaki-spins-bidens-1-million-shots-per-day-pledge-as-bold-goal-even-after-reporter-notes-u-s-already-hitting-that-mark/
This passes for logical enquiry now.

Banning travel from the countries on Mr Obama's terrorism
list (which does not include the largest moslem population
countries BTW) was called 'racist'. So now our enlightened
Dear Leader has approved jihadis to enter but not European
or SA citizens. SA? Hey isn't that racist?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/biden-travel-ban/2021/01/25/f10084b4-5f1f-11eb-afbe-9a11a127d146_story.html

Several personalities tugged on Mr Bush (43)'s sleeve to
pardon Jack Johnson. Nope. Mr Obama had no time for it
either. Mr Trump did it. Long term funding for HBC? Mr
Clinton (Harvard), Mr Bush (Yale), heck even Mr Obama
(Harvard) didn't see the need or the point. Mr Trump did it.
Sentencing Reform for nonviolent offenders has been a
redemptive success by any measure.

Congress resolved to move our Israeli embassy to the actual
capital in the mid-1990s. Mr Clinton, Mr Bush, Mr Obama
promised. Mr Trump did it. We were promised the gates of
hell would open that day. I may have missed it.

The old wise heads ("sure it doesn't work but it's in the
manual we wrote) spent 55 years pretending that displaced
Arab peoples in the Levant are a nation and that they are
critical to breaking up the local mafia kleptocracies and
achieving 'peace' or at least less sabotage and irregular
warfare against the Israelis. No other path was ever
discussed. (Mr Kerry's words, "No, no, no and no.") Mr
Trump found another path.

You may believe he's fat and obnoxious. I won't argue
because it's true. But the man did many things well, under
historically severe adversity.

Even now, as an ex-President, the attacks continue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXFOpqkC88

Which, though disgusting, is not unprecedented. We may have
this in our future if AOC & friends have any say in the matter:
https://worldhistory.us/european-history/uk-irish-history/the-exhumation-and-posthumous-execution-of-oliver-cromwell.php

Tom Kunich

Jan 25, 2021, 6:54:30 PM1/25/21
While Obama was in office, some 300 viral researchers of the highest caliber caught wind that Fauci was funding laboratories in the USA to investigate GOF (gain of function on viruses. In no uncertain terms they recommended to President Obama that this was perhaps the most dangerous research possible because the entire purpose of this sort of research is to cause laboratory induced genetics supposedly to cause viruses or bacteria to grow more lethal. As viral researchers they knew that the slightest slip could release a killer virus upon the world and the USA and most of Europe were signatories of the Geneva Convention outlawing the experimentation that could lead to biological warfare technologies. Fauci ignored this executive order and simply moved it to the Wuhan Virus laboratory that had already had several black marks for escapes of viruses into the general population of Wuhan. This didn't cause much of a problem for China since the Chinese have very good resistance to most viruses. But that this occurred was proof that we should not be funding GOF or any other form of research in Wuhan. But Fauci gave China $35 Million American to pursue this research in contradiction of the direct executive order of the President and our law as voted on when we accepted the Geneva Convention.

This is the man that President Joe Biden has made his chief medical advisor on covid-19. As for the claim that this really came from a bat in the "wet market": That sort of corona virus is specific to a certain species of bat found only several hundreds of miles north of Wuhan. That this virus escaped from the Wuhan Virus Laboratory is indisputable especially since it required genetic modifications that do not naturally occur.

People like Slocomb and his Australian plagiarist pal will say absolutely anything because they are total morons. But if EVEN NEWSWEEK has articles on it, why would they deny that this was entirely the work of the man that Biden has now put in charge of the covid-19 program? Biden has also killed about 10,000 jobs on the keystone pipelind running Canadian and Alaskan Oil to the Gulf coast. I guess Biden's New Green Deal is to burn millions of gallons of gasoline trucking it there rather than hundreds of gallons a year pumping it.

John B.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:56:51 PM1/25/21
Yup, funded research. Oh How Terrible!

Now then Tommy, tell us about the U.S. research into "germ warfare"
which certainly dates to at least, the early 1940's - for Tommy, lets
see... 1, 2, 3... that is 80 years ago

And today a "lab about 50 miles from Washington, D.C. works with
tularemia, which spreads more easily than anthrax". In fact the U.S.
is the World Leader of Bio-Weapons Research, Production, and Use
Against Mankind

Want to talk more about "germ warfare?"
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Jan 25, 2021, 8:32:12 PM1/25/21
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:39:03 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
You really need to change your news sources.

I don't suppose you could ever earn to use a search engine and enter
'video trump saying the virus will go away'

Like
https://html.duckduckgo.com/html?
q=video%20trump%20saying%20the%20virus%20will%20go%20away

News 2021

Jan 25, 2021, 8:33:27 PM1/25/21
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:08:13 -0600, AMuzi scribed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/40-times-trump-said-the-
coronavirus-would-go-away/2020/04/30/d2593312-9593-4ec2-
aff7-72c1438fca0e_video.html

sms

Jan 25, 2021, 8:48:17 PM1/25/21
On 1/25/2021 11:55 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
> sms wrote:
>
>> I didn't have my supporters march on City Hall, and break in, when I
>> lost.
>
> You're so honorable it's old-fashioned! Don't you know that the other
> candidates were close to synthesizing false-flag Scharfie supporters (on
> bikes) to incite a brake-in? The plan *only* failed because the "bikes" at
> Wal-Mart were sold out!!!

LOL, I was aware of this. I notified the sheriff who took care of it.

Actually, when I was mayor I had the City add security to City Hall to
prevent intruders from accessing offices of the Council Members and City
Manager because we had had some instances of individuals causing trouble.

We had one candidate running in the last election that had been arrested
and incarcerated multiple times. She spent a fortune on bizarre yard
signs that she placed all over, without permission, and that property
owners and the various cities she place them in removed. She didn't even
mention what she was running for.

She came in last but she still got more than 2000 votes. She was also a
Trump supporter, which is very rare in this area, not even many
Republicans in Silicon Valley voted for Trump.

Tosspot

Jan 26, 2021, 2:00:08 AM1/26/21
I heard that COVID was a "first strike" by Trump at China, he thought it
would cause massive economic damage, but like gas in WWI didn't think
about it blowing the wrong way, then the anti-serum proved not to be
effective.

John B.

Jan 26, 2021, 2:54:25 AM1/26/21
I don't know, He certainly was either irrational or didn't look at the
cards before he played them.

He slaps increased duties on U.S. imports from Chinese and (who could
think it) the Chinese did the same thing with imports from the U.S.
and the Soi Bean farmers and pig ranchers went broke :-(
Then the U.S. backed down and (again strangely) the Chinese did too.

Somebody once said that "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat
it" and this game with import duties has been played before, in fact a
contributing factor for the "Great Depression", from 1929 - 1939, was
the "United States Tariff Act of 1930", aka the Smoot-Hawley bill,
which raised tariffs on foreign products by about 20%.

Unfortunately when the President shoots himself in the foot the whole
nation feels the pain.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 12:05:08 PM1/26/21
There has been no covid-19 specific deaths since last May. That you are unaware of this demonstrates that you cannot understand the CDC information that I have published here many times. Covid-19 HAS gone way and the latest "spike" is influenza that no one would wear a mask for or give up their Connotational rights for so that has to be hidden. Besides no money is handed out to medical facilities for reporting flu deaths. Is there some reason that you are proud of your own ignorance?

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 12:11:06 PM1/26/21
So you decided that your own safety was superior to the public's right to access of elected and appointed members of city staff. Not in the least surprising that you no longer work for the people.

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 12:13:55 PM1/26/21
What about those like you that lie about history? https://www.agriculture.com/news/business/why-farmers-still-support-trump

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 12:15:36 PM1/26/21
When even Newsweek know the source and the cause of covid-19, why don't you? https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741

Roger Merriman

Jan 26, 2021, 4:17:37 PM1/26/21
Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3:22:36 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Lou Holtman <lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Argggg... please Tom you wearing us out with your election fraud crap.
>>> Get over it and move on. You must have better/more constructive things to do.
>>>
>>> Lou
>>>
>> What about bikes? Anyone bought new ones or new or old tech?
>>
>> I’m personally waiting for my Gravel bike to come back from the shop as
>> it’s having a new group set fitted nothing that posh, but moving to
>> Hydraulic over cable disks.
>>
>> As I was killing the brakes, and they where still a touch underwhelming
>> once off road.
>
> I'm on the verge of buying another steel bike and putting the money I
> earn off of selling my two Trek superbikes into a fund to install a new
> concrete driveway, I really am getting tired of riding down very rapid
> descents and worrying about if I'm going to get a major failure, Someone
> that is 15 kg lighter than me wouldn't have to worry about anything

Do you mean brake failure or simply underpowered? I’ve had both, my CX
canti where terrifying weak, and had a hire MTB with cable disks fail, so I
had to park it into a bush!

Roger Merriman

jbeattie

Jan 26, 2021, 4:29:08 PM1/26/21
He's talking about frame failure -- or fork failure. He's somehow broken a bunch of CF forks and seriously injured his brain.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 4:31:13 PM1/26/21
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about the possibility of frame failures and not the inadequacies of braking on carbon fiber rims. On road bikes, since roads are constructed for automobiles they are almost always wide enough and you have enough forewarning to brake far enough before hand to not have a really dangerous braking experience.

I will admit that on my local loop, at one point you are forced to descend at 35 mph to keep cars from attempting to pass you where the road jogs in a difficult S-bend that has 15% lower section at a stop sign. I try to handle this area with 5 way traffic in such a manner that I can roll through the stop sign and roll up to the following freeway exit stoplight which is flat but with left turning traffic on a light and you have to immediately move into the left middle lane to turn left and climb an 8% hill for 100 yards before turning down a broken up side street that has had a broken water main on there for 6 months. Don'tcha just love California? What's more we're expecting a property value crash under Biden.

sms

Jan 26, 2021, 4:33:11 PM1/26/21
On 1/25/2021 5:32 PM, News 2021 wrote:

<snip>

> You really need to change your news sources.

This video helps you understand what happened to Tom
<https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashing-My-Dad-Matthew-Modine/dp/B01C6AFDM6>.

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 4:36:15 PM1/26/21
Jay, we don't need any jokes about it, this could happen to you and what would you think of me treating that as if it were no big deal? The hippocampus was damaged which makes it difficult for me to control emotions. What do you suppose that would do to you in a courtroom situation?

AMuzi

Jan 26, 2021, 4:50:22 PM1/26/21
On 1/26/2021 3:36 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 1:29:08 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:

>>> Do you mean brake failure or simply underpowered? I’ve had both, my CX
>>> canti where terrifying weak, and had a hire MTB with cable disks fail, so I
>>> had to park it into a bush!
>> He's talking about frame failure -- or fork failure. He's somehow broken a bunch of CF forks and seriously injured his brain.
>>
>> -- Jay Beattie.
> Jay, we don't need any jokes about it, this could happen to you and what would you think of me treating that as if it were no big deal? The hippocampus was damaged which makes it difficult for me to control emotions. What do you suppose that would do to you in a courtroom situation?

More common than one would think.

My very sharp very skilled attorney (US National Cycling
Team) suffered a 'minor' brain injury and took early
retirement as he just couldn't do the work any longer.

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2021, 4:53:12 PM1/26/21
And you are so mentally divided you actually believe that sort of garbage. I lived with minorities my whole life, I live in a neighborhood that is almost entirely minorities, I always have. Both of my brothers are married to minorities, I have a number of minority cousins including one that is mentally challenged. I was raised a Catholic but my mother had to convert from Judaism to marry my father. I am an entirely self made man and a VFW. Why don't you tell us what you have ever done in your life besides sucking off your parents, your siblings and your desire to hate anyone and everyone that isn't just like you which is why you couldn't get re-elected on a bet. The stench of people like you is seeping through this civilization and they have your number. We're not going to do anything to you. But we are never going to help you. What's it feel like to be a capital loser?

John B.

Jan 26, 2021, 6:19:28 PM1/26/21
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:13:53 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
Goodness Tommy, you quote a study which seems to be 2 years old, or
maybe older, as current news. And your article says that farmers in
three states lost at least 20% of their income due to the sanctions
imposed by China on their products but that the U.S. government made
it up to them by handing them money.

But,if this is a solution, as you seem to suggest, why bother with
export trade at all. Just sit at home by the fire and have the
government hand you money. Subsidies as a way of life!
--
Cheers,

John B.

jbeattie

Jan 26, 2021, 7:24:35 PM1/26/21
Not being able to think is a real impediment to practicing law. I went through that after a head injury and also with an orthopedic injury while on opioids. You just find things to do until your brain quits freewheeling. Mine did, but I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't. I guess that's why I have an LTD policy.

-- Jay Beattie.

News 2021

Jan 26, 2021, 8:31:51 PM1/26/21
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:05:06 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> There has been no covid-19 specific deaths since last May.

Did you break your carbon forks again?

News 2021

Jan 26, 2021, 8:38:47 PM1/26/21
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 13:53:10 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 1:33:11 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
>> On 1/25/2021 5:32 PM, News 2021 wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> > You really need to change your news sources.
>> This video helps you understand what happened to Tom
>> <https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashing-My-Dad-Matthew-Modine/dp/
B01C6AFDM6>.
> And you are so mentally divided you actually believe that sort of
> garbage. I lived with minorities my whole life, I live in a neighborhood
> that is almost entirely minorities, I always have. Both of my brothers
> are married to minorities, I have a number of minority cousins including
> one that is mentally challenged. I was raised a Catholic but my mother
> had to convert from Judaism to marry my father. I am an entirely self
> made man and a VFW. Why don't you tell us what you have ever done in
> your life besides sucking off your parents, your siblings

Err, little tommy, that describes you exactly.
Are you going for the prize of being the biggest 'name dropper'?

Hint, every one is part of a minority.

sms

Jan 27, 2021, 10:42:32 AM1/27/21
I watched much of the video "The Brainwashing of My Dad"
<https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashing-My-Dad-Matthew-Modine/dp/B01C6AFDM6> because
I do have one relative who fell into this whole right-wing
disinformation thing.

While some people point to Tom's lack of education and hence his lack of
any critical thinking skills as a reason he fell into this, it's
important to point out that there are well-educated people that fell
into it as well. They start watching Fox News, and descend to Newsmax
and OAN, and getting them out from that abyss, and deprogramming them,
is not an easy task. The movie does offer some hope, some of the people
profiled were able to recover.

Tom Kunich

Jan 27, 2021, 12:51:53 PM1/27/21
Your comments have long since passed the point of comedic. Tell me what name I dropped you ignorant moron?

Tom Kunich

Jan 27, 2021, 12:56:42 PM1/27/21
It sure seems painful for you that no one likes you. As mayor you plainly caused everyone in town to hate your guts and no one will ever support you again. It doesn't take any education to spot that. For someone without an education that didn't seem to trouble Laurence Livermore Laboratories, Laurence Berkeley Laboratories or NASA. I guess that you and your kind believe that a large bill for tuition makes you a lot more qualified than actual knowledge. You plainly show why you weren't re-elected. Stupid is as stupid does.

News 2021

Jan 27, 2021, 6:11:56 PM1/27/21
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 07:42:28 -0800, sms scribed:
The lack of critical thinking is the important point. It starts with not
thinking and IME(in my experience) it isn't linked that strongly to
formal education.

> and getting them out from that abyss, and deprogramming them,
> is not an easy task. The movie does offer some hope, some of the people
> profiled were able to recover.

IME, 'addicts' have to want to recover/kick it then assisting is
worthwhile.

News 2021

Jan 27, 2021, 6:15:20 PM1/27/21
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 09:56:39 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
No body likes me
Everybody hates me
I think I'll go and eat worms
blah blah blah(look up the lyics)
That's how i get big and strong on worms three times a day.

John B.

Jan 27, 2021, 6:26:11 PM1/27/21

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 27, 2021, 10:11:38 PM1/27/21
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:15:17 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
<new...@woa.com.au> wrote:

>No body likes me
>Everybody hates me
>I think I'll go and eat worms
>blah blah blah(look up the lyics)
>That's how i get big and strong on worms three times a day.

Nice kids song. That reminds me of what I'm missing in my current
self-isolation diet. Mealworms, chocolate covered ants, and roast
crickets:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomophagy>
<https://www.google.com/search?q=Entomophagy&tbm=isch>
I like them, but most westerners can't bear to look at them, much less
eat them. I'm having problems getting delivery on these since the
pandemic started:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=mealworms&tbm=isch>
<https://www.google.com/search?q=chocolate+covered+ants&tbm=isch>
<https://www.google.com/search?q=roast+crickets&tbm=isch>
I wouldn't want to eat worms three times a day. Once is sufficient.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Tom Kunich

Jan 28, 2021, 2:53:20 PM1/28/21
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:11:38 PM UTC-8, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:15:17 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
> <new...@woa.com.au> wrote:
> >No body likes me
> >Everybody hates me
> >I think I'll go and eat worms
> >blah blah blah(look up the lyics)
> >That's how i get big and strong on worms three times a day.
> Nice kids song. That reminds me of what I'm missing in my current
> self-isolation diet. Mealworms, chocolate covered ants, and roast
> crickets:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomophagy>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=Entomophagy&tbm=isch>
> I like them, but most westerners can't bear to look at them, much less
> eat them. I'm having problems getting delivery on these since the
> pandemic started:
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=mealworms&tbm=isch>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=chocolate+covered+ants&tbm=isch>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=roast+crickets&tbm=isch>
> I wouldn't want to eat worms three times a day. Once is sufficient.

On the news this morning we were told that you and the entire town was washed away or drowned in mudslides with boulders the side of a car washing down the street. This is the world you seem to find very appealing.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 28, 2021, 5:54:26 PM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:53:17 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the news this morning we were told that you and the entire town
> was washed away or drowned in mudslides with boulders the side of
> a car washing down the street.

No link to the source? I would call that plagiarism.

What actually happened was a piece of Boulder Creek Drive got washed
away:
<https://www.facebook.com/BoulderCreekFireDepartment/videos/1088883534571509>
The word "Drive" seems to have disappeared and morphed into the town
of Boulder Creek washing away. Congratulations for having expanded
that to the "entire town".

Webcam and graphs of the San Lorenzo River at the entrance to Henry
Cowell State Park:
<https://ca.water.usgs.gov/webcams/bigtrees/>
16ft gauge height is considered flooding. At 9.0ft, we have a long
way to go. Far more data than you probably want:
<http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/slv-wx-fire/SLV%20Weather%20Links.htm>
(Yes, I know it needs work).

My apologies for ignoring your recent rants in R.B.T. I took the
opportunity presented by the ongoing "atmospheric river" and the
evacuation of some distracting customers to work on my collection of
chain saws, generators, leaf blowers, and string trimmers. I'm about
halfway done and should be back shortly to provide you with something
to complain about. Also, after a judiciously applied regimen of 2
gallons of wet patch, for the first time in 45 years, my roof doesn't
leak. I believe that the resident ghosts have finally been appeased.

> This is the world you seem to find very appealing.

It's the only world we've got. If you fail to appreciate this world,
I can introduce you to an inventor who wants to resurrect the WWII
Hochdruckpumpe for launching orbital payloads. I believe you will
make a perfect candidate for the first astronut:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-3_cannon>

Gone to the hardware store for the 2nd time today.

Tom Kunich

Jan 28, 2021, 6:06:14 PM1/28/21
Jeff, you have good enough English to actually know what plagiarize means. If you don't, you should look it up. I repeated what they had on the news this morning. They were also telling us that the entire Santa Cruz mountains area was in danger of extreme flooding from 3" of rain. What do you suppose they thought about the 9" of a couple of years ago?

John B.

Jan 28, 2021, 6:12:06 PM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:54:19 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:
Didn't a Canadian Chap,Gerald Bull, develop a giant cannon for
launching super sonic projectiles as a cheap way of researching
supersonic flight?

>Gone to the hardware store for the 2nd time today.
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Jan 28, 2021, 6:57:21 PM1/28/21
Thought that you lived in Ben Lomond, not Boulder Creek.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 28, 2021, 7:11:39 PM1/28/21
On 1/28/2021 5:54 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:53:17 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On the news this morning we were told that you and the entire town
>> was washed away or drowned in mudslides with boulders the side of
>> a car washing down the street.
>
> No link to the source? I would call that plagiarism.
>
> What actually happened was a piece of Boulder Creek Drive got washed
> away:
> <https://www.facebook.com/BoulderCreekFireDepartment/videos/1088883534571509>
> The word "Drive" seems to have disappeared and morphed into the town
> of Boulder Creek washing away. Congratulations for having expanded
> that to the "entire town".

On one of our long tours, we used the Allegheny Highlands Trail to get
into Pittsburgh. At one spot it had been washed out about like that
roadway, with half the trail vanished below. Of course, the trail was
closed with barriers. We went around the barriers and got past the
washout just fine.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 28, 2021, 7:16:04 PM1/28/21
I don't know about that, but I'm sure a gun capable of reaching orbit
(or the moon, a la Jules Verne) would impose enormous accelerations on
the payload. I imagine any astronaut would be turned to soup.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Roger Merriman

Jan 28, 2021, 7:28:08 PM1/28/21
US maybe! Plenty of uk roads where never made for cars. The only ones being
motorways and some dual carriageways. So being under brakes is at least a
possibility particularly if wet etc, the canti could be thus!

> I will admit that on my local loop, at one point you are forced to
> descend at 35 mph to keep cars from attempting to pass you where the road
> jogs in a difficult S-bend that has 15% lower section at a stop sign. I
> try to handle this area with 5 way traffic in such a manner that I can
> roll through the stop sign and roll up to the following freeway exit
> stoplight which is flat but with left turning traffic on a light and you
> have to immediately move into the left middle lane to turn left and climb
> an 8% hill for 100 yards before turning down a broken up side street that
> has had a broken water main on there for 6 months. Don'tcha just love
> California? What's more we're expecting a property value crash under Biden.

Can’t say I’ve ever had either frame or fork failure, I know it can happen.
Clearly Carbon Fibre can fail somewhat dramatically, rather than denting
etc.

Roger Merriman

Roger Merriman

Jan 28, 2021, 7:28:09 PM1/28/21
Brain injury is apparently one of the leading forms of acquired
disabilities, In my experience it’s very underreported.

Roger Merriman

John B.

Jan 28, 2021, 7:45:54 PM1/28/21
After I wrote the above (from memory) I looked up "Gerald Bull" and
there is a considerable article about his works.
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Gerald+Bull&ia=web
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon
He completed and tested a "cannon" of 350 mm (13.8 inches) bore, and a
barrel length of 46 metres (151 feet),that was expected to achieve a
range of 750 km.
At the time of his assassination he was working on a second "cannon"
with barrel 156 metres (512 feet) long, with a bore of 1 metre (3.3
feet). It was a space gun intended to shoot projectiles into orbit.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 28, 2021, 7:52:34 PM1/28/21
Perhaps so. But let's remember that only a tiny percentage of brain
injuries (TBI) are attributable to bicycling. In other words, bicycling
is unjustly demonized, because many people think it's an unusual source
of TBI.

Using fatalities as an example (because they are most carefully
documented), the U.S. typically has over 50,000 TBI fatalities per year.
Fewer than 500 are bicyclists.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:04:54 PM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:16:00 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Please ignore - test message
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:19:11 PM1/28/21

>>> More common than one would think.
>>>
>>> My very sharp very skilled attorney (US National Cycling
>>> Team) suffered a 'minor' brain injury and took early
>>> retirement as he just couldn't do the work any longer.
>>>
>> Brain injury is apparently one of the leading forms of acquired
>> disabilities, In my experience it’s very underreported.
>
>Perhaps so. But let's remember that only a tiny percentage of brain
>injuries (TBI) are attributable to bicycling. In other words, bicycling
>is unjustly demonized, because many people think it's an unusual source
>of TBI.
>
>Using fatalities as an example (because they are most carefully
>documented), the U.S. typically has over 50,000 TBI fatalities per year.
>Fewer than 500 are bicyclists.

I think the argument is made as (again I believe) that in the majority
of bicycle deaths damage to the head is the main cause.
Thus, wear a helmet and you will be safe!

Which completely ignores the facts that a very large number of bike
crashes are the direct result of some unsafe practice by the cyclist.
In one year long study it was more then half the accidents were
attributed to an unsafe act by the cyclist.

But I suppose that trumpeting the advice to "RIDE SAFELY!" doesn't
sell as many bits and pieces as "WEAR A HELMET AND YOU'LL BE SAFE!"
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 28, 2021, 8:23:46 PM1/28/21
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 06:11:58 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Yep:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull>
Gerald Bull was assassinated for his efforts on behalf of Saddam
Hussein. Building a satellite launching system is politically
tolerate. Building a weapons system is not a good idea. Getting
everyone, including Saddam, seriously angry was a truly amazing
accomplishment.

The bore of his large cannon was 1 meter (3.3ft) and would probably
fit Tom, sans bicycle, rather nicely.

AMuzi

Jan 28, 2021, 8:41:52 PM1/28/21
Don't feel alone. This is the bike path my daughter no
longer rides in Chicago. Last winter flooding erosion:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15116062/2019/11/shoreline-erosion.jpg?w=1280

This year ice chunks:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/22260563/WEATHER_012721_8.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

John B.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:43:54 PM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 17:23:38 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
It might be noted that after having "leaked" a total lie to the
newspapers, which was printed as fact, he was "admonished" and
apparently as a result resigned his position. He was described as "...
his tempestuous nature and strong dislike for administration and red
tape constantly led him into trouble with senior management."
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

Jan 28, 2021, 8:46:36 PM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:57:18 -0800, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

>Thought that you lived in Ben Lomond, not Boulder Creek.

I do live in Ben Lomond. See my .signature. However, to flatlanders
and news manglers, all mountains, trees, and towns look the same.

For those still concerned for my safety, I assure you that reports of
my premature demise have been greatly exaggerated. I am very much
alive and well. My house is still in its original location and has
not surfed down the hill in a water powered debris flow. All the
utilities are intact and functioning normally. There were quite a few
trees and big branches that fell during the initial wind storm. I had
3 or 4 smaller trees (mostly tan oak) fall on the back deck and roof.
I cleared all but one tree, which will need to wait until after the
rains stop. Unfortunately, my 2001 Subaru Forester took a hit from a
large branch, which bashed in the top of the front left fender. I
have a genuine Harbor Fright body and fender kit:
<https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/auto-body-trim/auto-body/body-and-fender-set-7-pc-63259.html>
which should be sufficient to convince the authorities that my Subaru
is not an abandoned vehicle.

Unfortunately, some of my neighbors didn't do so well. One Jeep was
flattened by a Douglas Fir tree, which also did some damage to two
houses. Another fir tree flattened a Toyota, scraped a fair number of
stairs from the side of a cliff, and blocked the road for a few days.
One of the houses currently (pun intended) lacks power because of
safety concerns. Photos of the alleged carnage when I have time to
Photoshop them.

AMuzi

Jan 28, 2021, 8:49:26 PM1/28/21

sms

Jan 28, 2021, 9:05:50 PM1/28/21
On 1/28/2021 5:46 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

<snip>

> Unfortunately, some of my neighbors didn't do so well. One Jeep was
> flattened by a Douglas Fir tree, which also did some damage to two
> houses. Another fir tree flattened a Toyota, scraped a fair number of
> stairs from the side of a cliff, and blocked the road for a few days.
> One of the houses currently (pun intended) lacks power because of
> safety concerns. Photos of the alleged carnage when I have time to
> Photoshop them.

I'm just concerned about the space lasers that PG&E has been using to
start fires
<https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Conspiracy-friendly-GOP-lawmaker-falsely-15906172.php>.

Just when you thing that the bat-sh^t crazy Trump backers can't get any
crazier, you find out that you're wrong!

AMuzi

Jan 28, 2021, 9:06:51 PM1/28/21

>>> Jay, we don't need any jokes about it, this could happen to you and what
>>> would you think of me treating that as if it were no big deal? The
>>> hippocampus was damaged which makes it difficult for me to control
>>> emotions. What do you suppose that would do to you in a courtroom situation?
>>>

>> More common than one would think.
>>
>> My very sharp very skilled attorney (US National Cycling
>> Team) suffered a 'minor' brain injury and took early
>> retirement as he just couldn't do the work any longer.
>>
> Brain injury is apparently one of the leading forms of acquired
> disabilities, In my experience it’s very underreported.
>
> Roger Merriman

That gentleman, and two others of my acquaintance, were
disabled by anaesthesia-induced strokes during elective
surgery. No idea how common that is but scary to consider.
It is loading more messages.