so I've registered with eternal september - now what

D.D.Degg

Feb 19, 2024, 5:58:32 PMFeb 19
i don't see a way to find groups.
what are my next steps?

Mark Jackson

Feb 19, 2024, 6:13:05 PMFeb 19
On 2/19/2024 5:58 PM, D.D.Degg wrote:
> i don't see a way to find groups.
> what are my next steps?

I don't think there's a web interface, so you need to run a client such
as Thunderbird. Client settings are here:

https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=techinfo

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
I have tried to bring scientific thinking to literary

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Feb 19, 2024, 6:36:48 PMFeb 19
In article <5675e84e-3557-4c40...@googlegroups.com>,
D.D.Degg <ddde...@comcast.net> wrote:
>i don't see a way to find groups.
>what are my next steps?

Look in
news.announce.newgroups or news.groups

for messages with the subject "List of Big Eight Newsgroups"

and that should list all the major newsgroups.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Timothy Chow

Feb 22, 2024, 8:31:14 AMFeb 22
On 2/19/2024 6:13 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 2/19/2024 5:58 PM, D.D.Degg wrote:
>> i don't see a way to find groups.
>> what are my next steps?
>
> I don't think there's a web interface, so you need to run a client such
> as Thunderbird.  Client settings are here:
>
> https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=techinfo

Right, you need a separate newsreader. I remember having some trouble
getting Thunderbird to work, but it works for me now. Unfortunately,
I don't remember where I read the instructions that solved my issues,
but this post may help you:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.usage.english/c/NgImZXOS8oM

---
Tim Chow