Xojo alpha expired!

Cox David

May 1, 2013, 9:07:49 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com, Perlman Geoff
Hi,

Not sure if any others have found this — a pain since I have moved all my development to the Xojo 14 beta. Note, I DID make full backups first!

Xojo just auto-quit itself asking to report or Ignore — clicking either did nothing, so I quite Xojo gracefully. Now when I go to launch Xojo it says that the beta has expired and get a new copy from Xojo.com. When I go to Xojo.com the screen is blank. Plus the Xojo forum has had a lobotomy and won't load.

Has RS had a meltdown? How can I ask for help is the sites and forum are down and the www.realsoftware.com site provides no Xojo help yet? Has anyone else seen this? Should I go back and unzip RS2013r1?

Yours Sincerely,

David Cox

211 Village Street, Derby, DE23 8DE, United Kingdom
Tel: 01332 767407 Mob: 07921 688553
Skype: david_cox Twitter: david_cox

Patrick Delaney

May 1, 2013, 9:13:19 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
While at the conference there has been a security breach of the RS Webservers and no RS/Xojo sites were working.

See this Blog Entry - they are working very hard to get things up and running.

Best Regards
Patrick Delaney
Skype: Pat-PandaTech

PastedGraphic-1.png

Trisha Duke

May 1, 2013, 9:17:39 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
i got the same thing tooo...clicking ok just close the app

- Trisha Duke

On 1 May 2013, at 14:07, Cox David <holymacker...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Not sure if any others have found this — a pain since I have moved all my development to the Xojo 14 beta. Note, I DID make full backups first!

Xojo just auto-quit itself asking to report or Ignore — clicking either did nothing, so I quite Xojo gracefully. Now when I go to launch Xojo it says that the beta has expired and get a new copy from Xojo.com. When I go to Xojo.com the screen is blank. Plus the Xojo forum has had a lobotomy and won't load.

Has RS had a meltdown? How can I ask for help is the sites and forum are down and the www.realsoftware.com site provides no Xojo help yet? Has anyone else seen this? Should I go back and unzip RS2013r1?

<PastedGraphic-1.png>

Yours Sincerely,

David Cox

211 Village Street, Derby, DE23 8DE, United Kingdom
Tel: 01332 767407 Mob: 07921 688553
Skype: david_cox Twitter: david_cox

Trisha Duke

Cox David

May 1, 2013, 9:30:53 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Trish and Patrick,

I still have a problem — RS made an announcement that their servers are backup, but it seems that does not include the Xojo server. Secondly, where can we discuss Xojo issues or download a new beta? We are not allowed to discuss Xojo on the old forum. I am even wary of mentioning it here!

I know I cannot release Xojo-based apps, but I am wanting to have some software ready and tested for June when Xojo will be released, so I don't want to go back to RS2012r1 or my testing will be delayed.

Hope you are both well. Patrick, I love your web-site, hope you get lots of business!

Trisha Duke

May 1, 2013, 9:34:24 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
david, can you send the image with the expired message to dana.

Patrick Delaney

May 1, 2013, 9:36:21 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
lol - I don't like my site anymore - it's very dated looking.  I have a new version which is a lot cleaner, just need to finish it off and upload it.

As for Xojo - the name change is public knowledge now, so long as we don't discuss the contents of the beta's I think we'll be ok.  The servers being down is a problem - think it's just a waiting game I'm afraid.

Best Regards
Patrick Delaney
Skype: Pat-PandaTech

Trisha Duke

May 1, 2013, 9:37:37 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com, Dana Brown
hi patrick,

i  think you can talk about it BUT not show any new IDE

dana, am i right about that??

Cox David

May 1, 2013, 9:40:57 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Geoff just replied and said:

We are working on getting a new beta out, hopefully today, and will email all beta testers with download links as soon as we have them.

Trisha Duke

May 1, 2013, 9:44:24 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
this is what dana say about the old forum.

So we can talk on the NUG or the forum, just not show the IDE.

"That's right - it is public knowledge now, but do not expose the IDE.

As far as the beta is concerned, we are working to get out another build and get the forum back up ASAP.  I will let you all know as soon as I have an BETA.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or are not sure if you can post something on a public list.

Thanks for your patience!"

Christian Schmitz

May 1, 2013, 9:54:21 AM5/1/13

Am 01.05.2013 um 15:30 schrieb Cox David <holymacker...@googlemail.com>:

> Thanks Trish and Patrick,
>
> I still have a problem…

Please be patient and wait for RS to get the forum run again and post a new beta there.

For the time being, please use Real Studio to open the xojo projects.

Greetings
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/

Trisha Duke

May 1, 2013, 10:02:50 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
what if we use the xojo feature, can we open update project in the old IDE??

- Trisha Duke

Cox David

May 1, 2013, 10:13:04 AM5/1/13
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I heard the file format remains the same. It gives a warning, but opens OK.