RS 2012r2 and Windows 8

Neil Turp

Dec 14, 2012, 11:23:20 AM12/14/12
to RealStudioUsersLondon
Has anyone had any problems with Windows 8? I have an app that runs
fine on Macs and on W7, WXP also whatever RS I use. If I use RS
2011r4.3 it runs on Win 8. If I recompile with 2012r1.2, or 2012r2
and try with Windows 8, I get errors, the latest being:

Runtime error

..\..\..\..\Common\Loaders\Loader.cpp:116
Failure Condition: funcAddress
Function 'WindowsGetContentsChanged' was not exported

but also mentioning RBHTMLViewer, and maybe others I think.

Make any sense to anyone?

Neil

Trisha Duke

Dec 14, 2012, 11:35:11 AM12/14/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
r u register to the Realbasic NUG ??

- Trisha Duke

Christian Schmitz

Dec 14, 2012, 11:35:57 AM12/14/12

Am 14.12.2012 um 17:23 schrieb Neil Turp <neil...@gmail.com>:

> Has anyone had any problems with Windows 8? I have an app that runs
> fine on Macs and on W7, WXP also whatever RS I use. If I use RS
> 2011r4.3 it runs on Win 8. If I recompile with 2012r1.2, or 2012r2
> and try with Windows 8, I get errors, the latest being:

Please report with Feedback.
For me things are working.

But maybe your app misses a DLL or has a declare which fails.

Greetings
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/

Neil Turp

Dec 17, 2012, 5:27:17 AM12/17/12
to RealStudioUsersLondon
It's a simple app reading a realsql database, jpg, rtf and htm files:
it uses the LimeLM Turboactivate controls, and uses WinTrust.dll on
Windows to validate this file. There is nothing else external. The
Akiva.Libs folder contains Appearance Pak.dll, Browser Plugin.dll,
msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, RBGUIFramework.dll and
RealSQLDatabase.dll, and the Turboactivate files are in the correct
folder. We run the exe on XP and W7 and it works, but on W8 it
doesn't. What else do you need?

Neil

On Dec 14, 4:35 pm, Christian Schmitz <goo...@monkeybreadsoftware.de>