AAhhh web apps, deployment, server standalone apps can anybody help.

James Moore

Sep 11, 2012, 7:00:50 AM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,
I am having a huge amount of trouble trying to locate a vps capable of running Real studio web and standalone apps.
I have tried using the suggested list on Real Studios own web site.

After deciding to migrate to DjangoEurope.com and spending a huge amount of time with their support guy nothing runs properly.
I have uploaded real studios own demo app 'orders' which does not run.

So I have uploaded a realstudio designed app to a real studio approved server but nothing works?

Has anybody had similar problems ? what server are people using.
How easy is it to use the standalone app on a pc and access it via the web?
Any advice any help would be gratefully recieved.

james

Trisha Duke

Sep 11, 2012, 11:19:13 AM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

i already implement a few standalone version on my client's server without any problem. the client will be using VPN on their iPad to connect to their server and accessing the WE frontend with the datafile and images that is share with the desktop version.

- Trisha Duke

Robin Lauryssen-Mitchell

Sep 11, 2012, 3:07:54 PM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Dreamhost VPS works fine for me.

Regards
Robin

James Moore

Sep 11, 2012, 3:33:49 PM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trisha
Thank you for your reply.

I set up a vpn with no problem but a few small issues have left me a bit confused.
I have successfully connected via the vpn :-)

1) Am I limited to where I run the standalone application on the server, in other words do I have to run it from a shared  or network folder?
2) I have port forwarded on my hub - port 1723 (for the vpn), but when I build the app do I set it to run on 1723? (this is a pretty alien to me) if not what port, and do i need to open up another in the firewall.
3) I already installed xampp server on the vpn server which is not running. When I type in the ip address of the vpn server I get "Access forbidden" from xampp, should I uninstall xampp?

Thank you so much again for your comments the vein in my neck is slowly deflating.
James

At the moment

James Moore

Sep 11, 2012, 3:35:12 PM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com

Trisha Duke

Sep 11, 2012, 4:35:29 PM9/11/12
to realstudio...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

i don't think it need to be in shared or networked folder unless the data and images is use for the desktop version.

if the standalone is running over vpn, i think the port probably need to be different and i don't think you need to open up another on the firewall.

since i am not using the cgi version, i can't answer you on the xampp.