Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Rusty Wood

46 views
Skip to first unread message

Will Dockery

unread,
Jul 2, 2020, 6:25:31 PM7/2/20
to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3X3kC6nr4&t=7s
>
> Shark Pact Manifesto written by Will Dockery (words) & Rusty Wood (music)
>
> Shark Pact Manifesto
> >
> > The law of the undertow
> > it ends at the waterline.
> > In the Summerville night
> > not all of us can win.
> >
> > There we are
> > where we never really were
> > Here we are
> > sidestepping the future.
> > Smile at me
> > while you stab me in the back.
> > Smile at me
> > make the moment last.
> >
> > Standing near Ferry Landing
> > wind stinging my eyes.
> > Centuries reflect on the river
> > as you smile from the sky.
> > Shark Pact manifesto
> > no one makes a sound.
> > Silent waiting for the Tie Snake
> > to drag us Underground
> >
> > I saw the river darken
> > so green it turns to black
> > With the sun fading away
> > edge of Alabama on my back.
> >
> > Here we are
> > at the only place you'd allow
> > There you go
> > forcing my hand on
> > this burning bridge now.
> >
> > There we are
> > where we never really were
> > Here we go
> > sidestepping the future.
> > Smile at me
> > from out of the past
> > Smile at me
> > make it last.
> >
> > -Will Dockery
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3X3kC6nr4&t=7s
>
> Shark Pact Manifesto written by Will Dockery (words) & Rusty Wood (music)

Sherwood

unread,
Jul 6, 2020, 8:24:04 PM7/6/20
to
How is ole Rusty these days, miss his TV work....


Zod

unread,
Jul 21, 2020, 8:30:04 PM7/21/20
to
Having another tread, quite good...

Rocky

unread,
Jul 22, 2020, 5:20:05 PM7/22/20
to
Great title....

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 26, 2020, 4:26:03 PM7/26/20
to
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 3:54:34 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Dockery, it is absolutely amazing...seriously mind-blowing...that

That you've been utterly obsessed with me for nearly twenty years?

For once we can agree on something.

;)


W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 26, 2020, 5:08:03 PM7/26/20
to
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 4:27:57 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> Why do you claim

Dink's been obsessively trolling me for nearly twenty years, that is an archived fact.

;)

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 26, 2020, 5:30:03 PM7/26/20
to
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:13:20 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:08:03 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > > > > Dockery, it is absolutely amazing...seriously mind-blowing...that
> > > >
> > > > That you've been utterly obsessed with me for nearly twenty years?
> > > >
> > > > For once we can agree on something.
> > >
> > > Why do you claim
> >
> > Dink's been obsessively trolling me for nearly twenty years, that is an archived fact.
> >
>
> Why do you need to pretend that men are obsessing over you, Will?

It looks like a genuine obsession to me... nearly twenty years of it.

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 28, 2020, 5:32:03 PM7/28/20
to
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 5:28:11 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:04:04 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 3:46:30 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> > > On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 3:34:03 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > > > Peter J Ross wrote:
>
= > > > >>> >> >> No, PJR identified you as a troll spewing nonsense,
> > > > >>> >> >> Pendragon.
> > >
> > > > >>> >> It remains a fact that you're a troll who sometimes spews
> > > > >>> >> nonsense, Creepster.
> > > > >>> >
> > > > >>> > I like to think of myself as a provocateur.
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>> That's nice for you. (It's about the equivalent of "I like to think
> > > > >>> of myself as somebody who pisses on my neighbours' cabbages."
> > > > >>
> > > > >> What? Doesn't everyone?
> > > >
> > > > > No. Most of us can work out where the indoor lavatory is when visiting
> > > > > our neighbours.
> > > >
> > > > >>> >> It also remains a fact that the only difference in merit between
> > > > >>> >> Dreckery's "poems" and yours is that his have better titles.
> > > > >>> >
> > > > >>> > That and fact that mine are in English.
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>> Your "poems" make no more syntactical sense as English than his do.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Rather than tossing vague generalizations at me, why don't you read
> > > > >> my poem in the current Sunday Sampler issue, and point out specific
> > > > >> examples?
> > > >
> > > > > Why should I torture myself? I already know how crappy your "poetry"
> > > > > is. (FYI, it's approximately as crappy as little willie douchebag's.)
> > > >
> > > > >>> >> A third fact is that Dreckery is a much safer target for your
> > > > >>> >> trolling than I am, eh?
> > > > >>> >
> > > > >>> > Safer, yes. But you make for much better sport.
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>> Are you resorting to the notorious "Jus' trolling, guv" defence?
> > > > >>
> > > > >> I'm saying that it's more fun to set you dancing, because you're not
> > > > >> quite so brain-dead as Will.
> > > >
> > > > > Oh, are you trolling me? It seemed to me that it was the other way
> > > > > round, but of course I'm not as narcissistic as you.
> > > >
> > > > > Btw, why are your "poem" titles inferior to Dreckery's?
> > > >
> > >
> > > ——————
> > > Because he's a stale second-hander with a narrow minded lack of creative thought, is my guess.
> > >
> > > The same can be said about you will.
> >
> ———.
> > Anything can be said but that will not make it true.
> ———.
>
> Exactly, will. So glad you finally admit to that fact.

Posting proof, like I do, helps.

;)

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 28, 2020, 6:24:04 PM7/28/20
to
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:04:23 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> > >> Posting proof, like I do, helps.
>
> I’m not the one making the claim.

Sure, you did:

"The same can be said about you will..."

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 29, 2020, 5:36:04 PM7/29/20
to
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 11:17:39 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 10:11:29 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Because you're nothing but a malicious troll, am I right?
>
> No You are completely wrong

Of course you're a troll.

If not, prove me wrong and start posting some serious poetry here.

:)

W.Dockery

unread,
Jul 29, 2020, 6:26:03 PM7/29/20
to
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:18:44 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> YOU FIRST!!

Okay, here's about 100 of my poems:

https://www.amazon.com/Selected-Poems-1976-2019-Will-Dockery/dp/0994860013

Selected Poems 1976-2019
by Will Dockery

Zod

unread,
Jul 29, 2020, 8:18:04 PM7/29/20
to
Again, a stone cold classic, great title as well....


Zod

unread,
Aug 8, 2020, 8:28:03 PM8/8/20
to
Great rocker...

W.Dockery

unread,
Aug 10, 2020, 7:12:03 PM8/10/20
to
On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:43:11 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 11:36:25 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > You're a sleazy no-talent troll, Dink.
>
> And you're

Your biggest obsession, why deny it, Dink?

;)

W.Dockery

unread,
Aug 18, 2020, 11:34:04 AM8/18/20
to
I saw Rusty last week at grocery store.

He seems to be doing well.

W.Dockery

unread,
Aug 20, 2020, 7:00:05 PM8/20/20
to
Thanks again, Zod.

Zod

unread,
Aug 20, 2020, 9:20:03 PM8/20/20
to
I would not hold my breath, Doc...

W.Dockery

unread,
Aug 23, 2020, 7:12:04 PM8/23/20
to
On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 7:00:30 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 6:24:49 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 1:41:42 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> > >
> > > When you snip off the quote you're responding to, no one has any idea what "observation" you're talking about
> >
> > That's when you scroll back and refresh your memory.
> >
> > ;)
>
> Usenet etiquette

<rant snipped>

Says the malicious troll.

:)

W.Dockery

unread,
Aug 23, 2020, 7:54:04 PM8/23/20
to
On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 7:19:29 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> You do seem to lack any knowledge or common sense when it comes to online etiquette

<snip>

Writes the sleazy, maliciously obsessed troll.

;)

Zod

unread,
Aug 24, 2020, 10:00:05 PM8/24/20
to
Right on...

Zod

unread,
Aug 25, 2020, 9:38:04 PM8/25/20
to
Amazing...

Zod

unread,
Aug 25, 2020, 9:52:04 PM8/25/20
to
Dink is a lifer troll...

Zod

unread,
Sep 20, 2020, 9:40:05 PM9/20/20
to
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:11:22 PM UTC-4, madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 10:57:01 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Don't worry, Pendragon.
> >
> > The next lie you post about me, my family or friends, I'll point it out to you, correct it, and ask once again:
> >
> > Why do you lie so much, Michael Pendragon?
> >
> > :)
>
> The next xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quiet down, troll.........

Zod

unread,
Sep 30, 2020, 9:58:03 PM9/30/20
to
That is great...........

W.Dockery

unread,
Oct 1, 2020, 3:24:05 PM10/1/20
to
Amazingly, Dink has quieted down.

:)

Zod

unread,
Nov 2, 2020, 9:24:04 PM11/2/20
to
Not for long............

Zod

unread,
Nov 5, 2020, 9:24:04 PM11/5/20
to
Having another listen, still excellent.....

Zod

unread,
Nov 9, 2020, 9:24:04 PM11/9/20
to
Brillant rocker....

Zod

unread,
Nov 13, 2020, 5:16:04 PM11/13/20
to
Good read and listen..........

Zod

unread,
Nov 18, 2020, 7:16:04 PM11/18/20
to
Ha ha ha....

Zod

unread,
Nov 30, 2020, 10:32:04 PM11/30/20
to
An all time great....

Zod

unread,
Dec 1, 2020, 8:52:05 PM12/1/20
to
More great poetry, bumped to the top for Retro Guy...

W.Dockery

unread,
Dec 17, 2020, 9:28:05 PM12/17/20
to
> How is ole Rusty these days, miss his TV work....

I don't know, have not heard from Rusty Wood in months.

Hope he is doing good.

Zod

unread,
Dec 19, 2020, 10:36:04 PM12/19/20
to
Yes...

Zod

unread,
Jan 30, 2021, 11:02:04 PM1/30/21
to
One of your best Doc...

W.Dockery

unread,
Feb 1, 2021, 6:00:10 PM2/1/21
to
Another uncollected poem to be included in the Shadowville Mythos collection.

:)

Zod

unread,
Mar 5, 2021, 10:20:05 PM3/5/21
to
Sherwood wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

Z CCG
I heard Rusty is under the weather...

General-Zod

unread,
Apr 27, 2021, 8:24:04 PM4/27/21
to
K, cool...

W-Dockery

unread,
Dec 25, 2021, 6:15:17 AM12/25/21
to
Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

🙂

General-Zod

unread,
Dec 30, 2021, 6:40:07 PM12/30/21
to
A fine fusion of rock and roll with poetry....!

W-Dockery

unread,
Dec 31, 2021, 1:45:07 AM12/31/21
to
Thanks again for listening and commenting.

W-Dockery

unread,
Jan 2, 2022, 8:20:07 PM1/2/22
to
Another example of my singing and songwriting, at the request of Jim Senetto.

🙂

General-Zod

unread,
Jan 3, 2022, 7:10:08 PM1/3/22
to
Sleepy Jim is like Pinhead, got his head up Pat Boone's arse... ha ha.

W.Dockery

unread,
Jan 6, 2022, 3:35:07 AM1/6/22
to
I think Jordy has a point, perhaps you should retire the "Sleepy" nickname, as a show of respect to President Biden, Zod.

Zod

unread,
Jan 9, 2022, 5:15:08 PM1/9/22
to
Having another listen to one of yer best....

W-Dockery

unread,
Jan 11, 2022, 8:50:07 PM1/11/22
to
Thanks again.

W-Dockery

unread,
Jan 16, 2022, 12:00:08 AM1/16/22
to
Again, thanks for listening and commenting.

W.Dockery

unread,
Feb 1, 2022, 2:40:09 AM2/1/22
to
Thanks again for the feedback.

General-Zod

unread,
Feb 3, 2022, 12:50:07 PM2/3/22
to
One of the greatest from you and RUSTY.....

General-Zod

unread,
Feb 8, 2022, 7:00:09 PM2/8/22
to
Testing to see if I can cross-post this from rec.arts.poems....!

From NOVA BBS....

W.Dockery

unread,
Feb 9, 2022, 7:30:11 PM2/9/22
to
It does, crosspost, but apparently Nova doesn't accept crosspost codes from other news servers, such as Thunderbird, which George Dance is using.

W.Dockery

unread,
Feb 10, 2022, 3:00:09 PM2/10/22
to
Give me a call, more sad news, not appropriate for the newsgroup.

Zod

unread,
Feb 10, 2022, 5:15:09 PM2/10/22
to
Will do.....